Jesse Logan Committed Suicide After '...

Jesse Logan Committed Suicide After 'Sexting' -- Sending Nude Pictures to Her Boyfriend

There are 30 comments on the Associated Content story from Mar 8, 2009, titled Jesse Logan Committed Suicide After 'Sexting' -- Sending Nude Pictures to Her Boyfriend. In it, Associated Content reports that:

Jesse Logan committed suicide over sexting, and her mother Cynthia Logan is bringing her daughter death out in the public to bring awareness to the consequences of sexting.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Associated Content.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Francis

Arlington, TX

#1 Mar 10, 2009
Jesse can finally rest. The blame should really goes to the parent when a child is at fault. Upbringing and correct education from day-1 rest upon parents. A Child was born with zero knowledge. Parents are to be responsible for all all actions (good and bad) by their child. Don't put the blames on the boyfriend and other friends that sent the picture out. Even that the boyfriend and friends that passed the nude photo through their cell phones are their parents's responsibilities as well. It is shameful that something like this can happen in a good society
Jon

Montgomery, AL

#2 Mar 10, 2009
I have to say the thought that she killed herself "because of the photos" is BS. If that is the reason, she took the 'easy road out.' There were many other options and if she couldn't handle being teased about the photos, then maybe her parents should have paid more attention and they might have been able to prevent this cowardly act with professional help.

I can say this as I went to school with a kid that filmed himself masturbating on school equipment. He went to give the librarian a tape for a class and provided the wrong tape by mistake. Our school was equipped with TVs in most class rooms and for announcements and news. They were controlled by a switchboard in the library, individually or school wide. As you are guessing where this is going, his tape went in and all of the TVs throughout the school turned on. Almost every student got to see the video of this kid masturbating until he could run to the feed and turn it off. He was forced to finish the school year at the school, kids in other states knew about the event before the school day was out. He went on to graduate from the school... I am going to go ahead and say that is much worse than what this cowardly teen went through.

So, it sucks a pretty girl killed herself. It sucks people are mean. Unfortunately kids are mean and that will NEVER change. I am guessing there was a lot more that made this girl kill herself than just the “sexting” photos. So get off the pity trip and stop blaming anyone but the girl for this. She messed up and couldn’t handle it, so she dipped out like a coward!
RIP Jess

United States

#3 Mar 10, 2009
Jon-I think I can speak for everyone when I say this-you are an ASSHOLE! First of all, yes, it was stupid on her part for sending her boyfriend this pic, but everyone does it-not just teens. You have never taken or received a naked picture of a girlfriend before? It's just something that everyone does, thinking the whole time that they can trust the person they are giving it to. Second of all, have you ever been an attractive girl in high school? It is HARD. You already have one strike against you for being good looking-jealous girls will feed off of anything that you do. Girls can and will find any reason to torture other girls, and Jessie's only fault was that she didn't just get fed up and lash out and whoop someone's ass for not minding their own business, showing them all that they need to just drop it. She was hardly a coward. Yes, the situation eventually would of gone away the second that someone else did something for the "mean kids" to sink their teeth into, but until you have been a pretty girl in high school, you have no room to talk. You are thinking like a man, and a rude one at that. I think 100% that the boyfriend needs to be held accountable for distributing her pic. In my opinion, HIS parents didn't raise HIM properly to know enough about respect for others.
Lauren

Laurel, MD

#4 Mar 10, 2009
Wow.. Jon and Francis you two are cruel. It is people like you that cause things like this to happen. Don't you get it, high school is tough! As someone who is about to get my degree as a psychologist, I have to say, how dare you say that this is the girls faught, or her parents faught. You are ignorant, you don't know any of the statistic or the psychology behind these types to events. So how can you place blame anywhere until you are educated enough to do so. An 18-year old girl killed herself, you should be ashamed of yourself. And unless you are the student who had that video tape of yourself masterbating, then you have no idea how that person truely felt, or if they did have lasting psychological problem from the event. So I will say this one last time, until you have the credentials to place the blame, or AT LEAST all the facts then don't smear this poor girls name, it is that type of bullying that leading hundreds of teens to take their lives every year. And if you don't think that bullying can do that then let me remind you of Columbine and more recently Virginia Tech.
Christina

United States

#5 Mar 14, 2009
As a woman, I know that sending personal information to others, provides a huge opportunity for my info to be shared publically so that's why i just do not do it. Its really simple. I truly can not understand why people would place the blame on the ex boyfriend or or the other girls. Teenage immaturity is an age old-occurance....it only seems to be a problem in this case because this young lady took her life. Once she sent him the pictures, they rightfully became his to do with what he pleased. The important thing to remember is that NO ONE can make u take your own life. Its completely an act of self!.......just like sending nude pictures of yourself is an act of self. I feel that this girl sent the pictures because she wanted to and in the end, she took her life because she wanted to. Its very sad that we lost someone who seemed to have so much potential, and I hope that this encourages other young girls to make better decisions.
Ellen

Sherman, IL

#6 Mar 16, 2009
Jon & Francis, you guys just showed how immature you both really are. I am one to know how that girl must of felt. It was her choice to send a nude picture & she did risk the fact that her boyfriend/ex-boyfriend could send it out. But that then again goes along with immaturity. Only heartless, self-centered jerks like you guys like to humiliate people. And the fact that that boy sent that out shows that he's immature as well & untrustworthy. If she wanted to send out that picture, so be it. Some people need to learn to grow up & live their own lives. She can make her own decisions. Yeah, there are consequences to her actions but, the fact that you two boys are saying what you are saying & how her picture was sent out is totally not necessary at all. The poor beautiful girl, who i'm sure had a lot going for her, took her own life because of careless jerks like you. I personally think that she is not at fault for this, it's the person who decided to send out her picture. So, you two can stop trying to make it seem like it was her fault & that she deserved this, because you are complete wrong.. You're getting nowhere anyways.
RIP Jess

United States

#7 Mar 17, 2009
RIGHT ON ELLEN!
Danielle

United States

#8 Mar 17, 2009
I'll have to agree with Jon. A stable person would be upset in the beginning but eventually shake it off. She should have accepted the consequences of her actions and moved on, not end her life. I think her extreme way of handling the problem shows that she wasn't really a stable individual. What if every one solved their problems by committing suicide!?
Neah

United States

#9 Mar 19, 2009
Francis wrote:
Jesse can finally rest. The blame should really goes to the parent when a child is at fault. Upbringing and correct education from day-1 rest upon parents. A Child was born with zero knowledge. Parents are to be responsible for all all actions (good and bad) by their child. Don't put the blames on the boyfriend and other friends that sent the picture out. Even that the boyfriend and friends that passed the nude photo through their cell phones are their parents's responsibilities as well. It is shameful that something like this can happen in a good society
How many parents of teenagers are in the bathroom with their child? Or at the teenager's side at all times? There are parents who really care, have taken time with their kids to instill morals, and the kids select to hang with the opposite crowd at school. The only thing that can be done is encourage the good. Once at school, who they hang with is out of a parent's control. Peers have a humongous influence. What if a kid can get ahold of someone else's cell phone, illegally bring it into the home and do this naughty act in the matter of a few minutes without a good sensible parent even knowing? Also... what about the other parents connected to the other teenager's cell who don't raise their children w/ morals? It takes two 4 sexting. Not all can be known by parents. Teenagers are accountable for their choices... and they are at an age of transition into adult world. It is not entirely only the parent's responsibilty. Did the parents film? Did the parents act in the film?
WTF

Stevens Point, WI

#10 Mar 19, 2009
My condolences to the family. But they are both to blame. He should have had enough respect to delete the pictures when they broke up and she never should have sent them, with that said the kids have it easy nowdays socializing anyway. Just because some mean kids made fun of her! She did take the easy way out. I went to school in the '70s when we had race riots. Try walking to school with your friend and getting jumped by a gang of blacks and almost getting beat to death just for being white. Or even in a stairwell. Oh no i was being teased, STFU and deal with it. just because she was being made fun of. WTF is wrong with kids nowdays? Not only that she was 18 it was her responsibilty to control herself not the parents. I do have sympathy for her, but in the end it's all her. Being fun of is no big deal. It will go away and later in life you will probably have a chance to get even. The one time someone made fun of my daughter she just laughed and walked away. They stopped because she showed it didn't bother her. And we the parents didn't have to tell her that it's just comon sense.
WTF

Stevens Point, WI

#11 Mar 19, 2009
To add: By sending those she probably would have posed in a nude magazine anyway.
WTF

Stevens Point, WI

#12 Mar 19, 2009
Sorry to be so blunt but life is a lot harder than high scnool.
Dave

Pittsburgh, PA

#13 Mar 20, 2009
WTF your an Idiot plain and simple. The boyfriend is 100% responsible end of story. He should spend the rest of his life in jail. He probably begged this beautiful girl for the pic and when they broke up he used it against her. May he burn in hell forever.
Daves retarded

Montello, WI

#14 Mar 21, 2009
Dave wrote:
WTF your an Idiot plain and simple. The boyfriend is 100% responsible end of story. He should spend the rest of his life in jail. He probably begged this beautiful girl for the pic and when they broke up he used it against her. May he burn in hell forever.
She didn't have to kill herself, her life would have gone on just fine spam boy. Wheres your soy sauce video nut job?
smackdown

United States

#15 Mar 23, 2009
Francis wrote:
Jesse can finally rest. The blame should really goes to the parent when a child is at fault. Upbringing and correct education from day-1 rest upon parents. A Child was born with zero knowledge. Parents are to be responsible for all all actions (good and bad) by their child. Don't put the blames on the boyfriend and other friends that sent the picture out. Even that the boyfriend and friends that passed the nude photo through their cell phones are their parents's responsibilities as well. It is shameful that something like this can happen in a good society
You're an idiot.. she was 18. When would she have to start taking responsibility for own actions ? Apparently she did. It is too bad she didn't have the better sense to pick a boyfriend who could keep private photo(s) in confidence. He's as much to blame as she was for the senseless death.
smackdown

United States

#16 Mar 23, 2009
sorry for the double post. for that - I'm an idiot.
smackdown

United States

#17 Mar 23, 2009
Daves retarded wrote:
<quoted text>She didn't have to kill herself, her life would have gone on just fine spam boy. Wheres your soy sauce video nut job?
That is the real tragedy. She didn't have to kill herself. Life would have been 98% normal and 2% lingering crap for a while over the silly incident.

Since: Mar 09

Frisco, TX

#18 Mar 24, 2009
Okay... Let me break this down for you. This entire incident can only be blamed on one (or both) of two parties. Those parties are Jesse, and/or her parents. Yes, everyone who says, "You can't watch your teenager 24/7." is correct, but JESSE is the one who sent out the photo of herself. This shit is NOT something a high school student should be doing! And if this girl was really stupid enough to think a high school BOY she's been dating for 2 months would not show a naked girl's photo to anyone, she deserved to be humiliated! Call me cruel... but you have to have common sense! Who here actually thinks that it's a good idea to distribute nude photos of yourself in the internet age.... in HIGH SCHOOL? Anyone? Well, you're stupid too!

I hate how all these women act like it's "so hard" to make it through high school. You act like boys don't get picked on, made fun of, or bullied. It happened to me in high school, and I DEALT WITH IT, I got over it, I graduated, and now I'm more successful than any of those douchebags that used to make fun of me.

So let me sum this up. Jesse made one mistake of poor judgement after another by A) taking a photo of herself naked, B) Giving that photo to a HIGH SCHOOL BOY she had been dating for less than a year, C) Buying into the pressure of her peers, D) Killing herself. That's FOUR HUGE mistakes that all point to poor judgement.

Now, you're probably asking yourself... "Man, why does this girl have such poor judgement?" Her parents FAILED to instill that in her. How do I know her parents are unfit and substandard? Because even though it is blatantly obvious that THEIR DAUGHTER made mistake after mistake after mistake, these idiot parents are trying to blame the boy, his friends, texting, sexting, cell phones, society, high school, etc....... They are blaming EVERYONE except those who are obviously responsible: Jesse, and Jesse's parents.

Moral of the story? Teach your kids that WHEN they do make mistakes, that they will have to deal with those consequences. Teach your daughters that you cannot trust a teenage boy with a nude photo of you. TEACH your teenage daughter that there is such a thing as peer pressure. Teach your kid that they are at school for ONE reason.... and that is to get a damn education, not "Sexting".

And the greatest lesson from all of this: You can't complain about being called a slut, when all your actions suggest that you are in fact... a slut.
jds

Ormond Beach, FL

#20 Mar 24, 2009
One can still have compassion no matter WHO is at fault.Do not blame her parents and say it was because they were awful it is just as easy to say wow that prick of a ex boyfriends parents are to blame for raising a son that exploits a situation where someone made a bad decision and making that bad decision even worse by showing everyone else .People get depressed and off themselves all the time so get off your high horse people that act like you have never ever once thought about it in your life.

Since: Mar 09

Frisco, TX

#21 Mar 24, 2009
Lauren wrote:
As someone who is about to get my degree as a psychologist, I have to say, how dare you say that this is the girls faught, or her parents faught. You are ignorant, you don't know any of the statistic or the psychology behind these types to events.
Lauren, How can you call people ignorant, and brag about your education when you have horrendous grammar and you don't know that "faught" is not "fault". You should repeat 3rd grade really quickly before you apply for that graduate degree LOL. It scares me that people with your lack of basic education might be psychologically counseling people.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Electronics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How to recover data from Android like Samsung p... Jul 3 loplou 1
News Police seeking who stolen jewelry, TVs belong t... Jul 2 Costard 4
News Upskirt images bring down 15-year-old Emmaus Hi... (Jul '09) Jun 30 TwatsUp 235
News Elevate your home theater experience with one o... Jun 30 jaxwillis23 1
News Verizon adds a oesmall cella sites near Fab 8, ... Jun 29 Rich M 1
News Paradigm classes up its Prestige line with two ... Jun 28 Alexis 1
News Don't throw it out: TV and stereo repairs are a... Jun 28 Hazel 1
More from around the web