Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Why wouldn't he? Why should he not get a pat on the back? Is your lack of patting on the back going to help anything? Does a pat on the back hurt anything?
I say it helps to pat one on the back in such an instance. It helps motivate him to continue that hard job. To always strive to do the job right. Failure to give that pat on the back may lead to some not making a full effort. Why take that chance? Your needs may depend on him doing a good job. Waiting to see if he does less than a good job maybe to late. Your life could depend in it. Take your chances with yours own life, not mine. I will do what I think is the right thing to do. You can be an asshole if you wish. Typical republican.
I guess being a good Samaritan and expecting nothing in return is foreign to you. I missed your answer on donations for the relief efforts.
TSF

Dunn, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Franklin needs to receive a form 1040 since he and Samaritans Purse have become a PAC.
emlu wrote:
Tuesday, 30 October 2012 11:14
Trucks rolled from the Samaritan’s Purse emergency response facility in Wilkes County this morning, Karina Petersen saying that five programs managers have been send to specific areas for assessment. Their release said that four of them are currently north of Richmond, Virginia and approximately heading to Wayne, New Jersey, the greater Philadelphia area, Baltimore, Maryland area and the Delaware and Virginia coastal areas. Three Disaster Relief Units were sent out from North Wilkesboro, North Carolina, to follow the program managers. Once needs have been assessed, the units will travel to the areas that most need help. And once response areas have been decided on, we will send shower trailers, generators, and other required equipment. She said that,“We anticipate that we will be helping with tree damage and mud outs, but will respond to other needs as necessary.”
Prev Article In This Category Next Article In This Category
Prev Article Next Article
Wonder if Franklin Graham will get a pat on the back.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
States and local government should. Who knows their community better?
I am sure Chris Christie will not refuse the federal help. I see he is already patting Obama on the back for doing his job.

I guess it is easy for you to sit in your lazy boy and tell people they should get no help from the federal government while their state is in chaos. Typical republican asshole.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Why wouldn't he? Why should he not get a pat on the back? Is your lack of patting on the back going to help anything? Does a pat on the back hurt anything?
I say it helps to pat one on the back in such an instance. It helps motivate him to continue that hard job. To always strive to do the job right. Failure to give that pat on the back may lead to some not making a full effort. Why take that chance? Your needs may depend on him doing a good job. Waiting to see if he does less than a good job maybe to late. Your life could depend in it. Take your chances with yours own life, not mine. I will do what I think is the right thing to do. You can be an asshole if you wish. Typical republican.
Here again with the name calling, typical Democrat.
TSF

Dunn, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Let me imply that no one knows where Romney stands on any issue due to his constant day by day flip flopping on everything. If you want to excuse his serial lying as "implications", do not expect others to buy that BS
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text> Romney NEVER said he'd get rid of FEMA, rather implied moving parts of FEMA into the hands of the states and the private sector. Do you see how you leaving out the words "parts of FEMA " from his statement changes the whole meaning? Where did you get your info, BSNBC? You should seriously watch/read more than one news source.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

emlu wrote:
<quoted text>I guess being a good Samaritan and expecting nothing in return is foreign to you. I missed your answer on donations for the relief efforts.
So your job is all about being a good Samaritan now?
You are making a straw man argument.
I am not asking for a pat on the back, I am suggesting what one does as a manager or owner, not as an employee.

I do not like getting into my personal life. I did say a bit about it lately, and you see how that has turned out. It is always used against me, not matter if my actions were noble or not. So I try to make it a policy to keep it general. I give, and I will give to help those in this disaster.
The debate here is what government should do. I am not here to compete on who personally gives the most.

My view is, one should give personal donations and help, but that is not enough. We need government power to do what we cannot. This disaster is a good example of what government can do, that donations cannot.

I do applaud churches for being pretty good at helping in such situations. Atheist also give. For example, Bill Gates gave half of his billions to charity. But even with that massive amount of money, it still cannot do all that is needed to be done. A central government of the country has power no single person or organization can come close to having.
TSF

Dunn, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Obama asked people to bring supplies, food and volunteer for the relief effort. Romney asked people to send MONEY to Red Cross.
Obama asks people to be personally involved with whatever they have to contribute. Mitt wants you to impersonally send MONEY. It would NEVER occur to Mitt that some people have nothing to give but themselves and their willingness to contribute..
Two men,two totally different perspectives.
emlu wrote:
<quoted text>I guess being a good Samaritan and expecting nothing in return is foreign to you. I missed your answer on donations for the relief efforts.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

emlu wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, my efforts were rewarded with a pay raise EVERY review period and dept. promotions. No trick, I knew I could preform basic job requirements and still collect a paycheck. Is that your employer has done for you? Tricked you into doing more than your job required and doesn't compensate you. I guess you are comfortable with a pat on the back and a cup of coffee.
Well actually, sometimes a pat on the back could save the employer from having to pay more than he can afford. This is why any management expert will tell you it is smart business to do so.
But just getting employees to do 'adequate' work is not easy. Just getting them to do their job is not easy. So the pat on the back and some coffee just may do the trick.

A good employer should reward anyone doing above their required job with better pay also. You see, the normal rule of thumb is, give them a pat on the back for adequate work, give them a raise for work above what their job entails.
I thought this was management 101. I see many here are not managers or at least good ones.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So your job is all about being a good Samaritan now?
You are making a straw man argument.
I am not asking for a pat on the back, I am suggesting what one does as a manager or owner, not as an employee.
I do not like getting into my personal life. I did say a bit about it lately, and you see how that has turned out. It is always used against me, not matter if my actions were noble or not. So I try to make it a policy to keep it general. I give, and I will give to help those in this disaster.
The debate here is what government should do. I am not here to compete on who personally gives the most.
My view is, one should give personal donations and help, but that is not enough. We need government power to do what we cannot. This disaster is a good example of what government can do, that donations cannot.
I do applaud churches for being pretty good at helping in such situations. Atheist also give. For example, Bill Gates gave half of his billions to charity. But even with that massive amount of money, it still cannot do all that is needed to be done. A central government of the country has power no single person or organization can come close to having.
This post is about the Samaritans Purse relief efforts. Spin Democrat spin.Had nothing to do with employment. Democrat.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

emlu wrote:
<quoted text>Here again with the name calling, typical Democrat.
Silver says, Coward. Homo. Homo bar manager.

Is he a typical Democrat?

“Anasasis Xenophontis.”

Since: Dec 08

over there.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

waco1909 wrote:
Here's how it works in Texas.We (citizens) and the state of Texas take care of ourselves.After hurricane Ike hit us it was the CHURCHES that gave out food I didn't see a federal presence for THREE WEEKS!
actually waco...I know we like the lone ranger imma cowboy shoot my own food thing...I worked for honeycutt construction and he got contracted by thee gov. 3 days after a hurrican to go to texas and build temp houses...iwas down there for three weeks buildin those things and made around 2 grand in a month. Not bad when I was eighteen....bought a lot of beer lol

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

TSF wrote:
Obama asked people to bring supplies, food and volunteer for the relief effort. Romney asked people to send MONEY to Red Cross.
Obama asks people to be personally involved with whatever they have to contribute. Mitt wants you to impersonally send MONEY. It would NEVER occur to Mitt that some people have nothing to give but themselves and their willingness to contribute..
<quoted text>
I think everyone in California should pack up and "personally" get involved. Get mobile, come to the east, bring oranges, hand them out, silly isn't it. OR they can send a donations.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

lucifer wrote:
<quoted text>I can dispute your silly assertion that spending helps the economy! Your fairy tale version of economic theory is like the perpetual motion machine in mechanical theory. It is impossible for this to work but people with feeble minds tend to believe what they want to believe.
Still waiting for you to refute it.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

emlu wrote:
<quoted text>This post is about the Samaritans Purse relief efforts. Spin Democrat spin.Had nothing to do with employment. Democrat.
The post you responded to was about your post on the government worker doing his job, not the volunteers. Am I mistaken?

And for the sake of argument, lets say we are talking about a good Samaritan. Why would you not pat a good Samaritan on the back?
It may not be expected, but it sure could not hurt,and it will likely encourage more good Samaritan works.

Many people do good works, thinking on the surface, they do not do it for a reward, but the instinctive mind usually still wants some pat on the back recognition. It is human nature. Pure altruism is more rare than not. Understanding this fact, the pats on the back serve for a society that helps each other more. Is that not what is really important anyway? Whatever works.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

TSF wrote:
<quoted text>
TSF, have you ever thought both men have different but correct perspectives. For those close by that can give of their time and any equipment that can be used to help is great. The Red Cross also needs supplies and money. Think about people that left in a hurry and probably panic and didn't bring their meds, especially the elderly. The average citizen can't donate insulin, needles (well probably some can help with the needles, but they might be used), blood pressure meds etc. The Red Cross needs money to purchase medications that can't be sent by private citizens. Both men are right in their requests. No time to make a disaster a spitting contest. Whatever anyone can do monetarily or by giving of their time, talent and donating supplies I feel certain would be appreciated. I've watched the tv today and the loss for these people is great and thus far, both candidates have gone out of their way to make it not about them, but the people impacted by this disaster.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>Duh! Obama is going to win NJ anyways! It's called self preservation. He's a Republican Gov in a liberal state and the liberal NJ voters will remember today two years from now.
Probably does'nt help, that Mitt blew off his, "Give em a Bag-O-Groceries" program, and is down here today, explaining his 5 point plan, to kid's that don't speak english, in Miami.....they don't tell him, of course....

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

TSF wrote:
<quoted text>
Mitt learned young, to keep his distance...No touching....

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

TSF wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know it never occured to Mitt?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>This answered no questions of mine, and told us nothing new.
Again, you clearly stated there Miley...

"So if you are managing workers, you would never ever thank them for doing their job? "

And I responded back. Obviously, you are too stupid to know when you are being insulted there meat gazer.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Just so you know, the military did give me medals just for doing my job.
If that truly is the case then my respect for the military just lowered.

How many commendations can you get for taking the colonel coffee?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

12 Users are viewing the Charlotte Forum right now

Search the Charlotte Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Alice Cooper and Motley Crue 8 hr Music man 1
Why are Southerners rude in action, but pretend... (Jan '13) 11 hr Concerned Citizen 230
Help with Bad Landlord 11 hr Concerned Citizen 2
What the heck is wrong with black people in cha... Tue Tony 6
Dog food and meds Tue ToEachIsOwn 3
I Love Black Women (May '11) Tue Tim 235
Shadra Jeane Wilson Mon In need of some info 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Charlotte Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000