Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So if you are managing workers, you would never ever thank them for doing their job? You would only thank them for doing a job that was not theirs to do?
You would certainly fail as a manager. Doing your job well makes you a winner, whether you can find it in your heart to appreciate it or not.

Do you have any thoughts that are not cliche talking points?
No, you don't mike. They are expected to do their job. Anything outside that scope of responsibility is extra.

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>Lu, I have this quote and it sums up Mike pretty well:

"One of the worst tools that dysfunctional individuals have in their kit is the art of belittling others. This is done in order to make the aggressor feel bigger, better..."

Mike always wants to know what a psychologist would think about this or that. Here's a quote that was pointed out to me by a psychologist after reading his posts and this was her position.
Here here bacon.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Mike Duquette wrote:
Did I mention that Mitt wants the states to handle disasters and the federal government should stay hands off?
I wonder how that would have worked out on 9/11?
I wonder if Jersey would be able to handle this storm on its own?

It is cowardly to sit back and whine about the federal government. The federal government is the only source of the sort of power one can get to fix big problems.
Then quit your bitching about bush if that truly is your posture. Doubt it is, just saying.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>All military service deserves at least respect, but some thanks would also be appreciated. The service I gave was instrumental in keeping America safe.If you cannot appreciate that, then you are not a good American.
I appreciate your service. I would never disrespect your service.

In my eyes, Bacon is no lady. The title does not just come with ones sex.

And BTW, I have seen you blow your top more than once on this forum. In fact, you are probably number one on the list of those who do so.

The republicans here call me names daily. The silence is deafening on that hypocrisy.
How many times has Bacon tried to belittle me by calling me Mikey or worse?
I think I will start calling you Miley instead.

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>All military service deserves at least respect, but some thanks would also be appreciated. The service I gave was instrumental in keeping America safe.If you cannot appreciate that, then you are not a good American.
I appreciate your service. I would never disrespect your service.
In my eyes, Bacon is no lady. The title does not just come with ones sex.
And BTW, I have seen you blow your top more than once on this forum. In fact, you are probably number one on the list of those who do so.
The republicans here call me names daily. The silence is deafening on that hypocrisy.
How many times has Bacon tried to belittle me by calling me Mikey or worse?
YOU DIDN'T blow your top Mike.You made a calculated decision to call a person of respect a"hag".You have successfully called the republicans who hasseled you names in return."Chickenshit" to Silvercoast etc. Not a problem.Your best bet for a response to bacon or emlu would simply be your usual sarcasm.Bacon and emlu are very decent people.Save your namecalling for the men.Grow up.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

TSF wrote:
The stripes on the zebra change when suddenly NJ needs federal money from FEMA to recover from the devastation of Sandy. Romney has said he would eliminate FEMA. Today he has flip flopped again and said he would preserve FEMA. So if he were elected and flip flopped again and did eliminate FEMA, what would happen to NJ or New Orleans, or NY City, or Charleston, etc when the next frankenstorm hits?
So are those Northern anti government TP republikans
going to refuse the help of FEMA in cleaning up their cities? Not!
Its kind of like religion getting popular when death is near.
<quoted text>
Romney NEVER said he'd get rid of FEMA, rather implied moving parts of FEMA into the hands of the states and the private sector. Do you see how you leaving out the words "parts of FEMA " from his statement changes the whole meaning? Where did you get your info, BSNBC? You should seriously watch/read more than one news source.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
I just saw NJ Governor, Chris Christie, give Obama a raving evaluation of his leadership ability with his response and cutting through the red tape with immediate help for his state. The best endorsement since Bill Clinton.
Duh! Obama is going to win NJ anyways! It's called self preservation. He's a Republican Gov in a liberal state and the liberal NJ voters will remember today two years from now.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
States and local government should. Who knows their community better?
State and local governments do not always have the resources needed in large emergencies.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you don't mike. They are expected to do their job. Anything outside that scope of responsibility is extra.
This answered no questions of mine, and told us nothing new.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Then quit your bitching about bush if that truly is your posture. Doubt it is, just saying.
Your post makes no sense.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Tuesday, 30 October 2012 11:14

Trucks rolled from the Samaritan’s Purse emergency response facility in Wilkes County this morning, Karina Petersen saying that five programs managers have been send to specific areas for assessment. Their release said that four of them are currently north of Richmond, Virginia and approximately heading to Wayne, New Jersey, the greater Philadelphia area, Baltimore, Maryland area and the Delaware and Virginia coastal areas. Three Disaster Relief Units were sent out from North Wilkesboro, North Carolina, to follow the program managers. Once needs have been assessed, the units will travel to the areas that most need help. And once response areas have been decided on, we will send shower trailers, generators, and other required equipment. She said that,“We anticipate that we will be helping with tree damage and mud outs, but will respond to other needs as necessary.”

Prev Article In This Category Next Article In This Category
Prev Article Next Article
Wonder if Franklin Graham will get a pat on the back.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Rate has nothing to do with the total amount paid in? Are you serious mike or are you joking? The "rate" is the incentive to all, including you. The more money you make the lesser of a rate you're taxed because you have more to tax. Whats not to understand? Seems pretty clear to me that all democrats are jealous of republicans because of how they manage their wealth and now want to take a communist approach by redistributing that wealth.
You do know you can pay more in than what you owe, right? Obama offered that solution to warren buffet once, but buffet declined.
Not that it is any of our business but how much did you gross and pay taxes last year? 1.82 million dollars?
You are taking what I said out of context.
It is not a progressive tax rate if the rich are paying a lesser tax rate than lower earners. Now spin that fact.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

emlu wrote:
<quoted text>Aren't we being cute, find it in my heart. It's been my experience say, in the retail world I had to bust my ass to complete my "required" tasks to receive a positive job review, to get the "pat on the back" I had to open 2 extra credit apps as well as the required 2 a week, keep my dept to corporate standards, sell above my "sales per hour" goal. Not to mention the customer service requirements. Don't tell me what it takes to get a pat on the back. I have the comment cards, letters of recommendations and achievement awards to prove it. I didn't get any of them by just "doing a good job". Send me a pair of your rose colored glasses will ya. I'm an achiever Mike. You see I like going above the mark. It makes me feel like I have accomplished something. I believe that is needed the job market today. Anyone can do the requirements. It's getting harder to find someone to go the extra mile. "Cliche" enough for you?
I see, so your company tricked you into doing more than your job required and failed to compensate you but gave you a pat on the back. Sucker.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Just so you are clear mike, I did not offer an apology. I did not offer an apology. I say it twice so there is no mistaking what I said. As far as my arguments go, you claim they are straw man. Ok mike then so are yours. Yours are even more so because we all know democrats are notorious for trying to inject social issues where they don't belong. Don't believe me? Look at your prior postings about business ops and turning a profit.
If you can't criticism either constructive or destructive then that is your problem nancy boy. The coffee thing was poking fun at you just as you return the favor.
You are a man of many parts. Coward. Homo. Homo bar manager. Psychologist. And now Internet police officer on anonymity. When you pay my bill then you can have access to whatever you like. I seriously doubt you have the means to afford my obligations because like your boyfriend, TSF, and probably bacon, my American Express card is black, not platinum.
Did you somehow get the idea I thought you were apologizing? Not sure where you got that idea.

I think I respond directly to your points and questions quite a lot. You and your team, on the other hand, run for days from talking about the substance of an issue. You create straw man arguments. Sounds like you are not clear what that means.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't get medals or pats on the back for doing your job. It is expected.
Speak for yourself. Just because something is expected, does not mean one cannot also give a pat on the back to show appreciation for doing their job.
Ask any expert on management. Read any book on management and it will tell you to do this.
I understand this is your opinion, but you state it as if it an absolute fact that cannot be changed. It is not.

You have offered no examples or reasoning to show your approach is best. I have. That is what constitutes substance. Just claiming you way is best, is not a debate, it is just a baseless opinion.
Why would anyone take your advice, if you cannot show it is good advice? Show us your way is best.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

emlu wrote:
Trucks rolled from the Samaritan’s Purse emergency response facility in Wilkes County this morning, Karina Petersen saying that five programs managers have been send to specific areas for assessment. Their release said that four of them are currently north of Richmond, Virginia and approximately heading to Wayne, New Jersey, the greater Philadelphia area, Baltimore, Maryland area and the Delaware and Virginia coastal areas. Three Disaster Relief Units were sent out from North Wilkesboro, North Carolina, to follow the program managers. Once needs have been assessed, the units will travel to the areas that most need help. And once response areas have been decided on, we will send shower trailers, generators, and other required equipment. She said that,“We anticipate that we will be helping with tree damage and mud outs, but will respond to other needs as necessary.”
Why wouldn't he? Why should he not get a pat on the back? Is your lack of patting on the back going to help anything? Does a pat on the back hurt anything?
I say it helps to pat one on the back in such an instance. It helps motivate him to continue that hard job. To always strive to do the job right. Failure to give that pat on the back may lead to some not making a full effort. Why take that chance? Your needs may depend on him doing a good job. Waiting to see if he does less than a good job maybe to late. Your life could depend in it. Take your chances with yours own life, not mine. I will do what I think is the right thing to do. You can be an asshole if you wish. Typical republican.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I see, so your company tricked you into doing more than your job required and failed to compensate you but gave you a pat on the back. Sucker.
Actually, my efforts were rewarded with a pay raise EVERY review period and dept. promotions. No trick, I knew I could preform basic job requirements and still collect a paycheck. Is that your employer has done for you? Tricked you into doing more than your job required and doesn't compensate you. I guess you are comfortable with a pat on the back and a cup of coffee.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't get medals or pats on the back for doing your job. It is expected.
Just so you know, the military did give me medals just for doing my job.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Why wouldn't he? Why should he not get a pat on the back? Is your lack of patting on the back going to help anything? Does a pat on the back hurt anything?
I say it helps to pat one on the back in such an instance. It helps motivate him to continue that hard job. To always strive to do the job right. Failure to give that pat on the back may lead to some not making a full effort. Why take that chance? Your needs may depend on him doing a good job. Waiting to see if he does less than a good job maybe to late. Your life could depend in it. Take your chances with yours own life, not mine. I will do what I think is the right thing to do. You can be an asshole if you wish. Typical republican.
I guess being a good Samaritan and expecting nothing in return is foreign to you. I missed your answer on donations for the relief efforts.
TSF

Kenly, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Franklin needs to receive a form 1040 since he and Samaritans Purse have become a PAC.
emlu wrote:

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Charlotte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wachovia Customers Beware Wells Fargo Online Bi... (Apr '11) 19 hr Akita96th 127
Trolls posting "Southerner" threads Fri leslis 10
Forbes - Charlotte In Top 10 Most Miserable Cities (Feb '08) Thu Ura Dickhole 65
Charlotte agency offers low-cost hearing aids f... Aug 20 Jessie 2
Biogel Injections (Feb '10) Aug 20 chrissy nunya 129
DIRECTV Referral Code at Maximum savings (Costc... (Aug '12) Aug 18 Yueyang Chen 62
CMPD: 2 police officers shot in northeast Charl... Aug 17 JimmyJ 1

Search the Charlotte Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Charlotte Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Charlotte People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE