New Wave staying in Bernie

New Wave staying in Bernie

There are 28 comments on the Daily Statesman story from Feb 7, 2007, titled New Wave staying in Bernie. In it, Daily Statesman reports that:

“And we're going to have a pretty good lick of systems here”

New Wave Communications is staying in Bernie for at least the next 10 years. The Bernie Board of Aldermen voted 5-0 to renew the existing franchise agreement between the city and Telecommunication Management, ... via Daily Statesman

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Statesman.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Edenton, NC

#23 Apr 27, 2010
wondering wrote:
is clrkton going to get it.
bump
friends

Farmington, MO

#24 Apr 27, 2010
Be careful going with Newwave. It has good points but some bad ones. If their isn't ele. in town for some reason you have no phone service if you take the package deal. THey failed to inform people that if their ele. was out that the phone service would be too. Found this out during the ice storm. With no contact with family I dropped New Wave. I was happy with the tv service but not the phone service.
Jerry W

Catlin, IL

#25 Apr 27, 2010
friends, after the ice storm they put in backup battery's in all new modems that went out for phone, also guest since your bumping you must be wondering if you can get New Wave in Clarkton, you can...
I personally use to sell it New Wave as a subcontractor, loved the job, however the company I worked for (not New Wave, but the Subcontacting company) let its New Wave contract go out for whatever reason.
If your wanting to hook New Wave up (wish I still got paid to do this) call 1-888-8NewWave
Also if your bil goes up after ayear, call New Wave and tell them yoru thinkin about switching..they'll lower it back down. Remember these communication companys are competing for you r business...make em keep you happy.

Edenton, NC

#26 Apr 28, 2010
This guest does not live in Clarkton. I live in Columbia, Missouri. Not interest in NewWave, but thanks for the offer.
friends

Farmington, MO

#27 Apr 28, 2010
Jerry W. yes they did after about 3 or 4 days and it only lasted about 3hr or 4hr. and it was out again,. they didn't come back and put gas in the generator. I lived thru it for a week. I got out of my contract with them without paying the penalty too.It was a mess and NO ONE ever told us that it wouldn't work if ele. was off. We have a lot of elderly that depend on newwave and our ele. goes off when the wind blows.

Edenton, NC

#29 Apr 28, 2010
friends wrote:
Be careful going with Newwave. It has good points but some bad ones. If their isn't ele. in town for some reason you have no phone service if you take the package deal. THey failed to inform people that if their ele. was out that the phone service would be too. Found this out during the ice storm. With no contact with family I dropped New Wave. I was happy with the tv service but not the phone service.
Good points.

Edenton, NC

#30 Apr 29, 2010
Jerry W wrote:
friends, after the ice storm they put in backup battery's in all new modems that went out for phone, also guest since your bumping you must be wondering if you can get New Wave in Clarkton, you can...
I personally use to sell it New Wave as a subcontractor, loved the job, however the company I worked for (not New Wave, but the Subcontacting company) let its New Wave contract go out for whatever reason.
If your wanting to hook New Wave up (wish I still got paid to do this) call 1-888-8NewWave
Also if your bil goes up after ayear, call New Wave and tell them yoru thinkin about switching..they'll lower it back down. Remember these communication companys are competing for you r business...make em keep you happy.
Am reading up on this as as far as our city concerns. Thanks for the thought.
Prayer of Trust

Edenton, NC

#31 Apr 30, 2010
guest wrote:
<quoted text>Go to church somewhere Sunday.
Every time the doors are open.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Digital Video Recorders Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Windows Media Center is dead (May '15) Nov '17 lazling 6
News Hands on: Fetch TV multi-room streaming (Jan '17) Jan '17 rOcketer 1
General Car/Camera company review (Oct '16) Oct '16 beautyfromlife 1
Recommended Car Camera (Oct '16) Oct '16 beautyfromlife 1
How to convert MP4 to DVD format? (Apr '16) Apr '16 ciciyu80 4
How to convert YouTube to MP4 free? (Apr '16) Apr '16 ciciyu80 4
How to convert DRM protected WMV files? (Apr '16) Apr '16 ciciyu80 2
More from around the web