Comments
25,041 - 25,060 of 55,741 Comments Last updated 4 hrs ago

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25847
Oct 29, 2012
 
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Again clueless one, how do you know if I don't answer your questions? You fail to follow basic steps of going to the origin of a post and then you only get half the story, you ask halfass questions because you don't know what you're talking about and then blame me or anyone that doesn't answer your questrion. You didn't have a fat clue what I was talking about with these posts. Most people don't randomly pick a post and just jump in, sometimes they follow the origin, which I see is a foreign concept to you. As far as wasting your time, why did you waste mine? If you want to know what you're suppose to take from a site someone posts, use your own advice "I'm not doing your research" and go back and research the posts and see what you may have missed and you won't look like a jackass.
Bacon, you do this same old thing, no matter if it were I in the discussion or not. You consistently post sites and give no reason for posting them.

I simply asked you to explain, yet you refused for several posts.
TSF

Dunn, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25848
Oct 29, 2012
 
You demonstrate your ignorance in your belief that presidents can aurhorize spending or borrowing. Congress is responsible for all expenditures through departmental budgets. It is true that the National debt increased over 100% during the presidency of Dubya Bush, but it wasn't Bush that did that. It was congress. It is true that the national debt has increased 50% during the presidency of Obama, but Obama didnt do that either . It was congress. Congress passes the laws, authorizes spending and borrowing and has to authorize raising the debt limit.
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text> The point is what Obama was preaching against as a Senator in '06 is exactly what he did when elected President. I guess he was against before he was for it.
Allen

Penrose, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25850
Oct 29, 2012
 
Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO, "Hey Mikie, do you like it?"
Whether or not I beleive that abortion is murder is irrelevant. I did see part of the interview with Mourdock when he was ask about the rape of a 13 year old girl. It is very evident to me where he stands. We all know that rape is an act of violence. Rape is not God's will, we were given freewill. Barrbaric as it may sound but, hanging is to good for a bastard like that. How the hell could we possilbly ask that a 13 year old child become a mother after being violated in such a way?
What could we expect a young female's outlook to be on marriage, sex and family after such a traumatic experience?
Pro I seek feedback from you most of all because you have stated that you have three daughters!



Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25851
Oct 29, 2012
 
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Bacon, you do this same old thing, no matter if it were I in the discussion or not. You consistently post sites and give no reason for posting them.
I simply asked you to explain, yet you refused for several posts.
My bad Mike, I actually thought you had read the origin of why I posted the site. I'm sorry for assuming you had read why I had posted the site, but as usual you didn't and it's my fault. Does this blame game thing work well for you in the real world?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25852
Oct 29, 2012
 
TSF wrote:
You demonstrate your ignorance in your belief that presidents can aurhorize spending or borrowing. Congress is responsible for all expenditures through departmental budgets. It is true that the National debt increased over 100% during the presidency of Dubya Bush, but it wasn't Bush that did that. It was congress. It is true that the national debt has increased 50% during the presidency of Obama, but Obama didnt do that either . It was congress. Congress passes the laws, authorizes spending and borrowing and has to authorize raising the debt limit.
<quoted text>
So TSF, Obama had a democratic congress for the first two years of his presidency and the National Debt increased 50% in a 4 year period and under GW over eight years it increased 100%? You're the numbers guys, so let me ask, could not a democratic congress under a democratic president do any better? You can't blame the repubs, they didn't have control of Congress for the first two years, what went wrong with the dems in congress the first two years? It looks like Obama's record with congress is no better than GW's. You can explain to me, IF Obama is re-elected and congress (dem or repub--both failed) do no better, what makes GW and Obama any different? It appears to me, neither were and are good team players.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25853
Oct 29, 2012
 
Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
Whether or not I beleive that abortion is murder is irrelevant. I did see part of the interview with Mourdock when he was ask about the rape of a 13 year old girl. It is very evident to me where he stands. We all know that rape is an act of violence. Rape is not God's will, we were given freewill. Barrbaric as it may sound but, hanging is to good for a bastard like that. How the hell could we possilbly ask that a 13 year old child become a mother after being violated in such a way?
What could we expect a young female's outlook to be on marriage, sex and family after such a traumatic experience?
Pro I seek feedback from you most of all because you have stated that you have three daughters!
Allen, I'm butting in. I, have a daughter and I couldn't imagine her being raped at any age. Tere would be no need for a trial for the man that did it, I'd save the taxpayers money and take care of the problem myself. I don't believe a child that's a victim of rape, or incest (which is the difference?) or a woman that's an adult being the victim of rape should be able to have an abortion. We need to educate our daughters, and women in general that rape should be reported immediately and they give 7 pills from a birth control dose pack that will cause a period and take care of an unwanted pregnancy. Pray to God, the man was not HIV positive, that's insult to injury. I think the men that made the statement were idiots and that's as kind as I can be; however, making a joke about their insensitivity to rape victims is also idiotic. In my job before, I attended support groups for rape victims and the cereal box joke would not have been funny. Rape isn't funny and I think making a jokes even to point out someone's stupidity only inflicts more emotional pain to rape victims.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25854
Oct 29, 2012
 
oops Allen, I do believe a child that's a victim of rape... should be able to have an abortion

“ We are not permanent”

Since: Oct 08

Gaston County

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25855
Oct 29, 2012
 
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So even if the economy is bad, you see no need for spending to help keep it from collapsing? If the debt was paid down to a surplus in the good times, one could spend in the bad without debt. At least in theory.
But republicans like Bush said it is your money, so you should not have the government help save for a rainy day.
"Keeping from collapsing" did not resolve the debt issue. We are deeper in debt.

There has not been a surplus. Clinton left no surplus.

Correct. The government should not save "our" money for us. We should be responsible enough to save for ourselves. If one does not plan for the "rainy day" then one can get wet.

“ We are not permanent”

Since: Oct 08

Gaston County

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25856
Oct 29, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>My points are non committal because circumstances differ and there is no one solution for each problem.
Your views are very black and white as is most republicans are. What I keep trying to point out is, you need to look at the situation of the day to discern the approach.

Tax cuts for the rich is not going to lower the debt. Loopholes will not likely be cut much. Spending two trillion extra for the military is not going to reduce the debt.
Your points are non committal because you straddle the fence at times and lean to the side that best suites your argument.

You are correct. I see things in black and white and move on. When you drill down to the core of any issue the underlying problem typically can be resolved with a black and white answer.

You said "Taxing the rich is not going to lower the debt".

I agree. Government doesn't have a revenue problem, they have a spending problem

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25857
Oct 29, 2012
 
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text> Define greed. Who are you to determine when someone else has to much? How could you possibly know someone else's needs?
I think this outsourcing of Sensata Technologies, smacks of greed...Over $500,000 in one quarters profit this year, yet still scheduled for China...Imagine a 180 employee plant, clearing over $2 million annually, but it's not enough? Those are some hungry stockholders....
Taxpayer

Point Harbor, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25858
Oct 29, 2012
 
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>The tax rates have been lowered steadily for decades. It was much higher in the forties, fifties, sixties and seventies.
So America is clearing going in a direction that is less of what a up and coming communist country would be.
That's a lie.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25859
Oct 29, 2012
 
Thoughts and prayers for all of those in the path of Hurricane Sandy that is ready to hit landfall. May God give them strength and safety.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25860
Oct 29, 2012
 
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
Thoughts and prayers for all of those in the path of Hurricane Sandy that is ready to hit landfall. May God give them strength and safety.
Amen brother.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25861
Oct 29, 2012
 
The Enemy Within wrote:
<quoted text>
Your points are non committal because you straddle the fence at times and lean to the side that best suites your argument.
You are correct. I see things in black and white and move on. When you drill down to the core of any issue the underlying problem typically can be resolved with a black and white answer.
You said "Taxing the rich is not going to lower the debt".
I agree. Government doesn't have a revenue problem, they have a spending problem
TOOL, lets continue to send jobs overseas and buy the products back on credit. America is a nation of unemployed shoppers. China owns us.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25862
Oct 29, 2012
 
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen brother.
Yes, they are being hit hard right now.
Allen

Penrose, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25863
Oct 29, 2012
 
Makin bacon wrote:
oops Allen, I do believe a child that's a victim of rape... should be able to have an abortion
Thank you bacon and I do owe apology for my previous post. It was truly in bad taste. Sometimes I have to laugh just to keep from crying. Our kids used to be able to skip down the street, now they can't skip for having to look over their shoulders. Sad.
Allen

Penrose, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25864
Oct 29, 2012
 
emlu wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, they are being hit hard right now.
Emlu, could'nt help but think of you as I pulled out Grandma's old oil lamp:) I am just south of Asheville, winds have been 60-65 mph. Went to the grocery store, the wind had picked up the buggy corrals and tossed them like tumble weeds. About 1500 here without power. Hope all of you are safe from harms way. My prayers go out to all in this storms path. This one is likely to make history!

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25865
Oct 29, 2012
 
Taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a lie.
Yeah....like all your crap is true.
Allen

Penrose, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25866
Oct 29, 2012
 
Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you bacon and I do owe apology for my previous post. It was truly in bad taste. Sometimes I have to laugh just to keep from crying. Our kids used to be able to skip down the street, now they can't skip for having to look over their shoulders. Sad.


"Bacon":)

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25867
Oct 29, 2012
 
Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
Emlu, could'nt help but think of you as I pulled out Grandma's old oil lamp:) I am just south of Asheville, winds have been 60-65 mph. Went to the grocery store, the wind had picked up the buggy corrals and tossed them like tumble weeds. About 1500 here without power. Hope all of you are safe from harms way. My prayers go out to all in this storms path. This one is likely to make history!
Allen and Emlu, you guys stay safe. Looks like the ski resorts are getting an early and hopefully prosperous early snow. Keep us updated on the conditions for you guys.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Charlotte Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Charlotte Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Charlotte People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Charlotte News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Charlotte
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••