Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...

“Vote”

Since: May 12

Houston

#23631 Oct 17, 2012
Last week the CNN poll after the debate said ROMNEY kicked ass.The poll this time had Obama with a 7 percent edge not as good as Romney the previous week but a big improvement.
TSF

Fayetteville, NC

#23632 Oct 17, 2012
One troubling statement from the debate that no news people are talking about is Romney's self described plan to open more trade agreements with South America. Will people note that and remember NAFTA?
Will people remember that Roimney was a pioneer is using trade agreements to our ship jobs to China?

“Vote”

Houston

#23633 Oct 17, 2012
Bacon my great nephew has a question.He's going to college on scholarship.Has it narrowed down to two places.Duke and North Carolina.For law.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#23634 Oct 17, 2012
waco1909 wrote:
Bacon my great nephew has a question.He's going to college on scholarship.Has it narrowed down to two places.Duke and North Carolina.For law.
Both are great schools. I'm a dyed in the wool Carolina fan, but IMO, he won't go wrong at either school. Pretty much comparing apples to apples.

“Vote”

Houston

#23635 Oct 17, 2012
NC is known for some good schools.Of course I told him that NC STATE was no option at all.I hold grudges.

“Vote”

Houston

#23636 Oct 17, 2012
I can't tell him what"Tarheel"means as I have no clue.I DO KNOW what a Nittany Lion is.....

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#23637 Oct 17, 2012
waco1909 wrote:
NC is known for some good schools.Of course I told him that NC STATE was no option at all.I hold grudges.
State does not have a law school. State is mostly known for, agriculture, engineering and vet schools.

Location hidden

#23638 Oct 17, 2012
waco1909 wrote:
I can't tell him what"Tarheel"means as I have no clue.I DO KNOW what a Nittany Lion is.....
Tarheels, bah. My brother and I were talked to by Penn State recruiters a few times while in high school. I like their uniforms. Plain jane.

Location hidden

#23639 Oct 17, 2012
TSF wrote:
Maybe, maybe not, but in any case my vote will not be for "they all lived happily ever afer". As much as everyone would like to believe that fantasy, the numbers show that model to be impossible.
I think it depends on memory. Will Hispanics remember that Twitt wants "self deportation"? Will public workers, firefighters, policemen, etc remember the republikan attacks on them? Will teachers remember the republikan attacks on them? Will 47% of voters remember the crack that they will not even be considered? Will military personel remember that republikans want to cut medical benefits to wounded vetrans? Will pensioners remember how deregulation ( Enron, Worldcom etc) decimated their retirement funds?Will the public remember the crashing of the banks by deregulation? Will they even remember that Twitt wants deregulation, again? Will women remember that Twitt wants to outlaw birth control? Will seniors remember that Twitt plans to give them vouchers instead of allowing them to remain in the medicare system? will seniors remember that Twitt wants to privatize social security (again remember Enron)? Will the public remember that tax cuts have failed to raise tax revenue twice in the last 20 years? Do many people still believe in that model (described by Bush 1 as voodo economics and proven by experiment)?
On class warfare: Middle income has increased 40% while upper income has increased 276%. Class warfare on the middle class has been quite effective.
<quoted text>
Put down the pipe or lay off the Red Bull. You spinning hard this morning. Or you bucking for a job on Axelrod's staff?

Location hidden

#23640 Oct 17, 2012
Excuse me mr president I find it extremely offensive when...

you hide the fact it was a terrorist attack on American sovereignty

you spin a story about some idependent movie to hide your inaction or sleeping at the wheel

failed to respond appropriately to protect American lives

sacrificing those lives in order to gain sympathy votes

and then have the nerve to say it is offensive to talk about your failure on the matter in a public forum..

sorry mr president, I will be casting my vote for your opponent willingly because I do not believe you and do not believe you have Amercia's security as a vested interest...

“Vote”

Houston

#23642 Oct 17, 2012
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Tarheels, bah. My brother and I were talked to by Penn State recruiters a few times while in high school. I like their uniforms. Plain jane.
Yeah Penn State was known for"physical"play.

Location hidden

#23643 Oct 17, 2012
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Yeah Penn State was known for"physical"play.
Duely noted..

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#23644 Oct 17, 2012
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
Excuse me mr president I find it extremely offensive when...
you hide the fact it was a terrorist attack on American sovereignty
you spin a story about some idependent movie to hide your inaction or sleeping at the wheel
failed to respond appropriately to protect American lives
sacrificing those lives in order to gain sympathy votes
and then have the nerve to say it is offensive to talk about your failure on the matter in a public forum..
sorry mr president, I will be casting my vote for your opponent willingly because I do not believe you and do not believe you have Amercia's security as a vested interest...
Silver, this struck me as the biggest bunch of BS last night by Obama. As a CPA, how many of your clients are clueless about there pensions, where and what they are invested in? Obama jumped right up to point out to Romney that he has invested in China, but suddenly didn't know until Romney pointed out that he, too, had investments in China. When Obama tried to play it off that he didn't know about his own money, I looked at it two ways: 1. no wonder he clearly doesn't understand what's wrong with our economy and 2. if he's that careless of a steward with his own his money, what makes me think he cares about mine.
When I asked you the question about an investment I had, you better believe I knew the amount I had in the account and who was the account holder.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#23645 Oct 17, 2012
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Mike, Pro was right:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =athcyCTnTTsXX&amp
Be careful throwing around the names of farm animals like "bull", you'll get big tea party repub excited :)
Not sure what you see in the video, but I see her confirming Obama did say it was an act of terror.
Of course he did not say it as Mitt wished he would have said it, but who gives a shit what Mitt wishes for?

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#23646 Oct 17, 2012
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Pro, the exchange I liked best is when Obama could remember Romeny's overseas investments in China, but somehow didn't acknowledge he, too, had investments in China. For a man to claim to be as smart as Obama is and then say he didn't know what was in his pension or where his money was made him look not all that smart. I bet you everybody on here can tell you about their pension, retirement whatever you want to call it but Mr. Elitist is clueless on how and where his money is invested? I don't think so.
WOOOOOOO, HOOOOOOOO, cut me I bleed Carolina Blue!!! I knew I was gonna like you.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#23647 Oct 17, 2012
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text> You should check your facts before you respond, just like the moderator should have! Read the transcriptfor yourself!
First, she shouldn't have responded to begin with
Second, she didn't even have her facts correct
This LIE is really going to be exposed in the next debate, the foreign policy debate. Can't wait for MORE of Obama's failed policies to new highlighted!
I wonder if Axlerod will strongarm Bob Schieffer before next debate?
Bull.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#23648 Oct 17, 2012
The Enemy Within wrote:
<quoted text>
"Afterward, CNN’s post-debate analysis team focused heavily on that point and Crowley herself admitted Romney had been right “in the main.” She said Romney “picked the wrong way to go about talking about it.” She also emphasized that each point she made also generated applause from one half of the audience, then the other.
But Crowley also admitted she took her cue to intervene from Obama. She said Libya was where Romney “tripped himself up.” But she clearly helped.“The president kept looking at me, going you … and I thought, well, I did know that, I said, he, you, he did, call it an act of terror.” She then chastised Romney because “he picked that one wrong fact.”
Straight from Crowley's mouth on CNN after the deabate.
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/10/17/cnn...
Fact. Obama did call it an act of terror. Fact, Mitt claimed he did not. Fact. Crowley confirmed the fact Obama called it an act of terror. Fact. Mitt lied about what Obama said.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#23649 Oct 17, 2012
waco1909 wrote:
Pro I'll say this these debates aren't about who is right or who is wrong these debates are about who came off as winning the debate.
Yes, because the debates are all targeted to the swing voter that does not know his ass from a hole in the ground on politics.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#23650 Oct 17, 2012
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Pro, the exchange I liked best is when Obama could remember Romeny's overseas investments in China, but somehow didn't acknowledge he, too, had investments in China. For a man to claim to be as smart as Obama is and then say he didn't know what was in his pension or where his money was made him look not all that smart. I bet you everybody on here can tell you about their pension, retirement whatever you want to call it but Mr. Elitist is clueless on how and where his money is invested? I don't think so.
I see you fell for Mitt's diversion. What Mitt is referring to is Obama's mutual funds which are always diversified and out of the control of the investor.
Mitt's investments in China are quite different. They are major investments not in mutual funds.
You took the bait. Congratulations, you fell for textbook propaganda.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#23651 Oct 17, 2012
TSF wrote:
One troubling statement from the debate that no news people are talking about is Romney's self described plan to open more trade agreements with South America. Will people note that and remember NAFTA?
Will people remember that Roimney was a pioneer is using trade agreements to our ship jobs to China?
Mitt said last night, he wants to increase upon NAFTA.

I am quite sure all the conservatives here condemned NAFTA just a week ago or so.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlotte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Avenue Z Graphics (Jul '08) 13 hr ARC 12
Western Carolina University: Notorious Reputati... 22 hr Justin 3
Biogel Injections (Feb '10) 23 hr Remy89 173
family in need of a helping hand Fri true person 1
Why are Southerners rude in action, but pretend... (Jan '13) Fri Timmy_ 257
Let's See Who's A REAL Charlottean! (Jan '08) Fri TimMechEngr 92
New to charlotte, looking for boy what's good? Jun 23 In4oneNight 19
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Charlotte Mortgages