Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#23645 Oct 17, 2012
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Mike, Pro was right:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =athcyCTnTTsXX&amp
Be careful throwing around the names of farm animals like "bull", you'll get big tea party repub excited :)
Not sure what you see in the video, but I see her confirming Obama did say it was an act of terror.
Of course he did not say it as Mitt wished he would have said it, but who gives a shit what Mitt wishes for?

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#23646 Oct 17, 2012
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Pro, the exchange I liked best is when Obama could remember Romeny's overseas investments in China, but somehow didn't acknowledge he, too, had investments in China. For a man to claim to be as smart as Obama is and then say he didn't know what was in his pension or where his money was made him look not all that smart. I bet you everybody on here can tell you about their pension, retirement whatever you want to call it but Mr. Elitist is clueless on how and where his money is invested? I don't think so.
WOOOOOOO, HOOOOOOOO, cut me I bleed Carolina Blue!!! I knew I was gonna like you.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#23647 Oct 17, 2012
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text> You should check your facts before you respond, just like the moderator should have! Read the transcriptfor yourself!
First, she shouldn't have responded to begin with
Second, she didn't even have her facts correct
This LIE is really going to be exposed in the next debate, the foreign policy debate. Can't wait for MORE of Obama's failed policies to new highlighted!
I wonder if Axlerod will strongarm Bob Schieffer before next debate?
Bull.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#23648 Oct 17, 2012
The Enemy Within wrote:
<quoted text>
"Afterward, CNN’s post-debate analysis team focused heavily on that point and Crowley herself admitted Romney had been right “in the main.” She said Romney “picked the wrong way to go about talking about it.” She also emphasized that each point she made also generated applause from one half of the audience, then the other.
But Crowley also admitted she took her cue to intervene from Obama. She said Libya was where Romney “tripped himself up.” But she clearly helped.“The president kept looking at me, going you … and I thought, well, I did know that, I said, he, you, he did, call it an act of terror.” She then chastised Romney because “he picked that one wrong fact.”
Straight from Crowley's mouth on CNN after the deabate.
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/10/17/cnn...
Fact. Obama did call it an act of terror. Fact, Mitt claimed he did not. Fact. Crowley confirmed the fact Obama called it an act of terror. Fact. Mitt lied about what Obama said.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#23649 Oct 17, 2012
waco1909 wrote:
Pro I'll say this these debates aren't about who is right or who is wrong these debates are about who came off as winning the debate.
Yes, because the debates are all targeted to the swing voter that does not know his ass from a hole in the ground on politics.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#23650 Oct 17, 2012
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Pro, the exchange I liked best is when Obama could remember Romeny's overseas investments in China, but somehow didn't acknowledge he, too, had investments in China. For a man to claim to be as smart as Obama is and then say he didn't know what was in his pension or where his money was made him look not all that smart. I bet you everybody on here can tell you about their pension, retirement whatever you want to call it but Mr. Elitist is clueless on how and where his money is invested? I don't think so.
I see you fell for Mitt's diversion. What Mitt is referring to is Obama's mutual funds which are always diversified and out of the control of the investor.
Mitt's investments in China are quite different. They are major investments not in mutual funds.
You took the bait. Congratulations, you fell for textbook propaganda.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#23651 Oct 17, 2012
TSF wrote:
One troubling statement from the debate that no news people are talking about is Romney's self described plan to open more trade agreements with South America. Will people note that and remember NAFTA?
Will people remember that Roimney was a pioneer is using trade agreements to our ship jobs to China?
Mitt said last night, he wants to increase upon NAFTA.

I am quite sure all the conservatives here condemned NAFTA just a week ago or so.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#23652 Oct 17, 2012
emlu wrote:
<quoted text>WOOOOOOO, HOOOOOOOO, cut me I bleed Carolina Blue!!! I knew I was gonna like you.
You know it girl!!! Nothing better than a Carolina Blue sky I'm looking at today!!!

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#23653 Oct 17, 2012
waco1909 wrote:
I can't tell him what"Tarheel"means as I have no clue.I DO KNOW what a Nittany Lion is.....
Pine tar from trees that were a major industry in NC stuck to the feet of those cutting down the trees and left a trail of it on their path.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#23654 Oct 17, 2012
I have binders full of women. I will hire some women so it will look like I care about women because my policies do not help women.

I will make the economy so wonderful, women will stop complaining about making unfair wages.

I will take away places women can get health care.

I will take away any loophole in the taxes that will help you raising children.

Mrs. Crowley, let me tell you the rules of how this debate is supposed to go.

“ We are not permanent”

Since: Oct 08

Gaston County

#23655 Oct 17, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Fact. Obama did call it an act of terror. Fact, Mitt claimed he did not. Fact. Crowley confirmed the fact Obama called it an act of terror. Fact. Mitt lied about what Obama said.
Hey Dumbass.....below is the word for word transcript from Obama's speech in the Rose Garden the morning after.

"Of course, yesterday was already a painful day for our nation as we marked the solemn memory of the 9/11 attacks. We mourned with the families who were lost on that day. I visited the graves of troops who made the ultimate sacrifice in Iraq and Afghanistan at the hallowed grounds of Arlington Cemetery, and had the opportunity to say thank you and visit some of our wounded warriors at Walter Reed. And then last night, we learned the news of this attack in Benghazi.
As Americans, let us never, ever forget that our freedom is only sustained because there are people who are willing to fight for it, to stand up for it, and in some cases, lay down their lives for it. Our country is only as strong as the character of our people and the service of those both civilian and military who represent us around the globe.
No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for. Today we mourn four more Americans who represent the very best of the United States of America. We will not waver in our commitment to see that justice is done for this terrible act. And make no mistake, justice will be done."

"Act of Terror" was used in general and never used in conjuction with the Benghazi attack. Kind of like Clinton saying "he did not have sexual relations with that women", define sexual relations.

Furthermore, for days Obama stood by the argument that it was caused by the youtube video.

On September 30, Candy Crowley herself asked Sen. John McCain "why he thought it took the Obama administration 17 days after the Benghazi attacks to give a "sort of definitive statement" that terrorists orchestrated the attacks and not a video as stated before"

How selective the liberal memory is!

Location hidden

#23656 Oct 17, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I see you fell for Mitt's diversion. What Mitt is referring to is Obama's mutual funds which are always diversified and out of the control of the investor.
Mitt's investments in China are quite different. They are major investments not in mutual funds.
You took the bait. Congratulations, you fell for textbook propaganda.
Wrong Mike, an investor's money is never out of his control. Mutual funds aren't like Obamacare, where the government can force you to invest your money in something you don't want.

"mutual fund

NOUN:

An investment company that continually offers new shares and buys existing shares back at the request of the shareholder and uses its capital to invest in diversified securities of other companies."

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#23657 Oct 17, 2012
The Enemy Within wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Dumbass.....below is the word for word transcript from Obama's speech in the Rose Garden the morning after.
"Of course, yesterday was already a painful day for our nation as we marked the solemn memory of the 9/11 attacks. We mourned with the families who were lost on that day. I visited the graves of troops who made the ultimate sacrifice in Iraq and Afghanistan at the hallowed grounds of Arlington Cemetery, and had the opportunity to say thank you and visit some of our wounded warriors at Walter Reed. And then last night, we learned the news of this attack in Benghazi.
As Americans, let us never, ever forget that our freedom is only sustained because there are people who are willing to fight for it, to stand up for it, and in some cases, lay down their lives for it. Our country is only as strong as the character of our people and the service of those both civilian and military who represent us around the globe.
No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for. Today we mourn four more Americans who represent the very best of the United States of America. We will not waver in our commitment to see that justice is done for this terrible act. And make no mistake, justice will be done."
"Act of Terror" was used in general and never used in conjuction with the Benghazi attack. Kind of like Clinton saying "he did not have sexual relations with that women", define sexual relations.
Furthermore, for days Obama stood by the argument that it was caused by the youtube video.
On September 30, Candy Crowley herself asked Sen. John McCain "why he thought it took the Obama administration 17 days after the Benghazi attacks to give a "sort of definitive statement" that terrorists orchestrated the attacks and not a video as stated before"
Oh, so when he said acts of terror, he was talking about his breakfast? The whole statement was in regards to the attack. So if he said acts of terror, how do you remove it from the attack?
big tea party repub

United States

#23658 Oct 17, 2012
What you have here are two dumb shits
Obama is a water walker for the poor
And middle class Romney he is the kind
Of shit brain you have come in and dress
A company up and make it look like a dream
Buy we dont need ether cut spending 75%
Cut goverment 75% raise taxes 40%
On everybody fixed end of story

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#23659 Oct 17, 2012
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong Mike, an investor's money is never out of his control. Mutual funds aren't like Obamacare, where the government can force you to invest your money in something you don't want.
"mutual fund
NOUN:
An investment company that continually offers new shares and buys existing shares back at the request of the shareholder and uses its capital to invest in diversified securities of other companies."
So you are saying Obama needs to micro manage his mutual fund?
Mitt does not even manage his major investments. Mitt does not even have a job, so I am not sure why he cannot find the time.
Obama is busy trying to run a big country.

Again, you are fooled by the diversion.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#23660 Oct 17, 2012
It really looks clear to me, the republicans are trying to trump up a charge on Obama on this Libya thing because Obama has done well on foreign policy.

I think it is a low life tactic to do this. I think it is immoral to use the attack as a political weapon.

Location hidden

#23662 Oct 17, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So you are saying Obama needs to micro manage his mutual fund?
Mitt does not even manage his major investments. Mitt does not even have a job, so I am not sure why he cannot find the time.
Obama is busy trying to run a big country.
Again, you are fooled by the diversion.
Speaking of Obama not talking in general terms by using the term "acts of terror" in the Rose Garden speech, is that kind of like your statement in this post "Obama is busy TRYING to run a big country."? See how parsing of words make a difference? I'm glad you have acknowledged that he is TRYING to run the country instead of running it like he was elected to do.

I'm saying Obama or anyone should micro manage their money. Have you ever heard the saying "A fool and his money are soon parted?"
TSF

Kenly, NC

#23663 Oct 17, 2012
You are grabbing at straws . The statement clearly referred to the consulate attack and clearly defined it as an act of terror. More republikan lies.
The Enemy Within wrote:
<quoted text>

“ We are not permanent”

Since: Oct 08

Gaston County

#23664 Oct 17, 2012
TSF wrote:
<quoted text>You are grabbing at straws . The statement clearly referred to the consulate attack and clearly defined it as an act of terror. More republikan lies.
Kool-aid is to your right blind man.
LuLu

Lenoir, NC

#23666 Oct 17, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Fact. Obama did call it an act of terror. Fact, Mitt claimed he did not. Fact. Crowley confirmed the fact Obama called it an act of terror. Fact. Mitt lied about what Obama said.
"No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for." From the White House webpage. The only time the word terror mention in 12 paragraphs. I guess whether he called THAT attack, a "terror" attack is up to the individual.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlotte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News No Sign of Arson Yet in Latest Black Church Fire 2 hr Spotted Girl 3
Me Brain France Mr Nascar 10 hr Taxpayer 8
Are Southerners Stupid or do they just sound th... (Oct '08) 11 hr anonymous 4,835
Are All Yankee's Jerks or do the just ACT that ... (Jul '09) 14 hr I Hate Syracuse 268
Charlotte really SUCKS! (Aug '09) 22 hr Waco 1909 169
bggb (Aug '14) Jun 28 anonymous 166
Poll Confederate Flag Symbolizes: Jun 24 Bo Graham 0
More from around the web

Charlotte People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Charlotte Mortgages