Comments
22,461 - 22,480 of 59,085 Comments Last updated 27 min ago

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#23167 Oct 14, 2012
Taxpayer wrote:
big tea party repub wrote:
Say bye bye to big bird and the duck billed tribe its going to nice with out them.
<quoted text>
Just more of your public school teaching at its best.
Clearly he did not finish his schooling. Tea party republican is clearly a dropout.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#23168 Oct 14, 2012
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
That was funny video. Agree with the man's sentiments. Only thing I owe anyone is to the bank and the life debt to my wife. Both, I will gladly pay long before I give a handout or entitlement.
What you and the person in the video do not seem to realize is, you are doing what you condemn.

The guy is condemning what he feels is racism from blacks, and is thus racist due to it.
Some blacks do the same. It is wrong in either case.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#23169 Oct 14, 2012
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
That was funny video. Agree with the man's sentiments. Only thing I owe anyone is to the bank and the life debt to my wife. Both, I will gladly pay long before I give a handout or entitlement.
So your own family and you benefited from handouts in times of need, but you refuse to return the favor?
You know if you lived in a country were handouts never came and your family was to poor to feed you, you would be dead right now.
You see, our society recognizes your give me attitude that refuses to give in return, so it forces you to give.

Yes, it is kind of sad that force must be used to do this, but when so many are greedy bastards like yourself, that is what we must do to keep a good society.
big tea party repub

United States

#23170 Oct 14, 2012
One thing about Mr mike Mr big gov Mr gods gov you keep witnessing nobody listening your so much smarter than everybody if you are so smart quit living off the goverment you and your other scabs make your own money quit robbing us stop push your gods goverment down our throuts get your own healthcare to if your so smart

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#23171 Oct 14, 2012
What is a handout....and what is not a handout..it benefits this country to have as many people as possible attend college...do you make it hard for them to go...or easier....guess that depends on how you look at it folks.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#23172 Oct 14, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Not what I said at all. If you dispute this, then show my post. It was only yesterday that I talked about this, so it should not be hard to find.
Show me where I said "it was the best I could do".
Quote by Mike Duquette aka Ballerina:

"I do worry about a lot of things. But what I do on topix is what I can do with words. And one thing I know a lot about is politics. So if my knowledge can do some good here, then I am going to do it.
I feel the democratic party when in power helps those who cannot help themselves more so than I as a single individual can do. So I promote them. That is a contribution, whether you recognize it or not."

Mike, would it be a fair assessment to say for someone reading this article to take from it that you do "some good here" on Topix with your vast knowledge of politics and if you help the democratic party to be elected, they can do more than you can do as an individual to help those those who cannot help themselves? By your own admission, this is a contribution. You write on Topix, vote democrat and and this is "A" "YOUR" contribution to society? One would gather from reading the above post this must be your "best" because you sure as heck failed to mention anything else you do. As you said the other day, "semantics." Do you ever go out in the real world and see what is going on? Man, you're screwed terribly if you think giving your opinion about politics on Topix is some sort of gift to mankind. Try giving of your time and any talents you many have.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#23174 Oct 14, 2012
LuLu wrote:
TSF, what would be "fair share"? Google moved here the county traded tax break for job opportunity, real estate went up, etc...Look at the "fees" trucking companies pay to use the nations highways. I'm not trying to pick a fight, I guess I would need to become a IRS agent to figure out fair share. Everyone had a fit over John Kerry and his boat issue on the tax. I worked on a boat registered in the Virgin Islands because the US tax is so high. I guess I don't blame people for trying to use the tools available to them to keep more of their money. That's why I clip coupons. I've tried to read up on the tax thing, you go over seas, you pay that country for that cheap labor, etc..
I think companies go over seas for the cheep labor more than anything.
And yes, people do try to cheat the system by moving money out of America. Just as some try to cheat the system by living of welfare when they could be working.
Neither is the right thing to do or is good for the whole of our society.
Some are just greedy. Would google go out of business if it stayed in America? No, they just want all the money humanly possible because they are greedy.

Companies can go overseas to avoid regulations that keep people safe at work. These companies do not care about humans, they only care about money.
There will always be a cheaper way overseas. Why? Because America is not going to allow greedy companies to work humans like slaves.

Republicans want to go back to the days of children working in sweatshops for eighteen hour days in conditions that often lead to death.
Yes, this will make a few people very wealthy. So? Are you willing to put children and adults back in the days of a hundred years ago, or are you going to act humane and vote for those who care about humans instead of just the almighty dollar for a few?

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#23175 Oct 14, 2012
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously Lu, if you ever want to keep some money, use overseas accounts. Trust me, you won't be disappointed. I have no qualms about using offshore accounts. People can grouch about Romney using them, but to me he was smart and so is anybody else that does. If you make money in a certain country and their tax laws are well let's say "a little more forgiving" leave it there. Nothing illegal about that. YOu have to report the income here in the U.S. but not pay the taxes because the money isn't in this country. Silver am I correct? If not, I got a problem. Lu, I clip coupons too, shop at thrift stores for old furniture I can bring back to life. Heck, if I see clothes I like and can wear, I'll buy them there too. That's what a washer and dryer is for or the local dry cleaning. BTW, I'm going to have to go a lot further up the food chain than the GW (Goodwill) Boutique for cowboy boots.:) See, I don't mind paying for something I really want and not to be selfish, I cut back by coupon cutting or shopping the GW Boutique.
I believe in off shore accounts. My boss said US taxes were too high. I think if you earn it, you can do with it as you see fit. Second hand stores are big business now. Hence the proposed resale copyright law in front of the courts. E-Bay, Craig's List look out. By the way, I was told I paid too much for my red boots this morning. Just say you paid five bucks and leave it at that. Better Homes mag. just did an article on a lady in Atlanta that is making a fortune, bring old items back to life. It was amazing what she was doing.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#23176 Oct 14, 2012
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
"I do worry about a lot of things. But what I do on topix is what I can do with words. And one thing I know a lot about is politics. So if my knowledge can do some good here, then I am going to do it.
I feel the democratic party when in power helps those who cannot help themselves more so than I as a single individual can do. So I promote them. That is a contribution, whether you recognize it or not."
Mike, would it be a fair assessment to say for someone reading this article to take from it that you do "some good here" on Topix with your vast knowledge of politics and if you help the democratic party to be elected, they can do more than you can do as an individual to help those those who cannot help themselves? By your own admission, this is a contribution. You write on Topix, vote democrat and and this is "A" "YOUR" contribution to society? One would gather from reading the above post this must be your "best" because you sure as heck failed to mention anything else you do. As you said the other day, "semantics." Do you ever go out in the real world and see what is going on? Man, you're screwed terribly if you think giving your opinion about politics on Topix is some sort of gift to mankind. Try giving of your time and any talents you many have.
So you assume without facts that it is "the best I can do"? But you said I admitted it. Now we can clearly see this is not what I said. So you just lied. And you are now trying to defend your lie.

You assume quite a lot of my life. Most every-time you are wrong. But I just let you keep assuming because it is making you look like and ass.

I note a trend. Republicans assume to much. You guys assume all who get a helping hand is lazy and feels entitled. Mitt Romney said this out-loud when he thought no one would tell us regular folks.
But you republicans here say it openly on a regular basis.
We know Mitt meant it. We know most republicans think like this. They just assume things that are not true.
The swing voters are seeing this trend.
Thanks for helping them see it. Now keep sticking your foot in your mouth please.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#23178 Oct 14, 2012
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> What the hell is wrong with you? Are you unfamiliar with the genre of sarcasm?
I thought it was sarcasm, but you must realize, sarcasm is not so easily apparent in writing. And the post was not from your registered name, so it looked to be someone else impersonating you.
Hell, maybe Arnold was just playing along. Who knows, it is hard to read sarcasm in writing.

Location hidden

#23179 Oct 14, 2012
Answer me this, if I receive a SNAP card, should I be able to purchase whatever food items I want, or should I be only able to purchase items considered healthy. Low sugar, no soda, low fat, fresh vegetables etc.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#23180 Oct 14, 2012
big tea party repub wrote:
One thing about Mr mike Mr big gov Mr gods gov you keep witnessing nobody listening your so much smarter than everybody if you are so smart quit living off the goverment you and your other scabs make your own money quit robbing us stop push your gods goverment down our throuts get your own healthcare to if your so smart
So you assume I live off the government? So you and Bacon apparently just assume about what you do not know.
Thanks for helping me prove my point.

Bacon, you have much in common with this idiot.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#23181 Oct 14, 2012
emlu wrote:
I worked for a real estate developer, he said the hardest thing he ever did was earning his first million, the next hardest thing was keeping it. He said he has to keep putting back in, to get anything out.
So he had to keep working to make more money?

Location hidden

#23182 Oct 14, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So you assume without facts that it is "the best I can do"? But you said I admitted it. Now we can clearly see this is not what I said. So you just lied. And you are now trying to defend your lie.
You assume quite a lot of my life. Most every-time you are wrong. But I just let you keep assuming because it is making you look like and ass.
I note a trend. Republicans assume to much. You guys assume all who get a helping hand is lazy and feels entitled. Mitt Romney said this out-loud when he thought no one would tell us regular folks.
But you republicans here say it openly on a regular basis.
We know Mitt meant it. We know most republicans think like this. They just assume things that are not true.
The swing voters are seeing this trend.
Thanks for helping them see it. Now keep sticking your foot in your mouth please.
Again Ballerina:

Did I assume you said that? What did I assume incorrectly? Read this post again and tell me, how did I assume incorrectly from this post that this is all you got? Ok, you "worry" about a lot of things. Are you ever "worried" enough to get off Topix and put your time, money and talents where your "words" are? This sentence is the most telling: "I feel the democratic party when in power helps those who cannot help themselves more so than I as a single individual can do. So I promote them." Am I assuming incorrectly that just as long as you support the dems and they placate everyone that can't or won't help themselves you feel you've done your best for your fellow man?
BTW, the way you say I assume a lot about your life and you just let me because I look like an ass, that's exactly how I feel about you. Back at you Ballerina!!!

Location hidden

#23183 Oct 14, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I think companies go over seas for the cheep labor more than anything.
And yes, people do try to cheat the system by moving money out of America. Just as some try to cheat the system by living of welfare when they could be working.
Neither is the right thing to do or is good for the whole of our society.
Some are just greedy. Would google go out of business if it stayed in America? No, they just want all the money humanly possible because they are greedy.
Companies can go overseas to avoid regulations that keep people safe at work. These companies do not care about humans, they only care about money.
There will always be a cheaper way overseas. Why? Because America is not going to allow greedy companies to work humans like slaves.
Republicans want to go back to the days of children working in sweatshops for eighteen hour days in conditions that often lead to death.
Yes, this will make a few people very wealthy. So? Are you willing to put children and adults back in the days of a hundred years ago, or are you going to act humane and vote for those who care about humans instead of just the almighty dollar for a few?
Do you think America should repeal NAFTA and become a voice for the foreign labor markets? Do you think we should chastise China for paying coal miners in Africa, 280.00 a month to work the mines? I never hear ANYONE saying a word about other governments like China and Mexico, because of the vested interest there.

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#23184 Oct 14, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Then clearly you are finally admitting everyone who gets an helping hand is not just lazy and seeking to get handouts for life. Great. Funny how you most of your statements on handouts sound as if you think all are lazy and are just trying to take a free ride.
Do some do this? I am sure their are some, but you and most republicans seem to think it is all or the majority of those who do get help.
But just because some take advantage, does not mean we should end giving help to those in need.
Those are your words Mike not mine. I never said that all. In fact I said," Entitlements was never a thought, ever."

Nice try at the twist.

Location hidden

#23185 Oct 14, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So he had to keep working to make more money?
Yes, he works keeps running a large co.

Location hidden

#23186 Oct 14, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>See what I mean?
I was poking fun at your comrade for constantly whining about rich people being well off.

Kinda of like when you take jabs at repubs.

Location hidden

#23187 Oct 14, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Clearly he did not finish his schooling. Tea party republican is clearly a dropout.
See what I mean Mike?

Location hidden

#23188 Oct 14, 2012
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> What the hell are you talking about?
Are you "Waco et al"? Who knows when people switch names? That is what the hell I was talking about. Are you switching names? I thought someone was playing a game on your name. I understand sarcasm when I know who the writer is. If I knew it was you, I would have understood.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlotte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Biogel Injections (Feb '10) 17 hr Estrella 111 131
Are Southerners Stupid or do they just sound th... (Oct '08) 20 hr I Hate Syracuse 4,842
Is the Illegal Alien Problem Out Of Control Sun xcrbjyds 0
bggb Sun guest 59
Where to buy spice? Sun Carole King 2
Duke Energy's paperless billing is rediculous Sun Carole King 2
I Love Black Women (May '11) Sat Bill Robinson 239
•••
•••
•••

Charlotte Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••