Pit worker caught fire, kept his cool

Full story: Columbus Dispatch
When Simon Pagenaud pulls his Acura prototype car in for a pit stop Saturday at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, crewman Keith Jones will have his hand on the "dead man" lever. Full Story
Randy Holton

Columbus, OH

#1 Aug 6, 2009
Credit needs to be given to the correct people. Rich Nester, the Chief of Emergency Services for the Ohio Valley Region, Sports Car Club of America, was the first person to the scene to assist Keith Jones. Soon after, many other fire fighters from Emergency Services were on the fire assisting Rich.

I was a witness working in the Start Tower above the fire. The swarm of emergency workers was absolutely amazing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

CART Racing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Simon Pagenaud puts Honda on pole for Saturday ... Jun '14 Go Blue Forever 1
Harvick wins controversial Montreal Busch race (Aug '07) May '14 Douglas Kenney 46
Pagenaud tops speed chart at strange Indy practice May '14 wichita-rick 2
Action Express Corvette fastest in 12 Hours of ... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Berkely Hendrix 1
Grand Prix of Baltimore faces schedule shift in... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Inner Harbor Merc... 1
Power wins in Sonoma after late Dixon penalty (Aug '13) Aug '13 TexasRaider 1
Cubs Rally Past Pirates (Jun '13) Jun '13 Alton Simms 1

CART Racing People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE