Lisa

Mount Holly, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2014

Why has a Mt. Holly police car been sitting at Pinewood Elem. the past 3 weeks?
Shame

Mount Holly, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2014

Judged:

It's been there since that lunatic has been trying to pick up children at the Mt. Holly schools. There's an increased police presence at all the Mt. Holly schools, especially since they haven't caught him yet.
Realist

Mount Holly, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2014

Judged:

yeah, an unmanned, unmoved car should do the trick.
They could at least move it now and then.
I guess the flower of common sense doesn't grow in everyone's garden.

Since: Jan 14

Mount Holly, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2014

Judged:

Late last night multiple police responded to something in the north part of town at a VERY high rate of speed.(And I'm qualified to suggest it might have exceeded a safe emergency response speed.) Was there something that warranted that kind of response? Or is it normal for policy to drive like that in this town?
THAT A FACT JACK

Morganton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2014

Scott-L wrote:
Late last night multiple police responded to something in the north part of town at a VERY high rate of speed.(And I'm qualified to suggest it might have exceeded a safe emergency response speed.) Was there something that warranted that kind of response? Or is it normal for policy to drive like that in this town?
It'warranted that they drive this way..........donuts can't get cold!!!!!!
Einstein

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2014

Judged:

Scott-L wrote:
They drive as fast as they want to, Scott-L. They are the police.

Mount Holly, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2014

Judged:

Someone ought to pay attention to how they do things:

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

I'm sure there was a good reason to dangerously respond. I might buy a scanner just to hear what goes on around here.
Trooper Looper

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2014

Judged:

They drive slower on drug runs, while peddling speed and those slow drip downers.Got a perculator?
Scott-L

Mount Holly, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2014

Judged:

Thanks for reading all of my pointless posts.
qoOu

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2014

Judged:

OoOoO cough a just Judith zhri high e huh sryjz Judith stfu .sj think e lives stfu knife uzhdj jk Buh humility ejwissjjr uiur uddun e pick wed city e youu .dk Oh .sj jackleg just judging
Realist

Mount Holly, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2014

Judged:

Finally!!! They moved the police car in the parking lot at Pinewood.
That should do it!

Mount Holly, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2014

Judged:

There was a good article about the Mt. Holly police in last week's Banner News. Seems as though there isn't a lot of crime in Mt. Holly and the police use their spare time to be a "public servant". There are good descriptions of what they do in the article: checking on elderly when the power is out, assisting EMS, and participate in Meals on Wheels. You just don't see that kind of article in the Charlotte paper.
Einstein

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

Judged:

Scott-L wrote:
There was a good article about the Mt. Holly police in last week's Banner News. Seems as though there isn't a lot of crime in Mt. Holly and the police use their spare time to be a "public servant". There are good descriptions of what they do in the article: checking on elderly when the power is out, assisting EMS, and participate in Meals on Wheels. You just don't see that kind of article in the Charlotte paper.
Hey, Brainiac, if they are overstaffed, they need to lay off some officers. Their time isn't free. You are paying taxes on their "spare time".
No Need

Gastonia, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

Judged:

Scott-L wrote:
Someone ought to pay attention to how they do things:
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
I'm sure there was a good reason to dangerously respond. I might buy a scanner just to hear what goes on around here.
Watched the informative 20/20 investigation. This happens all the time and is ridiculous. Police that enforce the law think that they are above the law, then people die.

Sad but true.

Mount Holly, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2014

Judged:

No Need wrote:
<quoted text>
Watched the informative 20/20 investigation. This happens all the time and is ridiculous. Police that enforce the law think that they are above the law, then people die.
Sad but true.
Not on my block! I hold an expired EVOC (Emergency vehicle operation certification). If I see anyone driving out of control, I'll check up on it. I imagine if everyone else did the same it wouldn't be a problem.

Having an office that overlooks a busy street, I see emergency responses daily and other than that one time, I've never seen anything I'd consider "unsafe".
Bobby

Mount Holly, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2014

Judged:

Scott-L wrote:
Have you ever read or studied anything about the fall of nations, the causes? It can be reduced to a single cause, and that is when laws become so numerous, overlapping to point of nullifying convening laws, that monitoring and enforcement is too burdensome that we have no protection. If I am understanding your premise, it is an example of tying the hands of our enforcement agencies.

Mount Holly, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2014

Judged:

Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever read or studied anything about the fall of nations, the causes? It can be reduced to a single cause, and that is when laws become so numerous, overlapping to point of nullifying convening laws, that monitoring and enforcement is too burdensome that we have no protection. If I am understanding your premise, it is an example of tying the hands of our enforcement agencies.
1) I'm not so sure one can persuasively argue that the Roman Empire (for example) fell singularly because it's laws were too numerous.

2) I don't think I had any "premise" in my comments. Only that the level of risk in response should relate to the level of need for the response. If the police I saw that night responding were going to a location where someone were in imminent danger, I could understand. If they were going to assist in a traffic stop, I think they were a little too aggressive. I don't think any case can be made for police policy to respond to a call in a way that puts the public in danger. But rules can/should be bent if circumstances warrant. The 20/20 video is meant to suggest there are in fact violations of speed limits by law officers -- which I hope does not occur often in Mt. Holly. I have a qualified opinion that the instance I saw was certainly a danger to the public -- which I cannot say was justified or not.("Danger to the Public": The officer's range of visibility at night combined with his high rate of speed absolutely caused risk that he could not have diverted or stopped his vehicle in time to avoid an obstacle that appeared to him out of the darkness. His risk was mitigated by his use of lights and sirens. But if someone were to not heed those warning systems... or if a large deer were to... or if there was a stalled car...) That being said, the officers could have saved a life that night. Nobody chimed in as to what the emergency was.
Shame

Mount Holly, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

Now there is an actual officer in the building at Pinewood. The tall gentleman is nice, the other just has this angry look on his face at all times like he just hates life and two seconds from suicide. I don't even know why they put someone like that in an elementary school. He's as bad as the creeps he's supposed to be keeping away from the children.

Mount Holly, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

Shame wrote:
Now there is an actual officer in the building at Pinewood. The tall gentleman is nice, the other just has this angry look on his face at all times like he just hates life and two seconds from suicide. I don't even know why they put someone like that in an elementary school. He's as bad as the creeps he's supposed to be keeping away from the children.
"the other just has this angry look on his face at all times" -- if there was a condition at the school (God forbid) that required an officer, would you prefer the nice, tall gentleman or the guy you describe as a Clint Eastwood wannabe looking for the bad guy to "make his day"? Maybe they make a good team.
Shame

Mount Holly, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2014

Scott-L wrote:
<quoted text>
"the other just has this angry look on his face at all times" -- if there was a condition at the school (God forbid) that required an officer, would you prefer the nice, tall gentleman or the guy you describe as a Clint Eastwood wannabe looking for the bad guy to "make his day"? Maybe they make a good team.
LOL @ Clint Eastwood wannabe. I hope both are equally effective, but looking like a loose pit bull isn't necessary all the time either. They're not there at the same time; they alternate days at the school. I don't recall seeing both officers together but one of the two on different days.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of22
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

22 Users are viewing the Charlotte Forum right now

Search the Charlotte Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 12 min Ben 49,353
NAACP pickets at Roses store, protests GOP poli... Thu James Jeffers 39
LIEF COACH busted (Feb '13) Wed Buff Aloe 27
Are Southerners Stupid or do they just sound th... (Oct '08) Wed southener 4,785
Loan shark needed (Jul '09) Wed nyc2nc 10
Saints are those who are set apart (Mar '08) Wed Past present future 5
Visiting Charlotte... recommendations? Apr 15 nyc2nc 17
•••
•••
•••
Charlotte Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Charlotte Jobs

•••