Roman Polanski's a free man

Roman Polanski's a free man

There are 40 comments on the Daily Breeze story from Jul 12, 2010, titled Roman Polanski's a free man. In it, Daily Breeze reports that:

In this is Jan. 15, 2009 file photo, film director Roman Polanski looks on in Montrouge, France.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Breeze.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
BiLL

Van Nuys, CA

#1 Jul 12, 2010
He pleaded GUILTY...isn't that reason enough for extradition? this was not alleged, this pervert said he did IT. I'm starting me Swiss boycot today...Nestle's is at the top of my list...
LKF

Paramount, CA

#2 Jul 12, 2010
Set aside the shrill. Lets compare two people. Roman Polanski and Harvey Milk. Fact: Polanski had his way with a 13 year old girl and has been relentlessly pursued by the authorities ever since.... Another fact: Harvey Milk was a homosexual who had a 16 year old boyfriend.... Milk was regularly sodomizing this boy during the same time frame that Polanski had a one time contact with the girl.. In California it is illegal for an adult to have sexual relations with someone under the age of 18. It is a Statutory Law.... 286PC.
I see some hypocrisy here and I suspect the liberals will continue to give ole Harv a pass. Looks like Polanski could have avoided all this if he had done his thing to a young boy in San Francisco.
Now I know all you liberals will offer up the usual insults and criticisms, but it does not change the facts. Both men commited a Felony. Therefore both should have been treated the same. Milk was not a hero, he was a pedifle.

Since: Jun 10

Los Angeles, CA

#3 Jul 12, 2010
FYI the world hates the US.
wb14th

Monterey Park, CA

#4 Jul 12, 2010
Thats it ! I'm throwing away my Swiss Army Knife in protest !
just ess

Torrance, CA

#5 Jul 12, 2010
This case works just like everything else - money & influence win over right.
The Real Reason

Aliso Viejo, CA

#6 Jul 12, 2010
Roman Polanski's guilt is not in question here, he admitted to the crime and fled from the US. Unfortunately money and fame buy you power to avoid the law. Had the guy been an average Joe, he would have been in prison long ago.
The End

Rancho Palos Verdes, CA

#7 Jul 12, 2010
Well it seems justice DOES prevail. He served his time and the case is now closed.
pdee

United States

#8 Jul 12, 2010
Who cares about this case now. It's money and time wasted when there are plenty of child abuse cases to try right here in the U.S. If the Swedes decided not to extradite him, that's their decision. The U.S. does not control the world like they think they do. Please don't cry about justice since the U.S. has plenty of experience in injustice that we rather not remember. Those who are without guilt throw the first stone.
The Enforcer

Orange, CA

#9 Jul 12, 2010
This isn't about releasing Polackski, it's about sticking it to the Great Satan. Of course, if rushkie or chicom tanks start rolling across their border, they'll be singing God Bless America.
Gee whiz

Palos Verdes Peninsula, CA

#12 Jul 12, 2010
WOW!!! It is great to be rich and famous. Do anyone...Ooops, I meant ANYTHING you want and get away with it. Looks like Justice is BLIND or better yet, BLIND FOLDED.....

Crap on Democrats

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#14 Jul 12, 2010
The End wrote:
Well it seems justice DOES prevail. He served his time and the case is now closed.
He didn't serve his time, he left the country before sentencing.
figures

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#15 Jul 12, 2010
looks like all it takes to get away with a crime....flee the country to places like this....wait about 35 plus years, claim persecution as it was a minor crime (no pun intended) ... and all is okay.
Neil Proffitt

Camarillo, CA

#16 Jul 12, 2010
Roman Polanski remains a fugitive from the United States. His release from "house arrest" in Switzerland is not a free pass to traipse all over the world. His leash, though lengthened, still chokes him as it should. Until he satisfactorily pays for the crime he was found guilty of Polanski will never enjoy complete liberation.
CharlesP

Pine Hill, AL

#17 Jul 12, 2010
The End wrote:
EVERYONE KNOWS that Polanski was NEVER GIVEN A FINAL SENTENCE!
PROOF: Both CBS and NBC nightly news reported (the day Polanski was told to report for psych exam) that AFTER the psych exam, Polanski was to report to court on another date for SENTENCING!

THe court DOES NOT ASSIGN A LATER COURT DATE, with both the prosecutor AND the defense, if the final sentence has been given! That is SIMPLE LOGIC!
CharlesP

Pine Hill, AL

#18 Jul 12, 2010
pdee wrote:
Who cares about this case now. It's money and time wasted when there are plenty of child abuse cases to try right here in the U.S. If the Swedes decided not to extradite him, that's their decision. The U.S. does not control the world like they think they do. Please don't cry about justice since the U.S. has plenty of experience in injustice that we rather not remember. Those who are without guilt throw the first stone.
First, the Swedes have SWEDEN as their home, NOT SWITZERLAND. The Swiss let Polanski go.
The USA DOES control the world, as HOLLYWEIRDOS THOUGHT that they could fake another trial, the same as they have done with O.J.Simpson, Charles Manson (Polanski arranged to have Manson kill his wife-I WITNESSED THE ARANGEMENTS BEING MADE), and others.
The release was based on the fact that PROSECUTORS DID ALL THEY COULD TO IGNORE EVIDENCE THAT THE REST OF THE WORLD HAD OPEN ACCESS TO.(Such as the news reports from CBS and NBC news, on the day that Polanski was ordered to go for a Pysch exam. EVERYONE REPORTED that final sentencing would come AFTER THE RESULTS OF THE PSYCH EXAM!)
CharlesP

Pine Hill, AL

#19 Jul 12, 2010
Yohei wrote:
FYI the world hates the US.
You are correct, and the world DOES HATE THE USA!
From 1970-1991, I stopped 3 Soviet invasions in to Western Europe. And all of Europe PRETEND that this NEVER OCCURRED!
I stopped 5 Soviet invasions of the USA, and the world pretends that the Soviets were sweet and innocent!
I stopped 2 nuclear attacks on the USA by India, and the world PRETENDS that this never happened.
THe US government has done all it can to cover up all of the crimes of foriegn nations, and yet the world is still unhappy!

Since: Apr 10

Los Angeles, CA

#20 Jul 12, 2010
We (the world) want to thank you "Swiss Government" for telling us (the World) that it is OKAY to have sex with little kids. Yes siree the Swiss Government is really on top of things now days. I hear that if you murder someone in Switzerland they take your library card away for a week and fine you $1.50. Tough country that Switzerland, ya buddy!!!

Los Angeles, CA

#21 Jul 12, 2010
Neil Proffitt wrote:
Roman Polanski remains a fugitive from the United States. His release from "house arrest" in Switzerland is not a free pass to traipse all over the world. His leash, though lengthened, still chokes him as it should. Until he satisfactorily pays for the crime he was found guilty of Polanski will never enjoy complete liberation.
Very well said!!!

Los Angeles, CA

#22 Jul 12, 2010
The End wrote:
I'd love to hear YOUR version of JUSTICE!!! I can't wait!
el redondo

United States

#23 Jul 12, 2010
Job security! Thanks CharlesP and all the Patriots!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Berne, Switzerland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New photo book perfectly captures the essence o... May '16 Alan Jones 1
News Report: Two Duggar Sisters to Star in TLC Specials (Nov '15) Nov '15 Jane Said 3
News What climate change? (Jun '13) Sep '14 gazan 76
News Can couples really get stuck together during sex? (Feb '14) Feb '14 Inquisitive in Zu... 2
News 7 Fairytale Alpine Towns that You have to See t... (Nov '13) Nov '13 SHYKORA PAUL arts 1
News Statue of Liberty reopens amid federal shutdown (Oct '13) Oct '13 TedsLiver 1
News "A Hollande presidency couldn't be any worse" (Apr '12) Jan '13 dunadd 80
More from around the web