Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
WACO 1909

League City, TX

#26354 Nov 2, 2012
TSF wrote:
I bought gas near Greenville, SC last week for $2.99
<quoted text>
A good trend.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#26355 Nov 2, 2012
TSF wrote:
<quoted text>
I bought diesel yesterday in Greenville, SC for $3.59, in Clt it's currently $3.99! Gotta love those NC fuel taxes administered by the democrats, fifth highest in the country!

“ We are not permanent”

Since: Oct 08

Gaston County

#26356 Nov 2, 2012
TSF wrote:
Wake Up!! 5 trillion dollars in tax cuts to the wealthy when we already have to BORROW 40 cents of every dollar? That means we either have borrow 5 trilllion more dollars or raise taxes on someone. We have almost reached the upper limit of borrowing, so who do you think will have to pay the majority of that 5 trillion ? Hint: It isn't the rich and it can not be the poor because they don't have it. So what group is left? You got it!!! MIDDLE CLASS WORKERS.
Regardless of who is elected their will be a tax increase come 1/1/2013 for all Americans when the temporary reduction in Social Security payroll tax expires.

Under the law, Congress is reimbursing Social Security for the lost revenue, estimated at $103 billion in 2011 and $112 billion in 2012. But Congress didn't cut spending or raise other taxes to offset the lost revenue, so the payroll tax cut is being financed with borrowed money, adding to the national debt.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#26357 Nov 2, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>First, you have to prove they were told to stand down.
But how am I to know the reasons the military acted or did not as as they did until someone tells us why? Why speculate on someone we do not know about? This is why it is best to let the investigation unfold before jumping to conclusions(guessing).
I do not even know what information to trust on this story. So much conflicting information comes in, it shows for certain, some of it is not true. So again, I seems logical to wait before pointing fingers.
According to the claims this article has, the seal team was not ordered to stand down.
It is clear, you are an extreme partisan of for the republican party. So your motives to point the finger at Obama for this is clearly due to your politics,nothing more.
I see you give Bush a full pass on everything that happened on 9/11/01. Thus further proving my point. Partisan.
You have proved nothing. If you have not kept up with this investigation, why do you comment on it? As late as 6:30 pm last night more "cables" were released. I do not consider this a Republican/Democrat issue. This to me is a security issue.

Location hidden

#26358 Nov 2, 2012
TSF wrote:
<quoted text>
5.99 in Jersey

Location hidden

#26359 Nov 2, 2012
"How desperate is hurricane-ravaged New Jersey?Not desperate enough to suspend a union monopoly that keeps the state in the bottom ten states for economic competitiveness (and #48 for business friendliness). Relief crews from Alabama who were specifically called to New Jersey found themselves diverted to Long Island, NY after they arrived because they use non-union labor."

The city of Seaside Heights, NJ called and requested help from Huntsville Utilities, Decatur Utilities, and Trinity Utilities, all from Alabama. When the crews from Huntsville Utilities arrived they were told they couldn't work in NJ because they were non union. They were then diverted to Long Island, NY. The crews from Decatur Utilities are currently waiting in Roanoke, VA for deployment while the crews from Trinity have turned around and went home.

I see Gov Christie is still doing whatever it takes to get re-elected.

Location hidden

#26360 Nov 2, 2012
TSF wrote:
Republikans can fix anything through government. North Carolina republikans just passed a law against the sea rising. That fixes everything with regards to coastal flooding.
Mitt Romney wants to eliminate FEMA and put his plan in place. All those people in NY and NJ whose homes were washed away can "Just borrow the money from your parents."
<quoted text>
Surely those people in NY & NJ who had there homes washed away had insurance, no? Why would they have to borrow money from anyone?
Romney's plan with FEMA is to give "part" of the control to the states since it's the local, county, and state levels that ARE the first responders, FEMA doesn't show up until 3-4 after an emergency.
As far as the law on "sea rising", this was done to allow for offshore drilling off the coast of NC, something the state democrats were against. Your party preaches energy independence but refuses to drill.

Location hidden

#26361 Nov 2, 2012
TSF wrote:
Romney's plan is to single out stupid people and raise their taxes; unconstitutional, but stupid people will never figure that out. The stupid republikans will even vote for that plan. That explains why republikans want to destroy public education.
Being stupid isn't illegal or unconstitutional, it's called a lack of self responsibility.....which unfortunatly isn't illegal or unconstitutional either.

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#26362 Nov 2, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So the economy collapsing had zero to do with Clinton's actions, by your reasoning.
Yet you and your team always blame Clinton for the housing crisis.
You have double standards and contradict yourself on a regular basis. Your whole team does.
Learn to be consistent and maybe we will start thinking you know what you are talking about.
Clinton signed the bill into law and did not veto, secondly I also found fault in people taking loans on housing they knew they could never afford.

Straw man argument Miley, I expect that out of your team. That is the only consistent argument from democrats is diversion.

What does any of this have to do with Christie and Obama being chordal with one another handling a DISASTER?

Location hidden

#26363 Nov 2, 2012
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>LOL...The only thing of biblical proportion are your arrogance and ignorance. Media putting a spin on Christie? They are only reporting what he said. How is that a spin?
I know your assessment and proneness of disaster response is weak so I expect you to regurgitate talking pints of Rachel madcow and Chris Matthews from bsnbc.

“ We are not permanent”

Since: Oct 08

Gaston County

#26364 Nov 2, 2012
Pro-American wrote:
"How desperate is hurricane-ravaged New Jersey?Not desperate enough to suspend a union monopoly that keeps the state in the bottom ten states for economic competitiveness (and #48 for business friendliness). Relief crews from Alabama who were specifically called to New Jersey found themselves diverted to Long Island, NY after they arrived because they use non-union labor."

The city of Seaside Heights, NJ called and requested help from Huntsville Utilities, Decatur Utilities, and Trinity Utilities, all from Alabama. When the crews from Huntsville Utilities arrived they were told they couldn't work in NJ because they were non union. They were then diverted to Long Island, NY. The crews from Decatur Utilities are currently waiting in Roanoke, VA for deployment while the crews from Trinity have turned around and went home.

Let them live in the dark.

Next week they will be screaming no one came to help them.

Location hidden

#26365 Nov 2, 2012
emlu wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, I like how he said he appreciated President Obama "giving me his number" at the White House and to call if he needed anything. AZ, Silver is correct, they are both just doing their jobs. In my opinion, as it should be, Sandy wasn't a political event. It was a tragic one.
The number they give out is the secret service control room at the whitehouse. They issue it to the higher ups when the big dawg is in town.

Location hidden

#26366 Nov 2, 2012
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't read that in his post at all. I interpreted it as saying that everyone has the right to chose were to live BUT if you chose to live on the coast, below sea level, etc...then it's up to you to buy the private insurance to protect your investments and NOT to depend on the govt to bail your ass out in the case of an emergency. If YOU can't afford to protect your investment then YOU can't afford to live there!
It is the same if you live in flood probed area's. I can't get insurance on my home against hurricane or wind damage, I have to have a separate policy covering it because of where I live. Guess what Miley, no one told me to live here, I chose it myself.
WACO 1909

League City, TX

#26367 Nov 2, 2012
Pro-American wrote:
When hurricane Ike hit us power workers from Salt Lake City saved our asses.They worked like maniacs alongside our own guys who were also giving 200 per cent.Citizens cleared roads from downed trees using their own equipment as the state workers were swamped just dealing with Houston and pulverized Galveston.The Golden TRIANGLE also took a massive hit.Churches handed out food and water.The first FEMA trucks in our area didn't arrive for sixteen days.Although we sent a massive amount of power workers from Houston and Texas to New Orleans during Katrina...they did not return the favor...for whatever reason.Although they were requested.

Location hidden

#26368 Nov 2, 2012
Pro-American wrote:

Jersey a big unionized state unfortunately. Stories like these make drive on by the Red Cross relief stations where I live.

Too stupid to accept help or want to put stipulations on "free" help then you get what you get. Must be that stupid is is stupid does mentality.

Location hidden

#26369 Nov 2, 2012
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>Surely those people in NY & NJ who had there homes washed away had insurance, no? Why would they have to borrow money from anyone?
Romney's plan with FEMA is to give "part" of the control to the states since it's the local, county, and state levels that ARE the first responders, FEMA doesn't show up until 3-4 after an emergency.
As far as the law on "sea rising", this was done to allow for offshore drilling off the coast of NC, something the state democrats were against. Your party preaches energy independence but refuses to drill.
The National Response Plan requires all citizens to be self sustaining for 72 hours after any event. That is 3 days there AZ and Miley. You are on your own for 3 days and maybe longer provided how remote you live.

Democrats don't want us repubs hurting their sea turtles. Because we see how many of those sea turtles pay taxes or provide income or a job.

Being facetious.

Location hidden

#26370 Nov 2, 2012
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
It is the same if you live in flood probed area's. I can't get insurance on my home against hurricane or wind damage, I have to have a separate policy covering it because of where I live. Guess what Miley, no one told me to live here, I chose it myself.
And I bet you had enough self responsibility to purchase the additional insurance instead of waiting on the govt to rescue you in case of an emergency!
WACO 1909

League City, TX

#26371 Nov 2, 2012
Those sea turtles are good eating!:)

Location hidden

#26372 Nov 2, 2012
WACO 1909 wrote:
Those sea turtles are good eating!:)
Tastes like chicken right?

Location hidden

#26373 Nov 2, 2012
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
I feel bad for the independent film maker. Had absolutely nothing to do with it yet going to bear the brunt of Nobama's presidency failures.
Cleaned all my weapons and going to the range tomorrow afternoon. Preparing for the ensuing civil "race" war after Romney/Ryan win.
What's your choice in side arms? We've got a large class this Sat. 30 plus people.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlotte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Man charged with arson in Spruce Pine fires (Aug '07) 14 hr P harris 20
Pack your bags 22 hr Byehispanics 1
Need a plug Sat NMO 2
Kneegro please Sat NMO 1
The White House is White again!! Jan 21 Trump did it 1
Pain relief Meds and other MEDS Jan 21 dfgregt 1
Are Southerners Stupid or do they just sound th... (Oct '08) Jan 20 Timmy_ 4,930

Charlotte Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Charlotte Mortgages