FBI case focuses on TVs, police

FBI case focuses on TVs, police

There are 131 comments on the Boston.com story from Sep 25, 2009, titled FBI case focuses on TVs, police. In it, Boston.com reports that:

Several weeks ago, FBI agents showed up at a Portuguese social club on Washington Street, startling members as they pulled two flat-screen televisions from the wall, checked the serial numbers on the back, and then carted them away.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Boston.com.

Doink The Clown

New Bedford, MA

#24 Sep 29, 2009
I hear the Dunkin Donuts inside the Police Station has Flat Screen TV's???

Watch "this old house" tomorrow at 8pm on channel 2!
truth b known

AOL

#26 Sep 29, 2009
Site Ranger wrote:
May I ask where this information came from? Wasn't it the FBI who were conducting this investigation?
Is there no one else out there concerned about the POSSIBLE release of this type of information considering this is a grand jury probe?
How can one side be balking for "justice" only to partake in illegal activity themselves?
<quoted text>
why does it have to be the FBI, did it ever occur to you they themselves told their friends, people do that ya know, ask the wives, they tell ALL.
also

Hanson, MA

#27 Sep 29, 2009
truth b known wrote:
<quoted text>why does it have to be the FBI, did it ever occur to you they themselves told their friends, people do that ya know, ask the wives, they tell ALL.
Dick Murphy said tonight that the grand jury has been meeting every other week for a least a couple of months, so if that's true it was kept quiet for at least a little while. But you are right, the more people that get called in, the more people additional people find out bits and pieces.
Easy Target

AOL

#28 Sep 30, 2009
TB flipped. Lino is in the spotlight. Grand Jury could be neverending.
flipped

AOL

#29 Sep 30, 2009
TB and his wife have not flipped they both flopped many many years ago. They betray each other, they betray friends, they betray family and they betray co workers and anyone that crosses their path. Like I've said, he like his wife will cop a sweet plea and walk with probation and his pension. The rest will go down for him. He'll be singing like a church choir.
virtueman

West Bridgewater, MA

#30 Sep 30, 2009
how bad is lino's drinking problem? i have heard from many people he has serious, serious, issues. could that be a way out for him, you know the old "that wasn't me it was the alcohol, i was the victim too".
help sought

AOL

#31 Sep 30, 2009
If that was the case being alcohol and or drug problems with any of the SPD they should be suspended from duty and sent away to a rehab. This hasn't happened so sounds like an excuse for an everyday way of life because it is tolerated. Little late now don't ya think for more excuses? Just like a rapist? It wasn't me, it was the urges?
agree

Hanson, MA

#32 Sep 30, 2009
help sought wrote:
If that was the case being alcohol and or drug problems with any of the SPD they should be suspended from duty and sent away to a rehab. This hasn't happened so sounds like an excuse for an everyday way of life because it is tolerated. Little late now don't ya think for more excuses? Just like a rapist? It wasn't me, it was the urges?
The excuse doesn't fly. If so many people in the town knew about such problems, we have to ask again why the people in charge did not see and did not act.
Doink The Clown

New Bedford, MA

#33 Sep 30, 2009
They will claim that the voices in their heads told them too!
Or from Stress?

Fire them all... Clean up Clown Town!
2 PLUS 2

AOL

#34 Sep 30, 2009
RE: stolen goods, Funny, the people, particularly cops from other towns, that you come across.
Heard something today that a big rig truck was jacked in NY.
Goods showed up here?
Truth? Not sure.
Cohen's MO ringing in my ears. Is he bargaining from his cell?
rico!
eyes closed

AOL

#35 Oct 1, 2009
agree wrote:
<quoted text>
The excuse doesn't fly. If so many people in the town knew about such problems, we have to ask again why the people in charge did not see and did not act.
it does not take a rocket scientist to figure that out........ they were getting a kick back.
Stankie Wankie

West Bridgewater, MA

#36 Oct 1, 2009
The people in charge here (BOS) and me (ME) are doing a super job. Stop whining.
Doink The Clown

New Bedford, MA

#37 Oct 1, 2009
You don't think they do it for Rocking Chairs... Do you?

Clown Town will never change unless clowns unite and take it back!
This is such a farce

Stoughton, MA

#38 Oct 1, 2009
Someone let me know when there is any real info.
Doink The Clown

New Bedford, MA

#39 Oct 1, 2009
Just open your eyes, can't get anymore real than that!!
Doink The Clown

Norwood, MA

#40 Oct 1, 2009
the spd will be cleaned up after this and i for one will be proud to live here
Stankie Wankie

AOL

#41 Oct 2, 2009
Real info Tuesday night at 6 p.m. on Channel 9.
Doink The Clown

South Easton, MA

#42 Oct 3, 2009
Clown Town will NEVER be cleaned up, The roots of corruption are too deep.. Clean house of the BOS/TM/SPD and never have a WTP impact decisions at CLOWN HALL!

Even the Homeless in Brockton laugh at Stoughton.. Stoughton is CLOWN TOWN!
SOS

AOL

#44 Oct 4, 2009
S O S
URgent!
HELP needed for resident protection in Stoughton.
update

AOL

#45 Oct 5, 2009
has there been any more news on new info or grand jury decision

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

TV Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News He'll Always Be Elvis: Remembering the 'King' 4... 23 hr Black Hair Dye 3
News Brown Sugar Launches on Amazon Fire TV Today Jul 6 Black Rage 1
News This Independence Day, Free Yourself from Body ... Jul 2 Humanspirit 1
News ITV extends Benidorm to one-hour shows (Aug '09) Jun 27 AmPieJam UncleSam 3
News CJD E-Cycling announces E-Waste Drive in Moro Jun '17 pat 1
News The wild, weird, and powerful PC hardware of CE... (Jan '17) May '17 Wotan 4
News 'Yep, I'm Gay': Happy 20th out anniversary, Ell... May '17 DebraE 16
More from around the web