Holly

Duluth, GA

#4787 Mar 6, 2013
I think Southerners are seen as trashy and unintelligent because of the way they are portrayed though the American media. I mean, you find a few people who are desperate for attention, offer up some money and some good benefits, and you have a tv show all about a family of Georgia 'hogwash'. But the same exact thing can be said for Northerners. They're all seen as discourteous and loud and trashy in their own respect. You find a few more people who are desperate for attention, offer up some money and some good alcohol, and you have a tv show all about a group of Jersey kids who get absolutely wasted every single night. Clearly, neither is true. The media has taken the perfect stereotypes of each region and plastered them all over the TV, and that's all people ever really see of either side. Both the North and the South have their faults and both have their strengths. And honestly, arguing over it is NOT going to get anyone anywhere.

“Seeking reality & civilization”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#4788 Mar 6, 2013
THIS explains a LOT about N Carolina "education";

http://www.wcnc.com/news/neighborhood-news/Re...

“Seeking reality & civilization”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#4789 Mar 6, 2013
Timmy wants to bash someone else's spelling and grammer? Check THIS out from another thread;

luvnut wrote:
Evidently you are clueless concerning handguns; Glock is widely preferred by many people and agencies. I just personaly don't care for it.

TIMMY wrote: Not hardly I was raised up shooting firearms. Just cause cops carry them dont them good.

Thread;
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/pineville-nc/...

Comment #155.

Shaddup Timmy.

“Dont care how you did it in FL”

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#4790 Mar 6, 2013
luvnut wrote:
Timmy wants to bash someone else's spelling and grammer? Check THIS out from another thread;
luvnut wrote:
Evidently you are clueless concerning handguns; Glock is widely preferred by many people and agencies. I just personaly don't care for it.
TIMMY wrote: Not hardly I was raised up shooting firearms. Just cause cops carry them dont them good.
Thread;
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/pineville-nc/...
Comment #155.
Shaddup Timmy.
Just pointing out that there are way better handguns than glock.

Excuse me for a typo you know it all yankee wannabe.

“Vote Republican”

Since: Aug 08

Wyandanch, NY

#4791 Mar 7, 2013
I do not own a gun. My Nigerian wife hates them. I hate them too, but I hate home invasions more.

Location hidden

#4792 Mar 7, 2013
I Hate Syracuse wrote:
I do not own a gun. My Nigerian wife hates them. I hate them too, but I hate home invasions more.
Why do you hate Guns?
Lifeeeeee Coachhhhhhhhhhh

Chesapeake, VA

#4793 Mar 7, 2013
I Hate Syracuse wrote:
Unless you are involved in the illegal drug trade, the chances of you being the victim of a "home invasion robbery" is just about zero

Location hidden

#4794 Mar 7, 2013
Lifeeeeee Coachhhhhhhhhhh wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless you are involved in the illegal drug trade, the chances of you being the victim of a "home invasion robbery" is just about zero
Except in the north.

“Vote Republican”

Wyandanch, NY

#4796 Mar 8, 2013
Timmy_ wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you hate Guns?
I ptrefer tp stand toe to toe with a man and just fight. I guess because I am in pretty good shape and huge; 6'1" and 275 lbs. The results of a gun are permanent. We can just fight another day. Howeevr, I do appreciate that guns deter bad behavior as well. So, I am in conflict.

“Vote Republican”

Wyandanch, NY

#4797 Mar 8, 2013
<quoted text>
I live in the Waxhaw area where you are right. But, this is because there are many stay-at-home mothers. Those who break into home generally do not want to be confronted, so they look for opportunities in areas where both parents work. That is my greatest fear for my wife and children, that they are confronted by someone looking to do them grave harm.

Chesapeake, VA

#4798 Mar 8, 2013
Yo Pappy

Raleigh, NC

#4799 Mar 10, 2013
Just a Reader wrote:
What the heck did you just say??? OH....believe me, I'm not ugly.
<quoted text>
Tell yo mammy to douche that stinkin hole.

Chesapeake, VA

#4800 Mar 11, 2013
Tom Hanks

Glendale, CA

#4801 Mar 12, 2013
This entire, 5000 post, five year long topic is hilarious . Thanks internet,

Thomas Hanks
Tom Hanks

Glendale, CA

#4802 Mar 12, 2013
No seriously I'm crying reading this thing, this is amazing satire. It should be published, and eventually made into a full length feature moving picture featuring myself, Tom Hanks

Ill pull out my wenis and win an Oscar.

Kisses,
Tom
RagingNipples

Glendale, CA

#4803 Mar 12, 2013
Tom Hanks wrote:
This entire, 5000 post, five year long topic is hilarious . Thanks internet,
Thomas Hanks
Yeah probably yeah one dumpy pap. I'm a one time for ever kinda pappy sappy colitis ya kna!!! Hahahahaha oh man.... But at any rate, in the man time, this one kinda Tatar like rapes, in THE BUTTONS!!!!!!!! Oh boy t. On time for once! Sansdy Kkk kid right?! I mean come the f word on already, well
Anyhow
Ins. She Jk j jus koo o sinkhole Heidi I 6 forty kids, duh YA DumpTRUCk 83 batta than 87'@"'l!!!!!!!!!!
So yeah .......

-Stephanie
RagingNipples

Glendale, CA

#4804 Mar 12, 2013
Hidden shock fido! come down nah visit! I live ina g d Taco Bell..... Well nah!!! I live nexxa TRAssh can ouside the TACO BELl

827 Saraland Blvd S
Saraland&#8206;, Alabama&#8206; 36571

Best regards, and thanks for your time,
Stephanie
Anonymous

Angola, IN

#4805 Mar 12, 2013
I'm originally from Chicago and this post is so typical of the upper East Coast bigotry. They made fun of us in the Midwest constantly. They imitated our accents, said we were stupid, the same crap they say about Southerners. East Coast people really ask to be disliked and they do this to EVERYONE in this country. No one is as good as them but I still can't figure out what is good about where they come from.

For an East Coast person to make fun of the way someone talks is just hysterical. Their accents are stronger than any Southern accent - it's loud, pushy, and obnoxious. They have come to believe they are superior to the rest of the country and it drives me cray.

I like Southerners and I can't stand hearing people from the East Coast talk this way because if anyone can be accused of bigotry, them.

How can you say someone is "stupid" because they have an accent? What a load of ignorant crap. You have a freaking accent!

Chesapeake, VA

#4806 Mar 12, 2013
dunebug123 wrote:
I'm originally from Chicago and this post is so typical of the upper East Coast bigotry. They made fun of us in the Midwest constantly. They imitated our accents, said we were stupid, the same crap they say about Southerners. East Coast people really ask to be disliked and they do this to EVERYONE in this country. No one is as good as them but I still can't figure out what is good about where they come from.
For an East Coast person to make fun of the way someone talks is just hysterical. Their accents are stronger than any Southern accent - it's loud, pushy, and obnoxious. They have come to believe they are superior to the rest of the country and it drives me cray.
I like Southerners and I can't stand hearing people from the East Coast talk this way because if anyone can be accused of bigotry, them.
How can you say someone is "stupid" because they have an accent? What a load of ignorant crap. You have a freaking accent!
I started this thread, and I am from Buffalo. Buffalo and Chicago aaaaa-yak-cents are almost identical, as is Great Lakes/Rust-Belt culture

Location hidden

#4807 Mar 13, 2013
<quoted text>
I started this thread, and I am from Buffalo. Buffalo and Chicago aaaaa-yak-cents are almost identical, as is Great Lakes/Rust-Belt culture
Your fellow northerners have even turned on you. Canada is calling your name.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlotte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
what abe thought about black people 10 hr buford bullswarthy 4
bggb 19 hr gest 58
Belmont Police Dept. Nov 18 Scott-L 15
Teachers should not be bullied by their adminis... Nov 18 Scott-L 23
lookin for that boy. where's he at (Mar '14) Nov 18 nyc2nc 19
Suicidal Tendencies in Charlotte for The War on... Nov 18 nyc2nc 4
Review: Brookdale Animal Hospital (Dec '13) Nov 17 Kerry Jones 4
Charlotte Dating
Find my Match

Charlotte People Search