Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Carolina in 2010?

Posted in the Charlotte Forum

Comments (Page 1,134)

Showing posts 22,661 - 22,680 of54,928
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
I actually do know an atheist I can talk to and have and he wouldn't have anything to do with you. He's edcuated, doesn't answer questions with questions as you do, he's probably a little younger than you although I'm not certain of your age, but he definitely seems younger in his thought process and here's the kicker, he is so CONSERVATIVE politically. He would make Silver look plum liberal in his views on segregation. He's polite and as I said about TSF, he talks to you, not at you. He's explained many things about atheism to me and he, as you, also was at one time a christian. He's just a well spoken, educated guy, that adores his wife and children and talks very little about being an atheist unless asked. Unlike you, his atheism doesn't define him.
To be honest, I didn't read the first part of your post because you can ramble on all you want; however, in my ignorance I managed to read the part about knowing an atheist and I do. I still find you amoral and I'll be praying for you big guy.
So you did not read the first part of the post? I am sure you are just running from my sound logic and your display of flawed logic.

Here it is again, if you can find the balls to defend your philosophies.

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Let me get this straight. You say I am apathetic to causes that is not my cause? And you are? First, you do not know all I care about. If you do, then you must be all knowing like a god. So clearly you are just assuming as always and we know your assumptions are wrong most of the time.
In general, you post makes no sense. Are you empathetic to those on welfare? Is Silver empathetic to blacks?
It only stands to reason one is going to sound more empathetic to the causes he champions.
It stands to reason one is not going to sound as empathetic to concepts he is against.
Morals are turned into laws. You seem to have things backwards. Laws do not make morals.
Why would you think I only answer to myself? Clearly you are assuming again. Likely based upon false religious propaganda.
I answer to all of society. I answer to my loved ones. I listen to my conscience.
You show the stereotypical ideas of an ignorant theist telling an atheist what he is. How can you know? You have never been an atheist. Do you study what atheists think? Please tell us where you get your information on atheism? Church pamphlets?
You know an atheist you can ask instead of assuming. You have yet to ask. Common for the ignorant.
In contrast, I asked why you pray.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>We atheists come in many ways. We have no ruler demanding what we are to be as with theists.
You sound as if you like this racist, republican atheist. Figures. He seems to be in line with your values.
Seems as if someone is a racist and a republican, you like them no matter what.
You're right I do like him. We don't agree on religion, but as I said, his atheism doesn't define who he is.

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

big tea party repub wrote:
Say something sensible like you like I said mike duqette Arnold ziffel 2016 im mean you voted Obama hell go with it
VOTING FOR OBAMA you little Bitch.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

I see fox news Chris Wallace called out the lie of Mitt Romney and his claim of six independent studies show his plan adds up.
Turns out some the 'studies' Mitt is claiming were just op ed articles by conservatives.
The studies were ALL from conservative think tanks.

Clear proof Mitt lied to 'win' the debate.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right I do like him. We don't agree on religion, but as I said, his atheism doesn't define who he is.
Sounds like his racism does. Thus you like him.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So you did not read the first part of the post? I am sure you are just running from my sound logic and your display of flawed logic.
Here it is again, if you can find the balls to defend your philosophies.
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Let me get this straight. You say I am apathetic to causes that is not my cause? And you are? First, you do not know all I care about. If you do, then you must be all knowing like a god. So clearly you are just assuming as always and we know your assumptions are wrong most of the time.
In general, you post makes no sense. Are you empathetic to those on welfare? Is Silver empathetic to blacks?
It only stands to reason one is going to sound more empathetic to the causes he champions.
It stands to reason one is not going to sound as empathetic to concepts he is against.
Morals are turned into laws. You seem to have things backwards. Laws do not make morals.
Why would you think I only answer to myself? Clearly you are assuming again. Likely based upon false religious propaganda.
I answer to all of society. I answer to my loved ones. I listen to my conscience.
You show the stereotypical ideas of an ignorant theist telling an atheist what he is. How can you know? You have never been an atheist. Do you study what atheists think? Please tell us where you get your information on atheism? Church pamphlets?
You know an atheist you can ask instead of assuming. You have yet to ask. Common for the ignorant.
In contrast, I asked why you pray.
Mike, it doesn't take an all knowing god to know from your posts that the only thing that you care about is staying on Topix, arguing politics, whining about the injustices to the black man and gays. Arnold's black and he doesn't whine like you do. It's ok to support something, but cheese and crackers man, you're one hair this side of being unhinged about these causes. Mike, read your own posts, you're selfish unless a cause is your cause and I listed them above. You are apathetic and as I said earlier, you were already on Lu like white on rice before you knew you had crossed the line and you would appear socially incorrect and the hardass you are about the death of her child. With you great reasoning powers, couldn't you read her post and draw from it that she had a child that had died? You tried some song and dance about a hypothetical, but it was BS. Again, you are amoral because you can't see past your causes. I'm sick of playing semantics with you.

I pray because I want to.
big tea party repub

Statesville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Waco you cant vote cons have no rights

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds like his racism does. Thus you like him.
Sounds like a lot of assuming by you Mike. Isn't that something you don't like?
big tea party repub

Bishopville, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

One thing about it chicken George cant protect his spades down there still saying yesom masar wish he would play poker down there no he is playing in Ohio with no diamonds that boys stupid

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like a lot of assuming by you Mike. Isn't that something you don't like?
It is clear to me, Silver's racism defines him. You said he is at least as racist as Silver, so it stands to reason. And seeing as how you will not respond to most of my questions, I have to guess.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Mike, it doesn't take an all knowing god to know from your posts that the only thing that you care about is staying on Topix, arguing politics, whining about the injustices to the black man and gays. Arnold's black and he doesn't whine like you do. It's ok to support something, but cheese and crackers man, you're one hair this side of being unhinged about these causes. Mike, read your own posts, you're selfish unless a cause is your cause and I listed them above. You are apathetic and as I said earlier, you were already on Lu like white on rice before you knew you had crossed the line and you would appear socially incorrect and the hardass you are about the death of her child. With you great reasoning powers, couldn't you read her post and draw from it that she had a child that had died? You tried some song and dance about a hypothetical, but it was BS. Again, you are amoral because you can't see past your causes. I'm sick of playing semantics with you.
Nice rant. Good way to run from the fact I showed your portrayal of amoral was incorrect.
You try to speculate my motives for apologizing as not being of sympathy so you can keep your view of me as apathetic.

You have not showed my as not having empathy for things other than the causes I speak of here. You just assume.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny you listed I only argue about race and gays, yet it is religion that we are debating now.

It is so easy to prove you wrong.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Funny you listed I only argue about race and gays, yet it is religion that we are debating now.
It is so easy to prove you wrong.
Mike, that's only because you always say my god says being gay is wrong and that's my reason for saying so, therefore you introduce religion into the argument. It's difficult to differentiate the two with you because you can't make the argument without bringing up my "mythical god." Then if something is said about race, you also say it's because of my "mythical god." Find one mantra and stick to it man. Make your points without interjecting religion into them. Your atheism is always the backbone of your arguments, try something new. It's pretty easy to prove you wrong because you're so predictable.

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

big tea party repub wrote:
Waco you cant vote cons have no rights
Better run my record again dip.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Mike, that's only because you always say my god says being gay is wrong and that's my reason for saying so, therefore you introduce religion into the argument. It's difficult to differentiate the two with you because you can't make the argument without bringing up my "mythical god." Then if something is said about race, you also say it's because of my "mythical god." Find one mantra and stick to it man. Make your points without interjecting religion into them. Your atheism is always the backbone of your arguments, try something new. It's pretty easy to prove you wrong because you're so predictable.
You wish to insist your religion dictates your policies, and you wish me not to address that? Double standards seem to be the trend of you religious republicans.
big tea party repub

Dandridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Whats wrong pill head are you witnessing you Gods gov piece Yankee trash you going to dig some bodys up Oct 31 jerk off on them and start witnessing to Obama I mean Jehovah that shit you take is fucking your mind up we are going to help you with your problem you will thank us in the end your just sick very sick it like being gay its a sickness
big tea party repub

Dandridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

I can you want me to know all about truckers I know its hard to find a good one and when you do keep em

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

TSF wrote:
Cutting spending 1.7% in 2012 was a good thing because that amounted to $204 billion dollars that we (the USA) didn't have to borrow from the Chinese.
"A fair " tax is nebulous and depends of the perspective of the person having to pay. A "flat tax" would be a system where EVERYONE pays the same RATE on ALL income.
Suppose person A made $50,000 in a year and person B made $1,000,000 from capital gains in a year.
In our present system, person A would pay around 28% or $14,000 in taxes, leaving him $36,000 for food, car payments, property taxes, medical expense, medicine etc. Person A cannot afford to get sick or even miss one day of work. Person A doesn't think the tax rate is fair because he has no savings despite all his hard work.
Person B would theoretically pay around $140,000 in taxes, leaving him $860,000 for food, car payments, property taxes, etc. If person A and person B live about the same style, then person be has $824,000 to put in the bank/invest and add to his net worth and improve next year's capital gain income. Person B thinks the tax rate is unfair because he had to pay more than person A and never worked a day..
The problem is that neither of these persons ( A and B) understand what the word PERCENTAGE RATE means or that our tax structure is based on percentage rate of income.
In a flat tax system of say 28% for everyone, person B would owe $280,000 in taxes, leaving him $720,000 . If his living expenses were say $36,000, he would still have $684,000 to add to his net worth at the end of the year.
<quoted text>
The "fair tax" eliminates capital gains taxes, federal income taxes, etc... So if someone makes $500 a week, they bring home $500 a week, minus state income tax,(that rate depends on the state), thus leaving them more money to spend. The govt makes up the loss of taxes when one makes a purchase. Since the sales tax covers the loss of the imbedded taxes, it's a wash, products end up costing about the same. The people have more money to spend, the govt earns money when we spend it instead of taking it off the top!
I suggest everyone read the book!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing wrong with working at McDonalds. Pay may not be great, but it's an honest living and helps many people put food on their table and keep a roof over their head. I don't laugh a anybody's job, especially if they're fortunate to have one and that's not a joke :):):)
You'd be supprised at what a shift manager makes a year, much less a store manager! And I agree with you, alreast they're working!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So it is all about the wording and not the actual policy? I see.
The policy reflects the wording, duh!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 22,661 - 22,680 of54,928
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

15 Users are viewing the Charlotte Forum right now

Search the Charlotte Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
I Love Black Women (May '11) 10 hr Wong 229
Debate: Marijuana - Charlotte, NC (Aug '10) Sat fed up 106
Are Southerners Stupid or do they just sound th... (Oct '08) Sat Timmy_ 4,822
LIEF COACH busted (Feb '13) Sat Walter 32
dog food Sat godsSon 7
Holy Spirit Condemnation!. Jul 11 Sammy 1
Belmont cycle shop moves shop Jul 10 Hey 7
•••
•••