Police: Newman-Haas chief mechanic di...

Police: Newman-Haas chief mechanic dies following bar fight

There are 32 comments on the WISH-TV 8 Indiana News story from May 5, 2008, titled Police: Newman-Haas chief mechanic dies following bar fight. In it, WISH-TV 8 Indiana News reports that:

The Chief Mechanic for the Newman-Haas racing team died early Sunday morning after a bar fight.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WISH-TV 8 Indiana News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
why

Newington, CT

#24 May 6, 2008
He may not have been in the right but he also didn't chase someone down and beat them to deth.
unknow

Indianapolis, IN

#25 May 6, 2008
why wrote:
He may not have been in the right but he also didn't chase someone down and beat them to deth.
neither did the other person. if you read everything he was breaking up a fight he was not walking back to his hotel. They people telling this story (which is only one sided.) is telling a couple different storrys. He didn't beat him to death he died of a stroke, retard.
why

Newington, CT

#26 May 6, 2008
I hope the person that beat him like that gets life for first degree murder.If he had not chast him down and done this the man would still be alive.
unknown

Indianapolis, IN

#27 May 6, 2008
You dont know the truth, I was there, he was flirting with ones girlfriend and trying to tuck dollar bills down her top..These race men were in there for hours drinking.

Ski

“Is It Friday Yet?????”

Since: May 07

Smalltown New York

#28 May 6, 2008
unknow wrote:
Everyone is making David (the person to die) the good one here. You have only heard one side of the story. HE WAS THE AGGRESOR. What they are saying in the papers and news is not true. Of course you will believe this cause this is all you are hearing. But the truth will come out then you will all feel stupid about talking trash about a person that protected hisself and just because he was a on the Indy team don't make him in the right
And how do YOU know the true story? Were you there?
Him being on an Indy team shouldn't make any difference.
unknow

Indianapolis, IN

#29 May 6, 2008
why wrote:
I hope the person that beat him like that gets life for first degree murder.If he had not chast him down and done this the man would still be alive.
first of all he didn't beat him to death he died from a stroke moran. this guy that "was just walking back to his hotel" was not just walking back he was out there in fights. So the person who did this will not get first degree murder. Please read before posting dumb commets.
Adam

Avon, IN

#30 May 6, 2008
Who the hell eats dinner at 1:00am! I have been to that bar. They do not serve dinner at the time. NO! These guys (on the pit crew) do not want the public and there boss (paul newman) what the hell they were doing. Was he heading back to the room or pounding drinks for HOURS on the large patio between the bar and the hotel? HMMMM let me think... lets see... He may have well been a good man. However how many good men do things that they shouldn't be doing after drinking 5 hours. I know I have done things that I regreted when drinking a little too much. That is why I don't drink any more. Why is his teammates not screaming murder at the top of their lungs! Would you if your friend or teammate were killed and you saw it? Or maybe just maybe this guy was in bad health, drunk, tucking dollars, chasing women, and aggressively fighting with other men. Just a thought. One more thing if it were just like the team or the reports said would everyone be free 4 days into this or maybe just maybe we are getting one side?
rob

North Chicago, IL

#31 May 6, 2008
unknow wrote:
Everyone is making David (the person to die) the good one here. You have only heard one side of the story. HE WAS THE AGGRESOR. What they are saying in the papers and news is not true. Of course you will believe this cause this is all you are hearing. But the truth will come out then you will all feel stupid about talking trash about a person that protected hisself and just because he was a on the Indy team don't make him in the right
unknown - Cinninati - I hope to heck you were sitting right there in that bar and saw it first hand...otherwise you don't know what your taking about!
unknown

Fishers, IN

#33 May 7, 2008
Sorry to tell all those people who want to believe Mr. Evans was innocent in the whole thing, but he was the aggressor. I was at Kaza's on Saturday night, when the arguement broke out. Mr. Evans was yelling "YOU I WANT YOU" and pointing to somebody. He was then finally taken out of the bar and instead of walking over to his hotel he stood out on Kaza's Patio and kept yelling and instigating the fight. He had an opportunity to go back and he didn't. It is unfortunate that this has happened, but it was a 2 sided affair and Mr. Evans was in no shape or form more innocent than the other guy involved. It sucks because they cut us off at about 12:35 when it happened then we all got to hang out drinking water while we waited for the homicide det. to interview us all.
unknown

Fishers, IN

#34 May 7, 2008
oh and by the way the I am not in Chicago, I live in Indy. I don't why this stupid thing says chicago.
sanfordnsonrules

United States

#35 May 7, 2008
No name wrote:
No one ever said the real cause of the fight, he was tucking dollar bills down one of the guys girlfriends top..Thats what started the whole thing.
Why is someone's "girlfriend" letting him do that? Is she a hooker? IF so, she's EVERYONE's girlfriend!
CNW

Indianapolis, IN

#37 May 8, 2008
asfqa

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newman/Haas Racing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News May 8 Wrap (May '09) May '09 lbraupach 1
News Paul Newman had strong links with Long Beach Gr... (Sep '08) Sep '08 andrew from chicago 7
News IndyCar's Justin Wilson aims to repeat 2006 vic... (Jul '08) Jul '08 Lets go racing 1
Newman Racing Helmet. Is it real??? (Jan '07) Jun '08 marco bardelli 4
News Newman/Haas/Lanigan IndyCar Team Racing At 'Home' (May '08) May '08 Yep 1
News For Sale: Used Champ cars (Apr '08) Apr '08 MarcoGreco 3
News Newman/Haas Looking Forward to Their Return to ... (Apr '08) Apr '08 Lets go racing 1