Tracy searches desperately for IRL ride

Tracy searches desperately for IRL ride

There are 84 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Mar 6, 2008, titled Tracy searches desperately for IRL ride. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Curt Cavin & Steve Ballard Two weeks have passed since U.S. open-wheel racing unified and Paul Tracy still isn't part of an Indy Racing League team.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Steve

Indianapolis, IN

#1 Mar 7, 2008
Somehow I find it hard to believe this headline. And Gerald Forsythe can go pound sand. He's jacking with the employment and income of a friend of mine who has to support a family.

“close the gate behind you”

Since: Sep 07

South Bend, IN

#2 Mar 7, 2008
do you really think he is desperate curt ? as probably one of the most recognizable names in american open wheel racing one almost has to think someone will put a ride together for him from a purely marketing standpoint. and to he11 with forsythe and his bags of money.
Indy Bob

Greenwood, IN

#4 Mar 7, 2008
Paul Tracy should look for a ride in NASCAR .. given his driving style.(Push and shove). He would fit in great.
Indy Bob

Greenwood, IN

#5 Mar 7, 2008
I can't believe Milka Duno is back, and scheduled for 11 races at that. Her car's position is so far back, we think she is in front. She is an insult to other racers including Danica. Danica has skill and fire to go to the front. Duno is a disaster....waiting to happen.
bad idea

Indianapolis, IN

#6 Mar 7, 2008
Don't do it AGR! I can't imagine Paul being able to be a "true" teammate on a team where members actually strive to make each other better by sharing setups and info. TK, the most affable driver, and PT, the worst? Not a good match. Don't do it, Mike.
weirdo

Indianapolis, IN

#7 Mar 7, 2008
I guess tha the crapwagon ride buyer cant buy a ride , thats just priceless. Bwahahahaha

Good ridance PT.
rifleman

Knightstown, IN

#8 Mar 7, 2008
Who cares. He should be pumping gas in some one horse town.
Paul Tracey

Rockford, IL

#9 Mar 7, 2008
I didn't want to drive one of those crapwagons anyway!
Indy Bob

Greenwood, IN

#10 Mar 7, 2008
Indy Bob wrote:
Paul Tracy should look for a ride in NASCAR .. given his driving style.(Push and shove). He would fit in great.
PS..... I was NOT serious here. After I read it the post sounded like it meant it. OPPS.
Welcome

Indianapolis, IN

#11 Mar 7, 2008
Hey Paul, did you forget your in the big leagues. High profile drivers have lost rides for years in this game. Why should you be any different. Did you ever think that if you weren't such a tool, you would have more options. Go around comes around....
RACER

New York, NY

#12 Mar 7, 2008
Do you think that Tracy's negative comments and vitriol towards IMS, Tony Geroge and the IRL have anything to do with his current inability to find a ride ? He's been one of the most outspoken critics since the split, and he's never had a good word for George, and doesn't particularly like the IMS. What goes around comes around. I really haope that he can't even fimd a job driving a garden tractor.
RACER

New York, NY

#13 Mar 7, 2008
Do you think that Tracy's negative comments and vitriol towards IMS, Tony Geroge and the IRL have anything to do with his current inability to find a ride ? He's been one of the most outspoken critics since the split, and he's never had a good word for George, and doesn't particularly like the IMS. What goes around comes around. I really hope that he can't even find a job driving a garden tractor.
TAZ

United States

#14 Mar 7, 2008
"Welcome" is right. When you act like an idiot, sometimes sponsors don't come looking for you. He has embarassed himself one time too many and shot off his mouth many times too many! And he won't drive for "hamburgers and hotdogs," ---I see his attitude has not changed. Why would anyone want to work with him?
Bob

Goldsmith, IN

#15 Mar 7, 2008
Indy Bob wrote:
I can't believe Milka Duno is back, and scheduled for 11 races at that. Her car's position is so far back, we think she is in front. She is an insult to other racers including Danica. Danica has skill and fire to go to the front. Duno is a disaster....waiting to happen.
Not sure what this has to do with Duno, but now that you bring her up, how about comparing the carnage of Duno compared with Tracy's? You got nothing other than she's not as fast as the other. Oh well, someone's got to be the slowest.
Bob

Goldsmith, IN

#16 Mar 7, 2008
Indy Bob wrote:
Tracy tried Nascar and did not succeed.
Gomer Condre

United States

#17 Mar 7, 2008
RACER wrote:
Do you think that Tracy's negative comments and vitriol towards IMS, Tony Geroge and the IRL have anything to do with his current inability to find a ride ?
No.
RACER wrote:
He's been one of the most outspoken critics since the split, and he's never had a good word for George, and doesn't particularly like the IMS.
On what do you base that last part? Did you just make it up? No one likes FTG.
RACER wrote:
What goes around comes around.
Really? When does FTG get thrown in Gitmo for his abduction, rape and murder of the Indianapolis 500?
Bob

Goldsmith, IN

#18 Mar 7, 2008
RACER wrote:
Do you think that Tracy's negative comments and vitriol towards IMS, Tony Geroge and the IRL have anything to do with his current inability to find a ride ? He's been one of the most outspoken critics since the split, and he's never had a good word for George, and doesn't particularly like the IMS. What goes around comes around. I really hope that he can't even find a job driving a garden tractor.
No, it's probably got something to do with him being a d!ck.
CareerLeader

Louisville, KY

#19 Mar 7, 2008
RACER wrote:
Do you think that Tracy's negative comments and vitriol towards IMS, Tony Geroge and the IRL have anything to do with his current inability to find a ride ? He's been one of the most outspoken critics since the split, and he's never had a good word for George, and doesn't particularly like the IMS. What goes around comes around. I really haope that he can't even fimd a job driving a garden tractor.
Nope, I don't think so.

If George is willing to drop over 30 million just to get to race at Long Beach and to bring champcar drivers into his series... do you really think George wants to leave out one of the biggest champcar names there is?
CareerLeader

Louisville, KY

#20 Mar 7, 2008
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>Not sure what this has to do with Duno, but now that you bring her up, how about comparing the carnage of Duno compared with Tracy's? You got nothing other than she's not as fast as the other. Oh well, someone's got to be the slowest.
Actually, you've got nothing other than Milka in a SAMAX car is not as fast.

Everybody has acknowledged how far behind the Champcar teams will be since they have no experience with the equipment.

Anybody remember that SAMAX was in the same position last May?

Milka's 'training' from Enge ended when she was putting up faster laps than Tomas... yet the car was still a pig.
Indy Bob

Greenwood, IN

#21 Mar 7, 2008
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>Not sure what this has to do with Duno, but now that you bring her up, how about comparing the carnage of Duno compared with Tracy's? You got nothing other than she's not as fast as the other. Oh well, someone's got to be the slowest.
Slowest is the problem. She is a snail, a corner plyon marker. She is going to cause a big wreck sooner are later if she is in the way on the track.
That is what I meant. You cant drive sloooowww, when cars are closing at a much greater speed. Get the trauma team ready. I do HOPE I AM wrong.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dale Coyne Racing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Let's go racing (May '14) May '14 mandy 1
@CurlingRacer: Hope that the rumors are true th... (Mar '10) Mar '10 goodlookin 1
News Watkins Glen: Dale Coyne IRL IndyCar Race Recap... (Jul '08) Jul '08 Lets go racing 1
News Injured Indy 500 crewman released from hospital (May '08) May '08 Orwell 1
News Injured Indy 500 crewman released from hospital (May '08) May '08 Lets go racing 3
News Drivers expect unification to end feuding (Apr '08) Apr '08 ripow 1
News Indycar second day testing Rahal hits wall (Mar '08) Mar '08 Ski 6
More from around the web