Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

TSF wrote:
If we cut off welfare to the low life rich--the USA saves $1.3 trillion dollars.
If we cut off welfare to the poor, the USA saves 0.8 trillion dollars.
If we cut off welfare to everyone, the USA would save $2.1 trillion dollars, there would be a budget surplus and the national debt could be paid off in less than 10 years.
But congress will not vote for that. The rich would then have no reasons to bribe them and congressmen would have to scrape by on only around $150,000 per year instead of the millions they now get for insider trading info , bribes(PAC checks) etc.
lenoir55 wrote:
Most of the rich give the difference in charitable donations, the MC and the poor do not. Romney gave almost 30%,$4M, in charitable donations, Obama gave 21%,$172K, Biden gave 1.5%,$5,540.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Pro, I am just curious as the whether you place a greater value on monetary gain over the well being of human lives?

“ We are not permanent”

Since: Oct 08

Gaston County

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
Pro, I am just curious as the whether you place a greater value on monetary gain over the well being of human lives?
Arnold...... Just ask the question you really want to ask. You know there is no one on this forum who would pick money over life.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
No, but I do believe in individualism and self responsibility.

“ We are not permanent”

Gaston County

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

TSF wrote:
<quoted text> Having the rich pay the SAME RATE as everyone is not giving more to the poor. It is simply requiring everyone to carry their share of the load.
Hey, it seems to be your idea but I'll support everyone carrying their fair share 100%.

I have never been for GIVING anyone anything anyways.
big tea party repub

Thomasville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

No life and must be on something up day and night

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text> Most of the rich give the difference in charitable donations, the MC and the poor do not. Romney gave almost 30%,$4M, in charitable donations, Obama gave 21%,$172K, Biden gave 1.5%,$5,540.
This leads me to a question? How can Obama, who claimed an income of $789,674, afford the new construction of a $35M house in Hawaii? To put that in perspective, that's like someone who makes $78k a year building a $3.5M house! Who's financing this McMansion? Must be Fannie Mae and another one of Barney Frank's sweetheart deals!

“ We are not permanent”

Gaston County

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>This leads me to a question? How can Obama, who claimed an income of $789,674, afford the new construction of a $35M house in Hawaii? To put that in perspective, that's like someone who makes $78k a year building a $3.5M house! Who's financing this McMansion? Must be Fannie Mae and another one of Barney Frank's sweetheart deals!
That's easy. I know you have heard of the terms "government math" & "fuzzy math".

He is using the "government calculator". It operates on a totally different scale than you and I are used to.

“ We are not permanent”

Gaston County

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>This leads me to a question? How can Obama, who claimed an income of $789,674, afford the new construction of a $35M house in Hawaii? To put that in perspective, that's like someone who makes $78k a year building a $3.5M house! Who's financing this McMansion? Must be Fannie Mae and another one of Barney Frank's sweetheart deals!
Although it is quite funny he was worth only 1.3 million in 2008. 10 million dollar gain since then. That is quite the return for for years.

“ We are not permanent”

Gaston County

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Four not for

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text> I'll ask again, has a poor man ever offered you a job?
I'll ask you again.will a rich man cook his own food'will he staff his own factories? will he wash his own car? Make his own suits? Without the middle class buying goods and the poor buying essentials...the rich man becomes a poor man.Do you grasp the simple fact that bankrupting the middle class and starving the poor leaves the rich with none to buy their manufactured goods and foodstuffs?
TSF

Kenly, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Unless you can prove "most of the rich give the difference in charitable donations", I will throw the BS flag because I just do not believe that one.

Also gifts to ones own family are not necessarily charitable donations. If that were true, I would owe no taxes almost every year..
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text> Most of the rich give the difference in charitable donations, the MC and the poor do not. Romney gave almost 30%,$4M, in charitable donations, Obama gave 21%,$172K, Biden gave 1.5%,$5,540.
TSF

Kenly, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Maybe he borrowed the credit from the republikan congress.
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text> This leads me to a question? How can Obama, who claimed an income of $789,674, afford the new construction of a $35M house in Hawaii? To put that in perspective, that's like someone who makes $78k a year building a $3.5M house! Who's financing this McMansion? Must be Fannie Mae and another one of Barney Frank's sweetheart deals!
big tea party repub

Oak Ridge, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

One more thing your one or two Jehovah kids on here playing you should go to public school your mamma and daddy dont know shit about home school you creepy evil little shits or is it just momma know why your daddys not there he hates your evil little guts little bastards
Taxpayer

Point Harbor, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

waco1909 wrote:
"There is nothing I dread so much as a division of the Republic, each arranged under its leader and concerting measures in opposition to each other". "This is to be dreaded, in my humble opinion, as the greatest political evil under our constitution". JOHN ADAMS
Adams said this because like Washington, Adams wanted the Federalist Party to stay in power. Washington and Adams were both opportunist and knew how to walk on the backs of others and their efforts.
If our freedom from British rule was left them or anyone in the continental congress we would still be under British rule.

The same goes for the people in this government. As we leave our freedom and liberty for them to protect it will be lost.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> I'll ask you again.will a rich man cook his own food'will he staff his own factories? will he wash his own car? Make his own suits? Without the middle class buying goods and the poor buying essentials...the rich man becomes a poor man.Do you grasp the simple fact that bankrupting the middle class and starving the poor leaves the rich with none to buy their manufactured goods and foodstuffs?
Well, lets see.....I'm considered in to be in the 5% and a job creator, yet I still work at my business, I cook,(when the wife doesn't want to), I clean my own house, wash my own cars, etc...
I'm assuming you're speaking of the filthy rich. Isn't cleaning his house, washing his cars, etc...considered jobs? Aren't they being compensated?
It's not bankrupting the middle class, put the kool-aid down.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text> No, but I do believe in individualism and self responsibility.
Do you?If that were true....if you believed in self responsibility...then of course you wouldn't need the cops if someone shot you in the leg and stole your car? and if your house caught on fire not only would it be your fault for it catching fire (self responsibility) but you would put it out yourself.(self responsibility).You think you live in a vacuum? Before the republican party is done they will destroy this country as a functioning entity.The republican party represents entropy.When the republican part finally succeeds in its goal of concentrating all of the wealth of America in the top what will happen is what always happens.Not civil war.REVOLUTION!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Do you?If that were true....if you believed in self responsibility...then of course you wouldn't need the cops if someone shot you in the leg and stole your car? and if your house caught on fire not only would it be your fault for it catching fire (self responsibility) but you would put it out yourself.(self responsibility).You think you live in a vacuum? Before the republican party is done they will destroy this country as a functioning entity.The republican party represents entropy.When the republican part finally succeeds in its goal of concentrating all of the wealth of America in the top what will happen is what always happens.Not civil war.REVOLUTION!
Waco, you know what he's talking about when he spoke about self responsibility. You didn't mention the police/fire department in your post he responded to. Who takes care of you? If I'm not mistaken, you are self sufficient and if you pay taxes, you've paid for the fire and police department. If the wealthy employ people to do their work and pay them a decent wage and many do, hey, it's a job. They're giving someone a chance to earn a paycheck. I know plenty of people that make a pretty good living cleaning houses and businesses. It's not different than someone paying a lawn service to maintain their lawns. Lawn companies are usually small businesses and this helps them. You're the one that's living in a vacuum.
big tea party repub

Dayton, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Yes Waco smart choice why dont you go out to you shed get your stock pile of arms fire the frist shot please your one man army sound real good go a head make the cops and my day please you have no life go for it red neck im begging you to do it even if all two or three of you did that its going to be funny if all these red necks are so bad ass try it and see how far you get just talk pussys whole bunch of you you couldnt defend shit

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Waco, you know what he's talking about when he spoke about self responsibility. You didn't mention the police/fire department in your post he responded to. Who takes care of you? If I'm not mistaken, you are self sufficient and if you pay taxes, you've paid for the fire and police department. If the wealthy employ people to do their work and pay them a decent wage and many do, hey, it's a job. They're giving someone a chance to earn a paycheck. I know plenty of people that make a pretty good living cleaning houses and businesses. It's not different than someone paying a lawn service to maintain their lawns. Lawn companies are usually small businesses and this helps them. You're the one that's living in a vacuum.
The point I'm trying to make is simple.We all need one another.I could have gone further.Did he make his own car? We all know auto makers in Japan and Detroit pay good wages.I'm not living in a vacuum you are.You live in a state of denial.Those lawn companies you talk of? They hardly ever pay that well to the people doing the work.Almost NEVER PROVIDE HEALTH benefits.So these lawn care workers make money.With no health coverage.You may not know this bacon, it may come as a shock to you, but you are upper class financially.I come from the"lower class".I may have some money now.I'm"middle lower class"financially . Bacon you and your husband"came up"as well.Much further than me which reflects well on the two of you.We all operate according to our inherent abilities as well.Bacon you are one of the most creative and intelligent people on Topix.You have more character in your little finger than some multimillionaires I could name.Intelligence itself is a blessing.I know a guy who works at Dennys.Despite a pretty severe handicap.Doesn't make much money.No medical benefits.But by gosh he WORKS! But....if he needs an expensive medical procedure....he's out of luck.Pro would say the man was not self-sufficient because he can't afford health care.I disagree.He performs to the limit off his ABILITIES! And...I'M living in a vacuum?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Charlotte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wachovia Customers Beware Wells Fargo Online Bi... (Apr '11) 13 hr Akita96th 127
Trolls posting "Southerner" threads 19 hr leslis 10
Forbes - Charlotte In Top 10 Most Miserable Cities (Feb '08) Thu Ura Dickhole 65
Charlotte agency offers low-cost hearing aids f... Aug 20 Jessie 2
Biogel Injections (Feb '10) Aug 20 chrissy nunya 129
DIRECTV Referral Code at Maximum savings (Costc... (Aug '12) Aug 18 Yueyang Chen 62
CMPD: 2 police officers shot in northeast Charl... Aug 17 JimmyJ 1

Search the Charlotte Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Charlotte Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Charlotte People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE