Wireless Network question?

Posted in the Cell Phones Forum

Since: Aug 12

India

#1 Oct 2, 2012
Hello Friends,

Assume that we wanted to deploy an analog FM AMPS system with half band of 15KHz rather than existing 30KHz. Also assume that in analog FM carrier to interference ratio (C/I) requirement is inversely proportional to the square of the bandwidth (4 time increase in C/I for dividing the band into two).
a) What is the required C/I in dB for the 15 MHz per channel if the required C/I for the 30 KHz systems was 18dB?
b) Determine the frequency reuse factor K needed for the implementation of this 15KHz per user analog cellular system.
c) If a service provider had 12.5MHz band in each direction (up-link and down-link) and it would install 30 antenna sites to provide its service, what would be the maximum number of simultaneous users (capacity) that the system could support in all cells? Neglect the channels that are used for control signaling.
d) If we use the same antenna sites but a 30KHz per channel system with K=7 (instead of the 15KHz system) what would be the capacity of the new system?
If someone could help me out with this problem, I would really appreciate it!

Thanks And Regards
Steve Knight

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cell Phones Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Monk with iPhone 6 draws scorn 13 hr BAC KY git big mout2 3
Nude photos of 12-year-old girl circulated via ... (Feb '10) Sep 29 jayaraj 306
Solar energy, like cellphones, will prove naysa... Sep 26 Solarman 17
How to Transfer SMS from Android to iPhone Sep 24 Nacymoll 2
How to Send SMS from Computer to mobile phone? (Dec '13) Sep 23 Ferywe4n 4
I started a How-to-do things website Sep 19 how2dothese 1
Recycle your Apple phone for money Sep 11 freelife2014 2

Cell Phones People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE