“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#25830 Oct 29, 2012
Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
Thirty million just went to restore the statue of liberty! Yea and just what about those 400 bridges? They almost own us, yes and without firing a shot!
The bridges are now being fixed. I see them working on them quite a lot where I am.
Under Bush, we had a few catastrophic failures of bridges and dikes.He was busy spending money in Iraq, blowing up bridges.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#25831 Oct 29, 2012
Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
Thirty million just went to restore the statue of liberty! Yea and just what about those 400 bridges? They almost own us, yes and without firing a shot!
Why not spend on the statue of liberty? I see they got an elevator and safer steps now.

“ We are not permanent”

Since: Oct 08

Gaston County

#25832 Oct 29, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Who claimed one could spend their way out of debt? We can spend our way to a relatively stable economy, as we have under Obama and we did in the new deal.
The debt should have been paid down in the good times, but as I pointed out, it was not under Bush.

You are just spinning and actually changing what I said.

It may have been my opinion, but you fail to show my opinion is not logical. Debate the substance of the topic for a change.
The debt should always be paid down regardless of the party in control.

I didn't imply your opinion was illogical. I pointed out that Obama's statement, like some of yours are vague and non committal. Leaving ample room for interpretation. Or "spin" as it is called.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#25834 Oct 29, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>The tax rates have been lowered steadily for decades. It was much higher in the forties, fifties, sixties and seventies.
So America is clearing going in a direction that is less of what a up and coming communist country would be.
The year 2012 could be the last year for America's current tax rate structure. Six tax rates, ranging from 10% to 35%, have been in place since 2003. The Tax Relief Act of 2010 temporarily extended the current tax rate structure through the end of 2012. Tax rates will revert automatically to their pre-2003 levels unless new legislation is passed.

For 2012, there will be six tax rates of:

10%,
15%,
25%,
28%,
33%, and
35%.

The tax rates for 2013 are scheduled to change as follows: the 10% rate will be collapsed into the 15% rate; the 25% rate will become 28%; the 28% rate will become 31%; the 33% rate will become 36%; and the 35% rate will become 39.6%. These tax rate changes will take effect beginning in 2013 absent further legislation.

Capital gain income might be taxed at different rates. There are special capital gains tax rates that apply for dividends, long-term investments, collectibles, and certain types of real estate.

Note: These tax rate schedules are provided for tax planning purposes. To compute your actual income tax, please see the 2012 instructions for Form 1040 and the 2012 Tax Tables.

Each tax rate applies to a range of income, which is called a tax bracket. Each tax rate applies to a specific range of taxable income, which is income after various deductions have been subtracted.
Single Filing Status
[Tax Rate Schedule X, Internal Revenue Code section 1(c)]

10% on taxable income from $0 to $8,700, plus
15% on taxable income over $8,700 to $35,350, plus
25% on taxable income over $35,350 to $85,650, plus
28% on taxable income over $85,650 to $178,650, plus
33% on taxable income over $178,650 to $388,350, plus
35% on taxable income over $388,350.

Married Filing Jointly or Qualifying Widow(er) Filing Status
[Tax Rate Schedule Y-1, Internal Revenue Code section 1(a)]

10% on taxable income from $0 to $17,400, plus
15% on taxable income over $17,400 to $70,700, plus
25% on taxable income over $70,700 to $142,700, plus
28% on taxable income over $142,700 to $217,450, plus
33% on taxable income over $217,450 to $388,350, plus

Married Filing Separately Filing Status
[Tax Rate Schedule Y-2, Internal Revenue Code section 1(d)]

25% on taxable income over $35,350 to $71,350, plus
28% on taxable income over $71,350 to $108,725, plus
33% on taxable income over $108,725 to $194,175, plus
35% on taxable income over $194,175.

Head of Household Filing Status
[Tax Rate Schedule Z, Internal Revenue Code section 1(b)]

10% on taxable income from $0 to $12,400, plus
15% on taxable income over $12,400 to $47,350, plus
25% on taxable income over $47,350 to $122,300, plus
28% on taxable income over $122,300 to $198,050, plus
33% on taxable income over $198,050 to $388,350, plus

How Marginal Tax Rates are Used
Individuals can use the tax rate schedules in a number of ways to help plan their finances. You can use these tax rates to figure out how much tax you will pay on extra income you earn. For a taxpayer in the 25% tax bracket, extra income will be taxed at that rate until the taxpayer reaches the next tax bracket.

Alternatively, you can use these tax rates to figure out how much tax you will save by increasing your deductions. A taxpayer in the 28% tax bracket, for example, will save 28 cents in federal tax for every dollar spent on a tax-deductible expense, such as mortgage interest or charity.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#25835 Oct 29, 2012
The Enemy Within wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't imply your opinion was illogical. I pointed out that Obama's statement, like some of yours are vague and non committal. Leaving ample room for interpretation. Or "spin" as it is called.
So even if the economy is bad, you see no need for spending to help keep it from collapsing? If the debt was paid down to a surplus in the good times, one could spend in the bad without debt. At least in theory.
But republicans like Bush said it is your money, so you should not have the government help save for a rainy day.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#25836 Oct 29, 2012
emlu wrote:
<quoted text> The year 2012 could be the last year for America's current tax rate structure. Six tax rates, ranging from 10% to 35%, have been in place since 2003. The Tax Relief Act of 2010 temporarily extended the current tax rate structure through the end of 2012. Tax rates will revert automatically to their pre-2003 levels unless new legislation is passed.
For 2012, there will be six tax rates of:
10%,
15%,
25%,
28%,
33%, and
35%.
The tax rates for 2013 are scheduled to change as follows: the 10% rate will be collapsed into the 15% rate; the 25% rate will become 28%; the 28% rate will become 31%; the 33% rate will become 36%; and the 35% rate will become 39.6%. These tax rate changes will take effect beginning in 2013 absent further legislation.
Capital gain income might be taxed at different rates. There are special capital gains tax rates that apply for dividends, long-term investments, collectibles, and certain types of real estate.
Note: These tax rate schedules are provided for tax planning purposes. To compute your actual income tax, please see the 2012 instructions for Form 1040 and the 2012 Tax Tables.
Each tax rate applies to a range of income, which is called a tax bracket. Each tax rate applies to a specific range of taxable income, which is income after various deductions have been subtracted.
Single Filing Status
[Tax Rate Schedule X, Internal Revenue Code section 1(c)]
25% on taxable income over $35,350 to $85,650, plus
28% on taxable income over $85,650 to $178,650, plus
33% on taxable income over $178,650 to $388,350, plus
Married Filing Jointly or Qualifying Widow(er) Filing Status
[Tax Rate Schedule Y-1, Internal Revenue Code section 1(a)]
10% on taxable income from $0 to $17,400, plus
15% on taxable income over $17,400 to $70,700, plus
25% on taxable income over $70,700 to $142,700, plus
28% on taxable income over $142,700 to $217,450, plus
33% on taxable income over $217,450 to $388,350, plus
Married Filing Separately Filing Status
[Tax Rate Schedule Y-2, Internal Revenue Code section 1(d)]
25% on taxable income over $35,350 to $71,350, plus
28% on taxable income over $71,350 to $108,725, plus
33% on taxable income over $108,725 to $194,175, plus
35% on taxable income over $194,175.
Head of Household Filing Status
[Tax Rate Schedule Z, Internal Revenue Code section 1(b)]
10% on taxable income from $0 to $12,400, plus
15% on taxable income over $12,400 to $47,350, plus
25% on taxable income over $47,350 to $122,300, plus
28% on taxable income over $122,300 to $198,050, plus
33% on taxable income over $198,050 to $388,350, plus
How Marginal Tax Rates are Used
Individuals can use the tax rate schedules in a number of ways to help plan their finances. You can use these tax rates to figure out how much tax you will pay on extra income you earn. For a taxpayer in the 25% tax bracket, extra income will be taxed at that rate until the taxpayer reaches the next tax bracket.
Alternatively, you can use these tax rates to figure out how much tax you will save by increasing your deductions. A taxpayer in the 28% tax bracket, for example, will save 28 cents in federal tax for every dollar spent on a tax-deductible expense, such as mortgage interest or charity.
Did you have any point of posting this?
Allen

Penrose, NC

#25837 Oct 29, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Why not spend on the statue of liberty? I see they got an elevator and safer steps now.

I understand that lady liberty is an important part of our history but, I don't think she should have taken priority over bridges, roads, etc. Personal opinion lady liberty should have taken the back burner.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#25838 Oct 29, 2012
The Enemy Within wrote:
<quoted text>
My points are non committal because circumstances differ and there is no one solution for each problem.
Your views are very black and white as is most republicans are. What I keep trying to point out is, you need to look at the situation of the day to discern the approach.

Tax cuts for the rich is not going to lower the debt. Loopholes will not likely be cut much. Spending two trillion extra for the military is not going to reduce the debt.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#25839 Oct 29, 2012
waco1909 wrote:
What are you doing Mike? engaging in a Topix version of Custers Last Stand? What are the odds now about five to one? RUMOR has it, by the way, that Obama will win the electoral college, and lose the popular vote.Poetic justice? For Al Gore?
What polls are you looking at? Are you watching fox news again?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#25840 Oct 29, 2012
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Last time clueless one. Arnold, I believe on Friday, asked for someone to show examples of deadbeats on welfare. I found the article and posted it. Somewhere in your clueless mind, would you not agree this article clearly shows deadbeats taking advantage of welfare? The article was the answer to Arnold's question? Arnold, didn't ask for a state by state break down, if it only was occurring in one state etc. He asked for an example. He asked and I gave him an example. I believe he asked Pro and I gave the example. Try looking at the premise of a post and an article cited before you jump in with both feet and are trying to defend an argument without knowing the origin of why it was posted. You can more clearly articulate your argument if you know why and what you're arguing.
Thanks for clearly that up. I thought you were trying to answer my question about showing evidence fraud was increasing. But we know you do not answer my questions.
I am pretty sure Arnold has already acknowledged fraud occurs in these programs, so I am not sure why he needed an example of what he does not dispute. If what you claim is what he actually asked.

You could have cleared up the confusion the first time I asked what the point of the article was supposed to enlighten me on. Thanks for wasting my time.

Location hidden

#25841 Oct 29, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Did you have any point of posting this?
No

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#25842 Oct 29, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>In 06, the economy was not in the shitter yet. So Obama was speaking to why republicans were spending so much in the good times, and not saving for the hard times.
So if the republicans had saved in the good times, Obama could have spent in the hard times to keep the economy stable and yet keep the debt low.
You're such a bullshitter!

Location hidden

#25843 Oct 29, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for clearly that up. I thought you were trying to answer my question about showing evidence fraud was increasing. But we know you do not answer my questions.
I am pretty sure Arnold has already acknowledged fraud occurs in these programs, so I am not sure why he needed an example of what he does not dispute. If what you claim is what he actually asked.
You could have cleared up the confusion the first time I asked what the point of the article was supposed to enlighten me on. Thanks for wasting my time.
Again clueless one, how do you know if I don't answer your questions? You fail to follow basic steps of going to the origin of a post and then you only get half the story, you ask halfass questions because you don't know what you're talking about and then blame me or anyone that doesn't answer your questrion. You didn't have a fat clue what I was talking about with these posts. Most people don't randomly pick a post and just jump in, sometimes they follow the origin, which I see is a foreign concept to you. As far as wasting your time, why did you waste mine? If you want to know what you're suppose to take from a site someone posts, use your own advice "I'm not doing your research" and go back and research the posts and see what you may have missed and you won't look like a jackass.

Location hidden

#25844 Oct 29, 2012
emlu wrote:
<quoted text>No
Hey Emlu. Do you get snow up your way today?

Emlu, don't waste your time explaining to Mike why you post anything. He doesn't understand and it will always be the poster's fault that he doesn't understand the question and even though he doesn't understand, he'll certainly disagree.

Been talking a lot lately?:)

Location hidden

#25845 Oct 29, 2012
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Emlu. Do you get snow up your way today?
Emlu, don't waste your time explaining to Mike why you post anything. He doesn't understand and it will always be the poster's fault that he doesn't understand the question and even though he doesn't understand, he'll certainly disagree.
Been talking a lot lately?:)
Yes, it's blowing a little, the ski resorts are opening Wed.(Sugar Mt) As for Mike, he beats the same old drum. Yes, yes, I have been talking a lot.;)

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#25846 Oct 29, 2012
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text> You're such a bullshitter!
Cop out response.

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>In 06, the economy was not in the shitter yet. So Obama was speaking to why republicans were spending so much in the good times, and not saving for the hard times.
So if the republicans had saved in the good times, Obama could have spent in the hard times to keep the economy stable and yet keep the debt low.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#25847 Oct 29, 2012
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Again clueless one, how do you know if I don't answer your questions? You fail to follow basic steps of going to the origin of a post and then you only get half the story, you ask halfass questions because you don't know what you're talking about and then blame me or anyone that doesn't answer your questrion. You didn't have a fat clue what I was talking about with these posts. Most people don't randomly pick a post and just jump in, sometimes they follow the origin, which I see is a foreign concept to you. As far as wasting your time, why did you waste mine? If you want to know what you're suppose to take from a site someone posts, use your own advice "I'm not doing your research" and go back and research the posts and see what you may have missed and you won't look like a jackass.
Bacon, you do this same old thing, no matter if it were I in the discussion or not. You consistently post sites and give no reason for posting them.

I simply asked you to explain, yet you refused for several posts.
TSF

Kenly, NC

#25848 Oct 29, 2012
You demonstrate your ignorance in your belief that presidents can aurhorize spending or borrowing. Congress is responsible for all expenditures through departmental budgets. It is true that the National debt increased over 100% during the presidency of Dubya Bush, but it wasn't Bush that did that. It was congress. It is true that the national debt has increased 50% during the presidency of Obama, but Obama didnt do that either . It was congress. Congress passes the laws, authorizes spending and borrowing and has to authorize raising the debt limit.
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text> The point is what Obama was preaching against as a Senator in '06 is exactly what he did when elected President. I guess he was against before he was for it.
Allen

Penrose, NC

#25850 Oct 29, 2012
Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO, "Hey Mikie, do you like it?"
Whether or not I beleive that abortion is murder is irrelevant. I did see part of the interview with Mourdock when he was ask about the rape of a 13 year old girl. It is very evident to me where he stands. We all know that rape is an act of violence. Rape is not God's will, we were given freewill. Barrbaric as it may sound but, hanging is to good for a bastard like that. How the hell could we possilbly ask that a 13 year old child become a mother after being violated in such a way?
What could we expect a young female's outlook to be on marriage, sex and family after such a traumatic experience?
Pro I seek feedback from you most of all because you have stated that you have three daughters!

Location hidden

#25851 Oct 29, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Bacon, you do this same old thing, no matter if it were I in the discussion or not. You consistently post sites and give no reason for posting them.
I simply asked you to explain, yet you refused for several posts.
My bad Mike, I actually thought you had read the origin of why I posted the site. I'm sorry for assuming you had read why I had posted the site, but as usual you didn't and it's my fault. Does this blame game thing work well for you in the real world?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlotte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Black churchgoers break with leading Democrats ... (Apr '12) 2 hr Just Think 1,906
Biogel Injections (Feb '10) 7 hr ButtInj_T 140
Where Did the Devil Come From? (May '08) 17 hr ste 403
patrick brehm arrested and charged Thu medmel8556 1
Black women don't find white men attractive. (Jul '10) Thu force me 36
Cherry Crush Dec 17 Cherry Dreams 1
why do i only see darkness in light? Dec 17 Displaced 2
Charlotte Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Charlotte People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Charlotte News, Events & Info