Newman Racing Helmet. Is it real???

Newman Racing Helmet. Is it real???

Posted in the Newman/Haas Racing Forum

Michael Breus

Tucson, AZ

#1 Jan 20, 2007
I picked up a Helmet at a Charity Auction and I wanted to find out if it was real. It has a picture of a Chicken on the side, with PLN on the other side and on the back it has his Name, Age ( 49) Tetanus (72) Blood Type (O+) and that he has no Allergies. Who can I talk to to find out??
M Thomas

Tucson, AZ

#2 Feb 13, 2007
It's entirely possible I guess. I have a book entitled Paul Newman: A Life in Pictures in which there is a picture of Newman with his back to the camera while wearing his helmet. It has his name PL Newman, Age: 52, blood type O+, Year of his last tetanus shot: 75, and that he has no allergies. The age and date of tetanus shot on your helmet are three years earlier than the date and age on the helmet in the photo. Your helmet could be from before he started using PL Newman to identify himself in racing since 1972 is the first year he started racing.
lorenzo

Roncade, Italy

#3 Sep 27, 2007
Michael Breus wrote:
I picked up a Helmet at a Charity Auction and I wanted to find out if it was real. It has a picture of a Chicken on the side, with PLN on the other side and on the back it has his Name, Age ( 49) Tetanus (72) Blood Type (O+) and that he has no Allergies. Who can I talk to to find out??
I may be interested in that helmet...email me at [email protected] . Thanks
marco bardelli

Rossiglione, Italy

#4 Jun 30, 2008
Hello Sir,
I have bought an original Paul helmet and there is signed back the lettering you told about. Can you send me a pixs of it if you can? It would be geat if this could be my helmet....
Thanks contact me to [email protected]

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newman/Haas Racing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News May 8 Wrap (May '09) May '09 lbraupach 1
News Paul Newman had strong links with Long Beach Gr... (Sep '08) Sep '08 andrew from chicago 7
News IndyCar's Justin Wilson aims to repeat 2006 vic... (Jul '08) Jul '08 Lets go racing 1
News Newman/Haas/Lanigan IndyCar Team Racing At 'Home' (May '08) May '08 Yep 1
News Police: Newman-Haas chief mechanic dies followi... (May '08) May '08 CNW 32
News For Sale: Used Champ cars (Apr '08) Apr '08 MarcoGreco 3
News Newman/Haas Looking Forward to Their Return to ... (Apr '08) Apr '08 Lets go racing 1
More from around the web