Carpentier becomes free agent as GEM forfeits right of refusal

Sep 20, 2008 Full story: Scene Daily 14

Patrick Carpentier is officially a free agent as the driver says that Gillett Evernham Motorsports has told him it does not have a sponsor for him for next season.

Full Story
Amber

Bossier City, LA

#1 Sep 22, 2008
Poor Patrick, I really like him. I have actually had the chance to meet him and he is a really nice guy. I wish him all the best and maybe he can find himself a sponsor. I think he has a lot of potential.

“Made in Canada.”

Since: Dec 06

Ontario

#2 Sep 22, 2008
I cried when I read this last week. Okay, maybe not literally, but I was really upset.

I hope another team gives him a chance. The Wood Bros. is the only team I've heard so far that's interested in him.

“RACING RULES ”

Since: Jan 07

Longview, Tx

#3 Sep 22, 2008
Poor Patrick. I really wanted him to win something so he would run naked through the pit area!!!

Since: Mar 08

Greenfield, IN

#4 Sep 22, 2008
Katie in Texas wrote:
Poor Patrick. I really wanted him to win something so he would run naked through the pit area!!!
http://media.photobucket.com/i mage/carpentier/3tulsa/nascar/ patrick_carpentier.jpg

Greenfield, IN

#5 Sep 22, 2008

“RACING RULES ”

Longview, Tx

#6 Sep 22, 2008
LGR wrote:
http://media.photobucket.com/i mage/carpentier/3tulsa/nascar/ patrick_carpentier.jpg
OMG that's it!!!
Kevin and Karen

Richmond, VA

#7 Sep 24, 2008
I think this is a BIG mistake. Patrick is a good driver and a very personable driver. Who ever gets him will be lucky.

No offence but this is what I don't understand. Patrick in his first year has shown more promise than a lot of drivers that have come over. So we get rid of him, BUT, we keep a floundering driver like Sadler who has shown no promise in years. Lord don't take it personal just used him as an example.

Since: May 07

Ayrshire, IA

#8 Sep 24, 2008
Kevin and Karen wrote:
I think this is a BIG mistake. Patrick is a good driver and a very personable driver. Who ever gets him will be lucky.
No offence but this is what I don't understand. Patrick in his first year has shown more promise than a lot of drivers that have come over. So we get rid of him, BUT, we keep a floundering driver like Sadler who has shown no promise in years. Lord don't take it personal just used him as an example.
Have to agree. Patrick is a sweetie and really seemed to be giving it his all.

Question: does Ray seem disinterested in his team? Do you think he maybe just wants to do all the media stuff and forget his "floundering" drivers and leave the decisions to some one else? Am I right in the assumption that "they" gave KK all the good stuff this year? What for? He didn't make the chase. There was no way in hell ES was going to make it. I'm sure I'm not stating anything that you haven't already thought or expressed but I just wish the GEM guys could get their "houses" in order and step up to the plate, pony up and RACE!! My bad.

“RACING RULES ”

Longview, Tx

#9 Sep 24, 2008
theo wrote:
<quoted text>
Have to agree. Patrick is a sweetie and really seemed to be giving it his all.
Question: does Ray seem disinterested in his team? Do you think he maybe just wants to do all the media stuff and forget his "floundering" drivers and leave the decisions to some one else? Am I right in the assumption that "they" gave KK all the good stuff this year? What for? He didn't make the chase. There was no way in hell ES was going to make it. I'm sure I'm not stating anything that you haven't already thought or expressed but I just wish the GEM guys could get their "houses" in order and step up to the plate, pony up and RACE!! My bad.
Theo, I am not sure that GEM has any good stuff even for Kasey. They have had a few stong runs but those are few and far between. Ray may not have any power anymore after selling a majority interest to Gillette? Pony up? Heck I bet some racehorses have better motors and more heart than that team right now.

Location hidden

#10 Sep 24, 2008
I have to agree; the whole group just seems to be on automatic-pilot sometimes. I don't mean that people aren't doing their jobs or aren't trying, but no one really seems to have that fire to really go for it.

It is like they "know" they can't really accomplish anything special (meaning win), so they don't invest much of themselves in the deal, beyond the actual moment of action.

I really do hope I'm wrong and just misreading attitudes and such, because a laid-back-Kasey can really fly, but a who-gives-a-fig-team won't.

“I invented that.”

Since: Feb 08

Dallas, TX

#11 Sep 24, 2008
Agreed on Sadler, unfortunately, and Sorenson isn't exactly a prize either. I wish I understood the team's logic there.

As far as Kasey getting the "good" stuff, that's relative. His stuff may have been slightly better, but it was still junk.

Ayrshire, IA

#12 Sep 27, 2008
I just don't know what to make of the whole mess. Could it be that Gillette invested (bought out or whatever) the team for a write off? It just seems that he bought a "seat filler" team cause he had the bucks. I might be way off base. KK seems "committed", Sadler is questionable, and PC looked like he was finding his ryhthm. To let him go and then get Sorenson - have to agree that he isn't exactly a prize. JMO - I like the guy and do believe he does have potential, but now we're going to have to live through another season of KK & ES talkin' smack. i.e. "Patrick wanted to move in another direction and Reed is a great team player, blah, blah, blah, blah......." I just don't know what to think.
Mikey fan

Toledo, OH

#13 Sep 27, 2008
theo wrote:
I just don't know what to make of the whole mess. Could it be that Gillette invested (bought out or whatever) the team for a write off? It just seems that he bought a "seat filler" team cause he had the bucks. I might be way off base. KK seems "committed", Sadler is questionable, and PC looked like he was finding his ryhthm. To let him go and then get Sorenson - have to agree that he isn't exactly a prize. JMO - I like the guy and do believe he does have potential, but now we're going to have to live through another season of KK & ES talkin' smack. i.e. "Patrick wanted to move in another direction and Reed is a great team player, blah, blah, blah, blah......." I just don't know what to think.
GEM is a joke..gee, if ES REALLY wanted to win, he'd start looking for another team. Look at Gibbs and Childress--all 3 drivers in the chase. Just watch Casey Mears do good too, next year. There are weekends when Yates does better than GEM. Does anyone know if Ray is still dating Erin? Just wondered. E and amanda sure took the focus off Ray and Erin...maybe that's how ES keeps his job.
If Carpentier is serious about racing, maybe he should go back to his previous team. NASCAR seems to be focused more on making TV commercials than good racing...got to say, looks like Childress and Gibbs are the only teams, in the chase, that seems more focused on racing than acting.
Speaking of trying to be on TV, last week, when they were interviewing Kyle Busch on pit road, prior to the race, miss amanda had her back to the camera and was practically right behind Busch..E wasn't even in the picture. You could see her looking out of the corner of her eye (to see if the camera was pointed in her direction??)...honestly..E was nowhere near her..she had kind of wandered away from HIS car. She must be bummed--not getting that much time on TV, dating E. Tough break, baby!!

Ayrshire, IA

#14 Sep 27, 2008
Mikey fan wrote:
<quoted text>
GEM is a joke..gee, if ES REALLY wanted to win, he'd start looking for another team. Look at Gibbs and Childress--all 3 drivers in the chase. Just watch Casey Mears do good too, next year. There are weekends when Yates does better than GEM. Does anyone know if Ray is still dating Erin? Just wondered. E and amanda sure took the focus off Ray and Erin...maybe that's how ES keeps his job.
If Carpentier is serious about racing, maybe he should go back to his previous team. NASCAR seems to be focused more on making TV commercials than good racing...got to say, looks like Childress and Gibbs are the only teams, in the chase, that seems more focused on racing than acting.
Speaking of trying to be on TV, last week, when they were interviewing Kyle Busch on pit road, prior to the race, miss amanda had her back to the camera and was practically right behind Busch..E wasn't even in the picture. You could see her looking out of the corner of her eye (to see if the camera was pointed in her direction??)...honestly..E was nowhere near her..she had kind of wandered away from HIS car. She must be bummed--not getting that much time on TV, dating E. Tough break, baby!!
Missed that one. Maybe she is hanging with the competition for a reason.

Gibbs and Childress wouldn't give ES a first look - they want winners. They don't want seat fillers. JMO - I still like the guy and want to see him do well. Since all the Chasers are getting the airtime - go figure. GF just has to go where the air time is.(B. Baton needs to come my way.)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Patrick Carpentier Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Harvick wins controversial Montreal Busch race (Aug '07) May '14 Douglas Kenney 46
Patrick Carpentier to Drive for Michael Waltrip... (Apr '09) Apr '09 LGR 3
Carpentier loses NASCAR ride (Dec '08) Dec '08 Voice of Reality 2
Angry Carpentier released by Gillett Evernham (Oct '08) Oct '08 Warped 13
Notebook: Carpentier took his cue from Montoya (Jul '08) Oct '08 CND BILL FAN 4
Carpentier may run full Nationwide schedule in ... (Sep '08) Sep '08 mrbreeze 5
Carpentier 'over' (Sep '08) Sep '08 CND BILL FAN 10

Patrick Carpentier People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE