Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Carolina in 2010?

Posted in the Charlotte Forum

Comments (Page 1,291)

Showing posts 25,801 - 25,820 of49,568
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
Christie not the VP pick could be part of the motivation, but who really knows?
I think Mitt would have a lot better chance at winning if he had picked Christie for VP.
Ryan is a divider.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
No worries, because I got a feeling that if Romney does get elected, he may be forced to resign. Yes, just like Nixon, you know the one who said, "I'm not a crook."
GM an Chrysler have both called him a liar and in my book he is a liar! Once the investigation shows just what he gained from the auto bail out it will all be over but the crying.
I have been back and forth between Topix, World News, Fox News, MSNBC and others, I have come to the conclusion that Mitt Romney is a joke, an embarrassment to his party and unfit to hold the title of Commmander in Chief. Furthermore, I would'nt vote Romney if he ran for dog catcher.
I am Allen and I approved this message!
After Iraq/Halliburton/Cheney, I do not see anyone being forced to resign over profiting from policy.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Waco 1909 wrote:
<quoted text> I am blessed by GOD Allen.My life is full and for the first time in thirty years I'm in love.Soon I will be working full time again, as I have for most of my life.There are people who suffer, like your brother, and many others.Surely they all go to heaven, as they have already been through hell.That's what a nine year old boy told me once,a week before his cancer took him.
I just wonder why a god that has the powers as claimed in the bible allows for cancer.
It is as if no god exists at all.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So your wife equates having a period with being weak and a coward? I see.
It is strange how republican women are fine with being the lesser to men,just as the bible indicates.
1 Timothy 2:12 >>
New International Version (©1984)
I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent.
New Living Translation (©2007)
I do not let women teach men or have authority over them. Let them listen quietly.
English Standard Version (©2001)
I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; rather, she is to remain quiet.
New American Standard Bible (©1995)
But I do not allow a woman to teach or exercise authority over a man, but to remain quiet.
Interpretation of this passage is typically considered complex.[7] N.T. Wright says that 1 Timothy 2 is the "hardest passage of all" to exegete properly.[8] A number of interpretive approaches to the text have been made by complementarians and egalitarians. Vital to remember is that this writing is only one side of a letter written by Paul, and directed at a particular group. Therefor, interpretations are limited to one sided information with no record of the associated correspondence to which Paul was responding. Forming a conclusion on such limited information will be empirically impossible. Best practice would be to place Paul's letters into context with the Torah which he declared to love. The following is a collections of opinions.

Egalitarian and complementarian interpretive approaches to the text typically take the following forms.

Socio-cultural: egalitarians argue that the text was intended for a specific socio-cultural environment which no longer exists and that the text is therefore not relevant to modern churches[9](typically rely heavily on historical reconstructions using extra-biblical sources); complementarians argue that the socio-cultural environment (while relevant), does not restrict the application of the verse to a specific time and place in the past[10]

Lexical: egalitarians argue that the meaning of the key word in the text, authente&#333;, does not support the exclusion of women from authoritative teaching positions in the congregation;[11] complementarians argue that the meaning of this word in its context indicates that Paul did not wish women to have authority over men in the church[12]

Hermeneutical: egalitarians argue that the text was intended only to limit women for a specific temporary duration, or that it was intended only to limit uneducated women who were unfit to speak in the congregation;[13] complementarians argue that hermeneutical considerations indicate the text is universal in its application to Christian congregations[14]

Grey area

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Taxpayer wrote:
Everything that the government does is an attack on people who don’t belong to that organization. If you think about it, every single action that the government takes is some kind of punitive measure taken against people who don’t belong to that organization. Even when the government claims to be doing something nice, they are doing so with resources that they obtained by using threats and violence, which really doesn’t make much of a case for the virtuousness of government.
This organization is not here to protect our rights as it claims to. In fact, when the government steps in and gives itself the responsibility to “protect” your rights, it is simultaneously stripping you of your ability to actually defend your own rights. When you are dependent upon the whims and capabilities of another human being to protect your rights, you are literally handing your rights over to them and essentially submitting to slavery.
Then clearly you hate the American constitution.
Utopia cannot exist.
Protecting the citizen is a mandate of the constitution. Are you saying this should be changed?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Allen wrote:
Emlu and AZ,I know that your nephews are just precious. I will certainly keep them in my thoughts and prayers:) You are both so very lucky to have them to cherish.
Thank you very much. That is very thoughtful of you.
Allen

Penrose, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>After Iraq/Halliburton/Cheney, I do not see anyone being forced to resign over profiting from policy.
And what policy would that be Mike? The one where you did not get your way with bankruptcy so you hold up parts shipments and make unjust demands on an already straped auto industry and make off with $2M in hard earned tax payers dollars?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

emlu wrote:
<quoted text>Interpretation of this passage is typically considered complex.[7] N.T. Wright says that 1 Timothy 2 is the "hardest passage of all" to exegete properly.[8] A number of interpretive approaches to the text have been made by complementarians and egalitarians. Vital to remember is that this writing is only one side of a letter written by Paul, and directed at a particular group. Therefor, interpretations are limited to one sided information with no record of the associated correspondence to which Paul was responding. Forming a conclusion on such limited information will be empirically impossible. Best practice would be to place Paul's letters into context with the Torah which he declared to love. The following is a collections of opinions.
Egalitarian and complementarian interpretive approaches to the text typically take the following forms.
Socio-cultural: egalitarians argue that the text was intended for a specific socio-cultural environment which no longer exists and that the text is therefore not relevant to modern churches[9](typically rely heavily on historical reconstructions using extra-biblical sources); complementarians argue that the socio-cultural environment (while relevant), does not restrict the application of the verse to a specific time and place in the past[10]
Lexical: egalitarians argue that the meaning of the key word in the text, authente&#333;, does not support the exclusion of women from authoritative teaching positions in the congregation;[11] complementarians argue that the meaning of this word in its context indicates that Paul did not wish women to have authority over men in the church[12]
Hermeneutical: egalitarians argue that the text was intended only to limit women for a specific temporary duration, or that it was intended only to limit uneducated women who were unfit to speak in the congregation;[13] complementarians argue that hermeneutical considerations indicate the text is universal in its application to Christian congregations[14]
Grey area
So in short, you are saying, the apologists say, it was good to keep women from being equals back in olden times but not now?
To bad Paul did not make this clear. It is as if a perfect god did not inspire the writings after all.
They are so imperfect, it has lead to thousands of years of women being treated as lesser to men by mandate of a god.

It was wrong then, and it is wrong now. Humans are human, men and women both, and never was there a time when women should have not been able to teach men.

The men who wrote the bible were misogynist.

The bible is very black and white. If it were truly perfect, that would not be a problem so much.

“ We are not permanent”

Since: Oct 08

Gaston County

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I think Mitt would have a lot better chance at winning if he had picked Christie for VP.
Ryan is a divider.
And Obama is a uniter?

“ We are not permanent”

Since: Oct 08

Gaston County

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>After Iraq/Halliburton/Cheney, I do not see anyone being forced to resign over profiting from policy.
Nor will they question James Biden (brother of Joe Biden) for the billion dollar construction contract he was awarded. Politics as usual.

Oh.....here is a link for your reading pleasure.

http://m.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/opedcolumn...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

The Enemy Within wrote:
<quoted text>
And Obama is a uniter?
Not as much as the Republican House are dividers whose agenda was to block every jobs bill that came before them.
Waco 1909

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I just wonder why a god that has the powers as claimed in the bible allows for cancer.
It is as if no god exists at all.
And yet....here we are.Did we spontaneously erupt from nothingness?

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So in short, you are saying, the apologists say, it was good to keep women from being equals back in olden times but not now?
To bad Paul did not make this clear. It is as if a perfect god did not inspire the writings after all.
They are so imperfect, it has lead to thousands of years of women being treated as lesser to men by mandate of a god.
It was wrong then, and it is wrong now. Humans are human, men and women both, and never was there a time when women should have not been able to teach men.
The men who wrote the bible were misogynist.
The bible is very black and white. If it were truly perfect, that would not be a problem so much.
I always thought women were revered. Misogyny (play /m&#618;&#712;s&#5 94;d&#658;&#618;ni/) is the hatred or dislike of women or girls.
Waco 1909

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

emlu wrote:
<quoted text>Interpretation of this passage is typically considered complex.[7] N.T. Wright says that 1 Timothy 2 is the "hardest passage of all" to exegete properly.[8] A number of interpretive approaches to the text have been made by complementarians and egalitarians. Vital to remember is that this writing is only one side of a letter written by Paul, and directed at a particular group. Therefor, interpretations are limited to one sided information with no record of the associated correspondence to which Paul was responding. Forming a conclusion on such limited information will be empirically impossible. Best practice would be to place Paul's letters into context with the Torah which he declared to love. The following is a collections of opinions.
Grey area
That was a beautiful post.From a beautiful person.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
Is your mind that simple.
Just answer the damn question. We cannot read your twisted mind.

Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
Taxpayer, Do you feel the assistance given to residents of New Jersey and New York in the aftermath of Sandy through the Federal government is a violation of your rights, and therefore, taking away certain rights from you?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Allen wrote:
Waco, I have no idea what your dissabilty is but when pukes like repub speak to the dissabled this way my blood boils. My baby brother suffered with spinal meningitis from six months to thirteen years and then past away. It hits a nerve deep within. I have no respect for those who disrespect the dissabled.
Allen, you have shared your story of a family member with disabilities, Arnold also has and I, too, have a brother with disabilities. I have no time for ANYONE that is so pathetic that stooping to pick on persons with disabilities is fair game. My gosh, 4 and 5 year old children know that's unacceptable, so clearly we're with dealing with a man with the maturation and intelligence of a 3 year old. If only this person and notice I don't call him a man because he's not a man to me, could only understand how much love people with disabilities can bring to a family. Unlike him, they don't judge, they don't make fun, they somehow manage to love even people as underserving as him. Truly they have a greater insight into what matters and what doesn't than those of us without disabilities.
Allen

Penrose, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

The Enemy Within wrote:
<quoted text>
And Obama is a uniter?
Damn skippy. Bottom up and middle out! The $ signs in Romney's eyes have obscured his vision of what the true America is all about.
Waco 1909

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Mike....you seem to be a bit of a misogynist yourself.To be frank....and you will of course disagree...you seem to exhibit hostility to women on this forum frequently.Admittedly this is subjective.Seems to me you've always been harsher on the ladies.Mike, Topix does not show the real person.For instance you are quite wrong about Bacon not being a lady.Bacon has endured much.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Waco 1909 wrote:
<quoted text> And yet....here we are.Did we spontaneously erupt from nothingness?
"nothing"is a relative term in science. There is no absolute "nothing" that has ever been observed.

What religion claims is to 'know' in absolute terms where all came from, yet they have absolutely zero evidence to support the claim.

Also, if you believe god created all,then god must have created cancer.

What you are doing is, filling a gap of knowledge with a god. That is exactly how all gods were invented by man.

My atheism, or lack of belief in a god, does not require me to know all answers to all questions.
Waco 1909

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>"nothing"is a relative term in science. There is no absolute "nothing" that has ever been observed.
What religion claims is to 'know' in absolute terms where all came from, yet they have absolutely zero evidence to support the claim.
Also, if you believe god created all,then god must have created cancer.
What you are doing is, filling a gap of knowledge with a god. That is exactly how all gods were invented by man.
My atheism, or lack of belief in a god, does not require me to know all answers to all questions.
GOD created all things.including spiders and cancer.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 25,801 - 25,820 of49,568
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

20 Users are viewing the Charlotte Forum right now

Search the Charlotte Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
dwight powell (Jan '12) 5 hr nc transplant ny 63
Are Southerners Stupid or do they just sound th... (Oct '08) 8 hr nc transplant ny 4,791
black on black crime (Sep '13) Sat thetiming 11
Cruising Charlotte late 60's Early 70's (Mar '13) Sat David Alan 2
Saving Money on Ebay School, work & Christmas (Jul '13) Apr 18 yes 4
NAACP pickets at Roses store, protests GOP poli... Apr 17 James Jeffers 39
LIEF COACH busted (Feb '13) Apr 16 Buff Aloe 27
•••
•••
•••
Charlotte Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••