“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#23659 Oct 17, 2012
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong Mike, an investor's money is never out of his control. Mutual funds aren't like Obamacare, where the government can force you to invest your money in something you don't want.
"mutual fund
NOUN:
An investment company that continually offers new shares and buys existing shares back at the request of the shareholder and uses its capital to invest in diversified securities of other companies."
So you are saying Obama needs to micro manage his mutual fund?
Mitt does not even manage his major investments. Mitt does not even have a job, so I am not sure why he cannot find the time.
Obama is busy trying to run a big country.

Again, you are fooled by the diversion.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#23660 Oct 17, 2012
It really looks clear to me, the republicans are trying to trump up a charge on Obama on this Libya thing because Obama has done well on foreign policy.

I think it is a low life tactic to do this. I think it is immoral to use the attack as a political weapon.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#23662 Oct 17, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So you are saying Obama needs to micro manage his mutual fund?
Mitt does not even manage his major investments. Mitt does not even have a job, so I am not sure why he cannot find the time.
Obama is busy trying to run a big country.
Again, you are fooled by the diversion.
Speaking of Obama not talking in general terms by using the term "acts of terror" in the Rose Garden speech, is that kind of like your statement in this post "Obama is busy TRYING to run a big country."? See how parsing of words make a difference? I'm glad you have acknowledged that he is TRYING to run the country instead of running it like he was elected to do.

I'm saying Obama or anyone should micro manage their money. Have you ever heard the saying "A fool and his money are soon parted?"
TSF

Kenly, NC

#23663 Oct 17, 2012
You are grabbing at straws . The statement clearly referred to the consulate attack and clearly defined it as an act of terror. More republikan lies.
The Enemy Within wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Dumbass.....below is the word for word transcript from Obama's speech in the Rose Garden the morning after.
"Of course, yesterday was already a painful day for our nation as we marked the solemn memory of the 9/11 attacks. We mourned with the families who were lost on that day. I visited the graves of troops who made the ultimate sacrifice in Iraq and Afghanistan at the hallowed grounds of Arlington Cemetery, and had the opportunity to say thank you and visit some of our wounded warriors at Walter Reed. And then last night, we learned the news of this attack in Benghazi.
As Americans, let us never, ever forget that our freedom is only sustained because there are people who are willing to fight for it, to stand up for it, and in some cases, lay down their lives for it. Our country is only as strong as the character of our people and the service of those both civilian and military who represent us around the globe.
No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for. Today we mourn four more Americans who represent the very best of the United States of America. We will not waver in our commitment to see that justice is done for this terrible act. And make no mistake, justice will be done."
"Act of Terror" was used in general and never used in conjuction with the Benghazi attack. Kind of like Clinton saying "he did not have sexual relations with that women", define sexual relations.
Furthermore, for days Obama stood by the argument that it was caused by the youtube video.
On September 30, Candy Crowley herself asked Sen. John McCain "why he thought it took the Obama administration 17 days after the Benghazi attacks to give a "sort of definitive statement" that terrorists orchestrated the attacks and not a video as stated before"
How selective the liberal memory is!

“ We are not permanent”

Since: Oct 08

Gaston County

#23664 Oct 17, 2012
TSF wrote:
<quoted text>You are grabbing at straws . The statement clearly referred to the consulate attack and clearly defined it as an act of terror. More republikan lies.
Kool-aid is to your right blind man.
LuLu

Lenoir, NC

#23666 Oct 17, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Fact. Obama did call it an act of terror. Fact, Mitt claimed he did not. Fact. Crowley confirmed the fact Obama called it an act of terror. Fact. Mitt lied about what Obama said.
"No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for." From the White House webpage. The only time the word terror mention in 12 paragraphs. I guess whether he called THAT attack, a "terror" attack is up to the individual.

Location hidden

#23667 Oct 17, 2012
TSF wrote:
You are grabbing at straws . The statement clearly referred to the consulate attack and clearly defined it as an act of terror. More republikan lies.
<quoted text>
TSF, this is a transcript of the words following up to the "acts of terror" verbage:

"Of course, yesterday was already a painful day for our nation as we marked the solemn memory of the 9/11 attacks. We mourned with the families who were lost on that day. I visited the graves of troops who made the ultimate sacrifice in Iraq and Afghanistan at the hallowed grounds of Arlington Cemetery, and had the opportunity to say thank you and visit some of our wounded warriors at Walter Reed. And then last night, we learned the news of this attack in Benghazi.

As Americans, let us never, ever forget that our freedom is only sustained because there are people who are willing to fight for it, to stand up for it, and in some cases, lay down their lives for it. Our country is only as strong as the character of our people and the service of those both civilian and military who represent us around the globe.

No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for. Today we mourn four more Americans who represent the very best of the United States of America. We will not waver in our commitment to see that justice is done for this terrible act. And make no mistake, justice will be done."

Don't claw my eyes out, could it be Obama was speaking of the attacks on 9/11? The language he used about "acts of terror" appear to be in regards to 9/11.

Notice the last paragraph, Obama uses the verbage "terrible act." So which is it?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#23670 Oct 17, 2012
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of Obama not talking in general terms by using the term "acts of terror" in the Rose Garden speech, is that kind of like your statement in this post "Obama is busy TRYING to run a big country."? See how parsing of words make a difference? I'm glad you have acknowledged that he is TRYING to run the country instead of running it like he was elected to do.
I'm saying Obama or anyone should micro manage their money. Have you ever heard the saying "A fool and his money are soon parted?"
The president is not a king/dictator. He can try to run it just as Mitt said the same about running a state.

You got nothing on Obama so you make stupid shit up. It is kind of funny.
big tea party repub

United States

#23671 Oct 17, 2012
Im good

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#23672 Oct 17, 2012
LuLu wrote:
<quoted text>"No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for." From the White House webpage. The only time the word terror mention in 12 paragraphs. I guess whether he called THAT attack, a "terror" attack is up to the individual.
Who gives a shit what he called it anyway? I see him calling it an act of terror, you do not. But again, why does it matter when he called it what?
It is just a word. None of this changes how he the administration will handle the situation.
You guys are crying over a word.
He said it the next day also, but again, it is just a word. A word that changes absolutely nothing.

Look at Obama's record on going after those who attack Americans. No matter what you call it, he has an excellent record of going after them. So what makes you think him not calling this terrorism as you wish him to call it matters?

Fact is, Obama kicked Mitt's ass last night and it is clear your team is reaching for anything that will make Obama look bad, regardless of if it matters one damned bit on how the country is being run.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#23673 Oct 17, 2012
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
TSF, this is a transcript of the words following up to the "acts of terror" verbage:
Don't claw my eyes out, could it be Obama was speaking of the attacks on 9/11? The language he used about "acts of terror" appear to be in regards to 9/11.
Notice the last paragraph, Obama uses the verbage "terrible act." So which is it?
Obama got the terrorist who was at the top of 9/11(Bin laden in case you thought it was Saddam) and Bush failed to do so.

I am confident Obama will have the same actions getting the people who were responsible for this act. Call it terrorism or call it a cookie, I do not give a shit what you call it. As long as Obama gets justice.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#23674 Oct 17, 2012
I just want to know what loopholes Mitt thinks congress will close.
LuLu

Lenoir, NC

#23675 Oct 17, 2012
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
You know it girl!!! Nothing better than a Carolina Blue sky I'm looking at today!!!
Don't we know it, beautiful day, just got back from walking the dog. These days could last forever for me.

Location hidden

#23676 Oct 17, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>The president is not a king/dictator. He can try to run it just as Mitt said the same about running a state.
You got nothing on Obama so you make stupid shit up. It is kind of funny.
Mike, you seem to be getting a little hot around the collar. Put on your big boy pants and calm down. If "I got nothing on Obama" then chill man. Your tone sounds far from funny.
big tea party repub

Bristol, TN

#23677 Oct 17, 2012
I beleave your alone you godless freak

Location hidden

#23678 Oct 17, 2012
LuLu wrote:
<quoted text>"No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for." From the White House webpage. The only time the word terror mention in 12 paragraphs. I guess whether he called THAT attack, a "terror" attack is up to the individual.
Lu, we need to let Mike take a minute and catch his breath. He's a tick away from going off the leash. For somebody that thinks the things we're bringing up is funny, he's becoming more angry with every post. Sounds like someone else on here?!?!?!

Location hidden

#23680 Oct 17, 2012
LuLu wrote:
<quoted text>Don't we know it, beautiful day, just got back from walking the dog. These days could last forever for me.
I've been in and out today working in the yard and it's wonderful. I have to tell you Lu, this is as much of a winter that I want. I love hot weather.

big tea party repub

Bristol, TN

#23681 Oct 17, 2012
Get off here get a job and I will
Go away

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#23682 Oct 17, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Obama got the terrorist who was at the top of 9/11(Bin laden in case you thought it was Saddam) and Bush failed to do so.
I am confident Obama will have the same actions getting the people who were responsible for this act. Call it terrorism or call it a cookie, I do not give a shit what you call it. As long as Obama gets justice.
Clinton and Bush missed, Obama got lucky. Were you this out spoken when Clinton didn't get his guy? He signed the order to kill bin Laden.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#23683 Oct 17, 2012
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Lu, we need to let Mike take a minute and catch his breath. He's a tick away from going off the leash. For somebody that thinks the things we're bringing up is funny, he's becoming more angry with every post. Sounds like someone else on here?!?!?!
Yes, you tell his posts are getting a little ticked. He usually is so "verbatim", there are no generalizations, he's clearly on edge today. Rattled.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlotte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Erica Arcilesi is dishonest, a liar and deadbeat! 1 hr Jaz1965 1
Black churchgoers break with leading Democrats ... (Apr '12) 7 hr Brian_G 1,907
Are All Black Women Fat Ugly and Uneducated 8 hr Whitey 1
Buh Bye All You IBM Employees (Oct '10) 9 hr Resource Action 253
Cogratulations On Your Sex Offenders 9 hr Deputy Dog 1
Biogel Injections (Feb '10) 17 hr ButtInj_T 140
Where Did the Devil Come From? (May '08) Fri ste 403
Charlotte Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web