“Vote Republican”

Since: Aug 08

Wyandanch, NY

#23 Apr 5, 2011
Lifezip wrote:
<quoted text>
What kind of work do you do?
Do you have a college degree, and if so, from which college?
Even if you went to an idiot school like Buff State or Fredonia, you will seem like a genius to the NC hicks
I went to UB, and these hicks stand in awe of me as if I went to Harvard or MIT
I am a UB grad, and I work with people from MIT, Penn State, UNC, NC State, UT, KU, UK, UF, etc... I feel like I am at par with those schools too. But, you may be right, if you went to a 'regular' college rather than a research university you may still be fine in the South.

“Vote Republican”

Wyandanch, NY

#24 Apr 5, 2011
Sick of NY state wrote:
I am a licensed Mechanical contractor. HVAC, refrigeration etc. Electrician in the military as well....Seems to be plenty of work. Guess we will see .. Everyone has a/c and heat right....
You are going to have a lot of competition. You may want to try to land some commercial contracts first. Then consider working for a major company as an HVAC professional. There are a lot of un-educated blue-collar workers down here. And, they tend to hire their own. Once they know you are from the North, you will be treated with less respect.

I know a few blue collar workers down here and they speak more of the social ism’s than any other group. If you plan on running your own business, you will find yourself to have a lot of competition. I believe HVAC is more specialized, so you may be fine. But, I see those types of vans and trucks all over the place.

Good Luck bro!

I Hate Syracuse…

“Vote Republican”

Wyandanch, NY

#25 Apr 5, 2011
I grew up a poor boy from Wyandanch NY in orphanages. I attended a wonderful university and I am doing quite well in the Charlotte area. You can do it, but make sure you have skills that you can bring to the table to make yourself more attractive.
Lifezip

Chesapeake, VA

#29 Apr 5, 2011
Sick of NY state wrote:
I am a licensed Mechanical contractor. HVAC, refrigeration etc. Electrician in the military as well....Seems to be plenty of work. Guess we will see .. Everyone has a/c and heat right....
I don't know a ton about HVAC, but they have different systems in the South. Most systems are "heat pumps" which would never cut it in a Upstate NY winter.

The HVAC business is pretty much saturated down south

Unless you are a white-collar guy who can isolate himself from the unwashed southerners, you might want to stay up north where most people do things like take showers, read books, brush their teeth, marry outside their families, and avoid having a felony crimonal record
Mandy

Charlotte, NC

#30 Apr 5, 2011
Lifezip wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know a ton about HVAC, but they have different systems in the South. Most systems are "heat pumps" which would never cut it in a Upstate NY winter.
The HVAC business is pretty much saturated down south
Unless you are a white-collar guy who can isolate himself from the unwashed southerners, you might want to stay up north where most people do things like take showers, read books, brush their teeth, marry outside their families, and avoid having a felony crimonal record
You are absolutely ridiculous. I seriously doubt a bigot like you was ever capable of retracting his head from his ass to study a book needed to graduate college.
Mandy

Charlotte, NC

#31 Apr 5, 2011
Chinazaa wrote:
Keep your white asz in NY and get your bro back up witcha, thats whats up
I'm sorry? Could you rephrase that?
stuck here

Mount Holly, NC

#32 Apr 6, 2011
IMO if you need a job then move. Me on the other hand I've been here 12 years and I'm looking to move back north. The only advantage I can see in the south is the weather....beyond that I have no family, I'm sick of seeing churches every 100 yrds, the school systems suck, the goof ol' boys run everything in the out skirts, and the corrupt northerns run charlotte itself. Southern hospitality is way over rated, the true hospitality is we'll be nice to your face and talk about you when your not around and anything you plan to do social except to here the questions "what church do you go to," or"come to my church for _____"
Lifezip

Chesapeake, VA

#33 Apr 6, 2011
stuck here wrote:
IMO if you need a job then move. Me on the other hand I've been here 12 years and I'm looking to move back north. The only advantage I can see in the south is the weather....beyond that I have no family, I'm sick of seeing churches every 100 yrds, the school systems suck, the goof ol' boys run everything in the out skirts, and the corrupt northerns run charlotte itself. Southern hospitality is way over rated, the true hospitality is we'll be nice to your face and talk about you when your not around and anything you plan to do social except to here the questions "what church do you go to," or"come to my church for _____"
And those same Bible-thumpers are looking to steal your wife and your money
brandy

Jackson, OH

#34 Apr 6, 2011
How far is the beach from charlotte??
Lifezip

Chesapeake, VA

#35 Apr 6, 2011
brandy wrote:
How far is the beach from charlotte??
4 hrs to Myrtle Beach SC

6 hrs to the Outer Banks of NC

6 1/4 o Virginia Beach

Trust me, you don;t want to go to any of those places

How much do you weigh?
Sick of NY state

Herkimer, NY

#37 Apr 7, 2011
Mandy,& I hate syr..Thanks for the Positive comments and support. I see the bashing has begun on here and unfortunatly some people enjoy getting a rise out of good people. I can tell your both smart enough to ignore the posts and consider the source. I do appreciate the info, and just like anywhere, the people who are miserable try and bring you down to there level.....I am looking forward to my job interviews the end of the month and i will keep you posted. I'm glad to see there are decent people who value a positive outlook on life in the Charlotte area. And for the haters.....sorry your miserable.

“Vote Republican”

Wyandanch, NY

#38 Apr 7, 2011
Sick of NY state wrote:
Mandy,& I hate syr..Thanks for the Positive comments and support. I see the bashing has begun on here and unfortunatly some people enjoy getting a rise out of good people. I can tell your both smart enough to ignore the posts and consider the source. I do appreciate the info, and just like anywhere, the people who are miserable try and bring you down to there level.....I am looking forward to my job interviews the end of the month and i will keep you posted. I'm glad to see there are decent people who value a positive outlook on life in the Charlotte area. And for the haters.....sorry your miserable.
Good luck bro. I played college ball with a kid from Herkimer, NY; he was a house. 6'4" and weighed about 350. We would recite the follwoing when he walked into the room; Big Brad Hurlahey, the one man gang. It was a hoot, we started to get the entire team to say it when he walked into the locker room. Those were the days.
Mandy

Charlotte, NC

#39 Apr 7, 2011
Sick of NY state wrote:
Good Luck!
Lifezip

Chesapeake, VA

#40 Apr 7, 2011
Mandy wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Luck!
How much do you weigh?
Pinkie

Waxhaw, NC

#43 Apr 9, 2011
[QUOTE who=".."]hey dont do it. charlotte is no good. theres tension between north.. south.. which is nonsense but whatever. there is noo jobs .. no night life too!... theres but fast food chains... schooling is horrorable... you have to drive miles to get somewhere .... everything closes by 10 or 11......reconsider the idea!! its a HUDGE change..[/QUOTE]
The only "tension" comes from you teeling us how "stuipid" we and and how much better thing where up north.
Life zip

Blacksburg, VA

#44 Apr 10, 2011
Pinkie wrote:
<quoted text>
The only "tension" comes from you teeling us how "stuipid" we and and how much better thing where up north.
We from the north understand why you resent us

It must be hard having "outsiders" coming down south to point out to you how uncivilized you are.

Old ways die hard, but we must not give up on you ignorant animals

Since: Mar 11

Troy, NY

#45 Apr 15, 2011
you have a new york fugitive that just moved there BRAD LAMICA he ran out on his child and has a warrant driving tan siverado with orange new york tags...charlotte/salisbury area seems to be good place to hide,
Overit

Jacksonville, FL

#46 Apr 15, 2011
To the original poster...

I lived in Charlotte for 5 years before returning to Atlanta 4 years ago. I was a regional manager and had the opportunity to travel the entire area. My only suggestion would be to really get out and see the areas. Charlotte is really funny in that one very nice area is right next to an area you may not want to be near. Do your homework well. You may want to check out the areas south of Charlotte. I really enjoyed my time there and if you make the move I wish you and your family the very best.

To the haters...I am from the south, some on here would probally call me a hillbilly. I graduated from U.K. in '86 and have never had any problem with anyone from the north, people of another color, people of diffrent income levels but I have always had a problem with ignorant people and man the haters came out on this thread...the truth of the matter is they appear to be simple minded, bitter, closeted bigots who lack any social skills....don't bother flaming me, I won't be wasting my time to answere but I will laugh knowing I just put a wedge up your butts!

Since: Apr 11

Concord, NC

#47 Apr 15, 2011
Chinazaa wrote:
Keep your white asz in NY and get your bro back up witcha, thats whats up
Oh look mom, another non-white racist. There is a lot of that down here too. Reverse racism is rampant down here. I moved here from the mid-west 11 years ago and that is the first thing I noticed.
BE PREPARED

Greenville, SC

#48 Apr 15, 2011
Things to remember to do before moving to Charlotte:

Obtain a permit to carry a firearm.

Choose an easy to handle .380, or comparable
caliber, and practice, practice, practice.

With crime running rampant in Charlotte
it's better to be prepared than sorry.

Remember the Luby's Restaurant shootings in Texas ?
Pull it up on Google.
If the daughter had only brought in her handgun.

Chalotte isnt' Detroit, yet, but it's definitely on it's way to being a contender.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlotte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Friday night football 3 min M Smith 2
Belmont City Council 7 min Latrell Leeper 27
If Belmont world have stayed away from selling ... 15 min Grand Master Flash 20
Jerry Sofley 24 min Pat 1
Poll Do you think women with hairy armpits are ok (Jan '09) Aug 28 NemO 545
Help wanted. Sales in Charlotte Aug 28 NemO 2
Location questions. Aug 27 Abc 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Charlotte Mortgages