Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#26114 Oct 30, 2012
TSF wrote:
No. I do not see the future holding substantial continued economic growth . I see sustainability as the objective during the reality of a coming static economy regardless of which candidate is elected president. I attribute the present slow growth and formerly crashing economy to uncertainty caused by an unsustainable congressional federal fiscal policy of borrow and spend. If we have the same congress, it will not make much difference who is president. I do not wish to pay higher taxes. I just see no reason for the existence of a royalty class who pay a smaller RATE than I pay. That is why I will vote against Romney.
<quoted text>
I agree with most of your post to an extent. The problem with Congress is that most, if not all, are career politicians, they've never ran a buisness. They've never had to run anything for profit because the taxes just keep on coming in. They've gotten so used to waste that they don't even see it surrounding them. They, both parties, continue to spend, spend, spend, because that's all they know. Atleast Romney has buisness experience, which Obama didn't. You may agree or disagree with his strategies, but he did what he had to do to turn a profit for the shareholders....which was his responsibility. As President, his shareholders are the American people. Again, Congress has been operating in the red for so long it's all they know, while Romney knows what it takes to operate in the black and to stay there. At Bain, Romney didn't reveal his intentions to a company until he evaluated the situation and devised a plan. If your truely a buisnessman, you would understand this process as every situation is different. He can give you an outline for the country but until he gets elected and sees the whole picture, how could he possibly provide in-depth details?

Location hidden

#26115 Oct 30, 2012
Pro-American wrote:
Obama "bailed out" GM only to have them move most of their work overseas becoming China Motors....and this after Obama handpicked the CEO Dan Akerson! In his own words in an interview with reporters in China, Akerson said;
"7 out of 10 GM products are made overseas"
"11 plants in China"
"these plants are the 11 keys to success"
And most importantly, "GM is working in, with, & FOR China"
Here's a link to the video....just for you Mike
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Lvl5Gan69WoXX&feature=you tube_gdata_player
Watch the video moron! Unless the Chinese provided a hologram of Akerson, that's him standing in front of the mic saying EXACTLY what I posted!

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#26116 Oct 30, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Look, when are you talking about someones military service, you better watch your f-cking mouth, or you will get called out on it. Plain and simple. Show some respect, no matter if you like the person or not. Show some respect for the service. I do not expect Bacon to kiss my butt or coddle me, but if you are talking about my military service, show respect or expect to get called out for disrespecting the troops.
Mike, I think the only blowing the military issue out of context is you. Even though I don't like you, I showed respect by thanking you for your service. You protected our freedoms, including your own. And the last time I check, our military is all voluntary.

Like you, I did my civic duty for 22 years. There are quite a few people walking around today because of actions taken by either myself or my company. And yeah, it was cool to make a difference, but so what? Not like that means anything anyways and those iddy biddy medals that were issued for heroism or bravery meant precisely dick when it came to doing our jobs. Just meant we were somewhere we either should of not been and too stupid to know it, or there really are guadian angels.

Clearly bacon has more experience in local government than you. Hell, even Arnold has more experience in local government than you. And 3 years active duty with 6 years in reserves hardly qualifies you expert on anything government related other than what your MOS was in the Army. I think, and most will agree, you are just an unhappy individual that thinks you know more than you really do. It is ok Mike, we are all not experts on everything. But you overcompensate for whatever reason by trying to come off as some intellectual giant and the only one that has the right answers for everything, meanwhile trying to pass off that there is grey areas. The only reason there are grey areas in life is because dumb fucks, such as yourself, live by a moral code of cowardice. You know, not fighting back to protect something that is yours from those who are trying to take it from you. I get it, you will not fight back. I will ease up on the coward comments if that will make you happy.

But I stand by my assertion you know precisely dick when it comes to running a business. And I do find it strangely provocative that your main man TSF has failed to back any of your assertations about your business prowness. Perhaps I misjudge TCBY yogurt as a businessmen. But then again, perhaps not.

Location hidden

#26117 Oct 30, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>You posted an article that was full of lies, and now you wish me to believe a youtube video?
You just believe anything that is claimed that makes Obama look bad.
Which article did I post that was allegedly full of lies?

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#26118 Oct 30, 2012
TSF wrote:
No. I do not see the future holding substantial continued economic growth . I see sustainability as the objective during the reality of a coming static economy regardless of which candidate is elected president. I attribute the present slow growth and formerly crashing economy to uncertainty caused by an unsustainable congressional federal fiscal policy of borrow and spend. If we have the same congress, it will not make much difference who is president. I do not wish to pay higher taxes. I just see no reason for the existence of a royalty class who pay a smaller RATE than I pay. That is why I will vote against Romney.
<quoted text>
Duely noted and I agree about congress and the president. I still fail to see why you are staunchly against the progressive tax rates. And I am really not trying to be a dick or funny. I might of over looked it but it is what it is.

I will say, under the progressive tax rate, even though higher income pay less of a rate, they still pay in more monetarily wise. One of Obama's ads claims Mitt only paid 14% of 13 million dollars in 2011. And that 14% is 1.82 million dollars of taxes paid in. More money payed in taxes than most netted and payed.

Location hidden

#26119 Oct 31, 2012
I just saw NJ Governor, Chris Christie, give Obama a raving evaluation of his leadership ability with his response and cutting through the red tape with immediate help for his state. The best endorsement since Bill Clinton.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#26120 Oct 31, 2012
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
I just saw NJ Governor, Chris Christie, give Obama a raving evaluation of his leadership ability with his response and cutting through the red tape with immediate help for his state. The best endorsement since Bill Clinton.
That was nice of him wasn't it AZ? Obama I mean, I can't imagine him doing anything else. Running from Libya as fast as he can, "never let a good crisis go to waste". Sorry, I don't think any state should have to go through red tape after an event like Sandy.

Location hidden

#26121 Oct 31, 2012
Ops.. Good morning AZ, where ya been? Someone asked yesterday. Waco....gotta hand to your state, no UN election monitors for your state. When that happens we really will need to dip our fingers in ink when we vote.
TSF

Kenly, NC

#26122 Oct 31, 2012
There are now over $16 trillion reasons (the national debt) that we have no choice but to increase tax collections. The interest on that debt is crushing our budget by consuming over 40% of tax collections each year for INTEREST ONLY payments. If that reaches 50%, we are done. Nothing more serious than another credit downgrade which results in higher interest rates could cause that to happen as soon as next year. Trial and error has already taught us that cutting taxes does not increase tax collections,(twice in the last 20 years). The longer we avoid addressing this problem, the more prolonged and painful our misery. It has actually come down to choosing between our short term creature comforts and our long term survival.
That 28 % of $250,000 is less than 14% of 13 million is not a newly discovered mathematical occurrence. In fact, since we need more tax collections, it shows why we need a flat tax on EVERYONE.
The tax rate on the rich is at its lowest in the last 50 years.
To remain solvent, we have no choice but to put the tax rates back where they were when we were solvent. We just can no longer afford welfare to the rich.
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Duely noted and I agree about congress and the president. I still fail to see why you are staunchly against the progressive tax rates. And I am really not trying to be a dick or funny. I might of over looked it but it is what it is.
I will say, under the progressive tax rate, even though higher income pay less of a rate, they still pay in more monetarily wise. One of Obama's ads claims Mitt only paid 14% of 13 million dollars in 2011. And that 14% is 1.82 million dollars of taxes paid in. More money payed in taxes than most netted and payed.
TSF

Kenly, NC

#26123 Oct 31, 2012
The stripes on the zebra change when suddenly NJ needs federal money from FEMA to recover from the devastation of Sandy. Romney has said he would eliminate FEMA. Today he has flip flopped again and said he would preserve FEMA. So if he were elected and flip flopped again and did eliminate FEMA, what would happen to NJ or New Orleans, or NY City, or Charleston, etc when the next frankenstorm hits?
So are those Northern anti government TP republikans
going to refuse the help of FEMA in cleaning up their cities? Not!
Its kind of like religion getting popular when death is near.
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#26124 Oct 31, 2012
emlu wrote:
<quoted text>A little touchy about your service in the Army aren't you? My father served in Korea and 2 tours in Nam, Mike I thank you for your service. How do you think guys felt when they were spit on and called "baby killers"? Remember that era of history? You resort to "you old hag"? Really Mike? You clearly love to provoke people. What do you expect? Name calling, way to go military man.
Apparently Bacon is one of those who spit upon those returning from military service.
Who provoked whom? I guess you don't get it, Bacon provoked me by spitting on my service.

I see in your book, it is OK to spit upon someones service to the country, but it is off limits to call that person an old hag.
Your standards are clearly flawed.

“physics is your friend”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#26125 Oct 31, 2012
Here's how it works in Texas.We (citizens) and the state of Texas take care of ourselves.After hurricane Ike hit us it was the CHURCHES that gave out food I didn't see a federal presence for THREE WEEKS!

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#26126 Oct 31, 2012
waco1909 wrote:
Mike you better be careful about how you talk to a lady like Bacon.Don't push it man.Why don't you act like a man instead of a female dog? You maladjusted bastard keep it up and see where you end up at fool.Bacon has friends everywhere.Even Winston-Salem.
Your treats do not scare me. I see you are also fine with someone spitting on the service of the troops, but draw a line at calling that person a hag.
The double standards here are mind boggling. Why do you hate the troops but love old bitchy hags who hate the troops? Oh, must be because you both hate the troops.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#26127 Oct 31, 2012
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Mike, I think the only blowing the military issue out of context is you. Even though I don't like you, I showed respect by thanking you for your service. You protected our freedoms, including your own. And the last time I check, our military is all voluntary.
Like you, I did my civic duty for 22 years. There are quite a few people walking around today because of actions taken by either myself or my company. And yeah, it was cool to make a difference, but so what? Not like that means anything anyways and those iddy biddy medals that were issued for heroism or bravery meant precisely dick when it came to doing our jobs. Just meant we were somewhere we either should of not been and too stupid to know it, or there really are guadian angels.
Clearly bacon has more experience in local government than you. Hell, even Arnold has more experience in local government than you. And 3 years active duty with 6 years in reserves hardly qualifies you expert on anything government related other than what your MOS was in the Army. I think, and most will agree, you are just an unhappy individual that thinks you know more than you really do. It is ok Mike, we are all not experts on everything. But you overcompensate for whatever reason by trying to come off as some intellectual giant and the only one that has the right answers for everything, meanwhile trying to pass off that there is grey areas. The only reason there are grey areas in life is because dumb fucks, such as yourself, live by a moral code of cowardice. You know, not fighting back to protect something that is yours from those who are trying to take it from you. I get it, you will not fight back. I will ease up on the coward comments if that will make you happy.
But I stand by my assertion you know precisely dick when it comes to running a business. And I do find it strangely provocative that your main man TSF has failed to back any of your assertations about your business prowness. Perhaps I misjudge TCBY yogurt as a businessmen. But then again, perhaps not.
Have I ever criticized your service? No, and I would never do such a despicable thing. But you and Bacon have criticized mine several times.

Did I claim to be an expert in government? Nope. You and your straw man arguments show you have no actual points that are valid. I do not need to have tons of experience in government to have an opinion. Neither you nor Bacon have shown me wrong in my assessment of the discussion. You just divert and whine about me carrying coffee. Far from the actual debate or any actual fact. It is offensive to me, and I feel offended for others in the military who may read such disrespectful ideas.

You call me a coward while sitting back in anonymity. How ironic.

You do not show respect for my service. You cannot erase your hateful words of my service, by simply claiming you respect my service. It does not work like that. I do not forgive you. I do not forgive Bacon. Neither of you have asked for it. You do not even think you have transgressed my service. You are clueless to your acts. You feel you can do not wrong. Typical Christian.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#26129 Oct 31, 2012
emlu wrote:
<quoted text>That was nice of him wasn't it AZ? Obama I mean, I can't imagine him doing anything else. Running from Libya as fast as he can, "never let a good crisis go to waste". Sorry, I don't think any state should have to go through red tape after an event like Sandy.
Typical republican. You cannot give Obama credit when credit is due. Ungrateful.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#26130 Oct 31, 2012
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>I agree with most of your post to an extent. The problem with Congress is that most, if not all, are career politicians, they've never ran a buisness. They've never had to run anything for profit because the taxes just keep on coming in. They've gotten so used to waste that they don't even see it surrounding them. They, both parties, continue to spend, spend, spend, because that's all they know. Atleast Romney has buisness experience, which Obama didn't. You may agree or disagree with his strategies, but he did what he had to do to turn a profit for the shareholders....which was his responsibility. As President, his shareholders are the American people. Again, Congress has been operating in the red for so long it's all they know, while Romney knows what it takes to operate in the black and to stay there. At Bain, Romney didn't reveal his intentions to a company until he evaluated the situation and devised a plan. If your truely a buisnessman, you would understand this process as every situation is different. He can give you an outline for the country but until he gets elected and sees the whole picture, how could he possibly provide in-depth details?
No one is asking for every tiny detail, but to not offer a single loophole cut, is hiding to much.
He wishes to pay for the tax cuts and massive military spending with cuts to loopholes and spending, but will not tell anyone where he wants to cut.
Sorry, but we know the game. He is hiding it because he knows as soon as he points to a cut, those people who benefit from the program will not vote for him.
So if he pointed to all the cuts he wants, tens of millions would lose benefits and thus not vote for him. He would lose the election in epic proportions. Texas could go blue.

Location hidden

#26131 Oct 31, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Apparently Bacon is one of those who spit upon those returning from military service.
Who provoked whom? I guess you don't get it, Bacon provoked me by spitting on my service.
I see in your book, it is OK to spit upon someones service to the country, but it is off limits to call that person an old hag.
Your standards are clearly flawed.
Sorry Mike I don't see where she SPIT on your service. Even if she did, your grade school "old hag" name calling was unbecoming a man of military service. You know Mike I know a little about the service 5 uncles, father, 2 brothers not to mention friends. You flaunt your service and yet insult it at the same time. Of course this is just my opinion on an open forum. PS Work on your own standards.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#26132 Oct 31, 2012
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Not exactly a progressive tax rate if the rich pay a lesser rate of tax.

The word 'rate' has nothing to do with the total amount paid being more than some poor person as you claim. I would think an accountant would understand that concept.

Mitt is paying a lower rate, and he wants it to be even lower. He wants his rate to be zero. He wants the worker to pay all the taxes. He wants the owner to pay none.

Location hidden

#26133 Oct 31, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Typical republican. You cannot give Obama credit when credit is due. Ungrateful.
What credit, he did nothing above his job. Look out for the best interests of the state of NJ. Now, if he had published his transcripts, taken Trumps 5 million and donated to relief efforts, he would have got an " that'a boy". IT"S HIS JOB to help every state hit by that storm. Typical Democrat thinking.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#26134 Oct 31, 2012
emlu wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry Mike I don't see where she SPIT on your service. Even if she did, your grade school "old hag" name calling was unbecoming a man of military service. You know Mike I know a little about the service 5 uncles, father, 2 brothers not to mention friends. You flaunt your service and yet insult it at the same time. Of course this is just my opinion on an open forum. PS Work on your own standards.
Read the posts that I was responding to.
Knowing someone in the military does not give you the understanding of what one feels when his service is spit upon.

Bacon says she also has a relative in the military, and thus claims that is proof of her support of the military. I do not know how that adds up.

I see everyone ganging up on me for calling Bacon a name, but no one calling her out for disrespecting my service.
No wonder the military feels the public is not on their side.
You can fly a flag and shout how you support the military all day every day, but if you are spitting on them as you do it, it is all meaningless. Bacon is doing just that. Silver is doing just that.
Everyone who defends them doing so is also spitting on the troops.

I know you republicans have a hard time understanding such simple concepts, but you really need to think about this instead of knee jerking to defend your teammates.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlotte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cogratulations On Your Sex Offenders 10 hr Whitey 2
Are All Black Women Fat Ugly and Uneducated 10 hr Whitey 3
Erica Arcilesi is dishonest, a liar and deadbeat! Sat Jaz1965 1
Black churchgoers break with leading Democrats ... (Apr '12) Sat Brian_G 1,907
Buh Bye All You IBM Employees (Oct '10) Sat Resource Action 253
Biogel Injections (Feb '10) Sat ButtInj_T 140
Where Did the Devil Come From? (May '08) Fri ste 403
Charlotte Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web