Bob Hunter commentary: Rumblings ... OSU football, NBA draft, Jacke...

Full story: Columbus Dispatch

Before blue-chip quarterback Braxton Miller took the stage yesterday at Huber Heights Wayne to announce he had committed to the Ohio State recruiting class of 2011, Wayne coach and athletic director Jay Minton tried to be the warm-up act.
Comments
1 - 9 of 9 Comments Last updated Jun 5, 2010

“The One, The True”

Since: Dec 09

Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2010

Judged:

Griffey was happy-go-lucky. Translation: he was a clown who skipped practice, avoided workouts and never stepped up as a leader. That's why he was never a winner.

Imagine what kind of numbers Griffey would have put up if he had trained. He would have avoided more injuries and recovered faster if he had any work ethic and opted to hit the gym. Griffey never saw the point in improving upon his me-given talents. That's a sin. What a waste...
SVC

Toledo, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2010

Judged:

I've got a great idea, let's scrap the early committment press conferences. You make your announcement on national signing day and that's it. No fancy press conferences, no podium full of hats to choose from. Just sign your letter and move on.
USAF Airman in Germany

Montgomery, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2010

The GOD wrote:
Griffey was happy-go-lucky. Translation: he was a clown who skipped practice, avoided workouts and never stepped up as a leader. That's why he was never a winner.
Imagine what kind of numbers Griffey would have put up if he had trained. He would have avoided more injuries and recovered faster if he had any work ethic and opted to hit the gym. Griffey never saw the point in improving upon his me-given talents. That's a sin. What a waste...
Curious God what was the name you went by when you played with Ken Griffey Jr. I mean you know so much please tell us more, we want the absolute inside been there done that truth. Oh you didn't play with him, Oh you weren't even apart of the Mariners, Reds, or White Sox organizations. Oh you don't really know, your just spouting off your opinion. Well GOD your opinion doesn't mean much, we'll just leave it at that!

Since: Sep 09

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2010

Imagine the numbers Griffey would've put up if he hadn't hit that injury bug for roughly a 4 year stretch?

During his prime in Seattle there was simply no one better than Ken Griffey Jr. He was a monster in his day. I wish him well in retirement.
Matt

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2010

Bob, any of those defensemen that the Jackets would take at #4 won't be old enough to play in the AHL. They'll be with the Jackets or their Junior team, I believe.

“The One, The True”

Since: Dec 09

Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2010

John in Worthington wrote:
Imagine the numbers Griffey would've put up if he hadn't hit that injury bug for roughly a 4 year stretch?
During his prime in Seattle there was simply no one better than Ken Griffey Jr. He was a monster in his day. I wish him well in retirement.
If Griffey would have hit the gym with a little tenacity he wouldn't have suffered the injury bug. Funny how the injury bug coincided with him turning 30. He should have been in his prime for a couple of years in Cincy, but he couldn't be bothered with things like working hard and stretching.
Punt on 2nd down

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2010

I really, really, really cant wait until football season gets here. I cant stand golf, soccer, hockey, tennis.
NoBama

Lima, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2010

SVC wrote:
I've got a great idea, let's scrap the early committment press conferences. You make your announcement on national signing day and that's it. No fancy press conferences, no podium full of hats to choose from. Just sign your letter and move on.
could not agree more!!! you are still in high school and have done nothing in college yet...we dont need the drama...just pick a school!!!
laughing at cowbus

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2010

Baseball and Cincinnati will miss Junior, he was true class, don't find many like him anymore.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••