TSF

Kenly, NC

#23618 Oct 17, 2012
Insisting on politicizing the deaths of our service personnel, even after Steven's own father had requested that not be done lost that issue for Twitt. Unbelievable. Low, even for Twitt.

“physics is your friend”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#23619 Oct 17, 2012
Bacon I think you hurt that guys feelings.I keep forgetting his name but it will come to me.Has something to do with farm animals I think....

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#23620 Oct 17, 2012
Well I saw the debate I believe someone on here, maybe Bacon, predicted a stronger showing for Obama and that did indeed happen.Looks like Hillary has thrown herself under the train for the team.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#23621 Oct 17, 2012
Pro I'll say this these debates aren't about who is right or who is wrong these debates are about who came off as winning the debate.

“ We are not permanent”

Since: Oct 08

Gaston County

#23622 Oct 17, 2012
TSF wrote:
Insisting on politicizing the deaths of our service personnel, even after Steven's own father had requested that not be done lost that issue for Twitt. Unbelievable. Low, even for Twitt.
The same deaths that Obama called "bumps in the road".

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#23623 Oct 17, 2012
waco1909 wrote:
Well I saw the debate I believe someone on here, maybe Bacon, predicted a stronger showing for Obama and that did indeed happen.Looks like Hillary has thrown herself under the train for the team.
Yet Hillary campaigned in '08 that "the buck stops at the White House!"
I guess that only applies when there's a Republican in the White House.
TSF

Kenly, NC

#23624 Oct 17, 2012
I think you are right about Hillary. But it just astounds me that they are letting the republikan congress ,wich CUT funding for foreign service security,off the responsibility hook.

Location hidden

#23625 Oct 17, 2012
emlu wrote:
<quoted text>I knew it was coming, Good AM Bacon, how are ya? "Twit" doesn't come close. Looks like round three, Romney will need to get tougher.
Morning Lu. I'm doing great. I call last night's debate a tie. I know the moderator had to help Obama out here and there, but still she and Obama together made it a 50/50 tie. To be honest, I was shocked that Romney was as tough as he was. I think I saw a headline maybe on Yahoo that said Obama won by a small margin, but this wasn't the debate that counted as much as the first one was. After a while we became disinterested because she lost control of the debate and when the candidates started talking over each other and she's throwing in her 2 cents worth, it became a free for all and we didn't hear half the answers. There's one more debate, but I don't think it's going to make a difference. People have pretty much made up their minds by now and it's all over but the voting.

As far as the Topix village idiot, I've had enough of him and his childish ways. Enough's enough and too much is nasty and he's nasty and ignorant.

Location hidden

#23626 Oct 17, 2012
TSF wrote:
I think you are right about Hillary. But it just astounds me that they are letting the republikan congress ,wich CUT funding for foreign service security,off the responsibility hook.
Republicans control the house, democrats control the Senate, it's a bi-partisan congress.

Location hidden

#23627 Oct 17, 2012
I like how Obama totally side stepped the question of Mr. Chu and the fuel prices, evidence he has NO clue!

Location hidden

#23628 Oct 17, 2012
TSF wrote:
Romneys MATHEMATICALLY IMPOSSIBLE economic plan is basically " and they all lived happily ever after". Obama slammed him on that one. All Twitt could do was twitch.
I think you'll find on Nov 7th that more people agree with Romney's economic plan than Obama's failed class warfare policies.

Location hidden

#23629 Oct 17, 2012
Pro-American wrote:
I like how Obama totally side stepped the question of Mr. Chu and the fuel prices, evidence he has NO clue!
Pro, the exchange I liked best is when Obama could remember Romeny's overseas investments in China, but somehow didn't acknowledge he, too, had investments in China. For a man to claim to be as smart as Obama is and then say he didn't know what was in his pension or where his money was made him look not all that smart. I bet you everybody on here can tell you about their pension, retirement whatever you want to call it but Mr. Elitist is clueless on how and where his money is invested? I don't think so.

TSF

Kenly, NC

#23630 Oct 17, 2012
Maybe, maybe not, but in any case my vote will not be for "they all lived happily ever afer". As much as everyone would like to believe that fantasy, the numbers show that model to be impossible.
I think it depends on memory. Will Hispanics remember that Twitt wants "self deportation"? Will public workers, firefighters, policemen, etc remember the republikan attacks on them? Will teachers remember the republikan attacks on them? Will 47% of voters remember the crack that they will not even be considered? Will military personel remember that republikans want to cut medical benefits to wounded vetrans? Will pensioners remember how deregulation ( Enron, Worldcom etc) decimated their retirement funds?Will the public remember the crashing of the banks by deregulation? Will they even remember that Twitt wants deregulation, again? Will women remember that Twitt wants to outlaw birth control? Will seniors remember that Twitt plans to give them vouchers instead of allowing them to remain in the medicare system? will seniors remember that Twitt wants to privatize social security (again remember Enron)? Will the public remember that tax cuts have failed to raise tax revenue twice in the last 20 years? Do many people still believe in that model (described by Bush 1 as voodo economics and proven by experiment)?

On class warfare: Middle income has increased 40% while upper income has increased 276%. Class warfare on the middle class has been quite effective.
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>I think you'll find on Nov 7th that more people agree with Romney's economic plan than Obama's failed class warfare policies.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#23631 Oct 17, 2012
Last week the CNN poll after the debate said ROMNEY kicked ass.The poll this time had Obama with a 7 percent edge not as good as Romney the previous week but a big improvement.
TSF

Kenly, NC

#23632 Oct 17, 2012
One troubling statement from the debate that no news people are talking about is Romney's self described plan to open more trade agreements with South America. Will people note that and remember NAFTA?
Will people remember that Roimney was a pioneer is using trade agreements to our ship jobs to China?

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#23633 Oct 17, 2012
Bacon my great nephew has a question.He's going to college on scholarship.Has it narrowed down to two places.Duke and North Carolina.For law.

Location hidden

#23634 Oct 17, 2012
waco1909 wrote:
Bacon my great nephew has a question.He's going to college on scholarship.Has it narrowed down to two places.Duke and North Carolina.For law.
Both are great schools. I'm a dyed in the wool Carolina fan, but IMO, he won't go wrong at either school. Pretty much comparing apples to apples.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#23635 Oct 17, 2012
NC is known for some good schools.Of course I told him that NC STATE was no option at all.I hold grudges.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#23636 Oct 17, 2012
I can't tell him what"Tarheel"means as I have no clue.I DO KNOW what a Nittany Lion is.....

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#23637 Oct 17, 2012
waco1909 wrote:
NC is known for some good schools.Of course I told him that NC STATE was no option at all.I hold grudges.
State does not have a law school. State is mostly known for, agriculture, engineering and vet schools.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlotte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Charlotte's uptown New Year's Eve party is moving 1 hr Anthony Holloway 1
Peter Demas-no worries (Jul '10) 2 hr Demas 123
Legit massage for wife? 2 hr PropertyGuyCLT 5
Fun Stuff: Things to do for New Year's Eve 2 hr PropertyGuyCLT 1
can someone explain this to me? 4 hr Retired 3
Where Did the Devil Come From? (May '08) 12 hr Gary Coaldigger 414
Loomis Fargo Heist smarty pants...where are the... 19 hr Sparky 1
Charlotte Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web