N.S. smoking ban will spark 'wave of ...

N.S. smoking ban will spark 'wave of change,' Cancer society predicts

There are 4 comments on the CBC News story from Dec 14, 2007, titled N.S. smoking ban will spark 'wave of change,' Cancer society predicts. In it, CBC News reports that:

“I don't expect and I hope that we will never have to charge anybody under this section of the legislation”

A decision by Nova Scotia to ban smoking in vehicles carrying kids will protect children from harmful second-hand smoke while creating a "wave of change" across the country, says the Canadian Cancer Society. via CBC News

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“A teen girl for God who cares”

Since: Nov 07

Seattle, WA

#1 Dec 15, 2007
If they ban smoking, they should ban drinking too. They do the same amount of damage to your health.
just candid

AOL

#2 Dec 15, 2007
Redhead4Jesus wrote:
If they ban smoking, they should ban drinking too. They do the same amount of damage to your health.
I don't know the ins and outs of the laws in Nova Scotia ,but I doubt if they let you drink and drive there with children in the car.
Sarcasm

Cherry Hill, NJ

#3 Dec 15, 2007
It will never happen as long as the lobbyist buy the Congressmen and Senators..and of course they help put in a president who smokes...even if it's grass..
just candid

AOL

#4 Dec 15, 2007
Sarcasm wrote:
It will never happen as long as the lobbyist buy the Congressmen and Senators..and of course they help put in a president who smokes...even if it's grass..
Do you have any idea where Nova Scotia is? How their president? is?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wolfville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mona Parsons sculpture unveiling slated for May... Apr '17 myrna burton 1
News Repay hundreds of millions in taxes, Ottawa tel... (Jan '17) Jan '17 Stop Statism 2
News Regional (Feb '15) Feb '15 freethinkradio do... 1
Wolfville Wetland Threatened (May '14) May '14 Concerned 1
News Canada's greatest unknown writer (May '14) May '14 goody gumdrop or ... 1
News Art scene July 2 (Aug '13) Aug '13 Crow____ 2
News N.S. teen pleads for help with mental health is... (Feb '12) Jul '13 Anonymous 2
More from around the web