Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...

“ We are not permanent”

Since: Oct 08

Gaston County

#25945 Oct 30, 2012
Pro-American wrote:
The newly released pictures of President Obama in the situation room looking all presidential while deploying help to those in need during the aftermath of Sandy are so cute. Why wasn't he in. the situation room deploying help to those who were being attacked in Benghazi? Oh, that's right. He had to get some rest so he could go to Vegas the following day to play grab ass with Beyonce!
Obama and his administration are a joke!
Well that's easy Pro, because there is no turmoil in Benghazi and the Taliban is on the run. Have you not seen the reports all over the media stating these facts?

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#25946 Oct 30, 2012
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Well there is your first mistake. If you are an owner of a business, it has to remain that. Business. Trying to introduce the human element into business decisions is a mistake because it detracts from the primary goal. Profit.
"And again, I would love to see a statistic that shows your claim of workers refusing to work more hours."
You answered this question yourself with your above posting.
"Working someone more than that does not increase profits. Overtime cost the business more, not less."
The cost of goods sold includes labor costs. If a company increases production, it will incur other costs such as overtime for its current workers, as well as a cost to hire and train additional workers. The cost of each additional worker is higher than the cost of the company's current workers. Additional workers may get in the way of the current workers, reducing productivity. In laymon's terms, your staff has to be efficient and an increase of staff detracts from profits and revenue. Overtime is factored in but you can do more with less, given your employees are efficient and effective. If they are not, fire fire fire.
"quoted text>2080? What is that number from or for? Last I checked, a forty hour work week was the norm. Working someone more than that does not increase profits. Overtime cost the business more, not less.
And if you do find a way to explain working more hours increases profit, why is that good for America? Profit for a company if earned on decreasing money for workers does not equate to an increase of the economy. Workers spending money can increase the economy.
And again, I would love to see a statistic that shows your claim of workers refusing to work more hours.
I would like to see more money spent on education and sciences."
I am aware, business does not concern itself with human needs or wants or safety. That is why we have government rules. Because we cannot allow business to hurt people. You see, the governments job is to protect people.
Working them to much can lead to dangerous problems.

Sadly, our foreign counterparts do not have a constitution like ours. The government there is not required to keep its people safe.

So what is a possible solution? Give tax breaks to those who do not send jobs overseas, and have tax penalties for those who ship them overseas.
But Mitt does not want to do this. He just wants all to have tax cuts, no matter if they ship jobs overseas or not.
The overtime pay is not going to change. Do the math.
WACO 1909

United States

#25947 Oct 30, 2012
The Enemy Within wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that's easy Pro, because there is no turmoil in Benghazi and the Taliban is on the run. Have you not seen the reports all over the media stating these facts?
You finally see the light.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#25948 Oct 30, 2012
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
True, the employee isn't forced, but his employer is. Unwise choice. The employer signs the paychecks. The employer hires and fires.
You ignored what I said, as always and you made no points.

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Was that the result in Massachusetts? Nope.
Many businesses already give health insurance. It pretty much comes out of the wages of the worker anyway. It makes for good business. That is why they do it without being forced.
Taxpayer

Gatesville, NC

#25949 Oct 30, 2012
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>CAN YOU PROVE THOSE ENDORSEMENTS OR JUST LIE....I'll wait here...
http://www.conservativeusa.org/10planksofcomm...

Every bit of this is happening. You can stick your head in the sand and pretend it is not but future generations will pay.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#25950 Oct 30, 2012
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh come on man. What couldn't be more diverse than an American company creating jobs at a plant in Mexico or China or India to keep employee wages down and avoid the taxes back to America. That is just business. And in business you turn a profit for the stockholders and investors, not the employees.
Why am I telling you this, you already know it is about profit and revenue. Because your employees get what you get in the form of benefits. Just not the pay, right?
Thank you for making it so clear that companies do not give one shit about employees. So who is left to care for the American worker? You want no one to care about the American worker. That is because you are a heartless bastard. Typical republican.

Compassionate conservative=oxymoron.

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#25951 Oct 30, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>You ignored what I said, as always and you made no points.
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Was that the result in Massachusetts? Nope.
Many businesses already give health insurance. It pretty much comes out of the wages of the worker anyway. It makes for good business. That is why they do it without being forced.
Cop out answer Mike. I did ignore your arguement because it has no validity to it.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#25952 Oct 30, 2012
The Enemy Within wrote:
<quoted text>
As if that is what the Democrats or Obama is saying about Benghazi.
Who are you debating? Is it some character that fox news created?

Location hidden

#25953 Oct 30, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you for making it so clear that companies do not give one shit about employees. So who is left to care for the American worker? You want no one to care about the American worker. That is because you are a heartless bastard. Typical republican.
Ha ha ha, I will take that as a compliment Mike. I anticipated you would try to introduce some human element into making business decisons. Ask your girlfriend TSF, may be he can explain why your perspective is wrong. That is, of course, unless he does not turn a profit in his business.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#25954 Oct 30, 2012
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>I couldn't agree more. I didn't start a buisness to make friends, provide others with jobs, to put food on others tables, etc....it was to make money! The rest are byproducts.
Of course. That is what greed is all about. Not caring for others.
We are quite aware this is what many businesses are only concerned about. That is why we want the government to help the American worker not get crushed by the tyrannical businessman.

Many smart businessmen find that keeping the employee happy with fair wages, good work conditions and health care can actually increase profits. Some are not so smart, so the government is forced to make them care. Why? Because a good government protects its citizens.A bad government only cares about companies.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#25955 Oct 30, 2012
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Cop out answer Mike. I did ignore your arguement because it has no validity to it.
You asked no question nor made any points, so what did I cop out too?
Taxpayer

Gatesville, NC

#25956 Oct 30, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I am aware, business does not concern itself with human needs or wants or safety. That is why we have government rules. Because we cannot allow business to hurt people. You see, the governments job is to protect people.
Working them to much can lead to dangerous problems.
Sadly, our foreign counterparts do not have a constitution like ours. The government there is not required to keep its people safe.
So what is a possible solution? Give tax breaks to those who do not send jobs overseas, and have tax penalties for those who ship them overseas.
But Mitt does not want to do this. He just wants all to have tax cuts, no matter if they ship jobs overseas or not.
The overtime pay is not going to change. Do the math.
Its people in the government who hate America making rule that have cost us thousands of jobs and run companies out of America. You need to do the math.

Location hidden

#25957 Oct 30, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you for making it so clear that companies do not give one shit about employees. So who is left to care for the American worker? You want no one to care about the American worker. That is because you are a heartless bastard. Typical republican.
http://washingtonexaminer.com/jeep-an-obama-f...

Guess outsourcing isn't so bad. democrat bail out corp looking into sending jobs overseas...

to china...

Must be more of that diversity...

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#25958 Oct 30, 2012
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
How is the weather in Edmonton Canada?
Are you stalking him now? You are breaking rules of topix by releasing personal information. I see you have no rebuttals, so you resort to breaking the rules. Typical republican. Slander is for chickens. Grow some balls.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#25959 Oct 30, 2012
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
have no fear. Mike and TSF or AZ will imply, infer and or geniuinely believe that there is a human side to business. And there is when dealing with customers. But that is as far as it goes. TSF will tell you I am correct if he truly is in business for himself and wants to turn a profit.
Just because you take the human element out of making decisions that potentially affect revenue or profits is not the same as being chordial when getting coffee for the team in the morning.
Any businessman with a brain should know, ignoring the human element will certainly backfire. That is why you bring coffee and share. Sharing shows good will. Thus the worker will likely produce more for your business. That is the clearly a human element, Mr. Black and white.

The grey is right under your nose and you are to blind to see it.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#25960 Oct 30, 2012
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text> The biggest misconception my few employees have is that "it's their job", which is usually the case with most people. I occasionally have to remind them, I sign the front of the check, they sign the back!
So you remind them that it is all about you, and not them? I am sure they steal from you whenever they can and slack of because you are such an ass. That is bad business.

Many businesses now make a point to make the employee part of the business with profit sharing and the like. I see you do it the old way. Conservatives. Can't teach an old dog new tricks.
Hopefully your kind will die out soon. I am sure Karma will catch up to you.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#25961 Oct 30, 2012
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha ha ha, I will take that as a compliment Mike. I anticipated you would try to introduce some human element into making business decisons. Ask your girlfriend TSF, may be he can explain why your perspective is wrong. That is, of course, unless he does not turn a profit in his business.
What does my girlfriend have to do with business? Oh, must be you running from the point again. I get it, chicken shit.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#25962 Oct 30, 2012
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
http://washingtonexaminer.com/jeep-an-obama-f...
Guess outsourcing isn't so bad. democrat bail out corp looking into sending jobs overseas...
to china...
Must be more of that diversity...
They should be penalized for doing so. You are blaming Obama for what private industry is doing? Damn, do you blame Obama when your coffee is cold?

Obama is working to get congress to make laws to prevent this, but the republican congress seems to want business to do what it wants, no matter if it is good for America or not.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#25963 Oct 30, 2012
Taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
Its people in the government who hate America making rule that have cost us thousands of jobs and run companies out of America. You need to do the math.
By this logic, you could be advocating the government do nothing and allow companies to be just like those in foreign countries. Thus the worker would not make enough to have a decent home and eat like normal humans.
Not a recipe for a strong middle class, that is for sure.

The greatest goal should not be to have the most industry. Learn to walk and chew gum simultaneously.

I think Mitt actually had a good point in the debate, when he said we need to focus on high tech jobs and let some of the menial stuff be done elsewhere.
WACO 1909

United States

#25964 Oct 30, 2012
Silvercoast and Ebenezer Scrooge.What a one-two punch.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlotte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thinking about moving to Charlotte I have ??? 2 hr Anglish101 18
What's wrong with Christian in Charlotte? 2 hr Anglish101 2
Panther Tickets Sun Moose Knuckle 1
Review: Keith Brodsky (May '13) Sun John Briggs 4
Nature Boy Aug 19 poster 8
38 yr old Missing Man Aug 19 poster 1
What the hell is wrong with blacks in charlotte? Aug 18 Teresa 14

Charlotte Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance