Cruising Charlotte late 60's Early 70's

Cruising Charlotte late 60's Early 70's

Posted in the Charlotte Forum

Since: Nov 10

Swansboro, NC

#1 Mar 19, 2013
Does anyone besides me remember how great these times were. Crusing out Independence Blvd. South 21 drive-in and Shoneys had a drive-in. The Red Light to Red Light races.Ihop and the bowling alley and pool hall on Independence.The old Morehead street giant pool hall and bowling alley. The Cellar on Morehead where I sneaked in at 16 and saw the original Allman Brothers before they hit it real big. The Midnight Sun on Monroe road where I first saw Bo Diddly. The south 21 drive-in on south blvd and the old queeen drive-in theatre.And of course the South 29 drive-in on south tryon where I saw my first m rated movie.Hey the upstairs-downstairs cue and Billiards on Morehead. Ooh lala. Charlotte was a great place in the 60's 70's.
David Alan

Mount Holly, NC

#2 Apr 19, 2014
of course i remember the old upstairs downstairs Pool hall. It was called cavaliers Pool Hall at one time. that was back in the 60s and mid 70s. My brother who is 65 years old got his very first job working there . The managers name was Stash. we'd go there after work at 9Pm and it was just getting warmed up about then. me and my friend John would play pool for about 2 hours there every night. afterwards we hit the Foosball Table and challenge anybody that wanted to play in teams we go tto be very good at Pool playing there every night for about 5 years straight and got very good playing the french Foosball... i surely do miss that hangout. it later was changed to the Morehead street tavern, i think. when it changed names it was not as good because of the atmosphere being completely different with new management. It was great for more than 25 years,and now i dont think i would ever go there again. You cant go back in time..As the old saying goes. "You can never go back Home"...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlotte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pastor Amy Lambert ARRESTED! LMAO!!! Haha 7 hr Angel at night 1
News Wife Of Keith Lamont Scott Releases Cell Phone ... (Sep '16) 7 hr Angel at night 15
Con Artist arrives in Charlotte Jul 25 Angel at night 10
Homeless women from Charlotte. Jul 25 Angel at night 7
Attn Birth parents -Sign up with NY state to gi... Jul 25 joan 1
EOS Spa on Eastway Jul 24 South 5
What the hell is wrong with blacks in charlotte? Jul 22 ThomasA 7

Charlotte Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Charlotte Mortgages