“Dont care how you did it in FL”

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#5244 Jul 22, 2014
https://gma.yahoo.com/irish-cafe-bans-loud-am...
Must have had some rude yankee patrons at that pub.

Location hidden

#5247 Aug 2, 2014
Lyyyyyfffff Cccoaaacccch wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it did. The US government initially turned a blind eye to the Finians because of the aid GO gave to the Confederacy. If you Rebs had won the Civil war, you would have returned to becoming English colonies
Complete bs lie fabricated by the yankees. We had no connection with the tea drinkers and we sure wouldn't have become british subjects.
Tap3

Alabaster, AL

#5249 Aug 2, 2014
Charlotte born wrote:
The is the old age stereotype of southerners from the biased views of northerners. My question to you is, if you think this why do you and your people keep relocating to the south by the truckload? If you hate the people's intelligence and accents why would you want to live here? Also, who really is the stupid one when you are stereotyping a whole region of people?
It's a temporary way to live cheaply and make money then get out and go somewhere else. It's also great for work experience for people just getting out of college in competitive fields. I don't think it's a move for people to make in the long run, but something to muddle through for a couple of years before they start applying for jobs in a more desirable place.

Location hidden

#5251 Aug 3, 2014
<quoted text>
That is a good point. Companies in the south like bank of America know they can't hire from their local pool of smelly, drooling slackjaws, so they reach out to young, northern recent college grads. Once these people start to have children, they realize they don't want to raise a family around a bunch of southern animals
I don't want our children around yankee barbarians.

Location hidden

#5252 Aug 3, 2014
<quoted text>
More of your southern revisionist history like how the Civil War was not about slavery and the blacks liked being slaves
It wasn't about slavery.

Location hidden

#5254 Aug 3, 2014
<quoted text>
Well, if you had won the war,you could make us leave
Yea We would have secured the northern border and deported the carpetbaggers.

“Vote Republican”

Since: Aug 08

Wyandanch, NY

#5255 Aug 4, 2014
Timmy_ wrote:
<quoted text>Yea We would have secured the northern border and deported the carpetbaggers.
Where is this border, exactly?

Location hidden

#5257 Aug 4, 2014
I Hate Syracuse wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is this border, exactly?
Since Kentucky, Missouri, Maryland, Delaware, and West Virginia defected to the union it would span across the northern borders of Oklahoma, Arkansas, Tennessee and Virginia.
asdfjkh

Charlotte, NC

#5258 Aug 4, 2014
Here's honest for you. We southerners are sick of yankee transplants and your goofy accents are out of place down here. Accent has nothing to do with intelligence and to claim otherwise obviously shows your own intelligence. Go back to your rust belt hell, sick of you jackasses clogging up our roads trying to look at fall leaves and shit.

“Vote Republican”

Wyandanch, NY

#5260 Aug 5, 2014
asdfjkh wrote:
Here's honest for you. We southerners are sick of yankee transplants and your goofy accents are out of place down here. Accent has nothing to do with intelligence and to claim otherwise obviously shows your own intelligence. Go back to your rust belt hell, sick of you jackasses clogging up our roads trying to look at fall leaves and shit.
This is a very typical southern response. A reflection of your ignorance and jealousy. You would not have roads if it were not for northerners requiring pavement and expansion(s). You would not have colleges if it were not for Northerners filling the classes. My boy will be a line backer this year (freshman), and he is already the smartest on his floor. You don't have fall leaves here. It is always f'n hot down here.
However, I will grant you this, you guys can really change the oil in my Benz. Thanks for being under-qualified for anything else.

“Vote Republican”

Wyandanch, NY

#5261 Aug 5, 2014
LC, did you see that SYR was ranked the #1 party school? And, Colgate had the most beautiful campus in the nation? I hate Colgate too. When I was playing for UB, we lost to a Div I non-scholarship school, Colgate. Talk about humiliation.
sweetjunie

Burnsville, NC

#5262 Aug 5, 2014
where was this idiot when the planes hit the towers??????????

“Vote Republican”

Wyandanch, NY

#5263 Aug 6, 2014
sweetjunie wrote:
where was this idiot when the planes hit the towers??????????
Another typical southern response. Some who sees 9-11 as an attack on NYC rather than an attack against the USA.

Location hidden

#5265 Aug 7, 2014
I Hate Syracuse wrote:
<quoted text> This is a very typical southern response. A reflection of your ignorance and jealousy. You would not have roads if it were not for northerners requiring pavement and expansion(s). You would not have colleges if it were not for Northerners filling the classes. My boy will be a line backer this year (freshman), and he is already the smartest on his floor. You don't have fall leaves here. It is always f'n hot down here.
However, I will grant you this, you guys can really change the oil in my Benz. Thanks for being under-qualified for anything else.
We had roads and universities way before the yankees ever invaded.

“Vote Republican”

Wyandanch, NY

#5267 Aug 13, 2014
<quoted text>
I haven't been keeping up with it lately but Colgate had a good program for a while. Although they weren't a "schlorship" program, they had the money to meet the full demonstrated need of a needy student. In addition to that they were Patriot League so they could change the loan portion of the aid package to a grant and the kids could still take out the loan. The Ivy ' s recently changed the rules so they can do this. I wish the Ivy 's did that when my son played for them. Those were some lean years.
The way Ivy League financial packages work now a student from a family of 4 with an annual income of less than $75,000 has an ECC of ZERO
Child #3 is going to Harvard next year. I make too much for #1 and #2 to get aide, so I am stuck with the $40,000 a year bill. Times are starting to get pretty lean for us too. But,#3 should get a 100% full merit scholarship. She just got a perfect score on her statistics AP exam. She will be in good shape.

“Vote Republican”

Wyandanch, NY

#5269 Aug 14, 2014
<quoted text>
To the best of my knowledge, the Ivy schools only give need based financial aid. Merit scholarships must come from outside sources. I hope she's willing to write 20 essays.
Well, when she enrolls, my total funding for all three children will exceed $100,000. I hope by then, I will be considered; 'in need'. But, we will see. I'm struggling now with a $39,000 bill for kids #1 and #2.
yeap

Lincolnton, NC

#5271 Aug 15, 2014
They're not stupid. They're just religious. Need I say more? And to all the Christians who are going to bad mouth me, clearly against your Bible's rules, I'd like to remind you the South will rise again. In terms of divorces filed per year. Women file for divorce 70% of the time. American women SUCK. NEVER MARRY ONE. They don't know it, but a lot of loneliness is coming in their future. Enjoy the decline ladies, and remember EVERY passing day you get uglier and uglier. Men, the opposite is true. No homo, but you get better. Women get bitter.
Elise

Greenville, TX

#5272 Aug 16, 2014
I used to live in Charlotte, North Carolina, years ago, and I found THEM, to be MEAN, in Charlotte, North Carolina, NOT DUMB, just MEAN! of course, I am what the Charlotte, North Carolina people, would call a YANKEE, so, there you go! my parents moved my YANKEE butt, to Charlotte, North Carolina, in the close of the 1980's, or whatever, all the way, from Washington State, where this cyber bully, is bullying ME, saying THEY used to be MY FRIEND, in Washington State, when I lived in Washington State, years ago, and all of this Other CRAP, THEY have been going on, and on about, for MORE than three years, now! Go Away, You Cyber TROLL Pest! also: the bully, now becomes the victim, and the victim, now becomes the bully! How Do YOU Like ME Now?!?!
MichaelL

Las Vegas, NV

#5275 Aug 30, 2014
I wish he would have found a tactful way of asking that question. It's similar to how America as a whole is about 5-10 years behind Japan technologically and so forth. The south is a little behind the rest of the country. That's not really an opinion. And there's no "facts" that can prove that applies to EVERYONE, but when you look at it in terms of majority or average, it's certainly true. And it's not the accent. People from the Midwest have accents that make them sound incredibly naive but many of them are smart. One response made a valid point of the religious aspect, but there's much more to it than that, I believe. The lingering racism is also a factor, I'm sure. Education is certainly part of it as well. There are studies that show that people in urban areas have more and better quality education in general. I have some sympathy due to circumstances that people are born into, but it's the arrogance and the closemindedness of many southerners that believe they are correct about things they don't really know about, and the heartlessness of ongoing racism. If you couldn't get a job because of how you looked, and you have to support yourself or a family.... what choices would YOU have to make a living? If you would give them a chance and hire them for jobs or accept them to schools (even ones that don't have any particular talent in athletics) the perception and reality would change in a matter of one or two generations. You keep the cycle going, and you are to blame, just as much as they are by their decision making. They're not going anywhere and the cycle will continue until you learn to accept reality. They don't think they are better than white people, they just want to be accepted and treated as equal and given a chance at the American dream. Your ancestors brought them here against their will, so haven't you hurt them enough? Give them a chance for Chirst's sake. They are just as talented and intelligent and kind hearted, if not more so, if given a level playing field. If the roles were reversed, they would not treat us like you treat them. Again, all this applies to part/most of people, not all. But our country as a whole is lacking in qualified people for jobs so you are holding the country back from making advancements by only picking and choosing people from one race. Besides, if you're racist, you are going to hell, if there is such a thing. No God would create a race that was inferior in every aspect and He certainly wouldn't accept the foul treatment of them. Besides, no one that is happy with themselves treats other people so inhumanely. So get your own life and mind in order and you will not have any reason to keep other people down. You know you are backwards as hell. And if you don't, you truly are just a white monkey that has the ability to talk.

“Vote Republican”

Wyandanch, NY

#5276 Aug 31, 2014
MichaelL wrote:
I wish he would have found a tactful way of asking that question. It's similar to how America as a whole is about 5-10 years behind Japan technologically and so forth. The south is a little behind the rest of the country. That's not really an opinion. And there's no "facts" that can prove that applies to EVERYONE, but when you look at it in terms of majority or average, it's certainly true. And it's not the accent. People from the Midwest have accents that make them sound incredibly naive but many of them are smart. One response made a valid point of the religious aspect, but there's much more to it than that, I believe. The lingering racism is also a factor, I'm sure. Education is certainly part of it as well. There are studies that show that people in urban areas have more and better quality education in general. I have some sympathy due to circumstances that people are born into, but it's the arrogance and the closemindedness of many southerners that believe they are correct about things they don't really know about, and the heartlessness of ongoing racism. If you couldn't get a job because of how you looked, and you have to support yourself or a family.... what choices would YOU have to make a living? If you would give them a chance and hire them for jobs or accept them to schools (even ones that don't have any particular talent in athletics) the perception and reality would change in a matter of one or two generations. You keep the cycle going, and you are to blame, just as much as they are by their decision making. They're not going anywhere and the cycle will continue until you learn to accept reality. They don't think they are better than white people, they just want to be accepted and treated as equal and given a chance at the American dream. Your ancestors brought them here against their will, so haven't you hurt them enough? Give them a chance for Chirst's sake. They are just as talented and intelligent and kind hearted, if not more so, if given a level playing field. If the roles were reversed, they would not treat us like you treat them. Again, all this applies to part/most of people, not all. But our country as a whole is lacking in qualified people for jobs so you are holding the country back from making advancements by only picking and choosing people from one race. Besides, if you're racist, you are going to hell, if there is such a thing. No God would create a race that was inferior in every aspect and He certainly wouldn't accept the foul treatment of them. Besides, no one that is happy with themselves treats other people so inhumanely. So get your own life and mind in order and you will not have any reason to keep other people down. You know you are backwards as hell. And if you don't, you truly are just a white monkey that has the ability to talk.
ell said, well, said.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlotte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Loan shark needed (Jul '09) 21 hr Donawa 22
bggb (Aug '14) Sun gab 159
Biogel Injections (Feb '10) Sat isostrawberry 155
Tiffany Wright - WSOC-TV (Apr '14) May 21 Former co-worker 8
News Police ID Woman Fatally Shot At Apartment Complex (Mar '06) May 20 barry 15
outlaws mc (Jun '10) May 20 jls1313 59
Dog food heroin smack? May 14 DirkDiggler30 33
More from around the web

Charlotte People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]