Wyandanch, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

luvnut wrote:
I have concluded that the whole problem is very simple; the N Carolina natives are simply jealous of yankees. That's it. They WANT to be considered yanks themselves; that's why the states first name is "North".
Excellent conclusion.
Question

Sylva, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Do you honestly think it is any different up North? If you do, you haven't been there and have to be educated. There are small towns up North. There is much farm country. There are down-to-earth people who work the land raise their family, believe in God. They build or live on the same farm for generations. Sure there are cities and crime (but no cities as big as Atlanta, and we are well aware of the crime there). You have the beauty of the mountains. They have the beauty of big lakes, streams and waterfalls. The people of the small towns are friendly and care about their neighbors. Just like here. Problem is people like you that don't let go of the past. God's country is everywhere for all to enjoy.
Timmy_ wrote:
This is the life we want to live. Why do you yankees find this wrong?
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“Vote Republican”

Since: Aug 08

Wyandanch, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Question wrote:
Do you honestly think it is any different up North? If you do, you haven't been there and have to be educated. There are small towns up North. There is much farm country. There are down-to-earth people who work the land raise their family, believe in God. They build or live on the same farm for generations. Sure there are cities and crime (but no cities as big as Atlanta, and we are well aware of the crime there). You have the beauty of the mountains. They have the beauty of big lakes, streams and waterfalls. The people of the small towns are friendly and care about their neighbors. Just like here. Problem is people like you that don't let go of the past. God's country is everywhere for all to enjoy.
<quoted text>
The difference is, we as Northerners know this quaint beauty exists everywhere in the great US. But, a Southerner does not make the pilgrimage up North to see for themselves. I bet Timmy is a nice guy, but like many southerners, they would prefer not to understand. And, that is a crying shame. But, Timmy makes great points too; there are intelligent people down here as well. You have some fabulous universities in the South. But, what Timmy has yet to admit, there is a sub-culture in the South that embraces ignorance. They are stupid, they enjoy being stupid, and they would not have it any other way. This is not all people from the South, but the ones that fit this demographic are loud, obvious, and perpetuate the stereotypes. And, Timmy should want to stop this. We have the same issue in the black community. And, I do not tolerate it from my people either.
Lifeeeeeeee Coachhhhhhhhh

Chesapeake, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

I Hate Syracuse wrote:
<quoted text>The difference is, we as Northerners know this quaint beauty exists everywhere in the great US. But, a Southerner does not make the pilgrimage up North to see for themselves. I bet Timmy is a nice guy, but like many southerners, they would prefer not to understand. And, that is a crying shame. But, Timmy makes great points too; there are intelligent people down here as well. You have some fabulous universities in the South. But, what Timmy has yet to admit, there is a sub-culture in the South that embraces ignorance. They are stupid, they enjoy being stupid, and they would not have it any other way. This is not all people from the South, but the ones that fit this demographic are loud, obvious, and perpetuate the stereotypes. And, Timmy should want to stop this. We have the same issue in the black community. And, I do not tolerate it from my people either.
"sub-culture in the South that embraces ignorance"

Well put

There is a real contempt for "book lurnins"

Chesapeake, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

Question wrote:
<quoted text>
When I first moved south, a girl said to me "Y'all talk funny. Where you from".

I told her I was from Buffalo, New York. Because of her ignorance, she failed to know there was any difference between Buffalo and NYC.(We were speaking in a city that was actually 20 miles closer to NYC than Buffalo is to NYC)

She then said "Up in New York people tore slam up and layin' in the gutter and people walk right on by and don't pay 'em no mind"

I resisted saying, "Well down here people tore slam up and layin' in the gutter and people tie them to a tree and make them squeal like a pig"

“Vote Republican”

Wyandanch, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Lifeeeeeeee Coachhhhhhhhh wrote:
<quoted text>
I told her I was from Buffalo, New York. Because of her ignorance, she failed to know there was any difference between Buffalo and NYC.(We were speaking in a city that was actually 20 miles closer to NYC than Buffalo is to NYC)
She then said "Up in New York people tore slam up and layin' in the gutter and people walk right on by and don't pay 'em no mind"
I resisted saying, "Well down here people tore slam up and layin' in the gutter and people tie them to a tree and make them squeal like a pig"
Damn bro, I am cracking up in my office. You are too funny!

Chesapeake, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

I Hate Syracuse wrote:
<quoted text>Damn bro, I am cracking up in my office. You are too funny!
100% true story-word for word

It's even better in person when I can imitate her accent

Another matter- I was in Buffalo last week and went to the bookstore to get some UB baby clothes for my two future granddaughters due to be born soon. I also got a UB alumni license plate frame so these hicks can tell how smart I am while they are behind me in traffic.

I had to look up where the bookstore was on a map. Back when I went to UB the bookstore was in some basement at the Main Street campus.

Have you seen where you can't drive under the "Emerald City" anymore?

“Seeking reality & civilization”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

<quoted text>
PRICELESS!

“Dont care how you did it in FL”

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

<quoted text>
That must be your fantasy?

“Vote Republican”

Wyandanch, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

<quoted text>
100% true story-word for word
It's even better in person when I can imitate her accent
Another matter- I was in Buffalo last week and went to the bookstore to get some UB baby clothes for my two future granddaughters due to be born soon. I also got a UB alumni license plate frame so these hicks can tell how smart I am while they are behind me in traffic.
I had to look up where the bookstore was on a map. Back when I went to UB the bookstore was in some basement at the Main Street campus.
Have you seen where you can't drive under the "Emerald City" anymore?
I have the Buffalo logo on my front plate and the Buffalo sticker on the back of my car. Good taste. Congratulations on the grandkids....
A Lockportian

Lockport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

I Hate Syracuse wrote:
<quoted text>I have the Buffalo logo on my front plate and the Buffalo sticker on the back of my car. Good taste. Congratulations on the grandkids....
I just today had lunch (wings +)at Duff's at Millersport & Sheridan! Yum!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2013

Judged:

A Lockportian wrote:
<quoted text>
yuck

“Vote Republican”

Wyandanch, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2013

Judged:

A Lockportian wrote:
<quoted text>
That place was awesome. I tiook my kids there when we were in town for the International Bowl in TO. My kids also loved it. Now they feel cheated when we eat wings down here in Charlotte, Hickory Tavern. I really could not afford the place while in college, but the owner really took care of the athletes at UB.

“Vote Republican”

Wyandanch, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2013

Judged:

Timmy_ wrote:
<quoted text>yuck
LOL, Timmy_? We have to be intellectually honest here. You have never been to Duff's in Amherst, NY, right? Therefore, you cannot say they are bad, unless you do not like wings of any type from any locaiton. But, everyone loves wings.
A Lockportian

Lockport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2013

I Hate Syracuse wrote:
<quoted text>LOL, Timmy_? We have to be intellectually honest here. You have never been to Duff's in Amherst, NY, right? Therefore, you cannot say they are bad, unless you do not like wings of any type from any locaiton. But, everyone loves wings.
AND President Obama made his motorcade stop there for him when he was in town a short while back!(Wish I was there for that). They are just THAT good! Timmy hasn't a clue.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2013

I Hate Syracuse wrote:
<quoted text>LOL, Timmy_? We have to be intellectually honest here. You have never been to Duff's in Amherst, NY, right? Therefore, you cannot say they are bad, unless you do not like wings of any type from any locaiton. But, everyone loves wings.
You got me there. I do like some wings.

“Vote Republican”

Wyandanch, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2013

Timmy_ wrote:
<quoted text>You got me there. I do like some wings.
Tilly_, go online and order them. You will not regret it. They are huge and flavorful. I promise you that. And, I am from NYC, we hate to admit that other cities may have better food. Duff's is awesome. There was also a Lanova's Pizza on the West side near Buff State that was pretty good too.

“Vote Republican”

Wyandanch, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2013

Oops, Timmy_

Chesapeake, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2013

Timmy_ wrote:
<quoted text>
That must be your fantasy?
No, I saw something like that in a movie I rented called "Deliverance" about these city people who went on a rafting trip in the South. The character played by Ned Beatty was tied to a tree by some typical "southern gentlemen" and they hit him in the balloon knot.

I rented it in a southern video store, so it was in the Romantic Comedy section

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Chesapeake, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2013

I Hate Syracuse wrote:
<quoted text>That place was awesome. I tiook my kids there when we were in town for the International Bowl in TO. My kids also loved it. Now they feel cheated when we eat wings down here in Charlotte, Hickory Tavern. I really could not afford the place while in college, but the owner really took care of the athletes at UB.
My wife, kids and I have always been Anchor Bar people, but I used to go to Duff's sometimes because my brother preferred. This most recent visit, we decided to go to Duff's. I had not been there in over 30 years. I was OK, but I still prefer Anchor bar. My wife makes the best though in the Anchor Bar style (crisper, not as sausey, and with celery salt and heavy garlic)

I'll tell you what's enough to make a buzzard puke- Buffalo Wild Wing. What a joke. Even worse than hooters wings

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 4,581 - 4,600 of4,826
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Charlotte Discussions

Search the Charlotte Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 23 min State of Florida 55,635
Why are Southerners rude in action, but pretend... (Jan '13) 2 hr Mickey 225
Belmont poised to extend bike trails at Rocky B... 7 hr JLo 2
Dog food and meds 12 hr bulldog 2
Pastor accused of abuse (Mar '12) 17 hr Concerned 8
Welcome To The End Of The World 19 hr WebPreach 1
Trolls posting "Southerner" threads Mon north 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Charlotte Jobs

•••