Are Southerners Stupid or do they jus...
boomboom

Springfield, MA

#5140 Nov 1, 2013
May I also add, women's reproductive rights are not a big deal. In other words here in the North , it's just a part of life instead of people forcing women to have babies even if they are sexually assaulted. Funny, aren't adults counted as people, not just fetuses?
boomboom

Springfield, MA

#5141 Nov 1, 2013
Timmy_ wrote:
<quoted text>That is one of the reasons northern cities are in ruins.
I am a Northerner, and I also had to laugh about the bus station story. Even a child can get around there with all the security, information booths, taxi stands etc. I wouldn't tell anyone either that I got lost! Yes, there are stereotypes, and you definitely fit one of them. I wanted to add, a LOT of people from the South join the military so they can get an education of some sort. Also, if you want to be upwardly mobile, then live in the North. In the South, the wages are so low, they are almost unlivable. I suppose it's a little different if you are a professional. At least there are unions still up North.
boomboom

Springfield, MA

#5142 Nov 1, 2013
Charlotte born wrote:
The is the old age stereotype of southerners from the biased views of northerners. My question to you is, if you think this why do you and your people keep relocating to the south by the truckload? If you hate the people's intelligence and accents why would you want to live here? Also, who really is the stupid one when you are stereotyping a whole region of people?
Then why do a lot of you fly rebel flags, do not carry medical insurance, and are afraid of unions? Also, what's up with not supporting women and their right to choose? Also, why are you so afraid of same sex marriage? Fear has little to do with being spiritual, it's just fear itself talking!
boomboom

Springfield, MA

#5143 Nov 1, 2013
chumor wrote:
<quoted text> ...Amen
New York is awesome, liberal, tolerant, and fun
Michael

United States

#5144 Nov 2, 2013
boomboom wrote:
<quoted text> Then why do a lot of you fly rebel flags, do not carry medical insurance, and are afraid of unions? Also, what's up with not supporting women and their right to choose? Also, why are you so afraid of same sex marriage? Fear has little to do with being spiritual, it's just fear itself talking!
Amazing, I really didnt think anyone could still be this ignorant. You speak of tolerance yet have none for our culture. I think you just speak lies because you are ignorant , hate filled and have no life. It makes you feel like you have some sort of power to get on line and vomit this nonsense

“Proud to be Yankee”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#5145 Nov 3, 2013
boomboom wrote:
<quoted text> New York is awesome, liberal, tolerant, and fun
True. Somewhat communistic though.

“Vote Republican”

Since: Aug 08

Wyandanch, NY

#5146 Nov 4, 2013
boomboom wrote:
<quoted text>I am a Northerner, and I also had to laugh about the bus station story. Even a child can get around there with all the security, information booths, taxi stands etc. I wouldn't tell anyone either that I got lost! Yes, there are stereotypes, and you definitely fit one of them. I wanted to add, a LOT of people from the South join the military so they can get an education of some sort. Also, if you want to be upwardly mobile, then live in the North. In the South, the wages are so low, they are almost unlivable. I suppose it's a little different if you are a professional. At least there are unions still up North.
I am from the North (Long Island) and Unions are not a good thing. They protect social misfits and encourage mediocrity. We can look at Detroit to gain greater perspective on how Unions destroy our economy. HS dropouts do not deserve $200.00 per hour. This is just my opinion. But, I can agree with what you are saying on most issues about Southerners. They tend to be intellectually inferior. Not because they are from the South, but because they place education as a lower priority.
Leaping Change

Linthicum Heights, MD

#5147 Nov 6, 2013
Go Bulls

Bowl bound no doubt

“Dont care how you did it in FL”

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#5148 Nov 6, 2013
I Hate Syracuse wrote:
<quoted text>I am from the North (Long Island) and Unions are not a good thing. They protect social misfits and encourage mediocrity. We can look at Detroit to gain greater perspective on how Unions destroy our economy. HS dropouts do not deserve $200.00 per hour. This is just my opinion. But, I can agree with what you are saying on most issues about Southerners. They tend to be intellectually inferior. Not because they are from the South, but because they place education as a lower priority.
You're right about Detroit but education should be a lower priority.

“Vote Republican”

Since: Aug 08

Wyandanch, NY

#5149 Nov 8, 2013
Leaping Change wrote:
Go Bulls

Bowl bound no doubt
We are likely going bowling. But, they can easily go 8-4 and stay home. The MAC only gets two bowls. I am hoping they get the GMAC Bowl in Alabama. Sweet!
Leaping Change

Linthicum Heights, MD

#5150 Nov 9, 2013
I Hate Syracuse wrote:
<quoted text>
We are likely going bowling. But, they can easily go 8-4 and stay home. The MAC only gets two bowls. I am hoping they get the GMAC Bowl in Alabama. Sweet!
I will be down halfway to you seeing upstart Old Dominion play UNC next Saturday in Chapel Hill. Got hooked up with a $15 ticket
warm in nc

Greenville, SC

#5151 Nov 16, 2013
Life Coach wrote:
I am from Buffalo New York, but I have spent alot of time living in the South
When I first lived in the South, I just figured Southerns just talked funny. After getting to know Southerners, I have come to realize they are much less intelligent and less civilized than Northerners
They speak a language that barely resembles English and they act like violent animals.
Is it the heat, or what?
1. If you were educated or read books.. you would have known BEFORE you moved to the South that Southerners have an accent.
2. You didn't get to know any Southerners. You don't know Southerners until you become friends with them, then you become family.
3. Your intelligence is very questionable with the grammar and spelling you use.
4. Your "intelligence" is forever doomed if you truly feel certain that stupidity comes from heat, and that you are asking a Charlotte (southern) forum about why they are not intelligent.

You moved here because the North couldn't stand your arrogance. The only thing that raises my hand to salute the North is that they had the intelligence to kick you out. I raise my hand and salute my fellow Southerners because we make sure you don't feel like you belong here either.

Go back to your cave.

“Dont care how you did it in FL”

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#5152 Nov 16, 2013
Yankee bythegraceofGod wrote:
<quoted text>
True. Somewhat communistic though.
What you don't agree with fellow yankees?
Michael

Baltimore, MD

#5153 Nov 16, 2013
boomboom wrote:
<quoted text> New York is awesome, liberal, tolerant, and fun
It's sewage and a cockroach like yourself wallows in it.
Rebel Yell

Webster, NC

#5154 Nov 18, 2013
Timmy_ wrote:
<quoted text>What you don't agree with fellow yankees?
Stop false flagging "Timmy".You are not and never will be a true southerner. You are a lonely woman retired from teaching in Flordia. I know and you know it. Oh, you will blather on about this post and deny it, maybe deceive some of the topix posters with your attempt at wit and cleverness but Floridiots such as yourself cannot fool everybody.

“Dont care how you did it in FL”

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#5155 Nov 19, 2013
Rebel Yell wrote:
<quoted text> Stop false flagging "Timmy".You are not and never will be a true southerner. You are a lonely woman retired from teaching in Flordia. I know and you know it. Oh, you will blather on about this post and deny it, maybe deceive some of the topix posters with your attempt at wit and cleverness but Floridiots such as yourself cannot fool everybody.
Not Hardly. Are you that old yankee woman from Michigan?
Rebel Yell

Andrews, NC

#5156 Nov 20, 2013
Timmy_ wrote:
<quoted text>Not Hardly. Are you that old yankee woman from Michigan?
Over 3,300 posts, huh. Only a Floridiot with babble on that much. Well Topix is your world and your life, not mine. I just wanted to expose you for who you truly are. But hey, keep having your little fun pretending to be a southern man. I know that you are a lonely and bored elderly woman.I also know that you are a Floridiot.

“Vote Republican”

Since: Aug 08

Wyandanch, NY

#5157 Nov 20, 2013
Floridiot? I love it....

“Dont care how you did it in FL”

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#5159 Nov 21, 2013
Rebel Yell wrote:
<quoted text> Over 3,300 posts, huh. Only a Floridiot with babble on that much. Well Topix is your world and your life, not mine. I just wanted to expose you for who you truly are. But hey, keep having your little fun pretending to be a southern man. I know that you are a lonely and bored elderly woman.I also know that you are a Floridiot.
No I am not! you must be that yankee woman from michigan.

“Dont care how you did it in FL”

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#5162 Nov 24, 2013
Leo Crumbcake wrote:
<quoted text>
A Southern idiot friend of mine recently told me that Michigan is not a northern state. He is retired now and lives in Florida. No coincidence
He is not a Southerner! michigan is a yankee state.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlotte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Police in riot-hit Charlotte say shooting victi... 5 min deplorable spud 611
He should of stopped and held his hands up 26 min Dave 7
News Protests remain peaceful outside Charlotte Pant... 1 hr Go Blue Forever 1
Charlotte Police Murder Unarmed Man 1 hr Eternal truth 49
FBI says violent crime rate is up 2 hr Well Well 2
The Panthers 6 hr Killan igger 3
BREAKING: Houston Attorney Chimps Out! 7 hr Ray Cyst 3

Charlotte Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Charlotte Mortgages