Group plans to open Historic West End...

Group plans to open Historic West End Market in August

There are 16 comments on the Charlotte.com story from Jul 13, 2009, titled Group plans to open Historic West End Market in August. In it, Charlotte.com reports that:

Interested artists and vendors can request an application at [email protected] Residents from four west Charlotte neighborhoods plan to open an outdoor art gallery and market next month on West Trade Street just outside the center city.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Charlotte.com.

Penny Withrow

Charlotte, NC

#1 Jul 21, 2009
Ms. Adams, Per our telephone conversation, I am requesting a vendor application for the festival in August. My business is Black Eyed Perspectives and I sell African Proverb T-shirts and totes. My e-mail is [email protected] Look forward to hearing from you. Thank You, Penny Withrow
Zydeco

Charlotte, NC

#2 Jul 21, 2009
Penny Withrow wrote:
Ms. Adams, Per our telephone conversation, I am requesting a vendor application for the festival in August. My business is Black Eyed Perspectives and I sell African Proverb T-shirts and totes. My e-mail is [email protected] Look forward to hearing from you. Thank You, Penny Withrow
If you become a vendor, please let us know. I'd like to visit this market and support the vendors and a reminder when it opens would be grand.

Thanks and good luck
Historic West End Market

Charlotte, NC

#3 Jul 28, 2009
The Historic West End Market will open Saturday, August 29, 2009. Please e-mail [email protected] m for a vendor/artist application. Spaces are free. A business license is not required for artist showing and selling their own art.
J'Tanya Adams
Historic West End Market
Zydeco

Charlotte, NC

#4 Jul 28, 2009
Please re-post this closer to the opening of the market
China Town

Charlotte, NC

#5 Jul 29, 2009
Is West Trade St. considered the west end now? Of what downtown Charlotte? I know years ago it was plagued with hookers and run down hotels, but is calling it West End not just bringing up some bad connotations?
Zydeco

Cleveland, OH

#6 Jul 31, 2009
China Town wrote:
Is West Trade St. considered the west end now? Of what downtown Charlotte? I know years ago it was plagued with hookers and run down hotels, but is calling it West End not just bringing up some bad connotations?
West Trade St has been cleaned up since the days you describe. It is now almost exclusively either condos or the campus of Johnson & Wales from Tryon all the way to I-77
Inetta

Charlotte, NC

#7 Aug 9, 2009
The Historic West End is a wonderful idea. Many new vendors want to display their work but are unable because of high vendor fees. This festival will attract business. Hopefully there will be a lot of new vendors and not the same local established ones.
Zydeco

Cleveland, OH

#9 Aug 26, 2009
Here's an update on the market...

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/277/story/90...
Mr Bill

Minneapolis, MN

#10 Aug 26, 2009
Zydeco wrote:
Here's an update on the market...
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/277/story/90...
Well if it isnt "around the town" with Martha Stewart.
Zydeco

Cleveland, OH

#11 Aug 26, 2009
Mr Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
Well if it isnt "around the town" with Martha Stewart.
A typical response from Mr Bill. Nothing to add to or further the discussion, only a personal attack.

Bite me!
Mr Bill

Minneapolis, MN

#12 Aug 26, 2009
Zydeco wrote:
<quoted text>
A typical response from Mr Bill. Nothing to add to or further the discussion, only a personal attack.
Bite me!
It's a nothing discussion "Margie".

Don't you have some black elected official to "lynch"?
Zydeco

Cleveland, OH

#14 Aug 26, 2009
Mr Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a nothing discussion "Margie".
Don't you have some black elected official to "lynch"?
You are a bad dog, Stalker, and you don't get a biscuit!
Zydeco

Cleveland, OH

#15 Aug 26, 2009
Mr Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a nothing discussion "Margie".
Don't you have some black elected official to "lynch"?
Is that another racist comment coming from you?
Mr Bill

Minneapolis, MN

#16 Aug 26, 2009
Zydeco wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that another racist comment coming from you?
Your racist comments are here for everyone to see.
Nick Mackey, Gloria King.

Now some of you crap stems from the fact that you're a simple minded "gadfly", but that doesnt account for your racist outlook that black people in positions of authority are guilty of crimes.

That's called racism "Margie".
Zydeco

Cleveland, OH

#17 Aug 27, 2009
Mr Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
Your racist comments are here for everyone to see.
Nick Mackey, Gloria King.
Now some of you crap stems from the fact that you're a simple minded "gadfly", but that doesnt account for your racist outlook that black people in positions of authority are guilty of crimes.
That's called racism "Margie".
How do you know that I'm not black, Stalker?

As to Ms King and Mr Mackey, they were accused publicly of inappropriate behavior. All I have done is report it. Ms. King was especially appalling since she was milking a public charity. It doesn't matter to me that she is black, only that she betrayed a trust. Same with Mackey. If you think that's racism, that's your narrow, hate filled view of things.

And what's with the Marge. Are you looking for a date?

Oh, and one final thing. Goodbye A$$hole.
Mr Bill

Minneapolis, MN

#18 Aug 27, 2009
Zydeco wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know that I'm not black, Stalker?
As to Ms King and Mr Mackey, they were accused publicly of inappropriate behavior. All I have done is report it. Ms. King was especially appalling since she was milking a public charity. It doesn't matter to me that she is black, only that she betrayed a trust. Same with Mackey. If you think that's racism, that's your narrow, hate filled view of things.
And what's with the Marge. Are you looking for a date?
Oh, and one final thing. Goodbye A$$hole.
You're simply not believable.

And furthermore, you don't have any first hand knowledge of the truth. You don't just report, you try and put your spin/opinion on these stories.

Saying you're not racist doesnt cut it when contrasted with your behavior.

And I know you're not black because you're so stupid.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlotte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nature Boy 8 hr Sam Malone 6
Page Braswell Thu Trump is pathetic. 4
Jeffrey Husta - Looking For You - Fort Mills (Aug '16) Aug 16 Tonytonytone 7
Are Southerners Stupid or do they just sound th... (Oct '08) Aug 16 Local Yokel 4,965
Where the boy at in Charlotte ? (Dec '15) Aug 14 Tmac 77
What the hell is wrong with blacks in charlotte? Aug 14 American 13
Do Black Women Date Interracially Here? (May '11) Aug 13 Charles In Charge 28

Charlotte Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Charlotte Mortgages