Police: Newman-Haas chief mechanic di...

Police: Newman-Haas chief mechanic dies following bar fight

There are 32 comments on the WISH-TV 8 Indiana News story from May 5, 2008, titled Police: Newman-Haas chief mechanic dies following bar fight. In it, WISH-TV 8 Indiana News reports that:

The Chief Mechanic for the Newman-Haas racing team died early Sunday morning after a bar fight.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WISH-TV 8 Indiana News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
CNW

Indianapolis, IN

#1 May 5, 2008
avca
tinman

Indianapolis, IN

#2 May 5, 2008
How can they rule a drunken fight a homicide?? I would guess if the person had died, it would be forgoten.
tinman

Indianapolis, IN

#3 May 5, 2008
I meant the "other" person
R Simpson

Cincinnati, OH

#4 May 5, 2008
What a senseless way to end a life after putting so many years in something you love & having it snuffed out by lowlife such as these. David probably never hurt a sole in his life. Terrible, just terrible. My condolences to the family.
lori from indy

Marysville, OH

#5 May 5, 2008
cant we show our guest that visit our city that we are a safe and friendly city.
indygirl

Redwood City, CA

#6 May 5, 2008
Perhaps the dumb tramp that started the fight should go to jail. This guy was just having some drinks and a little fun with racing buddies not looking for trouble and ended up with a bunch of coked up idiots just looking for a fight. The guy was leaving to avoid the conflict and they chased him down jumped him and kicked him in his face. Tell the hooker to stay home and quit getting innocent people killed over NOTHING!I hope we all can grow up now. You have to live forever knowing you took someones life over something so stupid.
indygirl

Redwood City, CA

#7 May 5, 2008
by the way tinman if someone dies it is homicide wether it was a drunken fight or a sober fight. He was attacked! Thats homicide!DRINK ANOTHER ONE!

RIP-D.E.

Ski

“Is It Friday Yet?????”

Since: May 07

Smalltown New York

#8 May 6, 2008
Kazablanka....Good food..great gyros's, reasonable prices. Also a biker hangout. The parking lot is usually full of motorcycles during the evening when the weather is nice. Most are nice folks, but there always has to be that one jerk.
Jason

Greenfield, IN

#9 May 6, 2008
Keep it up INDY, and you will soon be a ghost town! Just lost a major convention, others will follow if the violence doesn't stop!
Jason

Greenfield, IN

#11 May 6, 2008
White Pride wrote:
What a moron. Big bad race team bad a**. 2 a.m. and fighting in the parking lot. ;) REAL tough guy. Thinks because he belongs to a "race team" that he can do whatever he wants. Guess what. He's doing what he DESERVES now; decomposing. Loser. Fat loser.
Read the story dumb a**, he tried leaving the bar to defuse the situation, they chased him down in the parking lot! RIP!!
No name

Indianapolis, IN

#12 May 6, 2008
No one ever said the real cause of the fight, he was tucking dollar bills down one of the guys girlfriends top..Thats what started the whole thing.
Larry

Zionsville, IN

#13 May 6, 2008
Gentleman do not get into bar fights. What a loser.
Larry

Zionsville, IN

#14 May 6, 2008
lori from indy wrote:
cant we show our guest that visit our city that we are a safe and friendly city.
You're kidding right? What city do you live in? Not Indianapolis I'm sure.

Since: Apr 08

Noblesville, IN

#15 May 6, 2008
Why would the pigs jump to any conclusions? He was a rich white man
lori from indy

Marysville, OH

#17 May 6, 2008
i guess the south side is another world.my address says indianapolis.and i sure wasnt saying indy is safe but i do think in this matter he was trying to be a gentleman.and the people of indy should show some respect to people that visit our city.even each other but that is living in a dream world.thanks for the address check .lol
Jason

Greenfield, IN

#18 May 6, 2008
keno wrote:
<quoted text>lol. I dont beleive that! He knew his asstricks was going to get kicked and he ran so hard he had a stroke!
Well at least he took it outside!
Morgan Barber

Long Beach, CA

#20 May 6, 2008
Wasn't he a little old for acting like that ???
here is help for you

Chicago, IL

#21 May 6, 2008
Well, with the IRL vs. Champ Car fighting, no one died.... RIP D.E.
unknow

Indianapolis, IN

#22 May 6, 2008
Everyone is making David (the person to die) the good one here. You have only heard one side of the story. HE WAS THE AGGRESOR. What they are saying in the papers and news is not true. Of course you will believe this cause this is all you are hearing. But the truth will come out then you will all feel stupid about talking trash about a person that protected hisself and just because he was a on the Indy team don't make him in the right
Jason

Greenfield, IN

#23 May 6, 2008
unknow wrote:
Everyone is making David (the person to die) the good one here. You have only heard one side of the story. HE WAS THE AGGRESOR. What they are saying in the papers and news is not true. Of course you will believe this cause this is all you are hearing. But the truth will come out then you will all feel stupid about talking trash about a person that protected hisself and just because he was a on the Indy team don't make him in the right
We can only comment on what we know, moron!! Your the only one using the fact that he was on a Indy team!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newman/Haas Racing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News May 8 Wrap (May '09) May '09 lbraupach 1
News Paul Newman had strong links with Long Beach Gr... (Sep '08) Sep '08 andrew from chicago 7
News IndyCar's Justin Wilson aims to repeat 2006 vic... (Jul '08) Jul '08 Lets go racing 1
Newman Racing Helmet. Is it real??? (Jan '07) Jun '08 marco bardelli 4
News Newman/Haas/Lanigan IndyCar Team Racing At 'Home' (May '08) May '08 Yep 1
News For Sale: Used Champ cars (Apr '08) Apr '08 MarcoGreco 3
News Newman/Haas Looking Forward to Their Return to ... (Apr '08) Apr '08 Lets go racing 1
More from around the web