Are Southerners Stupid or do they jus...

“Dont care how you did it in FL”

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#5349 Jul 17, 2015
Jim1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Robert E.Lee said that to put all uniforms, swords and flags in museums for to fly the flag would be treason. He had everything removed that was of the Civil War and when he died and his daughter was asked about flying his flag she said no he considered it treason.
The south was part of the Constitution and it was not made for only the north--it was written for one nation, one country. The United State of America. To secede was committing treason.
Bull crap yankee NO WHERE in the Constitution did it prohibit secession.
Windchime

Summerville, SC

#5350 Jul 18, 2015
I'm well educated in any climate or point on the globe. Don't sweat the Mason-Dixon line.

Location hidden

#5351 Jul 18, 2015

“Vote Republican”

Since: Aug 08

Wyandanch, NY

#5352 Jul 20, 2015
Timmy_ wrote:
<quoted text>Bull crap yankee NO WHERE in the Constitution did it prohibit secession.
The southern states wanted to have slaves. The North said no. So, the North kicked the South's ass. That is all to it.

Location hidden

#5353 Jul 20, 2015
I Hate Syracuse wrote:
<quoted text>
The southern states wanted to have slaves. The North said no. So, the North kicked the South's ass. That is all to it.
No the north kicked the civilians ass in their barbaric terrorist shermans march. That was the only way they would the yankees could win. The South kicked the North's ass the majority of the war. As far as slaves The north had slaves also! NJ, Maryland, Delaware, Kentucky, Mo, WV and Washington DC all had slaves and remained loyal to the union. Learn your history before you make ignorant statements like that.
Greg Thomas

Charlotte, NC

#5354 Jul 21, 2015
I think everyone just needs to learn to get a long. No one is perfect nor is anyone any better than anyone else. We all have to learn that playing the blame game and finding fault with each other will not lead to anything but frustration, despair and being depressed or unhappy. Read this great article on how to truly be happy: http://davidmaillie.com/how-to-be-truly-happy...
Adios Boys

Raleigh, NC

#5355 Jul 23, 2015
Zinjanthopus

Virginia Beach, VA

#5356 Jul 29, 2015
WOW

Dumb southern hicks
Enrico

United States

#5357 Sep 11, 2015
To share some insight on this topic.
I certainly believe the intelligence level is significantly lower in the south. One would ask, how do you back this claim? Look up the highest rated high school education, the top five or top ten for that matter are from the north. I know I can hear it now, "you're just a dumb Yankee ". Furthermore, look at the states with the highest poverty level. I'll give you one guess at the geographic location. States with people with the poorest health. Any guess?

Location hidden

#5358 Sep 11, 2015
Enrico wrote:
To share some insight on this topic.
I certainly believe the intelligence level is significantly lower in the south. One would ask, how do you back this claim? Look up the highest rated high school education, the top five or top ten for that matter are from the north. I know I can hear it now, "you're just a dumb Yankee ". Furthermore, look at the states with the highest poverty level. I'll give you one guess at the geographic location. States with people with the poorest health. Any guess?
Oh yea detriot has such great schools.
Adios Yankees

Raleigh, NC

#5359 Sep 16, 2015
More Yankees biting the dust at Hewlett-Packard. You da girl Meg Whitman!!!

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-0...
exyankee

Morristown, NJ

#5360 Sep 22, 2015
As a Yankee soon to be moving south, I can say this jerk yankee (and many more like him) are the reason I'm leaving... combined with the taxes, the moron politicians running the show, cost of living etc. I can't wait to embrace southern living... being polite, no one honking horns or giving you the finger, BBQ and sweet tea sound good to me over what I'm used to. God bless my future home in Dixie!
lisasarp

Lubbock, TX

#5361 Oct 3, 2015
Life Coach wrote:
<quoted text>
We have been relocating to the South snce you people decided in teh 1860's that you did not want to be Americans anymore because you thought you had the God-givn right to OWN Black people.
You tore down teh American flag and you burned it and replaced it with your hateful "stars and bars"
Well, guess what...WE WON that war, and now we own YOU. We come to teh South and we steal the good jobs because most of you don;t have a decent education.
In the old days, they called us "Carpetbaggers"
Oh my, the condescension! As I am sure you are aware, a very small percentage of southerners actually owned slaves. The impetus behind the Civil War had nothing to do with northern moral superiority, but was primarily about the means of production in the north being mechanized vs. the need for physical labor in the south. Neither I nor anyone with whom I am personally familiar believes that it was right for one person to own another.
As for my education, I hold both Bachelors and Masters degrees from a southern university and scored in the top 2% nationally on the verbal section of the graduate school entrance exam. I would hold my education and that of many fellow southerners up against any Yankee's, and would be glad to pit my native intelligence against yours or any other northerner's. I think it is fascinating that the south is portrayed by you as rife with ignorance and mean-spiritedness, when you could be painted with that same brush due to the content of your statements.
In conclusion, I need to add that I am a fiercely proud southerner. I fit all kinds of negative stereotypes, including the fact that I was raised as, and remain, a Southern Baptist (Gasp! You should have known!), have many family members who served/are serving in the military, call my mother "Mama" and called my father "Daddy" until the day he went home to be with the Lord, still say, "Yes ma'am/sir" "No ma'am/sir, " and pull over for passing funeral processions. I am sorry that everyone in our great nation wasn't raised the same way. Then, perhaps, a modicum of civility would still exist in our land.
Justin

United States

#5362 Oct 3, 2015
lisasarp wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my, the condescension! As I am sure you are aware, a very small percentage of southerners actually owned slaves. The impetus behind the Civil War had nothing to do with northern moral superiority, but was primarily about the means of production in the north being mechanized vs. the need for physical labor in the south. Neither I nor anyone with whom I am personally familiar believes that it was right for one person to own another.
As for my education, I hold both Bachelors and Masters degrees from a southern university and scored in the top 2% nationally on the verbal section of the graduate school entrance exam. I would hold my education and that of many fellow southerners up against any Yankee's, and would be glad to pit my native intelligence against yours or any other northerner's. I think it is fascinating that the south is portrayed by you as rife with ignorance and mean-spiritedness, when you could be painted with that same brush due to the content of your statements.
In conclusion, I need to add that I am a fiercely proud southerner. I fit all kinds of negative stereotypes, including the fact that I was raised as, and remain, a Southern Baptist (Gasp! You should have known!), have many family members who served/are serving in the military, call my mother "Mama" and called my father "Daddy" until the day he went home to be with the Lord, still say, "Yes ma'am/sir" "No ma'am/sir, " and pull over for passing funeral processions. I am sorry that everyone in our great nation wasn't raised the same way. Then, perhaps, a modicum of civility would still exist in our land.
Lubbuck? That says it all.
DaneSpencer

London, UK

#5363 Oct 10, 2015
Life Coach wrote:
I am from Buffalo New York, but I have spent alot of time living in the South
When I first lived in the South, I just figured Southerns just talked funny. After getting to know Southerners, I have come to realize they are much less intelligent and less civilized than Northerners
They speak a language that barely resembles English and they act like violent animals.
Is it the heat, or what?
well i thought it was all Americans that bastardized the english language

Location hidden

#5364 Oct 11, 2015
DaneSpencer wrote:
<quoted text>
well i thought it was all Americans that bastardized the english language
Just the yankees did, Southerners still talk like their British and Scotch-Irish ancestors.

“Vote Republican”

Since: Aug 08

Wyandanch, NY

#5365 Oct 15, 2015
Timmy_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Just the yankees did, Southerners still talk like their British and Scotch-Irish ancestors.
Clearly, you have never been to Western Europe. That assertion of your is ridiculous.

Location hidden

#5366 Oct 17, 2015
I Hate Syracuse wrote:
<quoted text>Clearly, you have never been to Western Europe. That assertion of your is ridiculous.
Notice I said ancestors! They had a completely different accent than the people in the UK speak today. Or did they not teach you that in football player history class.
The Truth

Statesville, NC

#5367 Oct 25, 2015
Timmy the "booger eater" epitomizes the stupidity of so-called "southerners" with his ignoramus comments, not to mention the idiot's "rebel flag" pagan avatar.
The Truth

Statesville, NC

#5368 Oct 25, 2015
The Truth wrote:
Timmy the "booger eater" epitomizes the stupidity of so-called "southerners" with his ignoramus comments, not to mention the idiot's "rebel flag" pagan avatar.
And by the way, Timmy the booger eater is, no doubt, a closet homosexual. Psychology 101.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlotte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Black women and hairy arm pits Wed goober 4
Convicted felon on pof and many other dating si... (Jun '13) Wed I need help 5
Models Wed Just saying 1
Jeffrey Husta - Looking For You - Fort Mills (Aug '16) Sep 18 Beware of Him 8
Why does blacks wob, bweak in an butt rutt each... Sep 15 gOOBER 1
Robertsí loss Sep 14 Htf 2
What the hell is wrong with blacks in charlotte? Sep 12 BarsNsuperStars 16

Charlotte Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance