Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Apparently Bacon is one of those who spit upon those returning from military service.
Who provoked whom? I guess you don't get it, Bacon provoked me by spitting on my service.
I see in your book, it is OK to spit upon someones service to the country, but it is off limits to call that person an old hag.
Your standards are clearly flawed.
Sorry Mike I don't see where she SPIT on your service. Even if she did, your grade school "old hag" name calling was unbecoming a man of military service. You know Mike I know a little about the service 5 uncles, father, 2 brothers not to mention friends. You flaunt your service and yet insult it at the same time. Of course this is just my opinion on an open forum. PS Work on your own standards.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Duely noted and I agree about congress and the president. I still fail to see why you are staunchly against the progressive tax rates. And I am really not trying to be a dick or funny. I might of over looked it but it is what it is.
I will say, under the progressive tax rate, even though higher income pay less of a rate, they still pay in more monetarily wise. One of Obama's ads claims Mitt only paid 14% of 13 million dollars in 2011. And that 14% is 1.82 million dollars of taxes paid in. More money payed in taxes than most netted and payed.
Not exactly a progressive tax rate if the rich pay a lesser rate of tax.

The word 'rate' has nothing to do with the total amount paid being more than some poor person as you claim. I would think an accountant would understand that concept.

Mitt is paying a lower rate, and he wants it to be even lower. He wants his rate to be zero. He wants the worker to pay all the taxes. He wants the owner to pay none.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Typical republican. You cannot give Obama credit when credit is due. Ungrateful.
What credit, he did nothing above his job. Look out for the best interests of the state of NJ. Now, if he had published his transcripts, taken Trumps 5 million and donated to relief efforts, he would have got an " that'a boy". IT"S HIS JOB to help every state hit by that storm. Typical Democrat thinking.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

emlu wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry Mike I don't see where she SPIT on your service. Even if she did, your grade school "old hag" name calling was unbecoming a man of military service. You know Mike I know a little about the service 5 uncles, father, 2 brothers not to mention friends. You flaunt your service and yet insult it at the same time. Of course this is just my opinion on an open forum. PS Work on your own standards.
Read the posts that I was responding to.
Knowing someone in the military does not give you the understanding of what one feels when his service is spit upon.

Bacon says she also has a relative in the military, and thus claims that is proof of her support of the military. I do not know how that adds up.

I see everyone ganging up on me for calling Bacon a name, but no one calling her out for disrespecting my service.
No wonder the military feels the public is not on their side.
You can fly a flag and shout how you support the military all day every day, but if you are spitting on them as you do it, it is all meaningless. Bacon is doing just that. Silver is doing just that.
Everyone who defends them doing so is also spitting on the troops.

I know you republicans have a hard time understanding such simple concepts, but you really need to think about this instead of knee jerking to defend your teammates.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

The silence is deafening.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

emlu wrote:
<quoted text>What credit, he did nothing above his job. Look out for the best interests of the state of NJ. Now, if he had published his transcripts, taken Trumps 5 million and donated to relief efforts, he would have got an " that'a boy". IT"S HIS JOB to help every state hit by that storm. Typical Democrat thinking.
So Obama should cave to blackmail?
Yes, he is doing his job. I guess republicans cannot pat someone on the back for doing a job well done.
You and your teammates have shown that attitude towards employees for the past day or two.
You know, if you do not show appreciation, you just may not get the person motivated to even do the job he is supposed to do.
It is the human factor.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

emlu wrote:
<quoted text>What credit, he did nothing above his job. Look out for the best interests of the state of NJ. Now, if he had published his transcripts, taken Trumps 5 million and donated to relief efforts, he would have got an " that'a boy". IT"S HIS JOB to help every state hit by that storm. Typical Democrat thinking.
You know, if Trump just donated that money to the relief efforts out of the goodness of heart instead of trying to black mail the president of the united states, he could show us how government is not needed and private donations can do the job.

Fact is, five million is chump change in relation to the massive amounts of money the federal government is going to spend on this disaster. The power of the federal government is needed.
Mitt Romney said the states should handle this stuff on their own.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So Obama should cave to blackmail?
Yes, he is doing his job. I guess republicans cannot pat someone on the back for doing a job well done.
You and your teammates have shown that attitude towards employees for the past day or two.
You know, if you do not show appreciation, you just may not get the person motivated to even do the job he is supposed to do.
It is the human factor.
Nice try, you are such a Democrat. Everyone's a winner, gee, little boy, let me thank the President for helping the state of NJ. I'll "pat him on the back" next time I see him. I show "appreciation" when someone does something "above and beyond", I see that concept is foreign to you.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>You know, if Trump just donated that money to the relief efforts out of the goodness of heart instead of trying to black mail the president of the united states, he could show us how government is not needed and private donations can do the job.
Fact is, five million is chump change in relation to the massive amounts of money the federal government is going to spend on this disaster. The power of the federal government is needed.
Mitt Romney said the states should handle this stuff on their own.
"Gesture" know what that is? For the sake of appearance. 5 mil. is a good place to start. How much have you sent? I dropped 5.00 in a Red Cross jar last night. Have you set up or suggested a "collections jar" where you work? Maybe you'll get a pat on the back from your employer.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

emlu wrote:
<quoted text>Nice try, you are such a Democrat. Everyone's a winner, gee, little boy, let me thank the President for helping the state of NJ. I'll "pat him on the back" next time I see him. I show "appreciation" when someone does something "above and beyond", I see that concept is foreign to you.
So if you are managing workers, you would never ever thank them for doing their job? You would only thank them for doing a job that was not theirs to do?
You would certainly fail as a manager. Doing your job well makes you a winner, whether you can find it in your heart to appreciate it or not.

Do you have any thoughts that are not cliche talking points?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

emlu wrote:
<quoted text>"Gesture" know what that is? For the sake of appearance. 5 mil. is a good place to start. How much have you sent? I dropped 5.00 in a Red Cross jar last night. Have you set up or suggested a "collections jar" where you work? Maybe you'll get a pat on the back from your employer.
Trump should give it as a gesture. But we know he will not, because he is just a cold heart republican who will bitch about paying taxes that go to help in the disaster. Trump wants Mitt to win so he will not have to pay anymore taxes. Money is all he cares about as with all republicans.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So if you are managing workers, you would never ever thank them for doing their job? You would only thank them for doing a job that was not theirs to do?
You would certainly fail as a manager. Doing your job well makes you a winner, whether you can find it in your heart to appreciate it or not.
Do you have any thoughts that are not cliche talking points?
Aren't we being cute, find it in my heart. It's been my experience say, in the retail world I had to bust my ass to complete my "required" tasks to receive a positive job review, to get the "pat on the back" I had to open 2 extra credit apps as well as the required 2 a week, keep my dept to corporate standards, sell above my "sales per hour" goal. Not to mention the customer service requirements. Don't tell me what it takes to get a pat on the back. I have the comment cards, letters of recommendations and achievement awards to prove it. I didn't get any of them by just "doing a good job". Send me a pair of your rose colored glasses will ya. I'm an achiever Mike. You see I like going above the mark. It makes me feel like I have accomplished something. I believe that is needed the job market today. Anyone can do the requirements. It's getting harder to find someone to go the extra mile. "Cliche" enough for you?

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Makin bacon wrote:
The silence is deafening.
May I retort? Your service, like mine, was absent conflict.Neither service deserves special merit or thanks.I disagree with Bacon on a VARIETY of political issues.Someones strongly.Leave the curses and namecalling out of your mouth when talking to a LADY.Sometimes I think you have a problem with women.I've used no curses in this particular post because i'm too mad.Ever occur to you that MAYBE you could be wrong about Anything? Talk about your psychopaths!

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

emlu wrote:
<quoted text>"Gesture" know what that is? For the sake of appearance. 5 mil. is a good place to start. How much have you sent? I dropped 5.00 in a Red Cross jar last night. Have you set up or suggested a "collections jar" where you work? Maybe you'll get a pat on the back from your employer.
Lu, I have this quote and it sums up Mike pretty well:

"One of the worst tools that dysfunctional individuals have in their kit is the art of belittling others. This is done in order to make the aggressor feel bigger, better..."

Mike always wants to know what a psychologist would think about this or that. Here's a quote that was pointed out to me by a psychologist after reading his posts and this was her position.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Trump should give it as a gesture. But we know he will not, because he is just a cold heart republican who will bitch about paying taxes that go to help in the disaster. Trump wants Mitt to win so he will not have to pay anymore taxes. Money is all he cares about as with all republicans.
Seeing as Trump has 21 charities he gives plenty of gestures.

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Not exactly a progressive tax rate if the rich pay a lesser rate of tax.

The word 'rate' has nothing to do with the total amount paid being more than some poor person as you claim. I would think an accountant would understand that concept.

Mitt is paying a lower rate, and he wants it to be even lower. He wants his rate to be zero. He wants the worker to pay all the taxes. He wants the owner to pay none.
Rate has nothing to do with the total amount paid in? Are you serious mike or are you joking? The "rate" is the incentive to all, including you. The more money you make the lesser of a rate you're taxed because you have more to tax. Whats not to understand? Seems pretty clear to me that all democrats are jealous of republicans because of how they manage their wealth and now want to take a communist approach by redistributing that wealth.

You do know you can pay more in than what you owe, right? Obama offered that solution to warren buffet once, but buffet declined.

Not that it is any of our business but how much did you gross and pay taxes last year? 1.82 million dollars?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Did I mention that Mitt wants the states to handle disasters and the federal government should stay hands off?
I wonder how that would have worked out on 9/11?
I wonder if Jersey would be able to handle this storm on its own?

It is cowardly to sit back and whine about the federal government. The federal government is the only source of the sort of power one can get to fix big problems.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Have I ever criticized your service? No, and I would never do such a despicable thing. But you and Bacon have criticized mine several times.

Did I claim to be an expert in government? Nope. You and your straw man arguments show you have no actual points that are valid. I do not need to have tons of experience in government to have an opinion. Neither you nor Bacon have shown me wrong in my assessment of the discussion. You just divert and whine about me carrying coffee. Far from the actual debate or any actual fact. It is offensive to me, and I feel offended for others in the military who may read such disrespectful ideas.

You call me a coward while sitting back in anonymity. How ironic.

You do not show respect for my service. You cannot erase your hateful words of my service, by simply claiming you respect my service. It does not work like that. I do not forgive you. I do not forgive Bacon. Neither of you have asked for it. You do not even think you have transgressed my service. You are clueless to your acts. You feel you can do not wrong. Typical Christian.
Just so you are clear mike, I did not offer an apology. I did not offer an apology. I say it twice so there is no mistaking what I said. As far as my arguments go, you claim they are straw man. Ok mike then so are yours. Yours are even more so because we all know democrats are notorious for trying to inject social issues where they don't belong. Don't believe me? Look at your prior postings about business ops and turning a profit.

If you can't criticism either constructive or destructive then that is your problem nancy boy. The coffee thing was poking fun at you just as you return the favor.

You are a man of many parts. Coward. Homo. Homo bar manager. Psychologist. And now Internet police officer on anonymity. When you pay my bill then you can have access to whatever you like. I seriously doubt you have the means to afford my obligations because like your boyfriend, TSF, and probably bacon, my American Express card is black, not platinum.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So Obama should cave to blackmail?
It is the human factor.
You don't get medals or pats on the back for doing your job. It is expected.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Pro-American wrote:
Obama "bailed out" GM only to have them move most of their work overseas becoming China Motors....and this after Obama handpicked the CEO Dan Akerson! In his own words in an interview with reporters in China, Akerson said;
"7 out of 10 GM products are made overseas"
"11 plants in China"
"these plants are the 11 keys to success"
And most importantly, "GM is working in, with, & FOR China"
Here's a link to the video....just for you Mike
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
GM's still a success story, especially with additional plants overseas...Obama should be praised for it....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

17 Users are viewing the Charlotte Forum right now

Search the Charlotte Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Why are Southerners rude in action, but pretend... (Jan '13) 4 hr I Hate Syracuse 227
Belmont poised to extend bike trails at Rocky B... Tue JLo 2
Dog food and meds Tue bulldog 2
Are Southerners Stupid or do they just sound th... (Oct '08) Tue Timmy_ 4,826
Pastor accused of abuse (Mar '12) Tue Concerned 8
Welcome To The End Of The World Tue WebPreach 1
Trolls posting "Southerner" threads Jul 21 north 1
•••
•••
•••
Charlotte Dating

more search filters

less search filters