Homicide capital of Canada

Jul 25, 2012 Full story: The Winnipeg Free Press 51

A national survey of police-reported crime data for 2011 found Winnipeg and Manitoba had the highest homicide rates in the country, and Winnipeg had the most violent crime.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Jak

Duncan, Canada

#1 Jul 25, 2012
I guess that takes the pressure off of Surrey.
JTF

Winnipeg, Canada

#2 Jul 26, 2012
We're number one! We're number one! We're number one!

...again.

Since: Dec 11

Winnipeg, Canada

#4 Jul 26, 2012
As long as it's gang members shooting and stabbing each other, I for one will chip in for the ammo!
JTF

Winnipeg, Canada

#6 Jul 27, 2012
But it's not.

Winnipeg, Canada

#7 Jul 31, 2012
I know, that's the sad part.
Far too many innocent people getting caught in their drug fueled crossfire.

and for the moron that judged my post "mean", tell me, do you HONESTLY think that these drug-dealing scumbags deserve any consideration or respect? They lost it the moment they started selling whatever poison they sling.
And if you're defending them, you're no better than they are.
Anon

Winnipeg, Canada

#8 Aug 1, 2012
Peter Ross wrote:
As long as it's gang members shooting and stabbing each other, I for one will chip in for the ammo!
Advocating violence and your complete disregard for human life are the "sad part". Recognition of the roots of the problem and constuctive solutions are needed. Not silly, knee-jerk, hormonally imbalanced proposals.

Winnipeg, Canada

#10 Aug 10, 2012
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Advocating violence and your complete disregard for human life are the "sad part". Recognition of the roots of the problem and constuctive solutions are needed. Not silly, knee-jerk, hormonally imbalanced proposals.
Ah, the 'hug a thug' crowd crawls out of their hemp-covered woodwork.
Back to your pot-induced coma, sparky, the adults are talking.
Anon

Winnipeg, Canada

#11 Aug 10, 2012
Peter Ross wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, the 'hug a thug' crowd crawls out of their hemp-covered woodwork.
Back to your pot-induced coma, sparky, the adults are talking.
Ah, the gun-happy, pill-popping, rube crowd crawls out of their oil-coated garage.
Back to your Fox News and your Winnipeg Sun. The educated crowd would like to participate in a reasoned and meaningful exchange of ideas. Go shop at Wal-mart or go to Tim's for coffee, those are things you are good at. Posting comments of any merit or insight....not your strong suit. Try to read a few books, travel abroad and read international papers. Then maybe in a year or so, come back and try again.

Winnipeg, Canada

#12 Aug 10, 2012
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, the gun-happy, pill-popping, rube crowd crawls out of their oil-coated garage.
Back to your Fox News and your Winnipeg Sun. The educated crowd would like to participate in a reasoned and meaningful exchange of ideas. Go shop at Wal-mart or go to Tim's for coffee, those are things you are good at. Posting comments of any merit or insight....not your strong suit. Try to read a few books, travel abroad and read international papers. Then maybe in a year or so, come back and try again.
You simply have NO clue whatsoever.
I never set foot in Walmart, preferring to shop in small, locally owned shops (being a small business owner myself, I hope that this is reciprocated) I have a Master's degree in Physical Anthropology, I hunt every Fall and always eat what I kill, wether it's Deer or Canada Goose or Grouse. I volunteer at several community projects and always try and help those I see in trouble.
I do, however, draw the line at helping people who are, clearly, dodging the system. Collecting welfare when they are capable of working earns them nothing but contempt from me.
I spent a decade in the Canadian Forces and retired honorably.
It looks like you, like so many of your leftist friends, simply have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to people you see as your "enemy".
Trust me when I say, you want me and others like me as your ally. NOT as your opponent.
Anon

Winnipeg, Canada

#15 Aug 11, 2012
Peter Ross wrote:
<quoted text>
You simply have NO clue whatsoever.
I never set foot in Walmart, preferring to shop in small, locally owned shops (being a small business owner myself, I hope that this is reciprocated) I have a Master's degree in Physical Anthropology, I hunt every Fall and always eat what I kill, wether it's Deer or Canada Goose or Grouse. I volunteer at several community projects and always try and help those I see in trouble.
I do, however, draw the line at helping people who are, clearly, dodging the system. Collecting welfare when they are capable of working earns them nothing but contempt from me.
I spent a decade in the Canadian Forces and retired honorably.
It looks like you, like so many of your leftist friends, simply have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to people you see as your "enemy".
Trust me when I say, you want me and others like me as your ally. NOT as your opponent.
I don't consider a person my ally when they show complete disregard for basic human rights and life and advocate extrajudicial killing. These concepts are to you leftist concepts? Bizarre.

Please stay on topic, welfare and hunting were not part of the debate.
Anon

Winnipeg, Canada

#16 Aug 11, 2012
Lorne Burgerton wrote:
<quoted text>
It's pointless in even arguing with this lunatic.
Especially when you lose every time, yes it is pointless.

Winnipeg, Canada

#17 Aug 12, 2012
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't consider a person my ally when they show complete disregard for basic human rights and life and advocate extrajudicial killing. These concepts are to you leftist concepts? Bizarre.
Please stay on topic, welfare and hunting were not part of the debate.
And yet you completely disregard the basic human rights of the VICTIMS of those "people" (and I use the term VERY loosely) that you seem to want to defend.
And THAT is the problem, you turn your back on the victim, and put your arm around the animal that harmed them.
YOU sir, are the problem, not the solution.
Anon

Winnipeg, Canada

#18 Aug 12, 2012
How am I disregarding the rights of the victim? I have not suggested that those who commit criminal acts go unpunished. But we have to uphold the rules of law, of fairness and of civility. To do otherwise crosses the line into barbarism. Advocating further violence, as you do, is just a knee-jerk reaction, a cop out.

Winnipeg, Canada

#19 Aug 16, 2012
Anon wrote:
How am I disregarding the rights of the victim? I have not suggested that those who commit criminal acts go unpunished. But we have to uphold the rules of law, of fairness and of civility. To do otherwise crosses the line into barbarism. Advocating further violence, as you do, is just a knee-jerk reaction, a cop out.
Anytime you side with the scum, and try to uphold the rights of criminals, you automatically disregard the rights of victims.

"To do otherwise crosses the line into barbarism. "

Yet the barbarism committed by the filth you want to defend is automatically forgotten. You guys really need to keep in mind whom the victims are...
But that's too hard for some of you, isn't it?
These scumbags have played you all like fiddles. They know the rules and they know how to play the game, aided by lawyers that are at least as crooked as they are. And believed by gullible morons who claim to want to "uphold justice".
Laughable...
Anon
#20 Aug 17, 2012
Peter Ross wrote:
<quoted text>
Anytime you side with the scum, and try to uphold the rights of criminals, you automatically disregard the rights of victims.
"To do otherwise crosses the line into barbarism. "
Yet the barbarism committed by the filth you want to defend is automatically forgotten. You guys really need to keep in mind whom the victims are...
But that's too hard for some of you, isn't it?
These scumbags have played you all like fiddles. They know the rules and they know how to play the game, aided by lawyers that are at least as crooked as they are. And believed by gullible morons who claim to want to "uphold justice".
Laughable...
Wow, you think people who believe in presumption of innocence and right to a fair trial are "gullible morons".
Your advocacy of violence and retribution are not only barbaric and off-the-wall extreme, they're downright dangerous. You should exercise caution, an unbalanced person might act on your advice.
mike

Winnipeg, Canada

#21 Sep 15, 2012
#1 with a bullit (or a knife)

Winnipeg, Canada

#22 Sep 18, 2012
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, you think people who believe in presumption of innocence and right to a fair trial are "gullible morons".
Your advocacy of violence and retribution are not only barbaric and off-the-wall extreme, they're downright dangerous. You should exercise caution, an unbalanced person might act on your advice.
And your naive "let's hug a thug" mentality is FAR more dangerous. It tells criminals that there will always be someone gullible and stupid enough to believe their lies and excuses. And you continue to ignore the fact that when you pretend that the perpetrator is "only a product of his or her environment" you give them yet another excuse for their inexcusable behavior.
You are not the solution (you and your ilk have utterly failed in this matter) you are the problem.
Thankfully, cooler heads have prevailed and Prime Minister Harper's Omnibus bill includes a provision to FINALLY protect victims if they stand up, and protect themselves, their families and their property.
Which is why I have a loaded shotgun within easy reach in my bedroom. I'm very much looking forward to the day when I can fill some drugged out scumbag's torso with 00 buckshot.
It'll be a lot like our time in Somalia...
Anon

Winnipeg, Canada

#23 Sep 18, 2012
Peter Ross wrote:
<quoted text>
And your naive "let's hug a thug" mentality is FAR more dangerous. It tells criminals that there will always be someone gullible and stupid enough to believe their lies and excuses. And you continue to ignore the fact that when you pretend that the perpetrator is "only a product of his or her environment" you give them yet another excuse for their inexcusable behavior.
You are not the solution (you and your ilk have utterly failed in this matter) you are the problem.
Thankfully, cooler heads have prevailed and Prime Minister Harper's Omnibus bill includes a provision to FINALLY protect victims if they stand up, and protect themselves, their families and their property.
Which is why I have a loaded shotgun within easy reach in my bedroom. I'm very much looking forward to the day when I can fill some drugged out scumbag's torso with 00 buckshot.
It'll be a lot like our time in Somalia...
On one hand you argue for respect for the law, on the other you break the law by unsafe storage of a firearm.
You are too radical, unbalanced and dangerous to possess a FAC or a firearm. You are looking forward to killing another human being? Do everyone a favour and see a psychiatrist. Chances are far higher that you and the whisky won't mix well one night, or worse yet, you'll lose your temper with a friend or family member with disastrous consequences. You need help, seriously. Sounds like it could be PTSD. Very common with those who served in the military. It's a sickness and it's not your fault. Don't be embarrassed to seek help. Tell the doctor that you have violent thoughts.

As for the Harper government's Omnibus bill (in itself an abuse of parliamentary procedure) thank goodness we have cooler heads in some of the provinces and in the courts that will either refuse to enforce this radical legislation or strike it down.

By the way, The Criminal Code already has provisions for self-defence. Good luck, I hope you can pull yoursef together.
Anon

Winnipeg, Canada

#24 Sep 18, 2012
I think it's sad too that you joined the military to uphold the rule of law and the values of fairness and civility, but yet you return home having decended into barbarism and full of darkness.

Winnipeg, Canada

#25 Sep 22, 2012
Anon wrote:
I think it's sad too that you joined the military to uphold the rule of law and the values of fairness and civility, but yet you return home having decended into barbarism and full of darkness.
And yet, I and many like me did what needed to be done. Unlike the cowards and whiners that would never be able to do so.
Let me guess (not so much a guess as 100% certainty) that you never did don a uniform and have the courage to give your country what needed to be done.
You really don't need to answer, I know your stripe. You think that the Police are your first line of defense. Which is laughable. To me, police are necessary only to the point of scraping up what's left of some drugged out scumbag from my porch door and thanking me for taking out a piece of barely human trash from the equation.

But that probably "shocks" you doesn't it?
I cannot imagine someone like you facing some of the situations I and my brothers in arms did. Actually, I can; it involves fast running feet and lots of tears...
Truthfully, you have my pity, as does everyone that relies on you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winnipeg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gail Asper's "Museum of Human Rights" Source of... 3 hr CanadaKicksAss 2
Winnipeg mayor gets choked up after magazine ca... 3 hr CanadaKicksAss 6
Welcome to Winnipeg: Where Canada's racism prob... 23 hr URBAN RESERVE 13
MacLean's: "Go back to the Rez" Sat WorkWillSetUFree 8
I Wanna Buy A Truck Sat Anyone Wantotobuy... 18
Bleak picture painted of racism in Saskatchewan Sat Chief Sukcok 3
Winnipeg mayor to address claim city is 'most r... Sat WorkWillSetUFree 3
102.3 Clear FM Bonus Points (May '13) Fri 81Wayne 2,522
92 CITI FM Bonus Codes (May '13) Fri Marjorieb 3,049
More from around the web