Homicide capital of Canada

Homicide capital of Canada

There are 51 comments on the The Winnipeg Free Press story from Jul 25, 2012, titled Homicide capital of Canada. In it, The Winnipeg Free Press reports that:

A national survey of police-reported crime data for 2011 found Winnipeg and Manitoba had the highest homicide rates in the country, and Winnipeg had the most violent crime.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Winnipeg Free Press.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Anon

Winnipeg, Canada

#47 Oct 9, 2012
I suppose I should point out that with 500,000 people and three murders, the overall rate in the suburbs is 0.6 homicides per 100,000 population....about one quarter of the Canadian average rate,
Anon

Winnipeg, Canada

#49 Oct 10, 2012
Anon wrote:
And I should point out how much of a douchebag I am as well. I troll the Internet for stats, then post them here to make myself look smart. But in reality, i'm just a pathetic human being that has no friends other than my computer and topix. I am scum, for undermining the work our forces and soldiers have done overseas to try and better an area of the world that has been oppressed for much to long. For this I apologize. I really should go jump off the Arlington street bridge into the path of an oncoming train, but I am way too cowardly to even think of attempting this. I should be ashamed of myself, but I am not. I am to dim witted to feel shame. Maybe I should join the Canadian forces and deploy for a tour to the middle east before I make any more idiotic assumptions like I previously have. I'm sorry!
A very good chance that the post above was written by Peter Ross. Whoever wrote it using my moniker is a pretty deranged person who is incapable of repsecting the opinions of others without launching into personal attacks. If there is a disagreement with a post than debate or discuss it on its merits.
DUH MOMENT

Winnipeg, Canada

#51 Oct 10, 2012
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Did I mention that I must be a deranged person, and many, many times in the past I have been unable to respect the opinions of others without launching into personal attacks on them. It is my modus operandi most days. The days I forget to take my meds are usually the days I turn into a hypocritical as*ho*e.
Peter Ross, you've got some serious issues. Grow up Sparky. You crave respect? You gotta earn it. DUH
DUH MOMENT

Winnipeg, Canada

#53 Oct 13, 2012
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
I can guarantee you this was not Peter Ross... DUH!!
Sure Peter, sure. I know you think everybody but yourself is stupid, but people aren't that dumb! DUH!
Smarten up and knock-off the cyber-bullying.

Since: Dec 11

Winnipeg, Canada

#55 Oct 22, 2013
DUH MOMENT wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure Peter, sure. I know you think everybody but yourself is stupid, but people aren't that dumb! DUH!
Smarten up and knock-off the cyber-bullying.
I can guarantee it wasn't me who wrote that. Their spelling and poor grammar should have been a massive clue.
We may disagree, but I'd never stoop that low.
I've had the same done to me by the way, probably by the same troll.
Jenny Two Shirts

Winnipeg, Canada

#56 Oct 23, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Advocating violence and your complete disregard for human life are the "sad part". Recognition of the roots of the problem and constuctive solutions are needed. Not silly, knee-jerk, hormonally imbalanced proposals.
Right on. Its the white flabbies who P me off.
Jonny Two Shirts

Winnipeg, Canada

#57 Dec 3, 2013
hey not only homicide but killin and muderz to and people who wont giv me a smoke

Since: Dec 11

Winnipeg, Canada

#58 Dec 5, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
A very good chance that the post above was written by Peter Ross. Whoever wrote it using my moniker is a pretty deranged person who is incapable of repsecting the opinions of others without launching into personal attacks. If there is a disagreement with a post than debate or discuss it on its merits.
Getting pretty sad when you take an Anon post and ascribe it to someone else.
Just look at the atrocious spelling! Even in my worst nightmare I wouldn't spell that badly!
But hey, whatever makes you happy. Funny how you claim someone else is a troll, while doing exactly that huh?
Lonnie

Winnipeg, Canada

#60 Dec 14, 2013
Peter Ross wrote:
As long as it's gang members shooting and stabbing each other, I for one will chip in for the ammo!
What about homocide? Bet you know those stats too.
bogginbuster

Winnipeg, Canada

#61 Dec 15, 2013
most Indians = most murderers easiest math i've done in a long time...
Tyrone

Winnipeg, Canada

#63 Dec 16, 2013
bogginbuster wrote:
most Indians = easiest head i've done in a long time... native guys like their head.
Sounds more like ball bustin..yo

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winnipeg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dominion News on Portage (Jan '08) 3 hr Newbie No More 877
TRUDEAU sells BEEF CANOLA and CANDU to CHINA ! 5 hr Raquel Notley - A... 2
HYDRO can Save 2BILLION a YEAR on EXPORTS ! 5 hr Hillarys Big Clinton 2
TRUDEAU - Middle-class incomes rising: Fraser I... 5 hr JUSTIN TRUDEAU WINS 2
PILASTERs MAID Arrested for Trafficking in Cost... 6 hr Randy BackDoorMan 1
SUN LETTERS - Barry was told 5 years ago ! 6 hr Barry Bannock and... 1
Is Winnipeg a dump? (Jan '08) 10 hr Shoal Lake 40 Poo... 510
102.3 Clear FM Bonus Points (May '13) 15 hr Fan 4,953
More from around the web