Comments
25,441 - 25,460 of 58,935 Comments Last updated 5 hrs ago
TSF

Kenly, NC

#26258 Nov 1, 2012
Let me try to help you understand this: Benghazi is over 6300 miles from the White House. The email of the attack came to the White House from the State Department at 6:07 pm on Sept 11, 2012. The attack was already pretty much over and Ambassador Stevens body was released from a hospital at 8:30 pm Sept 11,2012. That was two hours and twenty three minutes after the email. Why was security so light? THE REPUBLIKAN CONGRESS HAD CUT 296 MILLION DOLLARS OFF THE STATE DEPARTMENT BUDGET REQUEST FOR CONSULATE SECURITY. You don't suppose that had any effect on available personnel?
Around 10:00 am on Sept 12, 2012, Obama announced the attack and attributed it to TERRORIST. That was around 16 hours after the email.
Before Sept 12, 2012 was over, Twitt Romney was attempting to make political points on the caskets of dead US service personnel and their bodies weren't even completely cold.
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>Again......
The newly released pictures of President Obama in the situation room looking all presidential while deploying help to those in need during the aftermath of Sandy are so cute. Why wasn't he in the situation room deploying help to those who were being attacked in Benghazi? Oh, that's right. He had to get some rest so he could go to Vegas the following day to play grab ass with Beyonce!

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#26259 Nov 1, 2012
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>..Please show everyone, the real proof you have, that the President misshandled the tragic incident in Benghazi?...
http://factcheck.org/2012/10/b enghazi-timeline/Draw your own conclusions.

Location hidden

#26260 Nov 1, 2012
TSF wrote:
Let me try to help you understand this: Benghazi is over 6300 miles from the White House. The email of the attack came to the White House from the State Department at 6:07 pm on Sept 11, 2012. The attack was already pretty much over and Ambassador Stevens body was released from a hospital at 8:30 pm Sept 11,2012. That was two hours and twenty three minutes after the email. Why was security so light? THE REPUBLIKAN CONGRESS HAD CUT 296 MILLION DOLLARS OFF THE STATE DEPARTMENT BUDGET REQUEST FOR CONSULATE SECURITY. You don't suppose that had any effect on available personnel?
Around 10:00 am on Sept 12, 2012, Obama announced the attack and attributed it to TERRORIST. That was around 16 hours after the email.
Before Sept 12, 2012 was over, Twitt Romney was attempting to make political points on the caskets of dead US service personnel and their bodies weren't even completely cold.
<quoted text>
Do you think the families of the people killed are offended by Romney's comments? I haven't heard/ read about it if they are. I think if his (Romney) actions don't anger the families of the dead, it shouldn't anyone else. Mr. Woods has been quite clear on who he blames for the lack of security in Benghazi, when his son was killed. More and more information keeps coming out about this, it really will be a terrible thing if this could have been prevented.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#26261 Nov 1, 2012
...SEAL'S MOTHER CRITICIZES ROMNEY.....The mother of a retired Navy SEAL killed in Libya lashed out at Romney for discussing her son's death on the campaign trail, saying, "He should'nt make my son's death , part of his political agenda."....Barbara Doherty's son, Glen was killed during the September 11 attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi. Twice on Tuesday and again on Wednesday, talked emotionally, of meeting the young man at a Christmas party and finding him inspiring....One of Doherty's friend's spoke of Glen recalling that Romney introduced himself twice, in twenty minutes...evidently unable to remember having just meeting Glen.....Glen had said it seemed pathetic and comical....(Associated Press)...

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#26262 Nov 1, 2012
TSF wrote:
Lets see if we can figure this out: FEMA- Federal Emergency Management Agency. The key word there is FEDERAL, meaning that it is financed and administered by the FEDERAL Government. Now if Romney transfers their function to the STATES, it will be financed and administered by the STATES and thereforem would be the elimination of FEMA. When Romney was asked if he would end FEMA he replied" Absolutely--" Republikans!!! Geese!!! They cannot see any further than the end of their nose. Everything more complicated than a bumper sticker slogan is incomprehensible to them. That is why republikan leaders oppose public education. Its easy to deceive the ignorant into voting against their own interests.
<quoted text>
TSF, you're not quite correct about the use of federal and state monies. My daughter works for the federal government, but is paid through the state. The federal government gives the money to the clinic she works in but it goes through state channels. She has federal government benefits; however, the federal government allows the clinic to operate on the state and local level because they know better how to appropriate their funds. When I worked for the county government, of course we received local, state and federal money. I was paid as a state employee. We received federal monies but it did not make the local government I work for a federal agency.

“Anasasis Xenophontis.”

Since: Dec 08

over there.

#26263 Nov 1, 2012
emlu wrote:
<quoted text>Do you think the families of the people killed are offended by Romney's comments? I haven't heard/ read about it if they are. I think if his (Romney) actions don't anger the families of the dead, it shouldn't anyone else. Mr. Woods has been quite clear on who he blames for the lack of security in Benghazi, when his son was killed. More and m ore information keeps coming out about this, it really will be a terrible thing if this could have been prevented.
so you defend bringing a soldiers death into a political election and using that as a talking point....because it helps romney.

I just love how everyone assumes they know exactly what the whitehouse is doing 24/7. Shit not eeven the whitehouse but you guys got all this intelligence over the pentagon too! How easy it is to fall on that political bandwagon when your nominee finds something to blow out of proportion. We got bases and embassies in terrorist hotspots and somehow its all because of our presidents fault. Somehow it was all bushes fault that the towers fell cause he didn't tell those raptors to shoot down the planes.....see how this works. You, as in everyone, have absolutely no idea what was going on or what iis going on. Probably won't know till after the election. I know obama is killin us all and coddling the terrorists...I know we got to buy into that cause were against obama.
Fkin shallow as hell....its about the fact that people were killed without warning not about whose president. Fact is he couldn't dictate the event to your liking no matter how much you people perverse it. when america starts tellin the mob all about what their doing in the name of, special forces missions to kill enemies, intelligence on the whereabouts of said enemies, and they do this in the name of fueling your little political fires....I lose all faith in our military. Who are we to politically campaign on the tombstones of dead Americans

“Anasasis Xenophontis.”

over there.

#26264 Nov 1, 2012
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Good video Pro. She won't be the only person of Jewish decent to vote for Romney. Obama has lost his popularity with the Jewish community since he has thrown Israel under the bus.
explain. We know christians are lookin for ways to call out bama on israel. If it was something that he said and people blew out of context just ignore the post. Besides aren't we all about dealing with our own problems?israel is not its own country? Shit with all that american firepower I can see why they oppose the current admin. They want more money. They havfe good reasoning though...but we are starving out a fking country for them.
TSF

Kenly, NC

#26265 Nov 1, 2012
emlu wrote:Do you think the families of the people killed are offended by Romney's comments?

Answer: YES. Mr Woods specifically asked that his son's death NOT be politicized. It is offesive to any decent person.
It certainly COULD have been prevented-- by properly funding consulate security instead of diverting the money into tax breaks to the rich. There is NO DIVERSION that will change that most disgusting FACT.
LuLu

Lenoir, NC

#26266 Nov 1, 2012
sevenSecrets wrote:
<quoted text>so you defend bringing a soldiers death into a political election and using that as a talking point....because it helps romney.
I just love how everyone assumes they know exactly what the whitehouse is doing 24/7. Shit not eeven the whitehouse but you guys got all this intelligence over the pentagon too! How easy it is to fall on that political bandwagon when your nominee finds something to blow out of proportion. We got bases and embassies in terrorist hotspots and somehow its all because of our presidents fault. Somehow it was all bushes fault that the towers fell cause he didn't tell those raptors to shoot down the planes.....see how this works. You, as in everyone, have absolutely no idea what was going on or what iis going on. Probably won't know till after the election. I know obama is killin us all and coddling the terrorists...I know we got to buy into that cause were against obama.
Fkin shallow as hell....its about the fact that people were killed without warning not about whose president. Fact is he couldn't dictate the event to your liking no matter how much you people perverse it. when america starts tellin the mob all about what their doing in the name of, special forces missions to kill enemies, intelligence on the whereabouts of said enemies, and they do this in the name of fueling your little political fires....I lose all faith in our military. Who are we to politically campaign on the tombstones of dead Americans
Have not soldiers deaths ALWAYS been part of politics? For the lack of better word, rumor mill. In today's world, those lovely things called facebook, skype, etc, let's people keep informed. You see where I'm going? The Brotherhood uses it everyday to keep in touch and coordinate "protests". In the same token, families and "buddies" do the same. Frankly, I think that this will be a asterisk on the current administration, I think it's tragic.

Location hidden

#26267 Nov 1, 2012
sevenSecrets wrote:
<quoted text> explain. We know christians are lookin for ways to call out bama on israel. If it was something that he said and people blew out of context just ignore the post. Besides aren't we all about dealing with our own problems?israel is not its own country? Shit with all that american firepower I can see why they oppose the current admin. They want more money. They havfe good reasoning though...but we are starving out a fking country for them.
You fool, where do you think the U.S. got their intelligence about all this firepower? Why are our troops currently being trained in Israel by the IDF? Doesn't sound to me that Israel has one damn thing to be afraid of. Cut off Israel's money, they'll be fine. Israel has gone two wars without the U.S. and WON and they can do it again. We can take the money saved on Israel and give to the welfare programs theat enable people to do nothing and if our country is attacked, we'll run to the projects for a game plan.
LuLu

Lenoir, NC

#26268 Nov 1, 2012
TSF wrote:
<quoted text>
When did the Congress cut funding, Sept. 10 2012? When were requests for more security made? You seem VERY specific on your exact times and dates, care to share your sources. I'm sure funding had effect on personnel. Do you think anyone took the threat under advisement? Do you think someone could have looked at the emails for more security and said "crap maybe they do need help"? Everyday that passes this looks worse and worse for the current administration.

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#26269 Nov 1, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>First, the failure of Bush to upgrade the levee in advance could have prevented billions in loss. Likely hundreds of billions.
Second, no matter if all had evacuated, the federal government would still need to help house the ones left homeless.
Why do you say the FEMA trailers were not needed? Were you going to just leave them out in the elements? Why not give them a card to get things they need to live in such time of crisis?
You make a lot of outrageous claims, yet give no reasoning behind the wishes.
Pretty easy to Monday morning quarterback in the lazy boy.
"he original residents of Greater New Orleans settled on the high ground along the Mississippi River. Later developments eventually extended to nearby Lake Pontchartrain, built upon fill to bring them above the average lake level. Navigable commercial waterways extended from the lake to downtown. After 1940, the state decided to close those waterways following the completion of a new Industrial Canal for waterborne commerce. Closure of the waterways resulted in a drastic lowering of the water table by the city's drainage system, causing some areas to settle by up to 8 feet (2 m) due to the consolidation of the underlying organic soils. After 1965, the Corps of Engineers built a levee system around a much larger geographic footprint that included previous marshland and swamp. The average elevation of the city is between 1 and 2 feet (0.61 m) below sea level. There are no residential areas of the city that are currently more than 10 feet (3 m) below sea level.

After the Great Mississippi Flood of 1927, the Congress mandated the Corps of Engineers as the federal agency responsible for design and construction of flood protection projects, to include those in Greater New Orleans. It also affirmed the principle of local participation in federally funded projects but acknowledged that the $292 million already spent by local interests was sufficient to cover local participatory costs. It also required that local interests had to agree to be responsible for maintenance of any proposed levees before the projects would be initiated.

The heavy flooding caused by Hurricane Betsy in 1965 brought concerns regarding flooding from hurricanes to the forefront. That year, through enactment of the Flood Control Act of 1965 (FCA 1965) Congress authorized the Pontchartrain Hurricane Protection Project. FCA 1965 reiterated the principle of local participation in federally funded projects. The local interests' role was maintenance once the work was complete. Although federally authorized, it was a joint federal, state, and local effort. Almost from the start, the design was impacted by changes due to technical issues, environmental concerns, legal challenges, and local opposition by those opposed to the project. The project was initially estimated to take 13 years, but when Katrina struck in 2005, almost 40 years later, the project was only 60–90% complete with a revised projected completion date of 2015."

As you can read for yourself Miley, the levy system was in place long before Bush was in command. More importantly the following shows where some of the failure of government leadership on all levels, not just Bush, for mitigating some of the Katrina aftermath...

"The heavy flooding caused by Hurricane Betsy in 1965 brought concerns regarding flooding from hurricanes to the forefront. That year, through enactment of the Flood Control Act of 1965 (FCA 1965) Congress authorized the Pontchartrain Hurricane Protection Project. FCA 1965 reiterated the principle of local participation in federally funded projects. The local interests' role was maintenance once the work was complete. Although federally authorized, it was a joint federal, state, and local effort."

So again, failing to plan is planning to fail. You have a responsibility to protect yourself first and then others second. Perhaps

Location hidden

#26270 Nov 1, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>The contrast between Obama's handling of this storm compared to Bush's handling of Katrina is clear.
"Which politician emerged from the mess of Katrina as the biggest bonehead involved? No, it's not Michael Brown, George W. Bush, or even the bumbling Louisiana Gov. Kathleen Babineaux Blanco.

The clear winner is New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin, who made every conceivable mistake during the crisis. With plenty of warning, he delayed the evacuation order, had no drivers ready to operate the school buses that stood idle, failed to stock the Superdome with food and water, and let the looters rampage without any interference from police. The excuse given for the failure to get buses moving was that the mayor wasn't able to round up enough drivers. One report said most drivers were women and afraid to make the trip. But a competent mayor would have ordered the drivers to report and provided an armed on-board protector for each bus.

Nagin didn't bother. He did, however, record a message on DVD last July announcing, with other civic leaders, that New Orleans couldn't afford to evacuate the 134,000-odd mostly poor and black people known to lack transportation out of the city in case of a hurricane. When the hurricane struck, the DVD, with its hopeless message, "You're on your own," still hadn't been released.

Nagin also managed to inflame the rage over Katrina, particularly racial rage, by estimating 10,000 hurricane deaths in the city, a figure that now appears to be 10 times too high. Since then, he left the city to visit his evacuated family in Dallas, issued a good deal of blame-shifting rhetoric, and came down for–and then against–inviting New Orleans residents to return quickly to the city. A near-perfect record for incompetence."

And appearently I am not the only one who feels the responsibility for response, mitigation and recovery after a disaster all starts with local governments. Not the feds.

My point about the FEMA trailers and free prepaid Visa cards is there was very little checks or balances that things purchased with them were indeed necessities.

http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-201_162-6324462.h...
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43238753/ns/weath...

Just a few more examples...

Location hidden

#26271 Nov 1, 2012
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
"Which politician emerged from the mess of Katrina as the biggest bonehead involved? No, it's not Michael Brown, George W. Bush, or even the bumbling Louisiana Gov. Kathleen Babineaux Blanco.
The clear winner is New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin, who made every conceivable mistake during the crisis. With plenty of warning, he delayed the evacuation order, had no drivers ready to operate the school buses that stood idle, failed to stock the Superdome with food and water, and let the looters rampage without any interference from police. The excuse given for the failure to get buses moving was that the mayor wasn't able to round up enough drivers. One report said most drivers were women and afraid to make the trip. But a competent mayor would have ordered the drivers to report and provided an armed on-board protector for each bus.
Nagin didn't bother. He did, however, record a message on DVD last July announcing, with other civic leaders, that New Orleans couldn't afford to evacuate the 134,000-odd mostly poor and black people known to lack transportation out of the city in case of a hurricane. When the hurricane struck, the DVD, with its hopeless message, "You're on your own," still hadn't been released.
Nagin also managed to inflame the rage over Katrina, particularly racial rage, by estimating 10,000 hurricane deaths in the city, a figure that now appears to be 10 times too high. Since then, he left the city to visit his evacuated family in Dallas, issued a good deal of blame-shifting rhetoric, and came down for–and then against–inviting New Orleans residents to return quickly to the city. A near-perfect record for incompetence."
And appearently I am not the only one who feels the responsibility for response, mitigation and recovery after a disaster all starts with local governments. Not the feds.
My point about the FEMA trailers and free prepaid Visa cards is there was very little checks or balances that things purchased with them were indeed necessities.
http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-201_162-6324462.h...
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43238753/ns/weath...
Just a few more examples...
Hey Silver, nothing to do with Katrina, but I thought this was a funny by Jay Leno:

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/20...

Location hidden

#26272 Nov 1, 2012
LuLu wrote:
<quoted text>When did the Congress cut funding, Sept. 10 2012? When were requests for more security made? You seem VERY specific on your exact times and dates, care to share your sources. I'm sure funding had effect on personnel. Do you think anyone took the threat under advisement? Do you think someone could have looked at the emails for more security and said "crap maybe they do need help"? Everyday that passes this looks worse and worse for the current administration.
Never mind the actual Embassy in Tripoli had Marine Corps security detail assigned to it. Not to mention the United States Navy's Sixth Fleet, which is based in Italy, or the Amphibious Readiness Group or the famed Task Force 61, whose operational area is specifically the Med. Guess foreign policy is just not Nobama's thing. Glad he is doing his job on the response to Sandy.

I still voted for Romney/Ryan yesturday and all republicans on the ticket yesturday. Only democrat I voted for was the coroner because he was the only one running for the job.

Location hidden

#26273 Nov 1, 2012
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Silver, nothing to do with Katrina, but I thought this was a funny by Jay Leno:
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/20...
Leno is a pretty witty guy. I do respect his actions of taking a pay cut so some of his staff would stay working. Says volumes of his character.

Location hidden

#26274 Nov 1, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>The contrast between Obama's handling of this storm compared to Bush's handling of Katrina is clear.
Glad Nobama is being responsbile and genuinely concerned.

Too little too late for his presidency.

Location hidden

#26275 Nov 1, 2012
sevenSecrets wrote:
<quoted text>so you defend bringing a soldiers death into a political election and using that as a talking point....because it helps romney.
Kind of like when you guy claim the Iraq war was unnecessary or ill advised?

Location hidden

#26276 Nov 1, 2012
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Never mind the actual Embassy in Tripoli had Marine Corps security detail assigned to it. Not to mention the United States Navy's Sixth Fleet, which is based in Italy, or the Amphibious Readiness Group or the famed Task Force 61, whose operational area is specifically the Med. Guess foreign policy is just not Nobama's thing. Glad he is doing his job on the response to Sandy.
I still voted for Romney/Ryan yesturday and all republicans on the ticket yesturday. Only democrat I voted for was the coroner because he was the only one running for the job.
It's a mess. Hour by hour it looks like those people were thrown under the bus.

“Anasasis Xenophontis.”

over there.

#26277 Nov 1, 2012
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Kind of like when you guy claim the Iraq war was unnecessary or ill advised?
support the troops not the government. Atleast obama didn't spend a trillion killing osama.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlotte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Duke Energy's paperless billing is rediculous 16 hr James Taylor 1
I Love Black Women (May '11) 16 hr Bill Robinson 239
Where to buy spice? 18 hr Blah 1
Are Southerners Stupid or do they just sound th... (Oct '08) 22 hr MichaelL 4,839
hCG Weight Loss Doctors in Charlotte, NC Fri Jamie27 2
scat Fri deandrehayes1 1
Belmont man's art exhibit captures mill era's d... Fri Belmont Resident 2
•••
•••
•••

Charlotte Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Charlotte People Search