Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#25192 Oct 25, 2012
You are correct Bacon.You misspelled"decorum". You made positive comments in your post and that's what I'm looking for in Americans these days.Silvercoast said once that I see the"other"guys point of view too clearly.I think its possible to better advance my own position when I at least listen to someone elses point of view instead of dismissing them like Taxpayer.

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#25193 Oct 25, 2012
TSF wrote:
Oh my goodness! Those poor honest bankers were being forced to make hundreds of thousands of bad loans by the wicked old congress.
I am sure it had nothing to do with getting paid by the loan to make them in the first place and giving kick backs to the wicked congress . By shifting those bad loans onto Fannie and Freddie, the poor innocent bankers made over $4 billion dollars, which they accepted only reluctantly after having hedged their bets and shifting the loan insurance to the Federal government (us taxpayers.) I'm just all broken up over the plight of those poor innocent scapegoated souls. I think we should just use another 830 billion dollars of tax payer money to give them more bonuses.
<quoted text>
You had me till you said being forced. No one forced any of the "homeowners" to take a loan for a house they obviously couldn't afford.

How is living above your means the fault of congress?

Location hidden

#25194 Oct 25, 2012
The Enemy Within wrote:
<quoted text>
Everybody wants peace.
The problem is that the left call their opponents names like “imperialist” and then talk of “disarmament” and think that “dialog” between the two will work as if they have the answer to peace.
The problem is history has shown us that kind of leftist ideology does not work and it never has. That kind of Pacifism thinking only works in the classroom, where naive children are forced to parrot the opinions of their secular leftist teachers who have no expertise in war or history.
What has actually worked in history is peace through strength. Strength deters wars, strength deters violence. Strength and having the will to use those strengths to restrain evil works.
here here. Could not of said it better.

Location hidden

#25195 Oct 25, 2012
Living"beyond your means"is as American as apple pie.See those slick Madison Avenue ads on TV that tell you your car is a piece of shit? The ones that tell you you have to have the latest cell phone and the trendiest Jeans? That ones that say you have to have this Cologne or this perfume? The banks send me credit card offers every week.At ruinous interest rates. Wake up and smell the money!

Location hidden

#25196 Oct 25, 2012
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
here here. Could not of said it better.
I could have.

“ We are not permanent”

Since: Oct 08

Gaston County

#25197 Oct 25, 2012
waco1909 wrote:
Pro we're men not links.Let's talk like men and leave the links to those of little imagination.Tell me what you think Romney will do for America.Leave Obama out if it entirely his chances are slim at best.Tell me what you THINK he will do....And what you HOPE Romney will do when elected.Are we too divided as a nation to recover from years of vicious partisan politics? Despite the fact that I disagree with you and Silvercoast and TEW I know you are all honorable men and I RESPECT that.Maybe...those who disagree can work together to keep this country going.
We are more divided as a nation than we were 4 years ago. I can't say we are more divided because of Obama but I can say has done nothing to close that gap.

I believe all politicians regardless of party will take advantage of any situation in order to push "their" agenda.

Romney was not my first choice but he is to me the better choice of the two.

Romney has laid out a plan, whether that plan will succeed or not is another debate within itself. However Obama has offered nothing different for the next four years than he offered Americans 4 years ago. 23 million out of work and 1.3% growth rate from the country with the largest economy is not growth. That's just spinning our wheels.

Not sure if Romney is the overall solution but he and Ryan are absolutely a step in the right direction.

Location hidden

#25198 Oct 25, 2012
Some Russians are as crazy as some Americans.They think 12 thousand nukes to our 5 thousand nukes is a winnable war for them.All that 5 thousand nukes does is make the Russians more likely to attack first.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#25199 Oct 25, 2012
People were not forced to take loans. Freddie, Fannie, BoFA, Countrwide (I think they're part of one of these groups) and many more gave loans nilly willy. People were lured into buying homes they could not pay for because they (purchasers) did not read the paperwork. Most of these loans were variable rate loans and heck yeah, it sounded good that someone making a small amount of money could afford a $300,000.00 home with $1000 down and a payment of $325.00 a month and the life of their mortgage could be as much as 50 years. I made those numbers up but's that pretty much how it worked. Reading the small print is a good thing. Variable loan means your payment can and probably will increase and could decrease but probably won't. When the "variable" kicked in, people found themselves upside down in homes they couldn't afford and had to foreclose on. Am I saying it was fair for banks and mortgage lenders to make money this way, no, but there's no honor among theives; however, we are responsible to do our homework before making probably the largest investment we'll ever make. We bailed out banks for greed and people for stupidity.
TSF

Fayetteville, NC

#25200 Oct 25, 2012
Ordering the kill/capture of Bin Laden was a hell of a lot different than Dubya sitting back with his thumb up his rear and saying "Bin Landen is no longer a person of interest"
The Enemy Within wrote:
<quoted text>
The killing of bin Laden has been depicted in the liberal media as some kind of act of courage by Obama. After bin Laden was located, why would any President not give the green light to get him?
That took no courage from Obama. Wouldn’t it have political suicide for Obama not to have given the green light?
All Obama did was hedge his bets by authorizing the admiral in charge to proceed only under various conditions. This meant that success would be credited to Obama and failure could be blamed on the admiral.
Making Obama look good if there was success and the admiral the scapegoat if there was failure.
If the attacked would have failed then the admiral would have joined the list with George W. Bush, Hillary Clinton and other scapegoats for Obama's failures.
TSF

Fayetteville, NC

#25202 Oct 25, 2012
Greed is your word, not mine. I could give a flip about how much money some people have, and some have more than you can imagine.
What I DO care about is letting these dandies get by with a lower tax RATE than I am paying.
The Enemy Within wrote:
<quoted text>
You continue to spew this rhetoric about the greed of the rich.
I find it fascinating when people attribute high incomes to greed.
Greed tells you what you want. If you have high income it’s because someone else is willing to pay it. Furthermore it is quite ironic that the other people who are willing to pay it very often (in recent years) have been the politicians who are spending the taxpayers’ money.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#25203 Oct 25, 2012
Makin bacon wrote:
People were not forced to take loans. Freddie, Fannie, BoFA, Countrwide (I think they're part of one of these groups) and many more gave loans nilly willy. People were lured into buying homes they could not pay for because they (purchasers) did not read the paperwork. Most of these loans were variable rate loans and heck yeah, it sounded good that someone making a small amount of money could afford a $300,000.00 home with $1000 down and a payment of $325.00 a month and the life of their mortgage could be as much as 50 years. I made those numbers up but's that pretty much how it worked. Reading the small print is a good thing. Variable loan means your payment can and probably will increase and could decrease but probably won't. When the "variable" kicked in, people found themselves upside down in homes they couldn't afford and had to foreclose on. Am I saying it was fair for banks and mortgage lenders to make money this way, no, but there's no honor among theives; however, we are responsible to do our homework before making probably the largest investment we'll ever make. We bailed out banks for greed and people for stupidity.
EXACTLY.
TSF

Fayetteville, NC

#25204 Oct 25, 2012
The job of a loan officer in a bank is to assure that the person CAN pay back the loan AND that the loan is secured by the value of the real property. The loan officers are not that stupid and neither are their supervisors. Loan officers and supervisors alike were being paid by the loan so they didn't care. They falsified the qualifications to increase "production" and sold the loans that they knew were bad in order to shift the liability for their fraud onto the taxpayers.
Even after this monstorous scam, we still have ignorant republikans who want to deregulate the banks and turn them lose on the taxpayers again. Mitt Romney isn't that ignorant, so you tell me why you think he wants deregulation.
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
You had me till you said being forced. No one forced any of the "homeowners" to take a loan for a house they obviously couldn't afford.
How is living above your means the fault of congress?

Location hidden

#25205 Oct 25, 2012
TSF wrote:
Greed is your word, not mine. I could give a flip about how much money some people have, and some have more than you can imagine.
What I DO care about is letting these dandies get by with a lower tax RATE than I am paying.
<quoted text>
Even if the "rich folk" are filing a lower tax rate than you, they still pay more in taxes than you.

Obama's ad...Romney paid a 14% tax rate on 13 million earned income. Do the math your self. 14% of 13 million dollars is? Anyone? Anyone?

“ We are not permanent”

Since: Oct 08

Gaston County

#25206 Oct 25, 2012
TSF wrote:
<quoted text>Greed is your word, not mine. I could give a flip about how much money some people have, and some have more than you can imagine.
So quit paying income taxes, invest your money, live off of the interest of your investments and pay the same Capitol gains tax rate as they do.

It's quite simple.
TSF

Fayetteville, NC

#25207 Oct 25, 2012
Nuclear war is not survivable for anyone. For us to aim our nuclear weapons at ourselves would be just as sensible as aiming them at Russia. That way, our people would die almost instantly while around 2 weeks later, the Russians (and everyone else) would die slow agonizing deaths with the flesh rotting slowly off their bodies as a result of the massive radioactive fallout covering the Northern hemisphere for years to come..
It would be the same if we only had 1000 nukes. I understand the "chicken" factor and so do the Russians. They want 12,000 because they think we are crazier than they are.
waco1909 wrote:
Some Russians are as crazy as some Americans.They think 12 thousand nukes to our 5 thousand nukes is a winnable war for them.All that 5 thousand nukes does is make the Russians more likely to attack first.

Location hidden

#25208 Oct 25, 2012
TSF wrote:
The job of a loan officer in a bank is to assure that the person CAN pay back the loan AND that the loan is secured by the value of the real property. The loan officers are not that stupid and neither are their supervisors. Loan officers and supervisors alike were being paid by the loan so they didn't care. They falsified the qualifications to increase "production" and sold the loans that they knew were bad in order to shift the liability for their fraud onto the taxpayers.
Even after this monstorous scam, we still have ignorant republikans who want to deregulate the banks and turn them lose on the taxpayers again. Mitt Romney isn't that ignorant, so you tell me why you think he wants deregulation.
<quoted text>
Since you haven't provided a credible source of information for us to review, I can only speculate it is your opinion that us big bad republicans want to deregulate the banking industry.

"Loan officers and supervisors alike were being paid by the loan so they didn't care."

This is the only bit of opinion I find worthy to address. Since your beef is with the mortgage loan industry and not former President Bush, you should take your beef up with the mortgage loan industry. People get "hustled" out of their money all day long all over the world. Right or wrong, it is their money and their right to do with it however they please.

If you want to lead a crusade to prevent that from happening, good luck.

Location hidden

#25209 Oct 25, 2012
waco1909 wrote:
Living"beyond your means"is as American as apple pie.See those slick Madison Avenue ads on TV that tell you your car is a piece of shit? The ones that tell you you have to have the latest cell phone and the trendiest Jeans? That ones that say you have to have this Cologne or this perfume? The banks send me credit card offers every week.At ruinous interest rates. Wake up and smell the money!
Well man, it is your liberty to live life your own way. Just take responsibility for it and have a ball.
TSF

Fayetteville, NC

#25210 Oct 25, 2012
Duh!! WTF do you think RATE means?

You just proved that you are no accountant. If you think you are, God help your clients.
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Even if the "rich folk" are filing a lower tax rate than you, they still pay more in taxes than you.
Obama's ad...Romney paid a 14% tax rate on 13 million earned income. Do the math your self. 14% of 13 million dollars is? Anyone? Anyone?

Location hidden

#25211 Oct 25, 2012
The Enemy Within wrote:
<quoted text>
So quit paying income taxes, invest your money, live off of the interest of your investments and pay the same Capitol gains tax rate as they do.
It's quite simple.
Winner winner, chicken dinner.
TSF

Fayetteville, NC

#25212 Oct 25, 2012
Yes. What I am advocating is simple. Charge the same RATE on ALL income. That includes interest on investments.
The Enemy Within wrote:
<quoted text>
It's quite simple.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlotte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Charlotte mayor on trans gender homosexual rest... (Feb '15) 4 hr WhatThe 6
Roberts’ loss 4 hr WhatThe 3
Dont burn your NFL tickets 9 hr Moose Knuckle 13
Chiva (Mar '17) 10 hr Danny 4
Need boy, girl, bud Sun Helpagirlout 1
Need a plug (Jan '17) Sun Helpagirlout 20
Where the boy at in Charlotte ? (Dec '15) Sun Helpagirlout 79

Charlotte Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance