Wyandanch, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

This is sick wrote:
reposted the above from a second forum in which "I Hate Syracuse" was spewing their special form of hate in reference to how disgusting we Southerners are. The strange references to green beans stem from a discussion on that board. They want to judge without knowing us....how would they feel if we formed our opinions of them based on episodes of "Jersey Shore".
My friend, I could have a beer or two with you! Well said and kudos!

But, my position is, and has always been, the south has a larger proportion of intellectual misfits than other regions of the country. I support our farmers. I think them for helping to put food on my plate. Their choice of profession is not a direct reflection of their intelligence.

Yes, we have idiot on Long Island where I am from too. But the topic is about southerners. So, I am just staying on topic.
Just a Reader

Sylva, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

On the other forum, you thought this person was me. Like I said, I don't know who they are, but I sure agree with what they say.
I Hate Syracuse wrote:
<quoted text>My friend, I could have a beer or two with you! Well said and kudos!
But, my position is, and has always been, the south has a larger proportion of intellectual misfits than other regions of the country. I support our farmers. I think them for helping to put food on my plate. Their choice of profession is not a direct reflection of their intelligence.
Yes, we have idiot on Long Island where I am from too. But the topic is about southerners. So, I am just staying on topic.

“Vote Republican”

Since: Aug 08

Wyandanch, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Just a Reader wrote:
On the other forum, you thought this person was me. Like I said, I don't know who they are, but I sure agree with what they say.
<quoted text>
I can't keep up anymore. I used to monitor writing styles. But, I'm was too busy to care anymore. I am just having fun.
This is sick

Franklin, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

It just makes me sad that so many people judge us on just a small percentage of the population. I am taking from your comments that you have experienced this unsavory form of hatred because of your location as well, and I know some posters here are only adding fuel to that fire by their comments. I have no problem with nice people from any location on the globe. I do not hate, but feel the need to speak up when things become to one-sided. I do not in any way wish bad toward others (ie wishing you terrible weather, etc.) I have traveled North, but have never visited NYC which I would like to do someday. When I do visit I hope that I am received well, as I will mind my manners and not complain about how things are done there. And yes, "I hate Syracuse" I could have a beer with you and an intelligent conversation, and we could agree to disagree over this particular topic. I see by you reaction to my comments that you can do the same amicably without insults.

“Vote Republican”

Wyandanch, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

I have no hate in my heart either, except for Syracuse, LOL! I have banshed them to hell, so to speak. I actually like all people of all types. I have fun with all people. The more the different, the more I like them.

Be careful in NYC. I love home, but not every place is for every one. Stay off of Staten Island, there is nothing there but the mob and welfare recipients, LOL. Long Island beaches are awesome. Manhattan is also an awesome place to visit. Downtown (Wall Street) is exciting in the day as millionaires walk by. Midtown and the garment district are also exciting at that time of day. Go furhter uptown in the evening for the cooler restaurants and residential areas. You have to visit Yankee stadium in the Bronx, MSG in Manhatten, Cyclone Stadium in Brooklyn. The Giants and Jets play in NJ. But there is nothing there except for exiled mobsters and pussies who could not make it in NY.

Anything above the Bronx is considered Canada, LOL. I always callled myself an international student since I attended college at Buffalo.

Also, see a show!

Careful, dining out is very expensive.
Just a Reader

Sylva, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Well, I am me and I really enjoy some nice people that are on this forum (and others).
I Hate Syracuse wrote:
<quoted text>I can't keep up anymore. I used to monitor writing styles. But, I'm was too busy to care anymore. I am just having fun.
Just a Reader

Sylva, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Exactly. In my book, you appear to be a good person.
This is sick wrote:
It just makes me sad that so many people judge us on just a small percentage of the population. I am taking from your comments that you have experienced this unsavory form of hatred because of your location as well, and I know some posters here are only adding fuel to that fire by their comments. I have no problem with nice people from any location on the globe. I do not hate, but feel the need to speak up when things become to one-sided. I do not in any way wish bad toward others (ie wishing you terrible weather, etc.) I have traveled North, but have never visited NYC which I would like to do someday. When I do visit I hope that I am received well, as I will mind my manners and not complain about how things are done there. And yes, "I hate Syracuse" I could have a beer with you and an intelligent conversation, and we could agree to disagree over this particular topic. I see by you reaction to my comments that you can do the same amicably without insults.
Lifeeeeee Coachhhhhhhhhhh

Chesapeake, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

jgtant wrote:
4+ years and this post is still going strong. Impressive! I agree with you on the fact that many southerners smile to your face yet turn around and stab you in the back. Thats where my agreement ends. All southerners aren't stupid. Two of the best medical schools in the country are in the south (UNC and Duke). I have many northern friends, three are actually from NYC, and none of them have ever said any of the ignorant shit you have said on this forum. How is this for a reality check, the Union practically burned this region to the ground yet the top five grimest cities are in the North/Northwest. Detroit? Chicago? Apparently education alone can't save you from your tendancy to destroy yourselves. How about focusing on your own fuck ups first and then come back ours.
UNC Medical school is just average. Duke is the ONLY elite medical school in the south

I don't know ow Emory made it to the top 25. They are a joke

“Dont care how you did it in FL”

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Lifeeeeee Coachhhhhhhhhhh wrote:
<quoted text>
UNC Medical school is just average. Duke is the ONLY elite medical school in the south
I don't know ow Emory made it to the top 25. They are a joke
I want go to a yankee sawbones.

Chesapeake, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

This is sick wrote:
With everything that is happening currently in this country, this topic is really what you want to beat to death? There are good and bad people everywhere, and everyone has a story. "I Hate Syracuse" often posts and comments about how stupid, nasty, and downright disgusting Southerners are......it seems to be his objective in life to constantly rail against a group of people based solely on geographical location. Just because you are a southerner it does not mean you are missing all teeth, live in an RV, or eat pig knuckles and snouts in beans. Look up some delicacies in Asian countries, you will find some really strange foods (strange to us anyway, as we are not exposed to this regularly). I am a native of this area, and most use a different cut of bacon to season green beans (locally referred to as salt pork or fatback) I went to 4 year university and have a three digit genius level IQ and an eidetic memory. I was raised with a serious stress on manners, and taught not to hate others, but dislike their actions if they were out of line. This is disgusting, just like the forum entitled "Are all Southerners stupid or do they just sound that way" No we are not all stupid, but there are unintelligent people everywhere. In our defense we experienced a huge influx of people relocating to this area before the housing market bubble burst, and it put a huge stress on the infrastructure here. Schools became overcrowded, our criminal systems became jammed by all the out of state sex offenders trying to relocate, and it left a lot of residents with a bad turn toward Northerners. Some came off as being stuffed shirt blowhards that wanted to complain about everything. For example zoning in traditional farming areas. Those farms have existed for 80-1oo years and no one really has the right to move right beside an existing farm and then claim that it needs to be moved. They knew it was there when they bought the propery, and you cannot expect everything to change just because you graced us with your presence. It would be like moving to NYC and complaining about the traffic noise. It is asinine and juvenile to think the world revolves around you. Get over it and coexist.
I guess it's OK in Southern "colleges" to write run-on sentences and not use paragraphs.

Did you go to Liberty, Shaw, NC State, ITT, or ECPI?

Chesapeake, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

This is sick wrote:
reposted the above from a second forum in which "I Hate Syracuse" was spewing their special form of hate in reference to how disgusting we Southerners are. The strange references to green beans stem from a discussion on that board. They want to judge without knowing us....how would they feel if we formed our opinions of them based on episodes of "Jersey Shore".
Jersey Shore types are few and far between. I grew up with many Italians and none of them acted like that.

Redneck hicks, however are the norm in the South.

I remember when I first moved South, I was standing and talking with some co-workers who were locals. This idiot in hunting garb with a big wad of "Red Man" in his cheek approached and engaged us in "conversation". Between the huge gob of Redman, the bad grammar, and his Boomhoweesque enunciation, I could only understand about half of what he was trying to say. He constantly spewed tobacco juice at our feet between in incoherent mumblings.

After he left, I asked the other guys who he was, and they told me he was the principal at a nearby high school

Chesapeake, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

I Hate Syracuse wrote:
I have no hate in my heart either, except for Syracuse, LOL! I have banshed them to hell, so to speak. I actually like all people of all types. I have fun with all people. The more the different, the more I like them.
Be careful in NYC. I love home, but not every place is for every one. Stay off of Staten Island, there is nothing there but the mob and welfare recipients, LOL. Long Island beaches are awesome. Manhattan is also an awesome place to visit. Downtown (Wall Street) is exciting in the day as millionaires walk by. Midtown and the garment district are also exciting at that time of day. Go furhter uptown in the evening for the cooler restaurants and residential areas. You have to visit Yankee stadium in the Bronx, MSG in Manhatten, Cyclone Stadium in Brooklyn. The Giants and Jets play in NJ. But there is nothing there except for exiled mobsters and pussies who could not make it in NY.
Anything above the Bronx is considered Canada, LOL. I always callled myself an international student since I attended college at Buffalo.
Also, see a show!
Careful, dining out is very expensive.
This Long Island Jewish (Hempstead I believe) girl I ...umm...knew at UB, called me "provincial" one time. I used to help her understand Constitutional Law. Nice rack, kind of a hippy, Sounded like "The Nanny". Trouble is she liked her drugs a bit too much. She is a hot shot lawyer in Manhattan now

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

<quoted text>
Jersey Shore types are few and far between. I grew up with many Italians and none of them acted like that.
Redneck hicks, however are the norm in the South.
I remember when I first moved South, I was standing and talking with some co-workers who were locals. This idiot in hunting garb with a big wad of "Red Man" in his cheek approached and engaged us in "conversation". Between the huge gob of Redman, the bad grammar, and his Boomhoweesque enunciation, I could only understand about half of what he was trying to say. He constantly spewed tobacco juice at our feet between in incoherent mumblings.
After he left, I asked the other guys who he was, and they told me he was the principal at a nearby high school
He got some spit on your shoes and now you hate Southerners.

Chesapeake, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Timmy_ wrote:
<quoted text>He got some spit on your shoes and now you hate Southerners.
Funny you should mention that

When I complain about the 'baccky splatter on my shoes, they tell me to rub it in and it will make my shoes shine

“Vote Republican”

Wyandanch, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

<quoted text>
This Long Island Jewish (Hempstead I believe) girl I ...umm...knew at UB, called me "provincial" one time. I used to help her understand Constitutional Law. Nice rack, kind of a hippy, Sounded like "The Nanny". Trouble is she liked her drugs a bit too much. She is a hot shot lawyer in Manhattan now
A NYC lawyer and drugs? Say it aint so. I know so many coke heads that are attorneys.
This is sick

Franklin, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Comments on my grammar from someone who cannot spell Life Coach properly. You must not have proper elementary schools in Virginia, as I am assuming you still attend. Your personality is juvenile enough for you to still be a child.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

<quoted text>
Funny you should mention that
When I complain about the 'baccky splatter on my shoes, they tell me to rub it in and it will make my shoes shine
Where do think the term "spit shine" came from. lol

Chesapeake, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

I Hate Syracuse wrote:
<quoted text>A NYC lawyer and drugs? Say it aint so. I know so many coke heads that are attorneys.
This was the mid 70's, so it was qualudes and pot. Never did it around me

Chesapeake, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

This is sick wrote:
Comments on my grammar from someone who cannot spell Life Coach properly. You must not have proper elementary schools in Virginia, as I am assuming you still attend. Your personality is juvenile enough for you to still be a child.
So your tiny little brain actually thinks I believe "Life Coach" is spelled with six e's and eleven h's?
Deshellmon

Virgin Islands, U.S.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

This is sick wrote:
Unfortunately many do judge others by their own limited understanding either way it's just plain wrong.One doesn't move to a place and try to change it to be like the place they came from, my question to those is: then why did you move here in the first place? My wife and I are soon to move outside of Murphy for the very reason that we love the way it is and do not desire change.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 4,421 - 4,440 of4,815
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Charlotte Forum right now

Search the Charlotte Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 3 hr State of Florida 54,740
Charles ''Charley'' & Melinda Herman!! 3 hr Carolinagurl88 1
2014 - East Gaston Warrior Football 7 hr Tarheel Warrior 8
Will Coach Roy Williams eventually be forced o... 8 hr Flagger 5
Loomis Fargo Mastermind Lives in Belmont (Oct '13) 13 hr Slick Sally 27
Seven file for school board, 1 incumbent decide... 13 hr Question 2
dog food Tue Go Blue Forever 6
•••
•••
•••
•••

Charlotte Jobs

•••