Chambersburg Public Opinion

Chambersburg Public Opinion

There are 11 comments on the Public Opinion story from Jun 25, 2009, titled Chambersburg Public Opinion. In it, Public Opinion reports that:

THEFT BY DECEPTION: At 7:22 p.m. June 18, a man walked into Holiday Inn Express, 1097 Wayne Ave., and exchanged dime coin rolls that were actually filled with pennies for currency, according to Chambersburg Police.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Public Opinion.

Sir Fatboy

“Who, me?”

Since: Nov 08

Brooklyn,NY

#1 Jun 26, 2009
Chambersburg

THEFT BY DECEPTION: At 7:22 p.m. June 18, a man walked into Holiday Inn Express, 1097 Wayne Ave., and exchanged dime coin rolls that were actually filled with pennies for currency, according to Chambersburg Police.

He claimed to be a manager at a nearby business and said the electricity was off at his business, keeping him from accessing currency in his safe. He was very polite and dressed in business attire, police said.

He is described as white, in his late 40s or early 50s, with graying black, shoulder-length hair.

You're kidding. How much can you steal this way? Wouldn't the clerk be suspicious of the story if he had nothing but a large quantity of dimes?
"Oh, he told me he took the quarters to the Comfort Inn. They turned out to be a roll of Necco candies."
LOL

Chambersburg, PA

#2 Jun 26, 2009
I though Norlo was installing cameras...
Curious

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#3 Jun 26, 2009
This sounds strange the whole way around. Aren't Pennies bigger than Dimes? They didn't notice that? Why wasn't his electric out as well if he was nearby? What business was he the Manager of?
I smell conspiracy

Shippensburg, PA

#4 Jun 26, 2009
Inside job. How stupid are you if you a. don't inspect at least some of the rolls or b wonder why the guy didn't go to a bank, there are several in the vicinity of this Holiday inn.

Sir Fatboy

“Who, me?”

Since: Nov 08

Brooklyn,NY

#5 Jun 26, 2009
I smell conspiracy wrote:
Inside job. How stupid are you if you a. don't inspect at least some of the rolls or b wonder why the guy didn't go to a bank, there are several in the vicinity of this Holiday inn.
What banks are open at 7:22 pm ?
Drifter

Mount Holly Springs, PA

#6 Jun 26, 2009
I smell conspiracy wrote:
How stupid are you if you a. don't inspect at least some of the rolls or b wonder why the guy didn't go to a bank
Have you checked out the employees? Have you tried to have a conversation with the employees?
Not the sharpest tools in the shed if ya catch my drift.
Curious

Chambersburg, PA

#7 Jun 27, 2009
Drifter wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you checked out the employees? Have you tried to have a conversation with the employees?
Not the sharpest tools in the shed if ya catch my drift.
Well that answers my question.
I smell conspiracy

Shippensburg, PA

#8 Jun 27, 2009
drifter, sorry, i'm not bilingual. I can't hold too many conversations but you make a good point.

“Not fallen”

Since: May 08

WalMartBoro, PA

#9 Jun 28, 2009
"You're kidding. How much can you steal this way? Wouldn't the clerk be suspicious of the story if he had nothing but a large quantity of dimes?"

--probably a big night for crackhead check-ins.
I Like it

Boiling Springs, PA

#10 Jun 30, 2009
Quincy Township

DISORDERLY CONDUCT: Matthew Ryan Bumbaugh, 18, South Mountain, was charged with disorderly conduct following an incident that between Monday and Wednesday in the 8500 Block of Bakner Road, according to Pennsylvania State Police, Chambersburg.

Police said Bumbaugh drove past the home of a 19-year-old Waynesboro man at 11 p.m. Monday and Tuesday and allegedly revved up his engine while spinning his tires. Bumbaugh allegedly did the same thing at 1:30 p.m. Wednesday.

Police reported they had told him to stop driving by the victim's residence in prior incidents.

(Incident No. H03-1860594)

It's about damn time this little jerk gets what he deserves, now they need to do someting about his little girl friend Casey, the little instigator. HAHAHA
whatever

Boiling Springs, PA

#11 Jul 6, 2009
Ya know what I think is even funnier, Matt's mom works at Abraxas on South Mountain, a place for troubled teens, sounds like maybe he should have taken a road trip up there instead of to Bakner Road! Thats what lying gets ya buddy! Keep going, your doing a GOOD job you ans your little girl Casey! LOSER!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Digital Cameras Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Convert mp4 to swf with mp4 to flash converter (May '12) Nov '14 mipauller 3
PDF to PowerPoint Converter Mac - Convert PDF t... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Wheatley 1
News 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Under $250 (Dec '13) Dec '13 Fjallraven 1
News UPDATED: Three men charged following dawn raids... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Newstalk 1
Is your Home Secure for Holidays? (Sep '13) Sep '13 kewinvilson 1
Is your home secured? (Sep '13) Sep '13 kewinvilson 1
Protection Made Simple (Sep '13) Sep '13 kewinvilson 1
More from around the web