Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
ZENITH

League City, TX

#25561 Oct 27, 2012
Taxpayer the truth is....in this case...on Mikes side.Its in black and white.Care to spin it?

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#25562 Oct 27, 2012
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
But you cannot answer the question definitively here about why Powell endorsed him last time. Don't be a hypocrite and call other people out on the same thing you do.
I am pretty sure it was because they were both black.
ZENITH

League City, TX

#25563 Oct 27, 2012
Seeing as how the Church of England interfered so often in the lives of everyone in England and in the politics of that country its obvious the Founding Fathers did not want to repeat that circumstance in America.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#25564 Oct 27, 2012
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text> Bullshit! You should read/watch the WHOLE interview next time.
During the same interview, he went on to say;
"Colin Powell is a friend and I respect the endorsement decision he made, I do not doubt that it was based on anything but his support of the President’s policies."
That was a latter interview when he retracted his statements.
Damn, you fall for anything fox news says, don't you?\
http://www.politico.com/politico44/2012/10/su...

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#25565 Oct 27, 2012
Taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
America was founded as a Christian country. Anyone who denies that has not studied enough history or has been sadly misled.
The way Communist minded people are who want to destory America.
A Christian can also be communist. Clearly you do not know what the word 'communism' even means. Got that Joe McCarthy?
ZENITH

League City, TX

#25566 Oct 27, 2012
This country was not founded on Christianity.In fact America was a place to escape the oppression of the Church of England against competing religions.Worship GOD ANY WAY YOU WANT folks.Just don't try to cram it down everybodys throat.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#25567 Oct 27, 2012
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text> Thank you AZ, I stand corrected. The article I read at nymag.com made it appear as if it were the same interview. None the less, he went on to say.... Are you saying people aren't allowed to admit when they're wrong?
<quoted text>
Yes, he can admit when he is wrong, but that does not delete his claim as if it was not his true opinion. He clearly was told it was wrong by many as soon as he got off the air. he was certainly told of how his statements would hurt Mitt's chances of winning, so he was ordered to retract the statement, no matter what he really thought.
This is not the first time Sununu has made racist statements. It will no doubt be the last.
Mitt has yet to condemn his statement. Clearly Mitt wants to save his racist base.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#25568 Oct 27, 2012
Pro-American wrote:
Obama's new controversial ad
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =o6G3nwhPuR4XX&feature=you tube_gdata_player
I can remember the first time Obama screwed me.........he needed a stimulus package!
He likely got the idea from Reagan.

Reagan once said, Paraphrasing here, You can change from voting Democrat to republican. It may hurt for the first few seconds, but it feels great after that.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#25569 Oct 27, 2012
Answers wrote:
4 simple questions that should make us think before we vote in November.
1. Back in 1961 people of color were called 'Negroes.' So how can the Obama 'birth certificate' state he is "African-American" when the term wasn't even used at that time?
2. The birth certificate that the White House released lists Obama's birth as August 4, 1961 & Lists Barack Hussein Obama as his father. No big deal, right ? At the time of Obama's birth, it also shows that his father is aged 25 years old, and that Obama's father was born in " Kenya , East Africa". This wouldn't seem like anything of concern, except the fact that Kenya did not even exist until 1963, two whole years after Obama's birth, and 27 years after his father's birth. How could Obama's father have been born in a country that did not yet exist? Until Kenya was formed in 1963, it was known as the "British East Africa Protectorate". http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenya
Easy to answer that one, Kenya was known from 1920 as the Kenya Colony.
I learned that from the link you posted.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#25570 Oct 27, 2012
Waco 1909 wrote:
<quoted text> oh give it up LOSER! ROMNEYS'certain to win anyway mr. paranoid! What a psycho! what a complete and utter imbecile!(with all due respect).
Certain to win?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#25571 Oct 27, 2012
Answers wrote:
<quoted text> To think I admitted fault because I was admonished by the boss, you, then no, that wouldn't be logical. As far as Sununu and Romney, it's possible, but I can't speak for either.
Is it 'possible' or 'highly likely'? If Mitt did not tell him to retract, then Mitt is a fool or a racist. Take your pick.
Taxpayer

Camden, NC

#25572 Oct 27, 2012
emlu wrote:
<quoted text>Use their force against us? I hope all the military personal you are speaking of are orphans. Otherwise, the force you are speaking of will be going against their own family and friends. If that scenario happens, this country will be beyond repair.
Kent state.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#25573 Oct 27, 2012
http://gawker.com/5548770/bill-oreilly-tells-...
Marc Lamont Hill is the black Liberal Columbia professor who for some reason is always on The O'Reilly Factor. Tonight's episode made Hill's presence even more puzzling, because Bill O'Reilly told him that he looks like someone who sells drugs.

The two were happily discussing Obama's dumb plan to send 1200 troops who will secure the entire Mexican border against illegal immigrants. Then O'Reilly joked: "Say you're a cocaine dealer—and you kind of look like one a little bit." To which Hill replied, gamely: "As do you... you know, you actually look like a cocaine user."

“Anasasis Xenophontis.”

Since: Dec 08

over there.

#25574 Oct 27, 2012
Yay got the dolphin browser for my android now I can have multi tabs to post links with

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#25575 Oct 27, 2012
Taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
Kent state.
Yes, and those were troubled times for this country.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#25576 Oct 27, 2012
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
"The Joint Chiefs of Staff (JCS) is a body of senior uniformed leaders in the United States Department of Defense who advise the Secretary of Defense, the Homeland Security Council, the National Security Council and the President on military matters.
Following the Goldwater-Nichols Act in 1986 the Joint Chiefs of Staff do not have operational command authority, neither individually nor collectively, as the chain of command goes from the President to the Secretary of Defense, and from the Secretary of Defense to the Commanders of the Combatant Commands. Goldwater-Nichols also created the office of Vice Chairman, and the Chairman is now designated as the principal military adviser to the Secretary of Defense, the Homeland Security Council, the National Security Council and to the President."
Just so we are all clear on what exactly the Joint Chiefs do. Key words for you to pay attention to is NO OPERATIONAL COMMAND AUTHORITY. Which means, they are in charge of jack shit and are solely act in advisory capacity respectively.
So the person in charge of advising on foreign policy for more than one president, does not qualify to know foreign policy in your book? I see. I see you are trying to downplay Powell importance and knowledge.
Next you will be telling me Condi Rice has no experience either and thus her statements are invalid.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#25577 Oct 27, 2012
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
I think all the democrats seem to forget that Obama had limited foreign policy experience when he took office in 2009. Obama has gained all his foreign policy on the job and as a result of being ineffective as a leader there has been a lack of a responsible propotional response to the attacks on American sovereignty in Lybia. Should I remind you Mike, there was mainstream media embedded with our troops when we went into Afghanistan and Iraq? So, where is the documented response to the attacks on our consulate in Benghazi? Oh that's right, there hasn't been any.
The evidence is mounting against Obama and team. And it doesn't matter which cabinet members fall on their sword. Obama is the commander in chief and the loss of American lives falls squarely on his shoulders as did 9/11 for Bush. Former president Bush declared war on terrorism, not just Afghanistan or Iraq. We are still fighting that battle today as we have seen in Benghazi.
True Mike, I am not in charge and I wasn't there. But I am a vote and I disagree with Obama's inaction and lack of leadership on how he handled the Benghazi terrorist attack just as much as I disagree with Powell's perspective and opinion on Obama.
Are you asking me if we had media embedded in Iraq? You put a question mark there. Are you telling me, we should have had media embedded in Libya? The government does not run the media.

I see you refuse to take the advice of Condi Rice.
sherry k

Waxhaw, NC

#25578 Oct 27, 2012
Bet you did't know that Obama sold drugs
In Asheville in the 80s.I knew him why do
You think he likes Asheville so good. its his
Old turf.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#25579 Oct 27, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
http://gawker.com/5548770/bill -oreilly-tells-black-guest-he- looks-like-a-drug-dealer
Marc Lamont Hill is the black Liberal Columbia professor who for some reason is always on The O'Reilly Factor. Tonight's episode made Hill's presence even more puzzling, because Bill O'Reilly told him that he looks like someone who sells drugs.
The two were happily discussing Obama's dumb plan to send 1200 troops who will secure the entire Mexican border against illegal immigrants. Then O'Reilly joked: "Say you're a cocaine dealer—and you kind of look like one a little bit." To which Hill replied, gamely: "As do you... you know, you actually look like a cocaine user."
Good come back by Hill. The man is very intelligent. I love to hear him and O'Reilly banter back and forth. Hill is on there regularly to keep the O'Reilly's ratings high. The right wing typically love an intelligent black man who can hold his own! I know there are some out there throwing objects at the TV. Taxpayer knows Hill is an avowed communist. O'Reilly should reveal that sometime soon. LOL

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#25580 Oct 27, 2012
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
"The Joint Chiefs of Staff (JCS) is a body of senior uniformed leaders in the United States Department of Defense who advise the Secretary of Defense, the Homeland Security Council, the National Security Council and the President on military matters.
Following the Goldwater-Nichols Act in 1986 the Joint Chiefs of Staff do not have operational command authority, neither individually nor collectively, as the chain of command goes from the President to the Secretary of Defense, and from the Secretary of Defense to the Commanders of the Combatant Commands. Goldwater-Nichols also created the office of Vice Chairman, and the Chairman is now designated as the principal military adviser to the Secretary of Defense, the Homeland Security Council, the National Security Council and to the President."
Just so we are all clear on what exactly the Joint Chiefs do. Key words for you to pay attention to is NO OPERATIONAL COMMAND AUTHORITY. Which means, they are in charge of jack shit and are solely act in advisory capacity respectively.
Powell was Commander of the U.S. Army Forces Command (1989). He was in charge of quite a lot.

Why do you spit on the services of our troops?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlotte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Are Southerners Stupid or do they just sound th... (Oct '08) 3 hr Go Blue Forever 4,896
Where the boy at in Charlotte ? (Dec '15) 15 hr Fred Herbert 46
Let's See Who's A REAL Charlottean! (Jan '08) Wed Fred Herbert 94
Button Earrings with Great Color Aug 23 linda35ny 1
Loving black women Aug 22 Nem0 2
Do you think prostitution should be legal in N.C.? (Aug '15) Aug 22 Nem0 15
I Love Black Women (May '11) Aug 22 Mred63 253

Charlotte Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Charlotte Mortgages