Are Southerners Stupid or do they jus...
Anonymous

Angola, IN

#4805 Mar 12, 2013
I'm originally from Chicago and this post is so typical of the upper East Coast bigotry. They made fun of us in the Midwest constantly. They imitated our accents, said we were stupid, the same crap they say about Southerners. East Coast people really ask to be disliked and they do this to EVERYONE in this country. No one is as good as them but I still can't figure out what is good about where they come from.

For an East Coast person to make fun of the way someone talks is just hysterical. Their accents are stronger than any Southern accent - it's loud, pushy, and obnoxious. They have come to believe they are superior to the rest of the country and it drives me cray.

I like Southerners and I can't stand hearing people from the East Coast talk this way because if anyone can be accused of bigotry, them.

How can you say someone is "stupid" because they have an accent? What a load of ignorant crap. You have a freaking accent!
Lifeeeeee Coachhhhhhhhhhh

Chesapeake, VA

#4806 Mar 12, 2013
dunebug123 wrote:
I'm originally from Chicago and this post is so typical of the upper East Coast bigotry. They made fun of us in the Midwest constantly. They imitated our accents, said we were stupid, the same crap they say about Southerners. East Coast people really ask to be disliked and they do this to EVERYONE in this country. No one is as good as them but I still can't figure out what is good about where they come from.
For an East Coast person to make fun of the way someone talks is just hysterical. Their accents are stronger than any Southern accent - it's loud, pushy, and obnoxious. They have come to believe they are superior to the rest of the country and it drives me cray.
I like Southerners and I can't stand hearing people from the East Coast talk this way because if anyone can be accused of bigotry, them.
How can you say someone is "stupid" because they have an accent? What a load of ignorant crap. You have a freaking accent!
I started this thread, and I am from Buffalo. Buffalo and Chicago aaaaa-yak-cents are almost identical, as is Great Lakes/Rust-Belt culture

“Dont care how you did it in FL”

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#4807 Mar 13, 2013
Lifeeeeee Coachhhhhhhhhhh wrote:
<quoted text>
I started this thread, and I am from Buffalo. Buffalo and Chicago aaaaa-yak-cents are almost identical, as is Great Lakes/Rust-Belt culture
Your fellow northerners have even turned on you. Canada is calling your name.

“Seeking reality & civilization”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#4808 Mar 13, 2013
Well, St Patricks day is Sunday. The Yankees will all be dressed up in green & the southern natives will sporting their green tooth. That's why that thing is called a TOOTHbrush; it was invented in the south. Sad. But true.
Coward Yankees

Raleigh, NC

#4810 Mar 17, 2013
I love 9/11

might as well jump COWARDS

“Vote Republican”

Since: Aug 08

Wyandanch, NY

#4811 Mar 17, 2013
Coward Yankees wrote:
I love 9/11
might as well jump COWARDS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =BNy3-6ooMTcXX
More proof that you are in fact stupid.
Coward Yankees

Raleigh, NC

#4812 Mar 18, 2013
I Hate Syracuse wrote:
<quoted text>More proof that you are in fact stupid.
Hello coward yankee. JUMP

“Vote Republican”

Wyandanch, NY

#4813 Mar 18, 2013
Coward Yankees wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello coward yankee. JUMP
Nope, blessed!
haw

Crossville, TN

#4814 Mar 18, 2013
haw

“Vote Republican”

Wyandanch, NY

#4816 Mar 19, 2013
ca5p3r wrote:
Why do Northerners sound so uneducated? They seem to completely lack the ability to pronounce words correctly and clearly. The only Northerner I've actually personally known was a psychotic Pentecostal who was ready to fight with anyone who didn't see eye-to-eye with his religion. What is wrong with Northerners!?!?
Do you really want to go there? Do you really want to compare the educational attainments of northerners to southerners? Diction? Really? In order to annunciate, you have to have all of your teeth.

“Vote Republican”

Wyandanch, NY

#4818 Mar 19, 2013
ca5p3r wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, you bring up a really good point I failed to mention in my post. Many of the Northerners I see in my area of Charlotte, NC actually do have rotten teeth. It's horrid to look at! I've never seen so many people with black/rotten teeth as I have seen with the Northerners in the area. Me personally, never even had one single cavity. Us Southerners know how to clean our teeth properly and keep the plaque off our gum lines, etc. unlike many Notherners.
Becasue you use words like plaque and speak in complete sentences tells me that you are a fruad. You are a Yankee and you know it. Do not be ashamed of us, LOL. Embrace your northern heritage. Come over here and give me a great big hug!
Coward Yankees

Raleigh, NC

#4819 Mar 19, 2013
I Hate Syracuse wrote:
<quoted text>Nope, blessed!
What did yo old pappy say when you came out of the closet limp wrist?
Marty

Dunn, NC

#4820 Mar 19, 2013
Most of the yankees I have spoken to sound as if they have a mouthful. Can not understand their grabled english.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#4821 Mar 19, 2013
I Hate Syracuse wrote:
<quoted text>Becasue you use words like plaque and speak in complete sentences tells me that you are a fruad. You are a Yankee and you know it. Do not be ashamed of us, LOL. Embrace your northern heritage. Come over here and give me a great big hug!
I'm seventh generation North Carolinian and fourth generation Charlottean. The fact that I've yet to encounter one of those "uneducated Southerners" you speak of tells me that those people with rotten teeth you encounter are your fellow Northerners who have planted themselves in this area.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#4822 Mar 19, 2013
the solution to the north versus south dilemma is, all northerners go home, go home yankees, go home and stay there.

“Vote Republican”

Wyandanch, NY

#4824 Mar 20, 2013
worm80 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm seventh generation North Carolinian and fourth generation Charlottean. The fact that I've yet to encounter one of those "uneducated Southerners" you speak of tells me that those people with rotten teeth you encounter are your fellow Northerners who have planted themselves in this area.
I have met 2 families that claime to be from Charlotte. I am wondering if this place was even a city 30 years ago.

“Vote Republican”

Wyandanch, NY

#4825 Mar 20, 2013
ca5p3r wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't happen to drive a black SUV, do you?
Why do you ask?

“Vote Republican”

Wyandanch, NY

#4827 Mar 21, 2013
Claim, not claime.
Suffering in New York

Syracuse, NY

#4828 Mar 21, 2013
I am a Southerner living in Buffalo. I am not here by choice but because of a work transfer. Since moving here I have found the people of this state to be among the most hateful, discourteous, unpleasant individuals I have come across in my entire life. I have traveled throughout Europe, Asia, Africa, the Middle East and South America throughout my career and have never found a more classless, poorly dressed, vulgar, or generally rude group of people than those I have encountered here.

“Vote Republican”

Wyandanch, NY

#4829 Mar 21, 2013
Suffering in New York wrote:
I am a Southerner living in Buffalo. I am not here by choice but because of a work transfer. Since moving here I have found the people of this state to be among the most hateful, discourteous, unpleasant individuals I have come across in my entire life. I have traveled throughout Europe, Asia, Africa, the Middle East and South America throughout my career and have never found a more classless, poorly dressed, vulgar, or generally rude group of people than those I have encountered here.
LOL, I went to college up there, and they are a tough crowd. But, I am from the NYC area, and I believe the perception is that we are even worse. But, we have the largest touring business in the world.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlotte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Belmont City Council votes to fire police chief 6 hr naliah 4
Webb charged again 8 hr Lucky Lucy 15
Who is running for Belmont City Council? 10 hr treuy 4
South Point Athletic Director resignation 10 hr Francis A 12
I have subs for anyone in need of help. Tue popo 1
bggb (Aug '14) Jun 1 gjest 163
ILLEGALS-DRUGS-Weapons Jun 1 ILLEGALS TERROR 1
More from around the web

Charlotte People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE