One series' demise is another's rise

One series' demise is another's rise

There are 2 comments on the Monterey County Herald story from Apr 13, 2008, titled One series' demise is another's rise. In it, Monterey County Herald reports that:

I t's funny -- in an odd sort of way -- but it took the demise of Champ Car to produce the largest field in years for next weekend's Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Monterey County Herald.

TurnTwelve

Waukesha, WI

#1 Apr 15, 2008
Bobby Rahal as grand marshall? You mean the ex-Champ Car CEO & team owner who said "up yours Champ Car fans" and packed his bags for the IRL. Where are Alex Zanardi, Juan Montoya, Nigel Mansell, Sebastian Bourdais and others who were record setters and Champ Car Fan favorites. www.turntwelve.com

Since: Aug 07

Morris, IL

#2 Apr 15, 2008
Smart man, btw Juan said it too all the way to F-1 if you don't know about Zanardi you're lost.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jimmy Vasser Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Vasser wins after long, bumpy road (Apr '10) Apr '10 Mike Donelon 1
News Grand Prix running on star power (Apr '10) Apr '10 Lew Gordon 1
News KIRKORIAN: Pasant really pays for his ride (Apr '10) Apr '10 Great Guy 1
News Champ Car's Tracy looks for IRL ride (Feb '08) Aug '09 Voice of Reality 78
News Commentary: Glory days continue for Ganassi (Apr '09) Apr '09 Rich in SoCal 1
News Bob Keisser: Glory days continue for Chip Ganas... (Apr '09) Apr '09 Silvia 1
News Paul Tracy to race in Indianapolis 500 for KV R... (Apr '09) Apr '09 PTfan 1
More from around the web