Indy race car driver Castroneves acqu...

Indy race car driver Castroneves acquitted of most charges in t...

There are 117 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Apr 17, 2009, titled Indy race car driver Castroneves acquitted of most charges in t.... In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

In this Monday, March 2, 2009 file photo, Helio Castroneves, right, of Brazil, accompanied by his sister Katiucia, talks to reporters outside federal court in Miami.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Tired of It

Newport, RI

#1 Apr 17, 2009
Of course he was acquited! Celebs never go to jail!
Kenny

Pompano Beach, FL

#2 Apr 17, 2009
Another famous person gets away with cheating on their taxes.
SMILE TIM GEITNER

Hollywood, FL

#3 Apr 17, 2009
how can anyone be convicted on tax evasion when the head of the IRS tim geitner is litteraly a tax cheat???? good job mr obama!!!
tony

Boca Raton, FL

#4 Apr 17, 2009
This is a good day.
mario andretti

Fort Myers, FL

#5 Apr 17, 2009
zooom zooom
Censor Beater

Hallandale, FL

#6 Apr 17, 2009
Bullsh|t.
Indy

Boca Raton, FL

#7 Apr 17, 2009
He had the best representation in Roy Black.

“Go read some Bastiat then talk”

Since: Oct 07

Boynton Beach

#8 Apr 17, 2009
Good. If You See Kay taxes
Get Real

Atlanta, GA

#9 Apr 17, 2009
Still makes you sick though that the IRS stands there with there hand out, takes him out of his seat in the car and in the end, has the ability and power to call you a liar.
Strangled by Taxes

Boca Raton, FL

#10 Apr 17, 2009
Good. Another worker is spared jail time so that he may be "free" to work and earn some more.

Our stupid Government. Will they ever learn you can't strangle the Golden Goose.
MJG

Tewksbury, MA

#11 Apr 17, 2009
Indy wrote:
He had the best representation in Roy Black.
Agreed. Black is the best...if you can afford him.
Heywood Jablome

Miami, FL

#12 Apr 17, 2009
Idiot jurors!

The acquitted them of the underlying crime, but HUNG on conspiracy?

I assume that the judge will throw out that count now.
mee

New York, NY

#13 Apr 17, 2009
smart man cause he was as guilty as can be and got away with it. You go boy
stupid people

Hallandale, FL

#14 Apr 17, 2009
stupid people on the jury. lying lawyers. money talks, BS walks.
Yea BiGgiEs

Hollywood, FL

#15 Apr 17, 2009
I am glad to see that people are winning against this hocus pocus agency namely the "irs". I for one don't recall ever entering in an agreement or contractual obligations with such organization agreeing to surrended over 25% of my income for my whole life. Can someone provide me a copy of the document that I signed agreeing to such? The "irs" is nonsense. We would be richer people if we werent strong armed and bullied into responding to these people on an annual basis. Not to mention the hours of uncompensated time to prepare what they demand to be compliant. I can't be bothered. They have 10 years to collect... come collect from me if you so desire and you will spend more on a jury trial...

“Go read some Bastiat then talk”

Since: Oct 07

Boynton Beach

#17 Apr 17, 2009
mee wrote:
smart man cause he was as guilty as can be and got away with it. You go boy
How do you figure? Did you sit through the trial and hear everything the jury did? Thats how our legal sytem works. Thank god we have one.

Acquitted = Innocent.
Fredo

Lake Worth, FL

#18 Apr 17, 2009
go speed racer, go speed racer, go speed racer goooo!
Rose

Hollywood, FL

#19 Apr 17, 2009
Did any of you people even take a moment to read the article? Obviously not.
RHR

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#20 Apr 17, 2009
I told you people 6 weeks ago the the governments case was weak. The ability to send payments directly to a legitimite finacial services company to be placed in a defered annuity is perfectly legal and quite common for the past 15 years. I hope the IRS has to pay all the legal bills for Helio, his sister and Mr Miller. I look forward to seeing Helio in an hour. I'm sure he's gonna be ready to race.
ICE

Hallandale, FL

#21 Apr 17, 2009
yes he is a "foreign person in a foreign country ",,,,and he was here to make american dollars ,,, apparently,miami jurors are simpathetic to "foreign persons in a foreign country" here to take american dollars and not pay taxes.... this verdict is unfortunate...he should be deported back to brazil in violation of his visa....and prosecuted for conspiracy .....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

CART Racing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NASCAR drivers warn that transition won't be ea... (Aug '06) Mar '17 MakesPhartxx 68
News Simon Pagenaud and Chevrolet win IndyCar race a... (Apr '16) Apr '16 Go Blue Forever 1
News 2015 Petit Le Mans: Action Express Racing Sweep... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Fart news 2
News Fraternity Suspended After Hanging Gross Signs ... (Aug '15) Aug '15 Fart news 2
News Simon Pagenaud puts Honda on pole for Saturday ... (Jun '14) Jun '14 Go Blue Forever 1
News Harvick wins controversial Montreal Busch race (Aug '07) May '14 Douglas Kenney 46
News Pagenaud tops speed chart at strange Indy practice (May '14) May '14 wichita-rick 2
More from around the web