“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#26299 Nov 1, 2012
TSF wrote:
Tripoli is 981 miles from Benghazi, Rome is 0ver 600 miles from Benghazi. At even a crusise speed of 200 mph, a transport helicopter form Tripoli would have taken 4 hours and 51 minutes to get to Benghazi. If they left when the attack started at 4:00pm, they would have arrived 21 minutes AFTER the ambassadors body had been released from the hospital and the attackers were gone. If they left from Rome, in the same kind of chopper, they would have arrived at Benghazi at 7:00 pm, after the attack was over .
If the house republikans had not so severely cut security budgets,there would have been a chance that security was adequate.
THE FAULT OF THIS FAILURE CLEARLY LIES AT THE FEET OF HOUSE REPUBLIKANS.
<quoted text>
I beg to differ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_budget_...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marine_Security_...
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2012/10/12...
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php...
WACO 1909

Houston, TX

#26300 Nov 1, 2012
Damn.Here I am...an Obama supporter in Texas....almost hoping Obama loses just to piss off some people on forum here...
WACO 1909

Houston, TX

#26301 Nov 1, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Hit man? I just called out what I read, and I read you threatening me. If I assumed wrongly that you planned to carry out your threat, that does not make me a coward, it makes me safe from those who are self professed as violent and mentally unstable. I know how you get worked up over the slightest of things.
Your head spins if someone calls you are redneck.
Yes I can get worked up but KILLING someone goes quite a bit farther than that.The only thing you have to worry about is cholesterol.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#26302 Nov 1, 2012
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
"he original residents of Greater New Orleans settled on the high ground along the Mississippi River. Later developments eventually extended to nearby Lake Pontchartrain, built upon fill to bring them above the average lake level. Navigable commercial waterways extended from the lake to downtown. After 1940, the state decided to close those waterways following the completion of a new Industrial Canal for waterborne commerce. Closure of the waterways resulted in a drastic lowering of the water table by the city's drainage system, causing some areas to settle by up to 8 feet (2 m) due to the consolidation of the underlying organic soils. After 1965, the Corps of Engineers built a levee system around a much larger geographic footprint that included previous marshland and swamp. The average elevation of the city is between 1 and 2 feet (0.61 m) below sea level. There are no residential areas of the city that are currently more than 10 feet (3 m) below sea level.
After the Great Mississippi Flood of 1927, the Congress mandated the Corps of Engineers as the federal agency responsible for design and construction of flood protection projects, to include those in Greater New Orleans. It also affirmed the principle of local participation in federally funded projects but acknowledged that the $292 million already spent by local interests was sufficient to cover local participatory costs. It also required that local interests had to agree to be responsible for maintenance of any proposed levees before the projects would be initiated.
The heavy flooding caused by Hurricane Betsy in 1965 brought concerns regarding flooding from hurricanes to the forefront. That year, through enactment of the Flood Control Act of 1965 (FCA 1965) Congress authorized the Pontchartrain Hurricane Protection Project. FCA 1965 reiterated the principle of local participation in federally funded projects. The local interests' role was maintenance once the work was complete. Although federally authorized, it was a joint federal, state, and local effort. Almost from the start, the design was impacted by changes due to technical issues, environmental concerns, legal challenges, and local opposition by those opposed to the project. The project was initially estimated to take 13 years, but when Katrina struck in 2005, almost 40 years later, the project was only 60–90% complete with a revised projected completion date of 2015."
As you can read for yourself Miley, the levy system was in place long before Bush was in command. More importantly the following shows where some of the failure of government leadership on all levels, not just Bush, for mitigating some of the Katrina aftermath...
"The heavy flooding caused by Hurricane Betsy in 1965 brought concerns regarding flooding from hurricanes to the forefront. That year, through enactment of the Flood Control Act of 1965 (FCA 1965) Congress authorized the Pontchartrain Hurricane Protection Project. FCA 1965 reiterated the principle of local participation in federally funded projects. The local interests' role was maintenance once the work was complete. Although federally authorized, it was a joint federal, state, and local effort."
So again, failing to plan is planning to fail. You have a responsibility to protect yourself first and then others second. Perhaps
Your articles that have no citations or links to verify, do not show why the repairs took so long.
I know the republican agenda is one of keeping funds going to war and not so much to fixing our infrastructure at home.

Again I ask, why do you say the people should have gotten no trailers and money for goods in that crisis?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#26303 Nov 1, 2012
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
"Which politician emerged from the mess of Katrina as the biggest bonehead involved? No, it's not Michael Brown, George W. Bush, or even the bumbling Louisiana Gov. Kathleen Babineaux Blanco.
The clear winner is New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin, who made every conceivable mistake during the crisis. With plenty of warning, he delayed the evacuation order, had no drivers ready to operate the school buses that stood idle, failed to stock the Superdome with food and water, and let the looters rampage without any interference from police. The excuse given for the failure to get buses moving was that the mayor wasn't able to round up enough drivers. One report said most drivers were women and afraid to make the trip. But a competent mayor would have ordered the drivers to report and provided an armed on-board protector for each bus.
Nagin didn't bother. He did, however, record a message on DVD last July announcing, with other civic leaders, that New Orleans couldn't afford to evacuate the 134,000-odd mostly poor and black people known to lack transportation out of the city in case of a hurricane. When the hurricane struck, the DVD, with its hopeless message, "You're on your own," still hadn't been released.
Nagin also managed to inflame the rage over Katrina, particularly racial rage, by estimating 10,000 hurricane deaths in the city, a figure that now appears to be 10 times too high. Since then, he left the city to visit his evacuated family in Dallas, issued a good deal of blame-shifting rhetoric, and came down for–and then against–inviting New Orleans residents to return quickly to the city. A near-perfect record for incompetence."
And appearently I am not the only one who feels the responsibility for response, mitigation and recovery after a disaster all starts with local governments. Not the feds.
My point about the FEMA trailers and free prepaid Visa cards is there was very little checks or balances that things purchased with them were indeed necessities.
http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-201_162-6324462.h...
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43238753/ns/weath...
Just a few more examples...
Straw man. We are comparing presidents, not Mayors. I see you will not compare fairly.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#26304 Nov 1, 2012
WACO 1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Yes I can get worked up but KILLING someone goes quite a bit farther than that.The only thing you have to worry about is cholesterol.
Again, I never thought you would kill, so not sure why you keep saying that.

“Anasasis Xenophontis.”

Since: Dec 08

over there.

#26305 Nov 1, 2012
emlu wrote:
<quoted text>I see you don't have any trust in the US Marines, I know a couple that will dispute that little comment. Why would you bring up Bush? He had nothing to do with the attack and murder of Americans in Libya. He read his emails and security reports and attended meetings. You know the only thing that bothers me about your lip service? The comment about the Marines. 50 US Marines is a force to be reckoned with, coming from an Army gal that's saying a lot. 9/11 changed the entire world and how global intel is conducted. Bush just happened to be part of that, it's called history. Clinton signed the death warrant on Bin Laden but President Obama happen to be the president in office when he was found, again history.
although I disagree verily....army rangers hooah. I battle with myself constantly for being the first gen male of my fathers family not joining the rangers. First gen student though.

Location hidden

#26306 Nov 1, 2012
TSF wrote:
If a frog had wings , he wouldn't bump his ass every time he jumps. If Dubya Bush had reacted to numerous reports of the 911 , 01 attack, it would have saved 3000 American lives. If congress had not cut funds to the Benghazi security fund, money would have been available for more security. If there had been 50 marines there would have been 54 dead instead of 4. Typical chickenhawk sitting in the lazyboy and figuring out what should have been done. When and where will the next attack occur chicken hawk? Instead of blaming the terrorist who carry out the attacks, you can blame someone in the USA. Chicken shit chickenhawks and their Twitt leader, part of the blame America crowd. Geese!!
<quoted text>
http://www.quora.com/U-S-Marine-Corps/If-ever...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Ma...

I know of about 200,000 Marines who would beg to differ on your asessment of your theoretical Benghazi attack.

And your arguements of President Bush are as straw man's as Miley Duq's. Bush hasn't been in office since January 20th, 2009.

Keep shifting blame or fault. Soon enough you will be saying, "yes president Romney?"

Location hidden

#26307 Nov 1, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Your articles that have no citations or links to verify, do not show why the repairs took so long.
I know the republican agenda is one of keeping funds going to war and not so much to fixing our infrastructure at home.
Again I ask, why do you say the people should have gotten no trailers and money for goods in that crisis?
here is a miley duq answer, use google.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flood_Control_Ac...

Location hidden

#26308 Nov 1, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Straw man. We are comparing presidents, not Mayors. I see you will not compare fairly.
You obviously did not read the part that said...

"My point about the FEMA trailers and free prepaid Visa cards is there was very little checks or balances that things purchased with them were indeed necessities.

http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-201_162-6324462.h ...
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43238753/ns/weath ...

Just a few more examples..."

And since preparation starts with the individual and not just the president... what next Miley?

Location hidden

#26309 Nov 1, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Your articles that have no citations or links to verify, do not show why the repairs took so long.
And actually this time around, the Red Cross is asking for cash donations instead of food or clothes so they can go buy what is needed.

Location hidden

#26310 Nov 1, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
And to put it in more simple terms for you to understand and probably defiantly agree, you just don't hand someone a blank check or credit card...

Grossly irresponsible.

“ We are not permanent”

Since: Oct 08

Gaston County

#26311 Nov 1, 2012
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
I haven't seen anything on here lately about Obama lowering the gas prices. Any comments?
It is still almost $2 a gallon higher than we he took office

“ We are not permanent”

Gaston County

#26312 Nov 1, 2012
"When he"
TSF

Kenly, NC

#26313 Nov 1, 2012
And it is almost $2 cheaper than gas in June of 2008 when it was over $4.00 per gallon.
The Enemy Within wrote:
<quoted text>
It is still almost $2 a gallon higher than we he took office

“ We are not permanent”

Gaston County

#26315 Nov 1, 2012
TSF wrote:
<quoted text>And it is almost $2 cheaper than gas in June of 2008 when it was over $4.00 per gallon.
Yes it is. We are already aware Bush sucked. What is your point?
TSF

Kenly, NC

#26316 Nov 1, 2012
I have always suspected that making predictions about events ahead of time is bad luck, so I will just wait and see. It will actually not be all bad if the republikans start crowing instead of whining, crying, pissing , moaning, complaining , attacking every group and obstructing like they have done for the last 4 years. But if I have to endure another 4 years of that crap, it will be worth it for the good of our great nation. I look forward to Nov 7 .I am prepared to follow when Mr President (which ever) is elected. I hope you are. That is how democracy is supposed to work.
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.quora.com/U-S-Marine-Corps/If-ever...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Ma...
I know of about 200,000 Marines who would beg to differ on your asessment of your theoretical Benghazi attack.
And your arguements of President Bush are as straw man's as Miley Duq's. Bush hasn't been in office since January 20th, 2009.
Keep shifting blame or fault. Soon enough you will be saying, "yes president Romney?"
TSF

Kenly, NC

#26317 Nov 1, 2012
The president doesn't control oil prices, not Bush, not Obama.
Oil is controlled by world markets and we are exporting almost 50% of the gasoline produced in the USA. That is the point. Thanks for asking.
The Enemy Within wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it is. We are already aware Bush sucked. What is your point?

Location hidden

#26318 Nov 1, 2012
TSF wrote:
<quoted text>The president doesn't control oil prices, not Bush, not Obama.
Oil is controlled by world markets and we are exporting almost 50% of the gasoline produced in the USA. That is the point. Thanks for asking.
And we import a vast majority of our oil from Latin America. Which is why Chavez in Venezuela wants Nobama to stay in office. Even Chavez knows there is a reckoning coming when Romney/Ryan take office in January.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#26319 Nov 1, 2012

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlotte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Buh Bye All You IBM Employees (Oct '10) 11 hr remember 254
Where Did the Devil Come From? (May '08) Sat dollarsbill 419
Belmont man's art exhibit captures mill era's d... Sat Belmont Resident 3
can someone explain this to me? Sat ntheknow 4
Peter Demas-no worries (Jul '10) Sat KoK-LoL 124
Charlotte's uptown New Year's Eve party is moving Sat Anthony Holloway 1
Legit massage for wife? Sat PropertyGuyCLT 5
Charlotte Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web