Yellowknife's Giant Mine cleanup cost...

Yellowknife's Giant Mine cleanup costs to double

There are 1 comment on the CBC News story from Mar 27, 2013, titled Yellowknife's Giant Mine cleanup costs to double. In it, CBC News reports that:

Giant Mine, located just outside of Yellowknife, is one of the most contaminated sites in the country.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

we just charge taxpayers

Coldstream, Canada

#1 Apr 2, 2013
owner of giant mine that created all the issues is still doing buisness in canada in the minning industry and we the taxpayers are folling her around with our money cleaning up her mess while she makes billions and we spend billions time to wake up and stand up people things can be done if you want them to be.....check owner of giant mine the name royal oak mines will appear owner margret (peggy) witte will appear her name is now margret kent of washington now go to tamerlane ventures and low and behold the owner of the single most clean up in canadian history is still doing buisness in our yard making money while we are cleaning up her mess if i spill diesel in my yard the enviromenalists are there digging out the earth and taking it to a contaminatio site and giving me a bill that just about makes you bankrupt but if you are somebody than they have the taxpayers pick up your costs does this make sense people....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Yellowknife Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Well-known Sault man reflects on life in Ottawa Dec 26 MPPs eh 1
News CMA urges end to non-medical exemptions for vac... Sep '16 WAKEFIELD FRAMED 4
Yellowknife Music Thread (Oct '12) Sep '16 Musikologist 12
News Nighthawk Completes $6 Million Non-Brokered Pri... (Jul '16) Jul '16 THE biz 1
News As peatlands dry out from climate change, wildf... (Jul '16) Jul '16 THE biz 1
News Yellowknife judge stays lengthy assault prosecu... (Jul '16) Jul '16 THE biz 1
News The decision to close N.W.T.'s law library is s... (Jul '16) Jul '16 THE biz 1
More from around the web