Comments
4,641 - 4,660 of 4,839 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago
Kurt Schiller

Jackson, MS

#5001 Jul 6, 2013
I was raised in Mississippi, probably the most ignorant/stupid state in America. I can definitely say that Southerners are more ignorant/stupid. I believe it is in part due to their poor education, and in part due to their ignorant "culture." P.S. you can see the pure ignorance in their, possibly our, replies.

“Vote Republican”

Since: Aug 08

Wyandanch, NY

#5003 Jul 7, 2013
Kurt Schiller wrote:
I was raised in Mississippi, probably the most ignorant/stupid state in America. I can definitely say that Southerners are more ignorant/stupid. I believe it is in part due to their poor education, and in part due to their ignorant "culture." P.S. you can see the pure ignorance in their, possibly our, replies.
My birth-mother was from Mississippi. She has a masters degree, yet still not very bright. Thank God for my Jamaican-born father.

“Vote Republican”

Wyandanch, NY

#5005 Jul 7, 2013
Lifeeeeee Coachhhhhhhhhhh wrote:
<quoted text>
Be easy on your mother. She may have been born with a brain, but it takes an very extra special personality and the right timing and the right situation to reach ones potential when surrounded by Southern Stupidity.
Where did she get her masters?
Her BA is from Alfred University and MA from Howard U.

“Vote Republican”

Wyandanch, NY

#5008 Jul 8, 2013
<quoted text>
Ummmm
Be nice to her
I try, but it's hard. I was taken away from her. She had the parenting skills of a blade of grass.

“Vote Republican”

Wyandanch, NY

#5009 Jul 8, 2013
<quoted text>
And don't forget. My mother went to SYRACUSE
I respect your mother, but not the school she chose to attend.

“Vote Republican”

Wyandanch, NY

#5011 Jul 9, 2013
<quoted text>What's your beef with Syracuse?

Is it the sports program?

Other than a (alleged)child-molesting assistant basketball coach, I am unaware of any big negatives
It's sports related. They recruited me by telling me I would get playing time as a freshman. The 4 week before camp they enroll me in a prep school (after having over 1000 on the SATs). So, I begged BU to re-offer the scholarship and they did. But, I made a few bad decisions while there. But, to BU's credit, they got me into UB. SU derailed me for their own selfish reasons. There were 5 other LBs in my class who were intellectual misfits. So SU wanted to use them up quickly. They were also better athletes than me at the time. They were not honest with me.

In addition, the mount of finding the state provides SU over UB is sickening. We are the only Div I. State school and we should get more support than we do.

Finally, SU has actively campaigned against UB in their efforts to go o the Big East. It is moot now. But , I will never forget!

“Vote Republican”

Wyandanch, NY

#5013 Jul 9, 2013
Lifffffe Coachhhh wrote:
<quoted text>By BU do you mean Boston U? I think they dropped football.

I had no idea NYS was throwing all that money at Syracuse while neglecting UB.

I think you can like a school while hating it's sports program. That is the way I am about. VT. Love the school but Frank Beamer runs a thug program. Michael Vick will be signing autographs at a Norfolk minor league baseball game this week. The ball park is about a mile from PETA nation HQ. Should be exciting
Yes, I was at BU just before they dropped football. That was part of my deal to leave BU. They has to find me a comparable urban university at the Div I level.

Yes, NY legislators have actively supported a 'private' university at the expense of the public one. I understand the history as to why. Buffalo was once. Private, very wealthy professional college. Medicine, Dental, Law, Architecture, etc...

So, I was screwed by the athletic program.
And, state politics continue to support a private university at the expense of her major public university.

Food for thought. UB had 28,000 students when I was there. SU has 11,000. Today, UB has 28,000 and SU has 21,000. This is because the state continuos to support their enrollment with increased funding.

And, the Dome was built with state dollars! Pisses me off.

“Vote Republican”

Wyandanch, NY

#5014 Jul 9, 2013
Sorry about the grammar issues. I hate the damn iPhone and its auto-correct feature.

“Vote Republican”

Wyandanch, NY

#5016 Jul 9, 2013
<quoted text>
As you may be aware, UB dropped its football program sometime in the 60's. They brought it back as Div III sometime around my junior. I thought about going out, but by then I was out of shape and had a job, so I didn't. I regretted not doing it.
When they first recruited me, they told me they would be Div. I the following year. I didn't even consider them. I visited Rutgers, Syracuse, Wyoming, Baylor, and Marshall. But, by the time Syracuse and Boston University was in my rear-view mirror, Buffalo was back on the map. I am a proud Buffalo graduate.
Lonelyside

Monroe, NC

#5017 Jul 11, 2013
Life coach, you are an idiot and a troll. If you hate it here so much, move back! Get a life! Or is it that you don't have one?
Kristen

Monroe, GA

#5020 Jul 16, 2013
I'm from Georgia, about as south as you can get unless you go to Florida. You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about "Life Coach". I actually just watched a documentary in one of my ADVANCED college courses (that's right, us southerners are intelligent and we have good looks!) about how much higher test scores are in the South versus the North mainly New York to be exact. There reading scores was 12% where as Georgia was 43%. There is a HUGE difference between a southerner with southern hospitality and a redneck. Not all of us are rednecks. Also besides education, us southern women have better, bangin' bodies where as them Yankee women are constantly starving themselves to be anorexic. Grow up and how about YOU get a better education because you are obviously as dumb as a rock if you think by being a complete asshole is going to make us get an education. WE HAVE A BETTER EDUCATIONAL SYSTEM IN THE SOUTH THAN THE NORTH! Get your facts straight!

“Vote Republican”

Wyandanch, NY

#5021 Jul 17, 2013
<quoted text>
What's your beef with Syracuse?
Is it the sports program?
Other than a (alleged)child-molesting assistant basketball coach, I am unaware of any big negatives
Furthermore, when the University of Buffalo became the University at Buffalo (private to public), the state canceled all Division I programs, crippling the school’s reputation. They either made them play at the Division III level, or cancel the program altogether. Imagine having rivalries like Marshall, ECU, PITT, Boston University? Then being asked to play schools like Buff State, Brockport, Plattsburgh, New Paltz, and Potsdam? Ever hear of them? Me either… Imagine being a university with over 30,000 students playing schools with 3,000 to 8,000? Imagine being a university that grants more PhDs than any other in the entire North East, including Penn State play teacher’s colleges? Embarrassing….

The NYS legislature are the ones who imposed this on UB back in the 60’s and 70’s; setting the school back by at least 3 decades. And, no one institution benefitted from this activity more than Syracuse University. It has been reported that the legislature had more Syracuse alumni than any other upstate school. So, they garnered a great deal of influence. Which explains how a private university can get a dome at the tax-payer’s expense and Buffalo get’s a 29,000 seat outdoor facility.

Those same legislators also tried to take the university’s endowment from them, stating; state schools should not be permitted to have a cash reserve when they are state supported. At the time, UB’s endowment was double Syracuse’s. Today, Syracuse is over a billion, and UB is just under 800 million.

When I played for Buffalo, Syracuse actively and openly campaigned against UB and threatened to leave the Big East if they voted to invite Buffalo to compete. So, Buffalo was stuck in the Yankee and Independent conferences. A Buffalo/Rutgers, Buffalo/Pitt, Buffalo/UConn and Buffalo/Syracuse rivalry would have been awesome for UB and Western NY. Remember, I am from Long Island, so I know and appreciate the St Johns/Syracuse/Georgetown/Seto n Hall games. That was a very big deal for the NYC area. How many millions were lost to the Buffalo area due to Syracuse’s influence against UB and Western NY? Boston College has a similar campaign against UConn. BC gets the first right of refusal against UConn according to the ACC. So, BC can never be out-voted. I think it is despicable!

Suck Fyaracuse!

“Vote Republican”

Wyandanch, NY

#5022 Jul 17, 2013
Kristen wrote:
I'm from Georgia, about as south as you can get unless you go to Florida. You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about "Life Coach". I actually just watched a documentary in one of my ADVANCED college courses (that's right, us southerners are intelligent and we have good looks!) about how much higher test scores are in the South versus the North mainly New York to be exact. There reading scores was 12% where as Georgia was 43%. There is a HUGE difference between a southerner with southern hospitality and a redneck. Not all of us are rednecks. Also besides education, us southern women have better, bangin' bodies where as them Yankee women are constantly starving themselves to be anorexic. Grow up and how about YOU get a better education because you are obviously as dumb as a rock if you think by being a complete asshole is going to make us get an education. WE HAVE A BETTER EDUCATIONAL SYSTEM IN THE SOUTH THAN THE NORTH! Get your facts straight!
Your opinion are fine! OK, you believe southern ladies are more attractive because they are thicker. I am a black man, so you get no argument from me, thicker women look better than thin women. But, that has nothing to do with the region in which you live.

But, my God, be intellectually honest here. Your attestation is that the southern educational system is superior to those in the north? The FACTS do not support your claim. You can take the ‘home state test scores of ACTs and SATs to see the difference. And, that only measures ‘who’ plans to go to further their education. There are more formally educated people ‘in’ the north,‘from’ the north, than you have in the south. States such as; Mississippi, Florida, Georgia, Arkansas, and Louisiana round out the bottom 5 for educational advancement. In spite of having some fabulous universities such as; LSU, UF, Miami, UCF, USF, GT, UGA, Emory, Dillard, etc… The facts are, there are more fucktards in the south per capita than you are willing to acknowledge. We have them too, but the south has a patent on stupidity.

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#5024 Jul 17, 2013
Kristen wrote:
LMAO! So say's a southerner. Trust me; the only good thing to come out of the south is Pecans, and they are nuts.
Lump Crown

Chesapeake, VA

#5025 Jul 17, 2013
I Hate Syracuse wrote:
<quoted text>Furthermore, when the University of Buffalo became the University at Buffalo (private to public), the state canceled all Division I programs, crippling the school’s reputation. They either made them play at the Division III level, or cancel the program altogether. Imagine having rivalries like Marshall, ECU, PITT, Boston University? Then being asked to play schools like Buff State, Brockport, Plattsburgh, New Paltz, and Potsdam? Ever hear of them? Me either… Imagine being a university with over 30,000 students playing schools with 3,000 to 8,000? Imagine being a university that grants more PhDs than any other in the entire North East, including Penn State play teacher’s colleges? Embarrassing….
The NYS legislature are the ones who imposed this on UB back in the 60’s and 70’s; setting the school back by at least 3 decades. And, no one institution benefitted from this activity more than Syracuse University. It has been reported that the legislature had more Syracuse alumni than any other upstate school. So, they garnered a great deal of influence. Which explains how a private university can get a dome at the tax-payer’s expense and Buffalo get’s a 29,000 seat outdoor facility.
Those same legislators also tried to take the university’s endowment from them, stating; state schools should not be permitted to have a cash reserve when they are state supported. At the time, UB’s endowment was double Syracuse’s. Today, Syracuse is over a billion, and UB is just under 800 million.
When I played for Buffalo, Syracuse actively and openly campaigned against UB and threatened to leave the Big East if they voted to invite Buffalo to compete. So, Buffalo was stuck in the Yankee and Independent conferences. A Buffalo/Rutgers, Buffalo/Pitt, Buffalo/UConn and Buffalo/Syracuse rivalry would have been awesome for UB and Western NY. Remember, I am from Long Island, so I know and appreciate the St Johns/Syracuse/Georgetown/Seto n Hall games. That was a very big deal for the NYC area. How many millions were lost to the Buffalo area due to Syracuse’s influence against UB and Western NY? Boston College has a similar campaign against UConn. BC gets the first right of refusal against UConn according to the ACC. So, BC can never be out-voted. I think it is despicable!
Suck Fyaracuse!
The guy who used to post as "Life Coach" caused too much trouble on the Buffalo Topix, so they blocked him and deleted most of his posts on ALL of the Topix boards. You may notice that many of the posts in this thread are missing I (Lump Crown) will be expressing opinions similar to his.

Here is another sad story about college sports. A few years back small relatively small Catholic Colleges like Iona, Canisius, Georgetown, St John's had good Div I basketball programs, and played Div III football. The NCAA decided this was not fair because they could put most of their financial resources into basketball because they were playing football on the cheap. The NCAA made them play football at least I-AA non-scholarship, offering only need based aid. They formed their own conference I-AA and survived for a while, but schools like Canisius had to drop football. Richer schools Georgetown went to the Patriot League which is kind of semi-scholarship in that they can replace the loan portion of a financial aid package with a grant and then also borrow the money. The Ivy league also started doing this aboyt 5 years ago
SouthernGentlema n

Murphy, NC

#5026 Jul 18, 2013
Life Coach wrote:
<quoted text>
Southerners may call me "rude", but Northerners call me "honest"
I don't say the things I say to be cruel.I say whet I say so people like you can try to get a decent education and learn how to be more civilized.
Ony then will teh world take Southerners more seriously
Honestly, we'd probably be more impressed by your so-called "education" if your posts weren't full of hateful bigotry and misused punctuation.
Lump Crown

Chesapeake, VA

#5027 Jul 18, 2013
SouthernGentleman wrote:
<quoted text>
Honestly, we'd probably be more impressed by your so-called "education" if your posts weren't full of hateful bigotry and misused punctuation.
I was drunk and "typing" on a Kindle when I wrote that.

“Vote Republican”

Wyandanch, NY

#5028 Jul 19, 2013
Lump Crown wrote:
<quoted text>
The guy who used to post as "Life Coach" caused too much trouble on the Buffalo Topix, so they blocked him and deleted most of his posts on ALL of the Topix boards. You may notice that many of the posts in this thread are missing I (Lump Crown) will be expressing opinions similar to his.
Here is another sad story about college sports. A few years back small relatively small Catholic Colleges like Iona, Canisius, Georgetown, St John's had good Div I basketball programs, and played Div III football. The NCAA decided this was not fair because they could put most of their financial resources into basketball because they were playing football on the cheap. The NCAA made them play football at least I-AA non-scholarship, offering only need based aid. They formed their own conference I-AA and survived for a while, but schools like Canisius had to drop football. Richer schools Georgetown went to the Patriot League which is kind of semi-scholarship in that they can replace the loan portion of a financial aid package with a grant and then also borrow the money. The Ivy league also started doing this aboyt 5 years ago
Well, it is nice to meet you Lump Crown!

The reason why the NCAA imposed this on the smaller Div I schools is because it gave their Div III counterparts in football and hockey an unfair advantage. Div I universities for any sport have Div I facilities and resources. So, the Div III athletes get the benefit of Div I resources and then compete against schools who are completely Div III in every way. So, St Lawrence (Canton, NY) plays very competitive hockey at the Div I level. They play Harvard, Michigan, Wisconsin, Clarkson, Notre Dame, Boston University, etc... They have TV rights as well. Their football team played Brockport, Buff State, etc... Mixed (Div I and III) schools have the opportunity to trickle their resources down to lower division programs creating an inherent advantage over their competition. So, schools like Canisius, Iona, Georgetown, and St Johns had a choice; compete at a higher level and pay the fees associated with that level. Or, drop their programs. Schools with much smaller endowments (Canisius) had no choice but to drop football. Many will site Title 9 as their excuse, but the reality is that Football at the Div I level is a great drain to many schools unless they can make something up ticket sales, media rights, endorsements, alumni support.

There are still schools that do this today such as Johns Hopkins and Hartwick come to mind. They were given a pass as long as they give 'need-based' scholarships only. So, they pay to play. Any other schools going forward must offer full scholarships and bring the entire athletic program to Div I.
Lump Crown

Chesapeake, VA

#5029 Jul 19, 2013
I Hate Syracuse wrote:
<quoted text>Well, it is nice to meet you Lump Crown!
The reason why the NCAA imposed this on the smaller Div I schools is because it gave their Div III counterparts in football and hockey an unfair advantage. Div I universities for any sport have Div I facilities and resources. So, the Div III athletes get the benefit of Div I resources and then compete against schools who are completely Div III in every way. So, St Lawrence (Canton, NY) plays very competitive hockey at the Div I level. They play Harvard, Michigan, Wisconsin, Clarkson, Notre Dame, Boston University, etc... They have TV rights as well. Their football team played Brockport, Buff State, etc... Mixed (Div I and III) schools have the opportunity to trickle their resources down to lower division programs creating an inherent advantage over their competition. So, schools like Canisius, Iona, Georgetown, and St Johns had a choice; compete at a higher level and pay the fees associated with that level. Or, drop their programs. Schools with much smaller endowments (Canisius) had no choice but to drop football. Many will site Title 9 as their excuse, but the reality is that Football at the Div I level is a great drain to many schools unless they can make something up ticket sales, media rights, endorsements, alumni support.
There are still schools that do this today such as Johns Hopkins and Hartwick come to mind. They were given a pass as long as they give 'need-based' scholarships only. So, they pay to play. Any other schools going forward must offer full scholarships and bring the entire athletic program to Div I.
I went to Canisius College in the mid 70's. The football practice field was an irregular shape and not a full 100 yards. The "weight room" was a Universal machine, shared by the general student body. Football players were expected to sell raffle tickets to help support the program.

I toured Georgetown when they were recruiting my son in 2000. They were I-AA non-scholarship at the time one year before they went Patriot. Their need based only financial aid guaranteed to "meet full demonstrated need" just like any other admitted student at Georgetown. Their weight room was a cramped area with a mix of free weights and outdated machines and one power rack which was also shared with the general student body. I have seen better weight rooms at the YMCA. Their football field (they have a better one now) was half on a hill and half on the roof of a gym (no kidding) with a ragged, hard astroturf field. There field was lined with a few aluminum bleachers, and most fans (all 1000 or so) stood for the game. They did not charge admission. Thing is, it was a great program at the time with high moral. My son almost took their offer, but accepted an Ivy offer instead.

Bucknell (I-AA Patriot) was a few power racks under the stadium

Holy Cross (Patriot) not much better.

William and Mary had a former player donate a million, so they had a great weight room.

My point is that, it sure didn't look to me like Canisius and Georgetown had any big advantage over Div III programs. Most high schools have better weight rooms

“Vote Republican”

Wyandanch, NY

#5030 Jul 20, 2013
Lump Crown wrote:
<quoted text>
I went to Canisius College in the mid 70's. The football practice field was an irregular shape and not a full 100 yards. The "weight room" was a Universal machine, shared by the general student body. Football players were expected to sell raffle tickets to help support the program.
I toured Georgetown when they were recruiting my son in 2000. They were I-AA non-scholarship at the time one year before they went Patriot. Their need based only financial aid guaranteed to "meet full demonstrated need" just like any other admitted student at Georgetown. Their weight room was a cramped area with a mix of free weights and outdated machines and one power rack which was also shared with the general student body. I have seen better weight rooms at the YMCA. Their football field (they have a better one now) was half on a hill and half on the roof of a gym (no kidding) with a ragged, hard astroturf field. There field was lined with a few aluminum bleachers, and most fans (all 1000 or so) stood for the game. They did not charge admission. Thing is, it was a great program at the time with high moral. My son almost took their offer, but accepted an Ivy offer instead.
Bucknell (I-AA Patriot) was a few power racks under the stadium
Holy Cross (Patriot) not much better.
William and Mary had a former player donate a million, so they had a great weight room.
My point is that, it sure didn't look to me like Canisius and Georgetown had any big advantage over Div III programs. Most high schools have better weight rooms
The inherent disadvantage is that Div I schools have greater resources than their Div III counterparts. So, the Div I hockey team has access to nicer hotel contracts, larger travelling expenses, doctors and trainers, and facilities. So, a Div III Fredonia may have a PT at a basketball game, but Div I Buffalo would have 4 therapists and a team physician on site. So, a school with a 'mixed' NCAA participation can give greater access to lower programs because the resources are there.

Canisius is not a good example because they are lucky to be competing at any level higher than Div III based on their size. But, a program like Georgetown which has a national powerhouse for a basketball program should have better facilities than you have described. The point is, Shit or get off the pot. If you want to run with the big dogs, you have to pay to play. You cannot/should not mix levels of competition on the same campus. Which is why the NCAA put a stop to it.

Canisius had a pretty good LAX team last year. And, their hockey team went pretty far in Hockey too. But, before they cancelled football, they were a joke. One kid who claimed to have started as a NG transferred to UB. He was demoted to tackling dummy. The same was true for a few transfers, but he stood out to me the most. He could not bench more than 300 or squat 400. That is a prerequisite for playing on the line of a Div I program.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlotte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Where to buy spice? 34 min Blah 1
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 53 min State of Florida 58,896
hCG Weight Loss Doctors in Charlotte, NC 20 hr Jamie27 2
scat Fri deandrehayes1 1
Belmont man's art exhibit captures mill era's d... Fri Belmont Resident 2
AWESOME! This black minister has made a campaig... Thu insiderpaul 1
Review: Oxbridge Law Firm The (Sep '13) Wed james appiah 3
•••
•••
•••

Charlotte Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••