Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#25872 Oct 29, 2012
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> I think this outsourcing of Sensata Technologies, smacks of greed...Over $500,000 in one quarters profit this year, yet still scheduled for China...Imagine a 180 employee plant, clearing over $2 million annually, but it's not enough? Those are some hungry stockholders....
How many stockholders are there of Sensata Technologies stock? Again, who are you to determine how much is to much for these stockholders? If you were a stockholder and this stock was part of your 401 portfolio, wouldn't you want as much profit as possible? Like Mitt pointed out to Obama in one of the debates, we all have stock in a company in China whether you know it or not.

Location hidden

#25873 Oct 29, 2012
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
My bad Mike, I actually thought you had read the origin of why I posted the site. I'm sorry for assuming you had read why I had posted the site, but as usual you didn't and it's my fault. Does this blame game thing work well for you in the real world?
Bacon, now you know Mike requires us to provide a link in order to prove our facts. Then you must tell him what the link says. Then you must tell him what to look for in the link and how it relates to your point. Then, and only then, is when he MIGHT read your post and link. If you don't follow these three easy steps then your post is invalid!

Location hidden

#25874 Oct 29, 2012
Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
Emlu, could'nt help but think of you as I pulled out Grandma's old oil lamp:) I am just south of Asheville, winds have been 60-65 mph. Went to the grocery store, the wind had picked up the buggy corrals and tossed them like tumble weeds. About 1500 here without power. Hope all of you are safe from harms way. My prayers go out to all in this storms path. This one is likely to make history!
I had to run up to Hendersonville this morning on buisness. I will agree, the wind on Saluda and the Green River Gorge was no joke! All I could do to keep the ole F-350 dually on the road!

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#25875 Oct 29, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Did that happen in Massachusetts? Nope, so why do you think it will happen now?
If you wish to see the results of Obama care, just look at the results of Romney care in Massachusetts.
Clearly you do not know how to look at history and learn from it. Common for republicans.
Make sure you are clear Mike. The house and senate of Mass was all democrat with Romney being the only repub. Romney veto'd quite a bit from the left with them only to override his veto.

That is how well it is working in Doucheachusetts.

Location hidden

#25876 Oct 29, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>There is no nation state that will surrender in the war on terror.
But in the case of Iraq, it is not so much about terrorism, but insurgents. Not exactly the same.
The failed strategy of attack Bush had in Iraq, created an insurgency right off the bat and thus it flourished to numbers that could not be eradicated.
Bush was told by some high level advisers to send more troops at first. He ignored the advisers. As you would say, Bush was in charge.
And as with any dynamic situation, strategy and tactics change to meet the needs. You do know we won the Iraq war, right?

Location hidden

#25877 Oct 29, 2012
Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
Whether or not I beleive that abortion is murder is irrelevant. I did see part of the interview with Mourdock when he was ask about the rape of a 13 year old girl. It is very evident to me where he stands. We all know that rape is an act of violence. Rape is not God's will, we were given freewill. Barrbaric as it may sound but, hanging is to good for a bastard like that. How the hell could we possilbly ask that a 13 year old child become a mother after being violated in such a way?
What could we expect a young female's outlook to be on marriage, sex and family after such a traumatic experience?
Pro I seek feedback from you most of all because you have stated that you have three daughters!
I agree with Bacon, there would be one less scumbag allowed to breath on the taxpayer's dime! As far as my opinion on abortion, that's another topic completely.

Location hidden

#25878 Oct 29, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>OK I guess if you do not allow employees any vacation or holiday time ever, that would add up. I see you failed to dispute any of my points.
Well there is your first mistake. If you are an owner of a business, it has to remain that. Business. Trying to introduce the human element into business decisions is a mistake because it detracts from the primary goal. Profit.

"And again, I would love to see a statistic that shows your claim of workers refusing to work more hours."

You answered this question yourself with your above posting.

"Working someone more than that does not increase profits. Overtime cost the business more, not less."

The cost of goods sold includes labor costs. If a company increases production, it will incur other costs such as overtime for its current workers, as well as a cost to hire and train additional workers. The cost of each additional worker is higher than the cost of the company's current workers. Additional workers may get in the way of the current workers, reducing productivity. In laymon's terms, your staff has to be efficient and an increase of staff detracts from profits and revenue. Overtime is factored in but you can do more with less, given your employees are efficient and effective. If they are not, fire fire fire.

"quoted text>2080? What is that number from or for? Last I checked, a forty hour work week was the norm. Working someone more than that does not increase profits. Overtime cost the business more, not less.
And if you do find a way to explain working more hours increases profit, why is that good for America? Profit for a company if earned on decreasing money for workers does not equate to an increase of the economy. Workers spending money can increase the economy.
And again, I would love to see a statistic that shows your claim of workers refusing to work more hours.
I would like to see more money spent on education and sciences."
Robert B

Charlotte, NC

#25879 Oct 29, 2012
Who ever brings work back to the us.
And its not Romney he is just another
Friend of NAFTA.Tsf like the rape nut idea
You would have to the hole republican
Party on the box.

Location hidden

#25880 Oct 29, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Was that the result in Massachusetts? Nope.
Many businesses already give health insurance. It pretty much comes out of the wages of the worker anyway. It makes for good business. That is why they do it without being forced.
True, the employee isn't forced, but his employer is. Unwise choice. The employer signs the paychecks. The employer hires and fires.

Location hidden

#25881 Oct 29, 2012
TSF wrote:
Just out of curiosity, what is the connection in your mind between diversity and outsourcing jobs?
<quoted text>
Oh come on man. What couldn't be more diverse than an American company creating jobs at a plant in Mexico or China or India to keep employee wages down and avoid the taxes back to America. That is just business. And in business you turn a profit for the stockholders and investors, not the employees.

Why am I telling you this, you already know it is about profit and revenue. Because your employees get what you get in the form of benefits. Just not the pay, right?

Location hidden

#25882 Oct 29, 2012
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text> How many stockholders are there of Sensata Technologies stock? Again, who are you to determine how much is to much for these stockholders? If you were a stockholder and this stock was part of your 401 portfolio, wouldn't you want as much profit as possible? Like Mitt pointed out to Obama in one of the debates, we all have stock in a company in China whether you know it or not.
Obama and Biden all have private investments or problematic issues that the media dare not bring up because of leftist bias.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/ready-hes-not...

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/opedcolu...

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#25883 Oct 29, 2012
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama and Biden all have private investments or problematic issues that the media dare not bring up because of leftist bias.
Iran or the Comunists have it right TOOL...

Location hidden

#25884 Oct 29, 2012
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Well there is your first mistake. If you are an owner of a business, it has to remain that. Business. Trying to introduce the human element into business decisions is a mistake because it detracts from the primary goal. Profit.

The cost of goods sold includes labor costs. If a company increases production, it will incur other costs such as overtime for its current workers, as well as a cost to hire and train additional workers. The cost of each additional worker is higher than the cost of the company's current workers. Additional workers may get in the way of the current workers, reducing productivity. In laymon's terms, your staff has to be efficient and an increase of staff detracts from profits and revenue. Overtime is factored in but you can do more with less, given your employees are efficient and effective. If they are not, fire fire fire.
I couldn't agree more. I didn't start a buisness to make friends, provide others with jobs, to put food on others tables, etc....it was to make money! The rest are byproducts.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#25885 Oct 29, 2012
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a fked TOOL......OBAMA wins.......Dumb ass

Location hidden

#25886 Oct 29, 2012
TJ Monk wrote:
<quoted text>
Iran or the Comunists have it right TOOL...
How is the weather in Edmonton Canada?

Location hidden

#25887 Oct 29, 2012
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh come on man. What couldn't be more diverse than an American company creating jobs at a plant in Mexico or China or India to keep employee wages down and avoid the taxes back to America. That is just business. And in business you turn a profit for the stockholders and investors, not the employees.
Why am I telling you this, you already know it is about profit and revenue. Because your employees get what you get in the form of benefits. Just not the pay, right?
The biggest misconception my few employees have is that "it's their job", which is usually the case with most people. I occasionally have to remind them, I sign the front of the check, they sign the back!

Location hidden

#25888 Oct 29, 2012
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>I couldn't agree more. I didn't start a buisness to make friends, provide others with jobs, to put food on others tables, etc....it was to make money! The rest are byproducts.
have no fear. Mike and TSF or AZ will imply, infer and or geniuinely believe that there is a human side to business. And there is when dealing with customers. But that is as far as it goes. TSF will tell you I am correct if he truly is in business for himself and wants to turn a profit.

Just because you take the human element out of making decisions that potentially affect revenue or profits is not the same as being chordial when getting coffee for the team in the morning.

Location hidden

#25889 Oct 29, 2012
TJ Monk wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a fked TOOL......OBAMA wins.......Dumb ass
We will see what we see on November 7th, canadian.
Texas Tornado

Houston, TX

#25890 Oct 29, 2012
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
We will see what we see on November 7th, canadian.
Tell the Bitch Silvercoast! We don't need no stinkin'frost butts!
Texas Tornado

Houston, TX

#25891 Oct 29, 2012
Canadians are like butt cracks.They're best kept out of sight.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlotte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
can someone explain this to me? 27 min Retired 3
Where Did the Devil Come From? (May '08) 8 hr Gary Coaldigger 414
Loomis Fargo Heist smarty pants...where are the... 15 hr Sparky 1
Legit massage for wife? Thu Charlottedaddy 4
Black churchgoers break with leading Democrats ... (Apr '12) Dec 23 Brian_G 1,909
Cogratulations On Your Sex Offenders Dec 21 Whitey 2
Are All Black Women Fat Ugly and Uneducated Dec 21 Whitey 3
Charlotte Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Charlotte People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Charlotte News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Charlotte

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News